Harvest Reviews - Page 5

Works well for time management and budget set up

Pretty happy. Its very helpful to keep track and super easy to add in time even if you are backlogged.

Pros

It's pretty easy to understand and they constantly add in new plugins to connect to make time tracking easier such as tracking to your google calendar or tracking via asana tasks which is pretty awesome. It's also great at sending you alerts if a project is nearing too many hours per budget.

Cons

You can't easily find all your projects for one client as a whole very easily. You have to go through the number system they have at the bottom but if you a lot of clients in there it takes forever to find. It would be nice to have it page through by alphabetical there instead of 1-X.

Harvest Makes Tracking Time Less Painful

Simple. Straight-forward. Consistent. And Stable.

Pros

The power and how it's hidden to keep the app simple to use for most people. But when you need it, you can grant it to a user and they can dive into deep reports that show everything that ever happened in our agency. Their Mac and mobile apps are great, too!

Cons

While Harvest doesn't feel all that much outdated, it could probably use a design refresh to take advantage of higher-resolution screens we all work on these days. I like change, and there's room for that.

Best time tracking software for our company type

Pros

I love that you can create tasks just for you. In our company we have created our own verbiage and this lets us create tasks just for us. It is so simple to create a new project.

Cons

Creating reports based on the work that was done for the day or for a total project can be a little tricky if you are not really good at computers. It would also be nice if on the mobile app you were reminded of a past time still running or if the project manager was notified by email that there is an employee with a timer still running.

Very straightforward for team members to track their time

Overall, Harvest provides an intuitive interface for any team member to log their time, with little training needed. If the speed issues can be resolved, this would be a much more efficient time tracking product.

Pros

Harvest provides a really simple and easy-to-use interface for team members to track time. It's simply a case of selecting a project and the task within that project, then logging the amount of time. It couldn't be any simpler.

Cons

At times, Harvest is quite slow to load, wasting precious time waiting for the time tracking system to load. This is a particular issue when trying to view time reports on projects, as that requires loading different pages, causing a considerable wait time.

Great for timekeeping, estimating and invoicing for a small service or product based business.

I was able to easily track the time associated with projects and invoice based on those times. It was helpful to have that information not only for the project while it was inaction, but also for archival purposes to be able to estimate future projects. We had several users that contributed to the projects so it was a good tool to see how the project had progressed.

Pros

I like that it is simple to get started and easy to use. It is so easy, you have to put very little effort into getting started. Billing is straight forward, making estimates is a breeze and the customer service has always been top notch and responsive.

Cons

It is not for project planning, which is something that I think would be very beneficial. Especially for a services based company, I would like to see the ability to create a simple project with associates time lines, budgets and deadlines. They introduced a partner product but it wasn't as intuitive as the time keeping.

Easy time tracking online

Pros

My company recently changed project management software for one without a built-in timer. The feature was essential, so I went looking for a solution. Harvest fit the bill exactly. When I continue an existing timer, it starts the same timer up again, instead of starting a new one "grouped" with it, like most time tracking software - that quickly becomes cluttered and hard to manage.

Cons

I would like a rounding feature, up to the nearest 5 or 6 minutes, or more options for rounding in general.

Running software house? Must have for you!

- Transparency in settlements with clients, - Transparency in pay for employees

Pros

This is a must have app for software houses. After initial setup it helps with: - billing the client like a pro - transparency with the client - keep tracking of utilization of the devs - maintain records of works done

Cons

Some learning curve required. Also some habit needs to be acquired. After around 2 weeks teams acquired habit and remember to use time tracker correctly with issue tracker (tickets/jobs numbers).

Great tool, not sure we are using it to its full capacity or correctly

Overall, harvest is great and it shows our leader ship team who has more capability to take on work. But I do not believe that we are using it to its fullest potential.

