Harvest Reviews - Page 7

Perfect Match to TEAMWORK (Project Management Tool)

We are really in love with Harvest so far. It changed the way we log and invoice hours, as it is much easier due to the TEAMWORK integration and its built in features. Support is great and fast. Highly recommended.

Pros

Integration to TEAMWORK actually boost our use of TEAMWORK. Possible to FORECAST the team work load and compare estimated with actual time (extra $5 per user). Very nice REPORTING tools really help you to visualize and have insights about how your resources are used. Built in APPROVAL work flow to improve security and compliance. Easy way to INVOICE billable hours (Quickbooks and Xero integration).

Cons

Not possible to import entries from other systems was the only down side of implementing it so far as we are not able to see the historic data in the Harvest. Because we need to pay for different systems (TEAMWORK, HARVEST and FORECAST) the total cost per user for our company can be around $30. Not a problem but probably there are other systems that can do it all for the same price (but I need to say that Harvest has one of the best interfaces and reports that I ever see.

Complete and intuitive solution

Love it. I recommended Harvest to many friends and partners and they all seem to enjoy the tool.

Pros

Used it both for a medium size business and as a freelancer. Timesheet management is intuitive and easy to use and so is invoicing.

Cons

Some invoicing fields should be more easily customized. Archiving items could be hiding them in reports to help us clean the data with show on screen and make reports simpler.

I didn't know I needed this until I found it!

I just installed it yesterday and have already utilized it's data in several different ways. This Add-ON was SPOT-ON.

Pros

I needed a time tracker to use seamlessly with Basecamp. Did my research - I needed to be able to track time without using "Projects" in Basecamp. To my surprise, Harvest did this exactly how I needed it to work. I had contacted their customer service to ask if this would work, but event before they contacted me back, which was very quickly, I synced the programs and Whallah! It was done and easy. I was able to pull reports right away. Easy to enter, easy to change, easy to report, easy to....well...hopefully you get the picture - it was Easy!

Cons

Their options for just one person were exactly what I needed - so for me, there is nothing I didn't like. For larger groups - I would imagine this could get pricy.

Literally Save Time & Make Money

I definitely feel like I have a better grasp on where my time is going and where my money is coming from.

Pros

Harvest has completely changed the way my work pipeline works. Gone are writing down dates and times in hopes of keeping an appropriate grasp on how much time I am spending on each client. Better time tracking allows for me to better understand redundancies, as well as charge clients appropriately.

Cons

Harvest is simple, which is a good thing. But it's also a bad thing, when you look at auto generating invoices and comparisons based on week to week, plus money made per account, per hour, it is lacking. But currently there are still ways to do this with a bit of math.

Makes it very easy to invoice for my work

Overall very happy with this product and it's ease of use. Makes it easy for me to produce a processional bill and have the backend accounting of what I have billed for and what is outstanding.

Pros

I really like the ease of being able to record my time and generate an invoice for it. It has several settings you can pre-setup to make invoicing really fast at the end of each week.

Cons

I have to always change the pay by date. My current client only pays out on the 5th of each month, and there isn't a good way for me to customize it to a day of a month. You can setup net 10, 15, etc. Also I would love it if you could add say date fields to the subject line in the email and the PDF it generates. Both things I manually add each week.

Pulling it all together...

Live reporting, project costing, overruns, predictions, forecasitng. I need to be on top of the lot and Harvest helps me do that while presenting the staff and team with an easy graceful front end to deal with.

Pros

That I could integrate it with Salesforce, and its ease of use.

Cons

It's ful-featured so there's little I wasn't able to with it.

I use Harvest every day and could not work without it.

Organization and convenience

Pros

This software is user friendly and keeps everything in order for our company. We put our hours, expenses, and projects all in one convenient place. It is a must have for businesses. It also communicates with Quickbooks.

Cons

I wish I could keep recurring expenses on a schedule with Harvest so they automatically appear every month.

Easy to use time tracking system

Helped us keep track of employee's time each day and hours spent towards our clients and their individual projects.

Pros

Easy for users to add their time, and easy for managers to review and see where each team member and client is at for hours at any time. Reports can be exported into Excel for sorting and saving as needed.

Cons

Would be nice if it integrated in with more tools.

