HoneyBook Reviews - Page 2

MM

Matteo M.

Textiles, 1-10 employees

Un buon software CRM

Pros

Honeybook è una piattaforma di gestione del lavoro e della clientela progettata specificamente per creativi, liberi professionisti e imprenditori. Ho avuto l'opportunità di utilizzare questa piattaforma e devo dire che sono rimasto molto soddisfatto.Uno dei principali vantaggi di Honeybook è la sua interfaccia utente intuitiva e facile da usare. La piattaforma è molto ben organizzata e ti consente...

Cons

Purtroppo, anche se Honeybook ha molte funzionalità interessanti, devo esprimere alcune critiche sulla piattaforma.Innanzitutto, il prezzo di Honeybook è piuttosto elevato rispetto ad altre soluzioni simili presenti sul mercato. Questo potrebbe essere un problema per molti freelance e piccole imprese che hanno un budget limitato e che non possono permettersi di pagare costi elevati per la gestione...

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

TB

Tracy B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Traumatized: 2 Years of Headaches then back Square 1

Traumatizing. They’ve got the right idea but not a single clue about operating a business. In the end, the lesson learned in my own business is to stop paying for headaches sooner rather than later.

Pros

Customizing the aesthetics of Client facing files was the reason we used it and the time invested in getting those things created, was why we stuck with it far longer than we should have. Regret every penny and every hour spent on this software, ultimately they “updated” their format (again) and we had to start all over - at our expense and time investment. They lost every payment dispute, dispute our never having lost one when we could handle them: our contracts are iron clad. You’re not given the choice to handle dispute: they must do it - they charge you for it too!

Cons

Customer service is pass-the-buck and no phone number and call backs hours to days later…don’t bother calling on a Friday afternoon, and if u do biz on weekends - too bad for you. Extremely slow to create something, it freezes, slow to upload assets, not intuitive to use whatsoever, help docs are vague. I once begged them to add non-gmail email and they told me their software was “not sophisticated” enough for me.

DB

Deborah B.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

This Product is a Must.

This software organizes our contracts, our proposals, our payments and essentially preps all our accounting in such a quick easy way. Our business became so much easier. We don't have to sit over paperwork for hours and that gives us time to give it our clients...which in turn gives us more clients. Our clients have never had to ask how to pay through the software because it is easy. The system even sends out payment reminders to our clients so we don't have to...which is definitely a major plus. I have already recommended HoneyBook to several other businesses who were struggling with all the paperwork and payments for their companies. This software makes that much of a difference.

Pros

The complete set up of contracts, invoices and legal portions was so quick and easy. Now we don't have to struggle with creating new proposals with each client. The auto population of products previously used is a huge time saver and makes it really easy for new employees to get the right price with the right product.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see, and truly, I haven't asked, so it may even be there already; the monthly report of income shows the total of all contracts that came in during the month. We only collect a deposit from each. We would like to see the income report reflect just the deposit total of the month for our accounting purposes.

JK

Jennifer K.

Photography, self-employed

HoneyBook is the right CRM for you!

I love HoneyBook. I have looked at switching just because I’m interested in seeing what else is available & how they compare, but I think my loyalty & the overall satisfaction with HoneyBook will keep me here!

Pros

HoneyBook just overall has so many great features that will help you run & maintain your business every day. During the onset of Covid & with so many of us experiencing cancellations & such, they were the only CRM I knew of that rolled out any help with legal documents to help you convey the right words to your clients to not only help you stay level headed & in charge of your business, but also helped...

Cons

The only things I wish that HoneyBook would improve on the most would be trying different variations with the project pipeline, with adding more availability or being able to choose between pipelines for different project types, & working out some kinks with the scheduling system between what we intend for clients to see in availability & what they actually see; & for the client to be able to go in & change their selection of date & time immediately afterwards & up to half an hour later.

AP

Alyssa P.

Design, self-employed

Using HoneyBook is like having a personal sales assistant helping me run my business 24/7

Wow, just keeping everything in one place for my business and the way HoneyBook automatically saves everything that I've been working on has been absolutely transformational. I feel like HoneyBook is 5-10 apps all in one. I also like your customer support and the overall vibe of your company that I get from using your product. I feel like you truly care about your customers :) Also, I'm currently on the $1 per month plan for 6 months. Keep offering that, because that is what made me commit to HoneyBook! Also, your pre-written proposal legal contract is AMAZING! So professional and easy to customize.