Pros

For what harvest is, it is great for a tracking hours. Sometimes it can be hard to keep the task organized and making sure that everyone has access to the correct task. This is something that needs to be set up in depth before it is rolled out to the whole entire team.

Cons

If you aren’t using this tool just to track daily work time, it is great. But if you are needing it to track billing or client retainer time… There might be other tools that are better out there.

Nice integration with Basecamp; edits are tough

The reports I pulled, the integration with Basecamp, and the ease-of-use for creative staff (oh, and Chrome plugin) made this a great tool for me/ my team.

Pros

Really like how seamlessly it integrates with the PM software, Basecamp. A little stop watch/clock appears next to each task within a project, making it easy to track the time "per task."

Cons

Attempting to find things was rather difficult. Unless I knew the precise name, I could not find the project for which I was searching.

Simply easy to use

Pros

Harvest is a great product that is easy to use. When my company still used Harvest I was always on top of my timesheet. Now that we have moved to another product, I find that it takes more time to get my timesheet. in.

Cons

Not as many features and integrations as other timer products. This may have changed but at the time I used Harvest it didn't have an autotrack feature like other products have. I feel like that would have been a great bonus.

Great for Time Tracking and Accounting

We've used Harvest for years and we have been very happy overall.

Pros

I like the estimates, invoicing and time tracking from Harvest the best. We have it integrated with Asana and works great.

Cons

I wish the estimate templates gave you more control over the layout design. It doesn't even use a standard editor with basic HTML formatting tools, so it is cumbersome to format the terms and conditions.

Straightforward time tracking tool

The customer service is always quick to respond and have very clear answers.

Pros

It's very easy to use. We don't have to do any training for new employees. There are some good features such as splitting rates for personnel among projects. Reporting has improved over the years. Invoice tracking is good and useful.

Cons

There are a few limitations if you want to get more complex with invoicing and budget tracking for Fixed Fee Pricing contracts.

Simple Time Tracking Tool I'be Been Using for Years

Harvest is reliable, simple and comes with most of the features and reporting that I need to run my web agency. The integration with Basecamp is essential and the iphone app is a big plus. When it comes to time tracking, the simpler the better otherwise the time won't get recorded. Harvest does an excellent job on the user interface.

Pros

Interface, Ease of use, integrations

Cons

Would like more user permission options and more control over the quickbooks online integration.

Intuitive + Efficient Time Tracking for Small Business Owners

I love this tool for project and time tracking, and would highly recommend it to other small business owners.

Pros

I loved that there was absolutely no learning curve. Everything with this software is set up intuitively so that you can literally just sign up and get started.

Cons

I got slightly confused as to whether to add a .3 or a .5 when I was trying to indicate one half hour timeframe, then I realized it depends if you use the colon : or the period . Other than that, there are no cons.

Harvest for Mac is a freelancers dream

Pros

For Mac, the best part of the software is the amazing menu bar functionality. I don't have to use a chrome extension, so when I'm working in Photoshop or some other offline app, I can still easily track my time!

Cons

The invoicing system is great ... except ... you have to choose ACH and/or credit card as a payment method globally. This is not ideal, as there are some invoices that I only want to offer ACH on (aka big ones that I don't want to pay credit card fees on).

Great Platform for Time Tracking and Time Management

We use Harvest for our payroll time tracking. It has been great as far as that platform is considered.

Pros

It is simple to use for employees and management. I love that it tracks by week / month. It is a fun platform in the sense that the comments when you try to go back in time are about time travel. I like that it is interactive in this sense. It is a great way to track employee time for payroll. It also integrates well with other products such as meistertask.

Cons

The set up at first was a bit confusing when adding employees. Once we got that resolved it was a simple platform to use and is great for tracking employee time.

Simple and Straightforward if you only have one company

Harvest was easy to use as the layout and design were straightforward. I also enjoyed that you could carry over tasks rather than have to enter them in separately each time.

Pros

I enjoyed the layout of Harvest. It was an intuitive software if you had to rely solely on time tracking for one company.

