HoneyBook Reviews - Page 7

NS

Nate S.

Business Game Changer

Pros

Honey book is incredible. It allows me to keep all my conversations and files that are specific to a couple in one place. I save so much time because of the templates And organization. It’s so much better than what I used to do using excel, my mail app, and constantly uploading random PDFs as my contracts and proposals. Now it is all nice and neat in HoneyBook and super accessible at any time. I also love the app that allows me to check things on the go and make quick reply’s. The customer support is also awesome and quickly response with helpful information each time! I could not run my business without a book and I know that they will only continue to get even better over time!

Cons

It was a little intimidating to set up in the very beginning but the support team was so helpful and helped me get a head start. Now that I’ve learned the system, it’s actually hardly intimidating at all! Can’t think of any real cons

RD

Rachel D.

Photography, self-employed

Without Honeybook, I'd go crazy!

I always feel like my suggestions are heard. If they continue this way, I'll never leave.

Pros

I love the honey book team the most and how they are responsive to our suggestions. I see a lot of potential for growth in the software and hope that eventually it can be an all inclusive platform including album hosting and email management.

Cons

There are some odd hiccups - like I can block off days within HB. I have to use (and have yet to set up) a Calendly account. I'd rather just use HB for these things. I don't love how communication functions with clients. Clients have told me to "email them directly" because the HB platform is confusing to them. Maybe if all vendors used it and all of their planning happened on HB then it would not be so foreign to them, but currently it is frustrating for some of my clients.

ML

Mickala L.

Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees

HB Review

Great

Pros

HB provides you with Everything a entrepreneur wiki need to run a successful and easy to use

Cons

No instant download system, does everything for you.

AE

Ashley E.

Hospitality, self-employed

Honeybook Automation

Very happy with Honeybook and how it has helped keep contracts & invoicing automated

Pros

Ability to have clients inquire, sign contracts & invoice all in one place

Cons

Would love to be able to set an out of office directly in the platform Not loving the new workflow changes

DM

Duane M.

Entertainment, self-employed

HB is my secret sauce!

The customer service has been really great and I am a big fan of the look and feel.

Pros

I love love love the proposal feature and how everything is integrated.

Cons

It did take me a little bit to understand the workflow of the platform. No big deal though.

JD

Jessica D.

Organization for the Unorganized

Love this program and I am so thankful for the ability to schedule emails, to keep everything in one place, and how their inquiry forms integrate beautifully to our website!

Pros

I am a naturally forgetful person and I am unorganized in most cases so keeping up with my freelance work in between my 9-5 is really tricky! But HoneyBook helps me keep all my inquiries, pricing packages, contracts, email templates, and payment details in one place and has been a lifesaver for me. We have used it for a little over a year now, and this was so incredibly helpful filing taxes for the first time! Well worth the investment.

Cons

The app is not as intuitive as I think I would like and sometimes the emails are delayed and I will get the email in my inbox before it gets to HoneyBook.

NF

Naticia F.

Events Services, self-employed

Best Money I Ever Spent On My Business!!!!

I love this system! I will never go back to where I was and I wish I had known about it sooner because it would have saved me so much trouble over my first few years in business. Literally THE BEST money I have ever spend in my business!

Pros

The best part about this system is the payment assistance. It reminds my customers when payments are due, takes their payments easily and gets me paid fast! Also, HoneyBook helps me keep track of all of my projects in an organized way which I really appreciate!

Cons

I wish the system was able to better track email correspondence in a long tread that was readable by both the customers and the user.

EJ

Erin J.

Design, 1-10 employees

Excellent Product for Wedding Creatives

Anytime I've had an issue, I reached out to their support and always get an immediate response and quick fix.

Pros

This product is designed for people in the wedding and event industry. It is so easy to use and my clients like it as well. It has made staying organized so much easier for me and there are so many features that are helpful for people in the wedding industry.

Cons

I was basically using email, so having all of my communication in one place made things so much easier. It's my one stop place for keeping track of communication with clients and their designs/perferences throughout the planning process.

RY

Robin Y.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

HoneyBook takes the stress out of Events

Pros

I have been using HoneyBook for my event planning business, and it has truly transformed the way I manage my events. The platform's ease of use for both business and customers is exceptional. It simplifies the process of keeping all event details in one place and ensures everything is organized on the calendar. The amazing capabilities of HoneyBook have made my life so much easier, allowing me to focus on delivering exceptional service to my clients. I highly recommend HoneyBook for any business looking to streamline their event management process.

Cons

Nothing, the application is fantastic!! I am so glad we have this amazing tool for our business!

MK

Madeline K.

Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees

HoneyBook has streamlined so much of our small company's communications and lead generation

We've been using Honeybook since 2022, mainly to organize our lead generation and some aspects of client-level communications. It's largely been a success, leaving us more time to focus on execution of our own projects rather than having to worry about timing and logistics associated with client relations (obviously an important point in public relations!).

Pros

I like how comprehensive HoneyBook is in listing out contact details, project history, and communication points pertinent to specific clients of ours. It's been very easy to organize leads, inquiries, and potential client leads. Lastly, I definitely appreciate the automated capabilities with sending out contracts, invoices and follow-up emails.

Cons

I haven't quite gotten around to learning all aspects of the software yet!

AO

Alexa O.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Not Solopreneur Friendly

My overall experience was neutral. I enjoyed the instant deposit feature but the fees were higher than the industry standard. I did not like the difficulty of other features and made the experience unenjoyable for clients and myself.