Pros

Honeybook is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Luckily, I started using it when I began my business, so I didn't need to transfer any existing CRM or sales data over. When I was onboarding, HoneyBook's support staff loaded in a bunch of pre-designed templates specific to my industry. They also took images I sent them of my products and prices and turned them into usable sales proposals. That alone has saved me WEEKS of time that I would have had to spend learning how to use HoneyBook and manually inputting my content.

Cons

The time tracker does not function to the extent that I need it to. I currently use Time Doctor to track my time, but it would be nice if I could keep everything in HoneyBook. Also, I oftentimes don't see my reminders for following up with "tasks" for clients in my projects pipeline. If there's a way to have those notifications automatically sync with my personal google calendar and send me an email...

SG

Shelbye G.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

The easiest way to get paid fast!

My overall experience has been very pleasant! The customer service is always very helpful and the little frustrations of working with a start up or nothing compared to the benefit that it’s given our business in the past two years!

Pros

1.Template building for sure. Not having to hand customize every single contract has saved so much time. 2. The fact that, in the wedding industry, it is heavily female dominant.... which means a lot of us are moms.... which means that this app allowed me to take care of critical work while on my phone. THAT is a lifesaver with kiddos. If you know you know! 3. The time between sending a proposal and getting paid (depending on how ready to book a client was) was minutes at most. I’d get live feedback when they opened the file, signed the contract, and made a payment. I never had to guess. 4. Customer service was great!!! They actively ask for feedback from their customers and even go granular with their questions so they can consider the nuances of each client’s industry!

Cons

1. The email communication side of the app is very hit or miss. Where they soar with sending files and making payments a BREEZE, the ability to create a streamlined, semi-automated Follow-up process for leads that come in is sorely lacking. Even if HoneyBook never intends to be the best at that portion of sales, I feel it is a simple task to add a feature that makes it easy to add tags to leads so that you can export those contacts to a service that DOES soar in email communication and lead nurturing. 2. There is still a lot of room for more organization in the communication process from sales to project completion.

CS

Cori S.

Photography, self-employed

The Best CRM Software EVER!!!

I am keeping my workflow seamless. I am not falling behind with not knowing what i have and havent done. I get notifications in my app on my phone to keep me up to date when i am not at a desk. Saving templates keeps me from having to re-do contracts and brochures to send to clients. And honestly the BIGGEST thing is it keeps me on top of clients and either closing things out if they arent interested, booking them if they just forgot to get back to me, or making sure they are seeing things.

Pros

I love how seamless and easy to use it is. It may be a transition at first but once you get changed over you will NEVER go back. The workflow is so easy to use and very customizable. Other softwares i've tested are not even comparable to how simple honeybook is to use.

Cons

The only thing i wish were better is the calendar system. It would be nice to be able to block dates out on the calendar to avoid booking, like if you had planned a vacation. I also with it would sync directly to ical. I hate having to make it use google becuase if google runs out of space it doesnt tell me and then i have a calendar issue.

Christina S.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

The Best Client Management Resource-- goes beyond normal software

Before I used HoneyBook, I had tried several other client management platforms. All of them were clunky, and often I'd have to hunt around for things in the interest of the app developer's attention to folders and organization. What a mess! I'm so glad I switched to HoneyBook. They've consistently made product improvements and seem to really care about their customers. It gets easier and more fun to use every day, with just enough features to accomplish what I need without overwhelming me. I highly suggest this to anyone who is managing multiple clients, especially if you have client projects that tend to go dormant for awhile then pick back up.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, and how amenable the HB team is to updating the software if you have a feature request or complaint. It provides very visual, easy user prompts that allow me to easily accomplish what I need in a fraction of the time of other software apps I've tried.

Cons

It's annoying that I can't delete the default emails that came with my account to replace them with my own workflow, so myself or a team member doesn't get confused with their suggested emails vs. the ones I actually want to use.

Christina, thank you for you being a HoneyBook member! We are so happy to hear that HB allows you to manage your clients in a fraction of time of other systems! Our Product Team works hard to consistently meet and exceed our members expectations. Thank you for the feedback on the default email templates. I will share with our team. Incase you didn't know, you can edit the default templates text and format to meet your needs.

