Harvest Reviews - Page 4

Best Time Tracking app

Pros

As a freelancer who bills clients based on time spent I tried several time tracking apps, but found Harvest to be the best. Here's why: – They have a very good Mac app that is being actively developed, – The overall quality of the software is high and it's very reliable, – The free tier allows you to have 2 active projects, – Good for simple time tracking of your team, – Allows you to track expenses, – Provides detailed reports, – Does one thing and it does it really well.

Cons

– The design works, but is a bit dated, – I'd love the ability to track time on my watch, but their Apple Watch app has been discontinued, – I don't find the iOS app very useful.

Agency Time Tracking

Pros

For many agencies, time tracking is critical. Although we don't bill per hour, it is still extremely important that we track our time so we know how much time is being dedicated on each client and where that effort is going. It allows us to stay efficient while also addressing any issues with specific clients before they get out of hand.

Cons

There are limited categories which presents a bit of a challenge to our agency. We really need to be able to drill down on where time is being spent and the lack of category options makes that more difficult because we have to rely on comments and then rectify that data at the end of the month.

Multiple Clients, Multiple Projects Very affordable flexible solution

Very intuitive softare. No training or support required after over 6 months of daily use. I invoice my clients monthly and track my time daily. I love the ease of tacking via my phone or laptop. It is simple to set up various rates or project billing.

Pros

The ease of adding new clients and projects. It is also very flexible to track different rates, billable and non-billable time.

Cons

Really no complaints. Setting defaults for the projects under each client keeps the time tracking and billing clean.

Harvest works but has some limits that make it less than useful

Pros

I can create a project and log expenses and time to them. Easy to see what is going on. Easy to track the time and expenses.

Cons

Time can be logged to a project and task. Expenses can only be logged to a project. Seems like they missed something here. With mileage expenses, you cannot enter stat/end miles. You have to track that on your own and enter in the total driven for each mileage expense. No way to associate a vehicle with an expense. Customer support doesn't seem to think any of the mileage features will ever be addressed. Virtually zero integration with common accounting tools like Quickbooks. Everything has to be transferred manually.

Eliminated our previously very manual time-tracking process

Manual time tracking. Makes it easier for Engineers to input their time, and manager to view in real-time.

Pros

Easy to use and customize. I also implemented the use of Harvest forecast which links with Harvest in order to help estimate utilization of our engineers. Prior to using Harvest, our time tracking process was very manual, and this has really made it so much easier.

Cons

There are lots of features that I'd love to be able to customize, such as budget overages (automatically being marked as non-billable). I also question the way that it calculates utilization, but I've just adapted and manually put together reports for myself and management team.

Amazing time tracking & invoicing tool for remote teams

We use Harvest daily to track our time spent on projects across all clients. Monthly invoices are also generated automatically through Harvest's invoicing tool.

Pros

Harvest is amazing for tracking time across multiple projects, for small-medium sized teams. It's important that time tracking is easy, so that everyone on your team uses it, and Harvest excels in this aspect by providing apps on all common platforms (phones & desktop). The time tracking integrates beautifully with the invoicing tool, allowing the whole process to happen within Harvest (at no additional cost!)

Cons

There's a few minor limitations in functionality like not being able to enable time rounding on customer reports/invoices. It would also be really nice if Harvest were to include more integrations that weren't run through Zapier.

Time tracking made easy

I contract for many different companies and need an accurate time tracking software to log hours on multiple projects throughout the day. Harvest accomplishes that and more with a simple start/stop timer next to each project line item. The best part is that you can go back and edit your time in case you left it running or needed to log some unaccounted for hours. Would definitely recommend!

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly and easy to deploy. Upon activating my account, I was up and tracking time within minutes. Every aspect was very easy to understand.

Cons

I have not found a flaw as of yet, but if I were to suggest anything it would be to have a simple widget in the corner of my screen in which I can easily see where I'm at on logging time without having to minimize or move a window out of the way.

Good tool with helpful updates

Harvest does the job for us and we use it hourly! But reporting could definitely be better

Pros

Time tracking is simple and there are good apps to make this easier on your desktop etc. A recent update allowing for recurring projects was a GAME CHANGER for us as previously creating new projects every month for ongoing retainers was a nightmare. Allows us to track both projects and tasks within those

Cons

Reporting could definitely be improved as we've had to investigate integrations with other tools or massive Google sheets to pull the data that's of real value to us as a business. eg finding time against budgets isn't super simple.

