HoneyBook Reviews - Page 5

Events Services, self-employed

Clients, Community, Platform

Love it, hands down one of the best decisions I made for my company was to use HoneyBook as our CRM. The team at HoneyBook HQ is fantastic and super responsive to improvement suggestions from their user community. They have built a fantastic supportive user community that I love being a small part of.

Pros

This platform is so easy to use and gives my clients one of the best and easiest experiences they could have. It’s a polished platform that’s lets me easily help my clients and give them the best experience possible for their wedding or event.

Cons

I would like a more robust Archive management, and a comprehensive workflow automation system, but I know they are working on it.

ES

Ellie S.

I love HoneyBook!

Excellent customer service anytime I have had questions and super easy to use once I finished the initial set up for my work flow!

Pros

HoneyBook has been a huge staple in allowing me to organize my business processes and keep track of all my projects and invoices. I really don't know what I would do without HoneyBook.

Cons

The mobile app as with any mobile app version of software is a little bit more limited but that is the only thing that bothers me. Most things I can still accomplish with ease.

SG

Sarah G.

Design, 1-10 employees

One Stop Design Studio CRM

Overall, a positive change to what we had been using (which was everything across the board!). If you're thinking about switching to Honeybook for you design business, it is ultimately going to save you time and money because time IS money is this business.

Pros

Everything we had used to communicate with clients before Honeybook was built across multiple platforms. Proposals in InDesign. Contacts through email or phone. Contracts and Invoices in and.co. It was a lot to stay on top of. Honeybook has allowed us to streamline those processes. It's so easy now to even keep track of the status of each project, when proposals have been viewed, contracts signed, etc. All at a glance. After taking some time to set up templates, it has made our whole process less daunting when onboarding and offboarding.

Cons

It takes a little effort to get to know the template process and what templates your business needs. We found that for a while we were nonstop creating templates because we offer such a variety of services. But now we have built up our system of templates that can easily be customized for a client.

SE

Sarah E.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

HoneyBook - the software I never knew I needed

Pros

HoneyBook is very visually appealing and easy to use for both myself and my clients. The ability to create and save templates that I can edit and reuse for each client saves me SO much time, and it's truly so easy. It's very affordable and has already saved me a lot of time and headaches.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints about HoneyBook.

Hey Sarah, Thanks so much for the glowing review! we're so happy to see that you're having such a positive experience with HoneyBook so far. :) Would you be willing to grant us permission to use this quote for marketing purposes (and attribute it to you of course)? If so - please send an email to ugc-marketing@honeybook.com and we'll follow up with next steps!

Lindsey W.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

A tool to check off multiple boxes

Overall I love Honeybook. I signed up when there was a super good deal but when it came time to renew, it was an easy choice to keep going with it. I use it to ease my new client onboarding and that alone is well worth it. All the other features are just a bonus.

Pros

I like that it gives me the ability to have multiple tools within one software. I don't need an extra scheduling tool, I don't need a CRM, I don't need an invoicing tool, I don't need a form builder for my website. Honeybook handles all of those things for me which makes it really simple to keep it all in one place.

Cons

Some things aren't really intuitive so I have to use the help resources or ask customer support for help in figuring things out. The great thing is that the support team is really easy to chat with and makes things really simple.

EC

Erica C.

Design, self-employed

HoneyBook helps me build trust

Pleasant, professional, and easy—exactly what I hope for my clients when they work with me.

Pros

I absolutely love all of the tools I've tried so far, and can't wait to more fully utilize what HoneyBook offers. I launched my site after embedding forms and links to scheduling and it WORKS. I have onboarded two new clients already, and have others that are excited to work with me in the future because of the steps I've taken with HoneyBook.

Cons

As a professional designer, I'm used to being able to create whatever I need in my design software, but was thrilled to be able to remove that tedious aspect from my workflow after setting up brochures in HoneyBook. I would love some increased functionality and flexibility in those brochure templates, but that's certainly not going to keep me from using this amazing tool.

