HoneyBook Logo

HoneyBook Reviews - Page 4

TO

Toni O.

Events Services, self-employed

This tool will change your business!

Honeybook saves me time and allows me to manage a much higher amount of projects on my own without additional staff! I love having everything in one place and having my customized Honeybook contact form imbedded on my website so new inquiries automatically create a new project in the program without me doing anything!

Pros

Too many things to list! You can create, customize, and assign workflows to every project. It links to your calendar so everything is there at a glance, even brand new inquiries! You can create so many templates to save yourself time and energy by not rewriting the same thing with every project. Your contracts and invoicing are all in one place for the client to easily access. It also links with your Quickbooks account!

Cons

Some features could use a bit of refining. My main concern is that the signature lines on contracts aren't customizable, and for someone operating an LLC, we need to be able to add a title next to our name so that we are signing on behalf of the company, rather than personally as ourselves. I would also love to see better integration with Quickbooks. I regularly have to go in to QB and manually edit the tax rate for each project so that it will categorize properly. I also have had regular issues with tax being calculated/rounded differently for HB vs QB so that they show $0.01 balance still due in QB after a project is paid in full via HB.

KS

Kendra S.

Photography, self-employed

Honeybook is part of my business 'team'

Honeybook was a game-changer for my business. It took me from being a side-hustle who felt a little disorganized to a full-fledged business owner who has her plan together!

Pros

I love how easy it makes it to keep my business organized. I like having everything for each client/project in one place. No more searching through email chains or paper contracts.

Cons

It takes some time to get set up and I wish there was some more flexibility in the pipeline customization.

DL

David L.

Motion Pictures and Film, self-employed

I wish I had this two years ago!

Before using HoneyBook, I had so much trouble trying to keep track of multiple projects that were at different points in our process. That, mixed with the issue of trying to go back and forth scheduling with clients, plus the back and forth of getting contracts signed and chasing payments was a nightmare. Now, I finally have a system that keeps that all in one place, and allows me to give a streamlined, seamless experience for my clients. Honestly, it's helped me feel more confident about the rates we charge for the services we offer, and that's worth its weight in gold for me.

Pros

Being able to send a single document to a client that lets them view an invoice, sign a contract, and pay electronically all in one place is insanely helpful at keeping up the forward momentum with projects, and keeping things as simple as possible for my clients.

Cons

I run a video business, but we don't shoot weddings or events in the same way that regular videographers do, so being able to remove some of the "wedding-oriented" settings would be nice, but it's not a deal breaker (i.e. "budget, guests").

AI

Amy I.

Photography, self-employed

I would be a mess without Honeybook

I would not be able to be in business full time without Honeybook and run the business on my own. It's like having an administrative assistant on call 24/7 for under $500 a year. Incredible.

Pros

The ability to customize workflows to my process and keep track of projects is crucial to my customer service experience as well as booking.

Cons

If you don't set it up exactly right, it's easy to make mistakes.

JR

Justine R.

Amazing program!

Pros

I love how it organized my business for me and has streamlined so many of my tasks. Having my inquiries go right into honeybook from my contact form, forming a client profile and I can send invoices and contracts right away and keep notes on each project is amazing. Being able to access it through an app on my phone is also amazing!

Cons

It did take a bit to figure out how to use it and get it set up! But totally worth it!

AK

Angela K.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Would be lost without it!

My overall experience with HoneyBook has been great! We are in the events business, and HoneyBook has saved me hugely on making sure that I don't double book any events with their pop up warnings. That in itself is worth it's weight in gold! Above and beyond that, managing our clients has been so much easier with this software! Truly we would be lost without it!

Pros

HoneyBook has so many great features! I love how everything is so easy to integrate within our business. When you first start out the have helpful videos to get you started and build your work flows. Virtually every part of your client management can be done through HoneyBook, from contracts, billing and invoicing, scheduling, email management and so much more! I couldn't recommend HoneyBook enough. It has made managing our clients through our growing business so easy!

Cons

Truthfully, I can't really think of anything that I would add or change about HoneyBook. They have been really thoughtful in their development process.

PM

Penny M.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Honeybook gave my LIFE back!

Honeybook has revolutionized my business and given my life back! I run a successful, cleanly administrated business and offer my clients a first rate experience thanks to HB.

Pros

I love that HB gives me ONE PLACE to run my entire business and my side hustle, too!

Cons

I wish it had better financials. More comprehensive reports and the ability to auto populate expenses into their categories.

KH

Kelly H.

Photography, self-employed

HoneyBook is a Life and Game CHANGER!

I have zero regrets investing in HoneyBook. I made my money back on tips on the first year alone. They are constantly developing new features to support their creative community. My customers, for the most part, find it very user-friendly and intuitive. I get bookings faster. I get paid faster. I get paid ON TIME most of the time - just incredible. The project stage tracking is a great reminder for ME, to make sure I don't miss a step (or a beat) with a customer. And outside of the software, there is a whole community based around HoneyBook - I haven't tapped into that much yet but I know it's strong and a very supportive and positive force.