Reliable and User-friendly

Pros

Harvest is a good option when it comes to basic time management and invoicing needs. It is easy, friendly and reliable to the point of becoming addictive. It have seen it used by freelancers and small companies. You can quickly get started with tracking your time and expenses, keeping track of project progress, invoicing customers, tracking invoices and offering online payment. The learning curve is quite mild.

Cons

It would be nice to improve some of the basic features so that users have more power and granular control. For example, I would like to see the ability to mark or unmark specific hours as invoiced and to duplicate recurring invoices. They have gone slightly in this direction, but it seems their development effort is mostly spent on adding new functionality such as project management. Also, if you're only using a subset of the offered functionality, then it's not exactly cheap. However, I'm happy to pay, the quality makes it worthy.

Time tracking made easy!

Harvest has become a seamless part of our workflow, which we've consistently used to accurately track our time. It's helped us quote future projects based on the granular detail we're able to capture using harvest on our current projects.

Pros

The fact I'm abel to efficiently and accurately track my time against a range of tasks I've previously set up makes Harvest a winner. Honestly don't know how we'd operate the studio without it.

Cons

Sometimes I forget to start the timer, so it'd be great if the app could give a nudge or something similar if a timer is not running. It does a great job of reminding you if you leave a timer running too longer, however, which is great.

Intelligent time tracker

I used this app for 4 years and I never sen anything more intuitive and affordable

Pros

With Harvest you can create projects and tasks which will be available for users to track time. You can integrate it with Jira. You can set up a webhook with slack for reminders. Harvest has a mobile app as well as desktop app. The later can be configure to notify a user when they have be inactive for a while, and it gives an option to track that time as a different item

Cons

With Jira Integration, a project that is pre-selected is not consistent with the ticket. This is annoying when you are switching between user stories back and forth

User-friendly time tracking and invoicing software!

Easy time tracking, reporting, and invoicing.

Pros

(1) User experience is exceptional. Tracking time within projects is extremely intuitive. (2) Very visual product in terms of forecasted costs on a given project. (3) Reporting is the best part - gather data based on team members, area of work, date range, etc.

Cons

(1) It appears there are multiple different funnels to get to the same information. These flows make the platform seem convoluted, redundant, and sometimes confusing. (2) Invoicing UI could be improved. For example, creating and linking invoices to projects follows a seemingly arbitrary rule set.

More positives than negatives

I'm using Harvest to get into a better routine of tracking my time. So far, so good!

Pros

I like having the Harvest desktop time tracker installed at the top of my desktop--I've found it really increases my awareness of how I'm spending my time. I bill hourly, so that is key!

Cons

I'm still figuring out how to use Harvest and it may just be overkill for my simple needs of tracking time. Setting up a new project takes a lot of time and I really don't need all the bells and whistles it offers because I have other tools for things like tracking expenses. I'm nearing the end of my free trial and on the fence about continuing with a paid subscription. I can't get it to track offline, so that it's an issue too--I like to work outside in parks and coffeeshops and be able to track offline. I know I can use the Harvest app on my phone but don't want to be toggling between devices.

Happy to discover Harvest (strange name)

This was a trouble free 30-day trial. I didn’t hesitate to subscribe for a year.

Pros

For my new consulting company, this provides exactly what I need. Totally intuitive startup. Customer, contact, projects, and functions concepts allow good segmentation. Robust, no glitches. Great looking invoice template. Good integration with QuickBooks.

Cons

I have not yet found major irritants .

Easy to set up and use, but lacking advanced features

Great for monitoring timesheets, easy to set up and use

Pros

Easy to use as an admin and end user, quick and easy interface, requires few clicks to get you to where you need to be

Cons

Notifications can't be configured for a project and time off, missing advances features such as billing

Great recurring maintenance invoices, payment reminders, keeping things simple.

Great and easy to use! Support was very friendly too. But to be frank, doesn't proactively solve the issues for me!

Pros

Very simple, straight forward. Can make estimates, invoices, recurring invoices, reminders, payment notes. That's all most of us really need.

Cons

Lacks a number of customizable features. A few features were obviously hardcoded in, and don't provide much flexiblity. There are workarounds, and I guess its simplicity makes up for it. Emails are only mobile width, doesn't look so visually appealing. App doesn't work on my Pixel 3XL. Crashes on Invoice page, and thereafter crashes whenever I open. Not usable. Reported issue, but not yet fixed after about 2 weeks.