JH

Janessa H.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Get HoneyBook! You will NOT regret it!!!!

My overall experience was very good. I would highly recommend this software to anyone and everyone, big or small businesses!

Pros

I love how I am able to keep track of all my clients and every single thing I have sent to them!

Cons

I honestly haven’t come across any issues yet! I love everything about HoneyBook!

VC

Victoria C.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Most efficient book

Pros

One feature I appreciate is the safe online payment site, which gives my clients peace of mind and enables them to conveniently make purchases without worrying about security. An enormous amount of time was spared for me by the inclusion of thorough templates. It gives my clients all the information they require to move forward and even enables them to e-sign documents with ease.There is nothing about Honey Book that I truly despise. Every privately held company owner should use this platform, in my opinion. It is a transforming tool that takes the administration of your company to new heights, making it a crucial ally on your entrepreneurial journey.

Cons

There is virtually nothing about HoneyBook that I could ever say I don't like. HoneyBook has actually captured my heart. If I had one wish, it would be for a wider variety of design possibilities that are especially suited for producing compelling proposals and brochures. My love and admiration for HoneyBook, however, remain unwavering despite this nagging longing. Its extensive capabilities and user-friendly UI unquestionably improved my business operations to remarkable levels.

CM

Christopher M.

Internet, self-employed

HoneyBook Rocks

Pros

It's clear that the developers of HoneyBook have really focused on making a product that is perfect for every element of running a business. It's very customizable, yet, the initial setup is very helpful. Everything from the forms that are easy to integrate into your website for lead collection to workflow to billing has been well thought-out and runs very smoothly.

Cons

The setup is a slight bit confusing at first. It takes a little time to understand what the File system is and how to implement. Just took a little exploration to understand.

EF

Elle F.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Amazing product! Changed my life.

Really positive. It has done so much to make my life easier and to improve customer relations. It keeps us organized and our clients informed. It is so easy and all in one place. I cant say enough great things about HoneyBook. I will yell it from the rooftops if you would like. It has answered all my issues and then some. I love how efficient it is. LOVE LOVE!!! It has made such a difference in my Business. SO MANY reasons to love HONEYBOOK!!

Pros

Its so efficient, easy to use and so professional looking. I love the Library, the Contracts, Proposals, client interface page with everything kept in one neat organized place fro the client, my team and the Wedding planner. Its brilliant. Brilliant. It is the answer to all my difficulties before finding HoneyBook. I thing every Wedding processional needs to be using this product.

Cons

Love it all. Seriously! I haven't had one problem that wasn't addressed or fixed by a customer service representative.

HC

Hollowow C.

A MUST for the creative!

It's the best! It's really changed the way I do business and communicate with those interested in our services.

Pros

The ease of use! It makes communication a real thing as I know most creatives SUCK when it comes to this area.

Cons

It took me a while to navigate through all the different options. I think a run-through video would be amazing!

EJ

Elle J.

Entertainment, self-employed

HoneyBook saved my business

Pros

The easy bookings, the request form templates and the automation see my favorite aspects of HoneyBook. I really needed major organization and the ability to connect with clients quick and steady.

Cons

I would love if they could include email campaigns.

Stefanie H.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

You can e-sign, book, and do payments!

Overall Honeybook is amazing and the experience has made managing my business easy for both myself and client.

Pros

I love that I can easily and smoothly send contracts and have them electronically signed and stored in my clients file. I have looked for software that allows me to this one thing to make signing easy on my clients. Either it had a limit, too expensive, or not easily shareable. This is the main reason I took on Honeybook.

Cons

The only thing I’m not too big on is app limitation. I need a few more feature like editing calendar and schedule availability when I’m not on my iPad or computer and just have my phone.

PP

Paola P.

Selling creative services is all about visuals!

The ease of having everything in one place and the clean look of its client view.