CC

Casey C.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

From Employee to Business Owner Honeybook has been by my Side

Overall, Honeybook saves us so much time and allows my business to be operated with only 2 full time employees. If I were to try and run this business on my own, without Honeybook, I would not be able to give my clients the attention to detail and quick response time they deserve.

Pros

There is a very small learning curve using Honeybook. When I convinced my previous employer to purchase Honeybook, I realized how very quick and easy it was to integrate into the company. Now, as a business owner, my employees can utilize Honeybook as well and our company can have full transparency on where we are at with each client.

Cons

I really wish that Batch Emailing had more options. We often need to send specific batch emails to our clients dependednt on which stage they are at on our timeline. Only having the options to hand select each client to send the batch emails to or to send them to our entire client list is an inefficient use of our time and thus we find no use for this tool that has so much potential to be so valuable to our business.

FO

Flossie O.

Level up

It’s saved me so much time organizing client data, bookkeeping, payment processing and contracts. Their helpful reminders to keep things from falling through the cracks and maintaining my brand appearance when working with clients.

Pros

When singing up with Honeybook they took my exhausting contracts, forms, questionnaires and placed them into their system. This saved me so much time switching from DIY client management to this online resource.

Cons

When responding to an email through the software, it makes a new email. Some clients have more questions and I’d like a way to organize with in a project the emails.

Matthew K.

Best I've Used So Far

Overall it has been a Godsend. I am feeling much better about how I manage my business with Honeybook.

Pros

I love using Honeybook! I've tried a couple other CRM softwares, and this one is by far the easiest to deploy and keep me on track. It is logical and feels easy to use, which has kept me using it rather than reverting to inefficient paper tracking. The customer service has been great: always quick and friendly to answer questions and help me through something I didn't understand. I would highly recommend Honeybook to anyone.

Cons

The calendar sync is sometimes glitchy, but that could also be user error. One thing that would make it better would be an easy way to override when I am considered "busy" on my Google Calendar that syncs in. I'd also love to have SMS communication with my clients, but rumor has it they are working on this.

JM

Janelle M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Organize My Squirrel Brain

Pros

Everyone kept telling me, "Honeybook is great, but there's a learning curve." So I was a little intimidated. They were wrong, I could jump in face first and start using it exclusively immediately. Even in the middle of a terrible time for my little business, I will pull all the strings I can find to be able to afford Honeybook. It's easy for me, easy for my clients and keeps me focused. It saves me time and energy and thats the most important thing!

Cons

The only thing I'm having issues with right now is making a brochure. It probably user error, but I wish it there more extensive editing capabilities within the brochure making operation. I will play around with it some more though.

CP

Charlie P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Solid Payment Invoicing & Proposal Tool

8/10. Once the client has paid the first time, their automated recurring payment solution is working really well for me.

Pros

I moved away from Quickbooks online because they didn't have an easy way to send customers automatic recurring invoices. Honeybook had pre-built service agreements along with the automated recurring payments feature I needed for my business. It was appealing to work with them because set up was very easy to get what we needed up and running

Cons

After a client pays their invoice, it usually takes 12-24 hours for Honeybook to send me a confirmation email saying they've paid. This is (I don't use this word often) absurd. With Quickbooks, I know payment confirmation comes in within 10 minutes. Especially if I am going to start work with a client right as they pay, this hurdle in their platform stops me from getting to work right away. It usually leads to me emailing my customer "Did you pay the invoice?" then them replying "I did!" then me looking into Honeybook wondering why the heck it hasn't come in and making me look foolish to my client... Then I finally get the notification the next day. It's the #1 feature request they need to get updated.

Jordyn C.

Cosmetics, self-employed

How to keep organized while running a business

From the time my prospective clients contact me, throughout the booking process, automatic reminders of upcoming payments, clients being able to pay through honeybook, and even following up after my scheduled time with clients, Honeybook is my biggest tool.

Pros

Honeybook is essential to running my business and now that I've been a user for more than 2 years, I can't imagine not using it. As a photographer, it is important for me to keep all of my scheduling, contracting, payments, and details as organized as possible so that I don't miss a meeting, or special detail for a wedding or photo session. Every part of my business is streamlined now that I use Honeybook....