Hands down best tool for time managment

Projects stay (mostly) on budget and invoices get tracked and paid through one easy to use system.

Pros

Super easy to use, not trying to complicate it with too many bells and whistles. Love how it easily translates to invoicing too.

Cons

Few drawbacks. My only issues are how it integrates with Forecast (their other tool). Doesn't seem to offer much sharable data outside of the team members + project names.

Excellent Functionality, Needs Employee Features

Excellent way to track profitability, really is a power tool.

Pros

The app is excellent, great on web as well. The different methods that one can use to track their time fits any style.

Cons

I wish that Harvest gave employees the ability to look back at how thet have spent my time over a defined time period. Admins have this capability but rank and file employees do not.

All in one solution for indivisual and project managenet

Harvest is fun to use. Its a full package of project management. Workflow is simple and less time to learn.

Pros

I joint harvest for its time tracking ability and found it has a lot of things to offer. The first things it asked me is to populate a demo project. I was really surprised and agreed to import a demo project to see its capabilities. I am very impressed with the demo project which I can get an idea about my workflow. The time tracking is good and googles chrome browser extension helps me to work from every environment. I am now learning all the projects management for me and my colleges as this is a vital alternative to our current application. After the first login, it gives you the option to learn about workflow and application from the link which is a good and smart choice.

Cons

I am currently testing and didn't find that is a dealbreaker. Harvest has its own workflow and I have to learn it, which if I don't use this in the future will be a waste of time. But still, I am ok using it.

Harvest review

Strongly recommend to companies that manage many employees

Pros

Absolute best, using this Timesheet helps you get your work tracked your daily tasks monitored. Different reports can be extracted and reviewed later. You can follow up a project and check how much time it took you to finish the task, this is very useful if you are charging per hour. Employees in our organization submit a weekly sheet which can be edited, they can also observe their work through the week and improve themselves for the next project, you can also use it on a different devices.

Cons

Cost should be an issue for some organizations, however having Harvest gives an advantage

Excellent addition to your service toolset.

Pros

I don't review things often, but with Harvest, I had to - when you're looking for one specific thing, and you find exactly what you're looking for and its not ridiculously priced, that's a good day. The chrome extension that ties into GitHub so my team can just click a button and it link issues is fantastic. My favorite part about harvest is that it doesn't try to be everything. It does one thing, and it does it well and it doesn't kill your budget. It takes 5 minutes to set up projects and get running. Nicely done. Oh right, and a simple API that I can use for my own internal billing system. It's almost like thought went into this!

Cons

Eh, I can't think of any cons at the moment. It does what I needed. If I had some wishlist items, it'd probably be slack push notifications. Like when someone starts a timer, to be able to output that to Slack like: "Chris started working on [project] [issue]" .. and when a timer stops, push that to chat.. Just to really come full circle.

Good and useful

I use Harvest to be able to control the hours I spend on different tasks, either personal or professional.

Pros

Harvest is very useful to manage your time and know what you are investing it in. Both the application and the website work very well and give you a daily and weekly summary of what you have been doing. That way you can know if you are investing too much time in something you shouldn't or if you are not working enough on some project you should work more on.

Cons

It has not important extra features. It would be great to be able to export the data to different formats and even generate an invoice if needed. I think that would make the program much better.

Great Time Tracking App

Pros

Harvest has everything that a small business owner would need to tracking the time spent by employees on projects. Harvest works well for consulting firms that need an easy way to track time against projects, but to also track time against various types of projects (e.g. fixed fee, hourly, time and materials, etc.). It can handle everything that you need, and can also connect with CRMs and other systems.

Cons

Harvest itself is a great application. It is easy to use and setup. However, the views for time entry can be hard to understand (specifically the weekly view) because users can capture hours but not include the descriptions.

Harvest is a simple and basic time tracker & timesheet in one

Overall a great time logging and timesheet app which is useful for both freelance/contract workers as well as fixed hourly workers.

Pros

Harvest is great in terms of integrating clocking in & clocking out with a stopwatch system, making it great for both intervals of indeterminate work and for set blocks. It's easy to use and to submit your timesheets. The timesheets are also easy to read and the interface is quite modern and clean, which is very pleasant. It's also nice that you can select categories for what you were doing, as well as put in any notes for each chunk of time logged. A lot of timesheet software just lets you send notes with your submitted timesheet, which means a lot of referring to blocks after the fact. Harvest makes it more straightforward. I also like that you can type in your start and end time because drop down menus are a hassle.