Easy to learn & use, essential for freelancers and billable work

Overall, a positive experience. It helps keep teams accountable to each other, and keeps businesses accountable to their clients. And provides data to improve processes and efficiencies.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. I've used it as an employee and as a freelancer. It helps you identify just how long tasks really take, and how to bill accordingly. It also helps you find ways to improve efficiency over time.

Cons

It's a little stressful the way some companies want you to use Harvest. Sometimes I forget my tracker is still running, sometimes I forget to start it. And sometimes it feels like micromanagement.

Easy and Reliable Way to Track Time

I use Harvest daily for work to track my time. It is an app that I can use on my computer, phone, or tablet which makes it convenient to access anywhere. You can also set a budget for a client to ensure you are not spending more time than you will be paid for.

Pros

I like being able to easily track my time for a client and also being able to categorize the work. I can also track additional expenses that will need reimbursement. Harvest makes it easy to create and submit an invoice for the time I have worked.

Cons

The free version is very limited and so most companies will need to pay for the app to use it.

Simple time tracking tool - good UX, but no bells and whistles

Pros: Harvest is a very simple time sheet tool for project time reporting. Good performance, good user experience, easy to use. Cons: Harvest has poor reporting capabilities - you cannot see Margin for a project in the reporting. This is a basic functionality of time tracking for project management. When I asked Harvest about this, the customer service agent responded "Unfortunately, there isn't...

Time Keeper

Harvest is an efficient way for us to track time on each task of a project as well as invoice client directly. Before we were using two different platforms to track time and invoice.

Pros

The ease of use is what sold me. It allows me to check in on my team to make sure they're tracking their time appropriately. The two in one invoicing is the other feature that streamlines our process. Plus, the in-depth reporting really helps us understand how we're doing revenue-wise.

Cons

I wish there were a way to put a limit on time tracked in a particular task or project. This would stop some of the issues we have with going over budget. Or a way to see how many hours are left in a task without having to go into the project.

A great balance of functionality and simplicity for time tracking and invoicing software

Harvest allows us to easily set up projects, track budgets, and bill clients. No frills, just what you need.

Pros

They have hands down some of the best support of any SAAS company, and for a very reasonable price tag. I almost always get same-day answers. The basic features are very simple to use and are getting even more simple. I love that it has simple time tracking and invoicing that just work.

Cons

I wish you could style the invoices more, they look pretty bland. I also wish you could charge credit card fees to the customer automatically when they use a card (this is legal where I live in TN). And accepting e-check would be great, too. But I wouldn't be surprised if they implement some of these features, they've been requested!

Harvest makes it really easy for my teams to track time and invoice for time.

Harvest has made it easy to track team utilization (critical for a services based business). It also makes it super simple to invoice time (not to mention follow up on invoices). Reporting and team visibility has also been huge for our functional teams

Pros

Harvest is easy to use on any platform, and has direct integrations into just about any other productivity tool you can think of. I love the Team visibility and reporting. Invoicing is super easy as well.

Cons

I wish Harvest made it easier to switch between multiple accounts (for example, business and personal) where different email addresses are used.

Easy Time Tracker / Invoicing suited for freelancers

I stopped using Word for invoicing and never looked back, as you can send a receipt so easily, you can send out automated payment reminders to annoy those late payers and not bother yourself.

Pros

It's simple and I can track all projects. It allows simple Estimates to be accepted by the client. And you can also turn all your billable hours into an invoice in an easy step. Cheap!

Cons

It doesn't allow for direct deposit pay now link, as I dont use Paypal for business. It doesnt offer window-capture tracking if you happen to have a VA, and the price goes up steeply when adding another user.

Functional and reliable

Harvest is my full-time time tracker as an agency web developer. My team uses it to gauge project health and to track time spent on different phases and features. Along with it's companion product, Harvest Forecast, we use it to plan and compare estimates with real data to hone our quotes and improve our process.

Pros

Harvest madness time tracking easy and painless, with different views (daily, weekly) that make it a breeze to review and submit timesheets.

Cons

The web version does not let you modify a timer that is currently running, so that your have to stop the current timer to make adjustments to it.

Best time tracking program

Great. Its easy to use, has a nice clean appearance, and allows our my team to accurately track their time.

Pros

Our studio tried a lot of different time tracking programs before landing on Harvest. Its really easy to create new projects, track time against them, and create monthly invoices to send to clients. There is a desktop app that a lot of my designers use that makes it really easy for them to track their time accurately as well.

Cons

I haven't found a major issue with Harvest. For my needs, as a team leader, it works great. Though Im not sure what the experience is like for my director who has greater admin access. Considering we've stuck with Harvest this long, all must be going well!