Cons

There are times when I donate photo sessions to non-profits and want to be able to send an invoice showing how much the session would have cost, then adding a discount to show a $0 invoice but there is not a way to send that without charging the invoice and refunding. I wish that I could do more on the mobile app, but new features are being added frequently.

Michelle Simmons -.

Photography, self-employed

The BEST investment for my business

Love love LOVE HoneyBook! I've been using it for several years now, and can't imagine using anything else instead. And their customer service is QUICK and helpful for the few times I haven't been able to figure out how to do something.

Pros

It keeps my business organized and on track! From digital contracts and invoicing, custom brochures and questionnaires, to email tracking and a simple way to see what step I'm at with each project, HoneyBook keeps me on track.

Cons

The worst part about it is getting started, but even THAT is pretty simple with their "concierge service" where you can send them your current forms and they'll digitize them for you!

JA

Jennifer A.

Events Services, self-employed

Love Honeybook!!

Customer service is prompt, attentive, and friendly. The program helps me manage all of my couples' needs efficiently and with ease from the first contact to follow up after their wedding ceremony.

Pros

Honeybook provides many tutorials to help you get the most out of the program. Setting it up is fairly simple and worth the effort for the ease of use in managing your clients and how much time you save when using the features such as email and contract templates and task management. I love having everything about my couples in one place - the contract, tasks, payments, all messages and any notes. Plus, I can see the details at a glance and love the ability to integrate my own pictures so my clients and I can all see the beautiful eye catching graphics of my choosing.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. I thought I liked my old program a few years ago, but when it went defunct and I had to change, I was so grateful I was forced into an upgrade. I did not know what I was missing. This program simplified the management of my business beyond what I thought was possible.

ML

Matthew L.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Streamline your Booking Experience

The software has made our small business more efficient and allows us to focus on the clients, as we run a client based business, it is important that we can take the time we used to spend invoicing, requesting contracts, and following up on payments to interact with our clients more.

Pros

Honeybook streamlines your process into an easy to use system, once the initial set up, from questionnaires to Invoices and Contracts you have all the tools you need to manage your projects. The desktop and mobile app add flexibility to what you can do with your business at home, in the office, or on the go.

Cons

The setup process is a bit tricky and unless you have familiarized yourself with template creation, pay someone to build your templates, or find a premade on to edit to work for your needs it is a bit overwhelming if you have no experience at all with creating online templates or websites.

SG

Sarah G.

Photography, self-employed

Definitely a game changer!

Pros

I love how organized I feel using this product - I can see at a glance where I am in the process with all of my clients and it is amazing to pull up all the correspondence with each client in one place. It has made a world of difference and I am beyond happy with it!

Cons

The thing I like least is the limitation when building templates for contracts, proposals, questionnaires, etc. - I am in the business of photography and delivering beautiful images is what sets my soul on fire! I wish I could add some of my images into some of my documents and have full control over the size and their location in the document. The way it is set up right now is a square crop on any image which can only be left, center, and right page. Dubsado has the leg up on Honeybook in that regard but otherwise I am totally happy with Honeybook.

Melanie Latrelle G.

Design, self-employed

I'm glad I found Honeybook!

My experience has been great. It keeps my organized and I have recommended to other people for their business.

Pros

I like that the interface is easy to use and navigate and is visually appealing. I can track my leads and communicate with them and send emails and send updates and invoices, contracts, and receive payments all in one place. It keeps my business organized. I like the mobile app for business on the go. The customer support is helpful and responsive. Love the scheduling app! It has replaced my previous scheduler.

Cons

I want more email customization - better html features - add photo to my signature, add gifs, rename buttons and add them wherever I want in the email. I'd like it to manage my items better - have a place where I can update item pricing and descriptions and archive old items. I'd like better customization around the contact forms. Be able to match the text and font and fields closely to my website so that it integrates better onto my design. Be able to change colors of text and lines, and fonts and customize the lead contact form better.

TC

Tamara C.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Ever Growing to Meet the Needs of My Business

If they keep improving the product the way they have been I will be a happy HoneyBook HoneyBee for life.