Cons

We had two companies that we had to track time for and I would have appreciate some synergy or the ability to work within both companies without having to log out and in.

Tracking all in One!

Overall I love Harvest and will continue to use it and will also recommend to other companies to use as well.

Pros

Harvest is very user friendly and allows staff to easily keep track of their hours, expenses, and project costs. Harvest also has an app that you can use while on the go. I have not found a better platform for keeping track of our employees than this.

Cons

It would be nice if you could make an expense as recurring rather than having to enter it every month.

I use harvest to log all of my time as a healthcare consultant for my firm

Pros

I really like how easy it is to find buckets of time on harvest. I enjoy how easy it is to customize the tool for what we use it for at work. I frequently use the various reports on how people who report to me spend their time at the office. Its very helpful when assessing billable client hours on a project as well.

Cons

There are some issues navigating the reports and occasionally there will be time reporting discrepancies that clearly are a mistake.

Easy Way to Track Time

Excellent tool for project managers to track contractors and expenses.

Pros

We had many contractors working on various projects at our digital marketing agency. Harvest allowed me to have visibility into each project and provide transparency to our customers. It was easy to setup and quickly adopted by our team.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say - it worked very well for our needs. The free trial version is a great option for many freelancers that I know.

One of the best time tracking apps on the market

Insight into how we are doing on projects and better billing for our hourly projects.

Pros

It's super easy for our team to track and manage project hours. For freelancers and small teams, it's a no-brainer decision if you need to track time. The app, web extension and easy to use website make it super easy to get people into the habbit of tracking time. Stable software.

Cons

The subscription fees are steep when you have a larger team. The integrations are decent enough. The reporting is clunky and not as sophisticated as it should be for the price point. I always seem to have to export to excel to get the data points I need.

Track Time Effectively

Pros

One of the things I’ve discovered from doing freelance work is that I was highly underestimating the time it actually took me to do things. Whether it’s something you’ve done before, or a brand new project, managing your time can be tricky—especially when working from home. Harvest allows you to track your time per project and per task. This can be incredibly helpful when you’re doing a few different tasks within the same project or for the same client. Not only will this tool help you better track your time, it will also keep you more organized. It even allows you to create invoices directly in the app.

Cons

You can only track one task at a time, so for those who like to have multiple timers going, this may not be the best tool for you.

Easy to use time and expense software. Clean User Interface.

Pros

I love how simple the user interface is. It is easy to add and remove people from projects and tasks. I love the timer feature to get an accurate measure on how long I have been working. Tracking expenses is additionally very handy on here. The app allows you to do most things you would on the website. It is even easy to pull data into a third party to analyze.

Cons

There isn't much I dislike. It does become difficult to customize tasks if you're not an administrator and it is easy to forget if you are timing something but both of those are more user based. Not many complaints though.

Simplest, least complicated time tracking software i've used

Overall my experience wit Harvest is great. I know there are capabilities that allow you to send and create quotes for work, however I have not used that functionality. As a time tracking tool it's indispensable for me and the team I work with.

Pros

Often i've had issues with time tracking software being clunky or complicated where just logging my time is a task unto itself, not with Harvest though. Harvest is simple to use and makes it really easy to keep track of what i'm spending my time on with my clients and see how best me and the rest of the agency I work at can allocate our resources. I also enjoy the graph views to visualize just where my time is going.

Cons

Seeing notes for tracked time can sometimes be a little complicated with how deep you have to click into the entries.

Excellent hour-tracking tool for smallish teams

We can track how we use the time in projects very easily and also correct course if we're going over budget. Harvest has become almost indispensable for us.

Pros

Harvest is very easy to implement and fast to start using it productively. Tracking time is easy, and the reports are comprehensive. Works great also on mobile. For our team of 15, this is a great tool.

Cons

If you have a big team and a great deal of different projects, management can become unnecessarily complicated.