Pros

The BEST feature of HoneyBook is transitioning from paper and emails to a completely online system.

Cons

Maybe if we could go back to old proposals to duplicate them? I know when you start a new proposal, the last few pop up to duplicate... I would like to be able to duplicate any. I have return customers and though it's minimal, it would save time entering their data.

JD

Jeneve D.

Graphic Design, self-employed

My Clients LOVE Honeybook!

Oh my gosh, Honeybook has made my life SO much easier. As a freelancer, it is easy to drop the ball when you are only one person with multiple clients and projects. I love that there is a separate task list for each project that only I can see. The client portal makes me look so hi-tech to my clients and they love it! From the moment I paid for Honeybook, the support team made me feel a part of the family. They are super helpful, and the live orientations and video tutorials are beyond helpful. Most of all, I love how the tools in Honeybook inspire me to sell well, and more often--like the contact form, the brochure feature, and the email templates. Overall, a great platform.

Pros

The invoicing and contract system. I love that my clients can sign contracts digitally just by opening a link in their email. The interface is perfect, too. Friendly, but not too 'bubbly', so you still feel like a professional ;)

Cons

Honeybook has a ways to go with the calendar feature, like inviting clients to events and scheduling meetings. But of all the things Honeybook has to offer, this doesn't ruin the experience for me.

CI

Corinne I.

Photography, self-employed

Do yourself a favor and start using Honeybook today!

Honeybook really allows me to be stress-free with keeping my head wrapped around all of my weddings for the year by keeping things organized, stream-lined, and clutter-free! I love that I'm able to make notes that only I can see and reference at any time. What helps me the most is the pipeline structure and customizable email templates! I can't tell you how many hours Honeybook has saved me overall. Well worth the investment as a small business!

Pros

There are so many things that I love about Honeybook, but what I find to help me the most is the pipeline structure and customizable email templates! Keeping things stream-lined and easy to flow through is key when running a small business by yourself!

Cons

I don't have much to dislike about Honeybook! The only thing that I think could use improvement is the mobile app functionality, but it is mobile and therefore limited. I also wish that I would've been exposed to team workflows early on, but it's not hard to figure out once you have a general understanding of the software!

AP

Austin P.

HoneyBook is a MUST have for Small Biz Owners

Pros

Honeybook is very user friendly and was easy to set up along with the help of the concierge! My favorite part is the pipeline. I’m able to see all of my active projects and where they are in my workflow. As a photographer it is very important for me to build good relationships and communicate well with my clients so knowing who needs a consultation or who needs their gallery edited and delivered is crucial!

Cons

The only con is that I didn’t find honeybook sooner! I don’t know how I did business without it. I look back at those times and laugh at how much work I was doing that didn’t even amount to half of what honeybook does for me!

MB

Meg B.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Absolutely Recommend!

I do all my admin through Honeybook and it has reduced the time I spend astronomically. I've recommended and trained several people in setting up their Honeybook systems and absolutely love it.

Pros

I love how quick and easy Honeybook is to use and update. I'm constantly fine-tuning my processes and it is so satisfying to have everything saved and organized in a very intuitive way.

Cons

I don't like how many separate emails I need to make to send out my appointment scheduling.

PD

Presley D.

Photography, self-employed

Putting your mind to ease

HoneyBook is an all in one platform that I would recommend to anyone who is anxious or nervous to do manage their business. They provide all the necessary tools for anybody to get started quickly. If you have some for your literature already created, you may present those to the HoneyBook's team and they will create the generic templates for you to get started very quickly. From there you can customize it or scrap it completely and start a different template of your liking.

Pros

I enjoy customizing the templates they have for each customer's individual needs. I love giving my customers a quick payment platform so they do not have to jump through different websites or accounts for access.

Cons

I have not experienced any glitches on the platform that was not solved very quickly. One glitch I had recently was that the project page was not loading, but they had a notification on the side stating that their team is already working on this issue before I noticed it.

AF

Amy F.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Honeybook keeps my business running!

I love it, honestly. I was very easy to learn to use after struggling with a CRM that was so technical and overwhelming. I was able to quickly set up contact forms and a system for onboarding my clients.

Pros

I love the automation of Honeybook. I can set the workflows to operate when I am not at my desk. My clients can easily book a time with me and and invoicing is easy! I love having all my systems on one Platform.

Cons

I am not a big fan of the delay in the payment to my bank. Also, I can't figure out how to get an attachment to go in a workflow email?

TM

Tiffani M.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

My Honeybook

With Honeybook my clients information is easy to collect and organize.

Pros

I love how easy this system was to get up and running. Over the last year I have been able to implement more that Honeybook has to offer making the program that much more useful. I especially love the ability to schedule emails to go out when I need them to. I also love the app. I can get my clients information from anywhere.

Cons

There is nothing about Honeybook that I would change.

AM

Austin M.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Honeybook review

I was trying to think of a better word but I'll just come out and say it. We run a weird business.. It's hard to find things we can use sometimes. The big thing Honeybook has going for it is that it will probably fit any business model. It's not just for experts from global enterprises. Any regular Joe from down the street could use it with a few minutes of reading.