Cons

I can't think of anything. It'd be nice if it showed your payrate and how much to expect every week, but few timesheets do that.

Excellent time tracking resource

Pros

Could not be easier to use. Takes two minutes to get going. Includes invoicing based on hours worked Reporting is detailed

Cons

A bit pricey for time tracker. Can add up if lots of users. No budget functionality for time-based project. For example, I'd like to allocate a weekly budget to a project and we notified when exceeded.

Harvest

Pros

Harvest was great when our company had 3-5 employees and we were a band new start up. The billing features are simple and time tracking is very easy. The software conveniently allows for more sorting and filtering of invoices that other programs I have used.

Cons

Harvest was great when our company had 3-5 employees and we were a band new start up. As we grew, our projects got bigger and more complex and our expenses grew. We tried to integrate Harvest with Quickbooks but the two softwares were hardly what I would call compatible and it made a huge mess. We are having to phase out Harvest now as it just doesn't offer the complex features we need as a growing company.

Great for small businesses

Super good. I have used it since the start of my company and would definitely recommend it.

Pros

It is easy to use and very intuitive. It has project time, expense, and invoice tracking all in one.

Cons

I'm sure there are more powerful programs that give more functions and detail, but this works for my small business

Good tool but pricey

Overall, Harvest is a great tool and makes tracking time very easy. However, it's pricey compared to competitors and doesn't offer enough features to make it worthwhile.

Pros

Harvest makes tracking time very easy for our employees to input and for managers to review and approve. We've used Harvest for tracking production hours for projects as well as working hours for payroll. It's a very handy tool and is really easy to use.

Cons

The price seemed a bit steep considering it's a fairly simple tool. It does provide some features, but overall, it really only has one main function, and the price reflected a much more sophisticated software. In fact, we terminated our subscription once we found a cheaper alternative that does the exact same thing.

Harvest is pretty much like Toggl

Pros

I've been using Harvest in tracking time for one of my clients who owns a digital marketing agency. I either use the Chrome tool or the Asana integrated tool. You can simply track the hours you spent for each tasks that you have worked on using Harvest. It's very simple and nothing fancy. It also notifies you via email your team spent more time than the hours set for a certain project.

Cons

Adding a screenshot feature will be very helpful to improve the tool.

Great Time Tracking Solution

Pros

The software provides the ability to carry over time entries from week to week and the ability to make notes on entries to provide time usage explanations. Allows for simple to complex time entry.

Cons

The reporting aspects of the system seem cumbersome to use and require a lot of tweaking to get the right information out.

Valuable tool for the solo freelancer with few projects

Allows me to easily track time spent on project and invoice my client.

Pros

There are three things I especially like about this software. First, with one exception (see below), the interface is very easy to use. I was up and running in moments. There are also concise, effective how-to videos available if you're not the "just jump in" type like me. Second, the value is exceptional. If you only work on 1-2 projects at a time, the software is free. it's a good value for the features. Third, the features are robust, especially the inclusion of invoicing.

Cons

There is one aspect of the interface that is annoying. Specifically, you cannot create a new task on the fly as you enter into a Time Sheet section. You have to enter Tasks separately, ahead of time in the Project section. It would be very helpful to be able to add new Tasks on the fly. It would also be nice if the Notes field allowed the insertion of bullet lists (though kudos for at least including Line Returns).

All in one project & time management solution

Very smooth, easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use time management - projects managers ses up your tasks and you simply select from a list of items (or to do's) to submit time spent.

Cons

Lack of features for non Admin users. Unable to see your overall time spent to check your own performance VS the project budgets / allocation.

Simple tool to record time

Pros

Easy to use on computer & friendly mobile app (for when you forget to stop time after you leave). It is easy to create new projects and log time in an organized fashion. I also like how it prompts you after you have been idle to see if you want to continue to log the time you were away.

Cons

I have the app for Mac and occasionally it will randomly stop timing or the timing will be off by a significant amount. Because of this is I try to just use the website as one source of truth. Additionally, the 'idle' message mentioned above can be annoying when in meetings for example, it would be nice to have some sort of silence or snooze