Pros

This is a stunningly beautiful tool for creatives. What I like the most is that it helps make it easy for the client to understand the value of my services, as it helps a lot with the perception they have of me. People tend to think our line of work is something they can do themselves or have done for less or free... Up until they realize everything that's behind the services we offer, and that they...

Cons

The only thing missing would be user levels so that I can give specific access to other members of my team. I use the team collaboration for many things now, but it would be more helpful to have restricted access instead. I kicked one star only because this is no longer such a necessary feature for me, but I still find it useful for users at large.

SC

Shannon C.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Our Best Investment

HoneyBook is the single most profitable tool we have implemented in our business. The automated processes have save us so much time and made us much more profitable. Also, customer support is always so helpful!

Pros

We loved how this software streamlined our business by creating automated processes to give us more time to work on our actual work. It made us 10x more profitable!

Cons

In the beginning, it did not have many options to make the software look on brand from a client’s perspective or much flexibility and changing the design of brochures and templates. As a creative business it is important for our pieces to look custom designed, even down to our contract. This has improved significantly over the years!

AD

Angela D.

Executive Office, self-employed

Love this platform!

I love that I can schedule appointments, book contracts, collect payments, and interact with my clients in one palce!

Pros

The fact that I am able to send contracts and receive payments WITHOUT having to create an account of a secondary payment processing platform was what sealed the deal for me.

Cons

I would like it if the appointment scheduler allowed us to ask prospects questions and charge a fee like Calendly, and that the time tracker was more profound like Clockify.

Richard G.

Photography, self-employed

An absolute must for a photography business

It is unbelievably easy to make professional client management workflows, and handle the client interaction from first contact, through planning, shooting, delivery, and billing. Everything is seamless, much can be automated to keep things on track, and everything is in one spot. It just makes my whole process so much easier to manage.

Pros

I am blown away by the value I get from HoneyBook every month. It makes doing many of the tasks I absolutely hate (billing, contracts, managing email, scheduling - the business-y stuff of business) absolutely dead simple and painless. I am a huge fan of this software, and regularly recommend it to others who do creative work.

Cons

I have very few quibbles with the software. Perhaps a bit more obvious control over the aesthetics of the brochures and documents would be nice, and I would love some additional automation, but overall the system works great and makes it so easy to manage everything that I have a hard time finding anything to complain about. I suppose that I would love an i-frame-based embed for the contact form. My portfolio site doesn't work with the embed type that honeybook provides.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Have not looked back

I have had HoneyBook as part of my business for years, and it was one of the best decisions I have made. It helps me directly respond to website inquiries, keep my projects organized, electronically invoice, send proposals and contracts oh yeah, and collaborate if I chose to, with other vendors on a project. That I can safely collect payments and schedule future payments from clients is a huge benefit. The client recieves automatic reminders without me lifting a finger!

Pros

As a photographer,I greatly appreciate its beauty. I am able to customize a proposal, invoice or contract with MY images alongside text, and they go from a boring document to an eye catching professional electronic tool that enables me to seemlessly conduct business.

Cons

Sometimes it is too progressive for me! I am after all a photog and not a tech geek. That’s when I reach out for help, and the support team is there to walk me through.

RD

Raquel D.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Gestión empresarial optimizada con algunos contratiempos

A pesar de algunos inconvenientes, he tenido una experiencia positiva con HoneyBook.

Pros

Me encanta cómo HoneyBook ha hecho que administrar mi negocio sea muy sencillo. Puedo crear y enviar facturas sin esfuerzo, realizar un seguimiento de los pagos y administrar las relaciones con mis clientes, todo en un solo lugar.

Cons

Considero que los precios de HoneyBook son un poco elevados, especialmente para las pequeñas empresas.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

BM

Bobbi M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Don't Waste a TON of TIme if You Like Your Clients

Please see above - horrible and time wasting experience. Move on and try something that WORKS and looks good as well.

Pros

Affordable and Backend looks nice - so that's something!