Pros

The big item on my pro list is user experience. Straight from the beginning it was fun and Honeybooks team will help anytime. The guy I talked to solved my problem in like five minutes when I was ready to sit and wait for at least half an hour. Some of the things Honeybook has are project tracking, workflows, invoices and payments, schedule manager, CRM.

Cons

It stinks that Honeybook costs more than the other small business CRMs. It's got the extra stuff, yeah. But I wish they could bring it down a little. The other thing is that I wish they would let more outside apps integrate.

JR

Jenna R.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Great CRM for my business

Pros

Gives me all the functionality of client relations in one spot.

Cons

Doesn't notify me when clients select services from my brochure to get more information about.

HW

Haley W.

Design, self-employed

Great for small business owners (of 1)

Overall, this software has been the best investment for my small design company of one! HB customer service is stellar, and I can only imagine that it will continue improving.

Pros

I like how integrated HoneyBook is. There's a scheduler that integrates with Google Cal, a Chrome extension you can add to Gmail, and it connects with the contact form on my website. The templates are SO helpful and also connect with one another for internal integration within the HB platform. When you send a client a pricing brochure, they can click what they'd like to invest in, then you can turn it into a proposal and a contract in one. They can review their project services, payment plan (set up auto pay - YAY), and legal agreement.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a bit more customization within the templates for brochure layouts to stay on brand with fonts and better, more custom image blocks.

CC

Cindy C.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Like Having a Personal Assistant 24/7

My overall experience with HoneyBook has been nothing but exceptional. I truly cannot imagine trying to run the business without it!

Pros

Having HoneyBook is like having a personal assistant willing and able to do anything (except grab coffee) 24/7! It keeps all of our clients details ready at our fingertips. It keeps up with important tax info for the end of the year. If we ever have question, no matter the time of day or day of week, a (very nice) rep gets back to you quickly! I, myself, have used the chat feature several times and they are just the friendliest and have always answered my question or solved y problem! HB's ability to keep all of our clients, details, templates and financial transactions in order is a game changer for us!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of one con to using HoneyBook.

KN

Kelli N.

Entertainment, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Great for managing my event planning business!

Sending proposals is both a seamless and simple process.

Pros

Most of the features are easy to use and the price is perfect!

Cons

The fact that some editing options are counterintuitive

AC

Anne C.

Design, self-employed

Honeybook is so helpful

Pros

Clients receive an immediate response from my website and it is fully branded. They automatically receive a welcome letter when they fill out the contact form on my website, and then a brochure of my services. My service package brochure has pricing so only serious inquiries proceed to schedule a phone call, and then book a package with me.

Cons

During the initial trial with honeybook, I did not use it at all. I found it confusing and really did not know where to start or how to start it. I decided if I was going to really see what it I was all about I needed help. I hired a HB Pro [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and that made the world of difference. Of course, when I hired a pro before I ever used HB, I asked myself what I was doing spending money on a program I can’t even use !!!LOL. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is very important to me and her automations and beautiful graphics opened up a world of HB.

Alicia P.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

HoneyBook - One Stop Shop for New entreprenuers

Overall, I am willing to grow with the project since it has been so amazing so far!

Pros

I just love that everything that is needed for a online service business is there, The contact form right until the feedback request can be automated and processed.

Cons

I am not too crazy about not being able to have one client on multiple workflows and the calendar feature is not as robust.

Jackie S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Great All in One platform

Pros

I really enjoyed the ease of use for the platform. I also was surprised with the outstanding customer service and the fast response I received. This basically handles everything that I need with my small business in one platform - which is amazing!

Cons

I wish I could have had the same email signature in the platform as I did on my email platform.

JD

Jessica D.

Photography, self-employed

HoneyBook took my business to the next level

Pros

I love how I have everything directed right into honey book. Its a space where my entire business is ran from and the look and feel of honey book is so inviting and easy to use. Set up was a breeze (and fun) and my clients RAVE about how easy it is to communicate and easily access all their information with me. Bonus - clients love that they can pay through HoneyBook too! Makes everything look expensive and legit!

Cons

Honestly, I don't really have anything I don't like. Maybe more space within the pipeline to be more tailored to my business (able to add more) And I'd like the option of uploading PDF's to templates like brochure. I like honey books brochure making ability.. but I also want more features and more control. Like building a webpage on squarespace. SO FUN

Events Services, self-employed

Clients, Community, Platform

Love it, hands down one of the best decisions I made for my company was to use HoneyBook as our CRM. The team at HoneyBook HQ is fantastic and super responsive to improvement suggestions from their user community. They have built a fantastic supportive user community that I love being a small part of.

Pros

This platform is so easy to use and gives my clients one of the best and easiest experiences they could have. It’s a polished platform that’s lets me easily help my clients and give them the best experience possible for their wedding or event.

Cons

I would like a more robust Archive management, and a comprehensive workflow automation system, but I know they are working on it.