Pros

I love the Project Management area. I can see everything i am working on and the stage it is at. I also love the automation of some of the project stages. I love that everything pertaining to that project is all included in the project. Once i open each project i can see all the files, correspondences between my client and I. I can simply pick up where i left off.

Cons

I was expecting more from the workflow and would love the option to create a link so clients can open the link to get to the invoice to make the payment. As much as I’d love everyone to use the client portal, not everyone can handle it and this would be a great feature for older, less tech-savvy clients.

JC

Javier C.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Makes your Creative business Look 👀 and run like a champ!

I was able to put different packages together with pricing that reflects the complexity of the events, such as weddings or corporate events that require more interaction with the client's for planing and venue walk-thru’s which will require more of my time to finalize the bookkeeping side of things simpler. Less complicated events are priced lower allowing me to book more events based on The amount of time I spend with the client versus actually the work that needs to be done giving me more time being creative and last time running the business.

Pros

I have been with HoneyBook since it’s inception, I was fortunate enough to be one of the founding fathers. In the beginning, what attracted me about the platform was the ability to focus on getting my clients booked quickly by keeping everything in one spot through the iOS app or web-based interface and it has been relatively easy for them to use as well. They were already an amazing company with an outstanding product, and with each update they release, they continue to exceed my expectations and help me run my business on the go by making the complicated tasks seem quick and easy. BEST INVESTMENT EVER!! Thank you so much for bringing me and my entertainment company to the 21st century!!!

Cons

Definitely Would like to see a review questionnaire or rating system with an HTML generator plugin that could be used to post on my website or google ad. Updated training videos for the new features.

AB

Angela B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great for basic client tracking and proposals. Slowest for payment deposits.

I use the super basic functions of the platform. I am aware of the other great tools it offers - my business just can't afford the pro costs. I am on my fourth year using HB and still trying to figure out how to use some of the features.

Pros

I purchased Honeybook primarily to keep my client details in a single location while gaining the ability to send proposals and invoices for the clean, professional touch. This area is very easy to use without having to hire a pro.

Cons

To use all the features of CRM, you need to hire a pro who can set you back at least $2k. Also, the payment deposits are the slowest on the market - days! If you use Square, you get the deposit the next day - same for all other CRMs. If you receive a payment on a Wednesday, for example, you won't get that deposit until at least Monday.

KC

Kristin C.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

HoneyBook Changed our Business!

HoneyBook has mastered the CRM for the event industry (and useful for many other industries)! We searched far and wide for a platform that would manage our client communication and task management and HoneyBook has that on lock down. We have been impressed with their constant improvement and development and their customer service team is A+!

Pros

Task automation Easy to use invoice management with built in payment link Modern and easy to read brochures and proposals Contract integration with E signature capabilities Easy to use platform Manages all client communication with Gmail integration Unbeatable customer service AFFORDABLE

Cons

Difficult for clients to find current versions of proposals when looking for it from emails Some shortcomings when working with teams (sharing proposals / contracts / invoices)

It is fantastic to hear that HB is working so well for your business, Kristin! Our Concierge Team is world class and I will be sure to share your feedback with them. Thank you for being a HB member!

Amber M.

Hospitality, self-employed

HoneyBook is the best.

I love this program. I'm not sure if there is anything really like it on the market and I don't care to look. This program has everything I need to keep up with the day to day in my business.

Pros

I love this program. This is great for photographers and event planners. Likely could be good for another business as well, but as an event planner this program allows me to get inquiries, navigate them through the pipeline stage of booking, invoice clients and send contracts, process payments and build task management and automations all in one place. This program does so much, and connects to QuickBooks which is a huge bonus for me.

Cons

There isn't really much about the program that I dislike. I don't like that the automations now have two types of files (legacy and templates). They are basically the same and it really makes no sense to me why they exist separately, but it doesn't impede on using the software. Also, the reporting is good but it doesn't really make sense as it's not as functional as I'd like. You can't look at a report in the program, you have to download every time, but, I make due with what's available.

Ezekiel R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

LocallyHost.Com use of HoneyBook

It enables us to create, send and manage contracts, invoicing and billing like no platform we have ever used

Pros

Easily sending out contracts and enabling the clients to sign them electronically

Cons

The cost of transitions when collecting online payments from clients