Cons

Client experience if poor. Integrations are awful. Layout, design and look are atrocious and check out for clients is multi step.....Who does that anymore? We spent a week trying to get it setup and working well and efficiently....no way it was going to. And if we have to handhold it and manually do a TON of things.....why bother? MANY other options available and we've moved to one.

Hey there! We appreciate your feedback and apologize that your experience wasn't what you were hoping for when moving to a new platform. We do our best to create a platform that fits the needs of various different businesses and business owners but we understand that we aren't going to be perfect for everyone out there. But we love to get specific feedback on what you feel HoneyBook is missing or could improve upon so that future features and upgrades our team does can benefit many. You mentioned integrations but if there are certain, specific integrations that you feel would be helpful, we'd love to know what those are. And where exactly in the onboarding process was it the most difficult. Let us know so we can continue to improve on our end. Appreciate your feedback!

Dheeraj U.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

The most effective and efficient method tool

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how everything is in one spot. It's also really useful for leads; if I receive a new lead, it reminds me to follow up with them so that I'm more likely to land the customer, so it's a very positive experience. The simplicity with which contracts could be sent and the opportunity for my customer to sign immediately. Honeybook contains practically all of the features I need to run my business simply and efficiently. It also gives my clients the impression that they have a thorough understanding of everything that is going on in their projects.

Cons

I dislike that there is no option to arrange your date before booking. I only wish clients could choose the amount they want to pay at any given moment. Some of my clients find the email threads quite bothersome. In comparison to other firms, the processing and quick deposit costs appear to be expensive.

nr

nichole r.

Farming, 1-10 employees

Honeybooks

One of the best software for a small business that uses invoicing.

Pros

We love Honeybooks for our business. It is so user-friendly, and it makes communicating with customers much easier. They can continue to see their updated invoice and payments and ask questions as we go. We can also upload pictures which is nice when we are working with out of state clients.

Cons

We have no run into any concerns at this time.

BB

Brandy B.

Public Safety, self-employed

Great for wedding industry, not so much for consultants

Pretty good but I think Honeybook is geared towards those in the wedding industry, not for consultants. If I find something better, I may move to another CRM.

Pros

I like the automatic email/brochure/invoice workflows you are able to set up. I like that it tracks the emails and you are able to see your last discussion. I like how easy it is to set up a contact form in my Squarespace website, and contacts who inquire flow into my honey book account.

Cons

The tasks need to be improved. The tasks only allow you to add it, but it doesn't allow the tasks to be sent to your email if it due tomorrow or today. You have to see the tasks in Honeybook to remember to do it. Also, I have the same tasks to do weekly, and you can't set up reoccurring tasks, which is a waste of time to type them in every week. The invoices need to be improved. Lots of my consulting clients are not allowed to use portals to go find the invoice. SO I have to print PDF the invoice and send it via email to my client. However, the print to PDF option does not make the PDF look very professional. It needs to be upgraded.

CW

Crystal W.

Management Consulting, self-employed

HoneyBook is good value for the price

I’m a sticky customer with HineyBook Right amount of fetuses for the price

Pros

Makes customer acquisition very easy from prospecting to contract signed. Automation templates and functionality make this a very smooth orocess

Cons

After booking the client; PM automations are quite lacking - would need a separate solution to assist with that. Would love for it to be incorporated

MW

Monique W.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Manage your business from lead to closing with a single tool - HoneyBook

Manage your client database, track time and bill clients in real time, and seamlessly manage payments. You'll spend less time on paperwork and more time helping clients.

Pros

HoneyBook is a simple to use, all-in-one project management tool. It allows you to connect with clients anywhere with an internet connection. Automates the frustrating task of sending proposals, sending the right client the right proposal at the right time. It sends invoices directly to clients, collects payments, keeps track of expenses. Real-time alerts keep you connected with your clients.

Cons

I'd love to see more detailed task management for independent contractors' collaboration, and for clients. I'd also request that HoneyBook connect with Zapier alternatives such as Pabbly Connect, Integrately, and Integromat.