Pros

I enjoyed the instant payment feature. The fees were a bit high though.

Cons

The price is expensive for solopreneurs. The features are overwhelming and there is a steep learning curve.

BT

Bree T.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Couldn’t Run my Business without it!

Amazing! It genuinely doesn’t get any better than Honeybook!

Pros

Everything! Every piece of Honeybook helps me interact effectively with my clients, stay organized, and create a seamless, quality experience for each client. Their customer service team cares and goes the extra mile to not only help you in any way they can, but they truly consider ways to improve and make their customers’ lives easier. It helps me save time and stress, and I have no idea how I would run my business without it. It has changed my life and given me my life back, and I cannot recommend Honeybook enough.

Cons

Absolutely nothing. It’s flawless, and every time they come up with something new, it’s something I never knew I needed. There’s nothing to not like!

SG

Stella G.

Financial Services, self-employed

Honeybook made my life easier.

I love everything about Honeybook! Customer service, the product, my clients love it too!

Pros

I love that everything is in one place. It helps me manage my clients with ease and gives me so much freedom since I can automate everything.

Cons

I think in the beginning there was a learning curve that was pretty tough. However, customer service was absolutely amazing and helped a lot. I would recommend adding a way to upload receipts to the business expenses! I’d love to just export that into a spreadsheet for my accountant and they have everything they need there. I do not use Quickbooks as I bookkeep everything myself. So that could help a lot!

Beverley T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Missing the one crucial piece for an all in one business system

The customer service and sales rep I dealt with were really great. They totally understood my situation and I didn't feel pressured into subscribing when they knew how important the Company Name field was for my business. Everything about Honeybook is great and I would subscribe in a heartbeat if they added that field!

Pros

I loved the availability to add visuals to almost everything created in Honeybook. It really helped reflect my brand to clients and potential clients. The dashboard is intuitive and not confusing, everything is where it should be!

Cons

My one gripe about Honeybook, and the reason why I never ended up subscribing is that they are missing an essential field on the client information side. There is NO place to put the client's Business/Company Name. I work with individuals at businesses, but when it comes to invoicing or bringing up their information in Honeybook, I was unable to invoice the client under their Business Name. Instead...

JJ

Jendayi J.

Worth the Money!

Pros

Pipeline management is so easy with Honeybook. I love seeing where every client sits in the funnel at a glance. What's more is that Honeybook makes managing those clients simple with an array of tools to make your life less chaotic. Having templates save me hours upon hours of work. I'm thankful that this product exists as it's instrumental to finding a balance between entrepreneurship and family life.

Cons

I wish Honeybook rolled out more features regularly. I don't really know what I need until the Honeybook product team surprises me with an update. Those updates usually make me very happy.

ER

Eleanor R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Excellent tool to manage postpartum doula clients

Pros

I love that it is so comprehensive!! Everything from automatic inquiry entry and questionnaire from my business website, to invoicing and payment processing!

Cons

Some things I would love to see added at some point: ability to add some custom information to client invoice receipts. Also, a link for clients to schedule meetings or shifts based on the availability that I enter into my calendar

Hi Eleanor, Thanks for your feedback! We wanted to follow up to let you know our new Scheduling feature is live (in case you didn't hear about it already). This will help your clients schedule sessions based on the availability you've set. To learn more check out this article (https://intercom.help/honeybook-5891e2a409ff/en/articles/3712730-video-tutorial-creating-new-session-types).

Lori R.

Used other for 2+ years

Would consider for future contract and invoice delivery

Overall I found HoneyBook easy to use as a professional looking for partners to collaborate with and as business who has dealt with contracts and payments from vendors who utilize Honeybook for these services. I am not in need of the latter services right now, but I would consider HoneyBook if I have the need for them in the future.

Pros

The community is really the best part of HoneyBook if you are looking for likeminded individuals who are seeking collaboration on projects, specifically photography for me. I found contract signatures and payments to be easily accessible when using it with vendors.

Cons

Vendors I've worked with have used Honeybook for contracts and payment to reserve workshop spaces. While it was easy to access and deliver payment, I found that the information in the shared account was not encrypted. So sensitive information like full payment methods were visible to anyone who had access to the account. This made me uneasy in the instance someone would gain access to the shared documents who did not have permission.

Amber R.

Graphic Design, self-employed

LOVE Honeybook!

Not only has the product been amazing (See above) but the service has, too. Since signing up, Honeybook employees have gotten in touch with me asking if they can help upload my documents or customize things for me, and also have emailed just to check in and make sure I'm happy with everything. 10/10.

Pros

I love so many things about Honeybook! It offers great features that make my work so much more organized. This saves me tons of time (and stress!) It's easy for my clients to use and I think it's more professional and a better experience for my clients to have a client portal where they can sign contracts/make payments and easily send me a message. Honeybook also makes my workflows easier. I haven't yet used the brochures, yet, but am looking forward to making use of them soon!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about this software.

CR

Cary R.

Research, self-employed

Back Office Support in Software as a Service

I have been able to drop other CRMs, and Website customer portals, and scheduling apps by replacing these with HoneyBook.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of setup, simple design, fantastic features!

Cons

Being a new product there are some areas that would be nice to see (i.e. reimbursable expense capture) but has all of the core features you really need to make the investment worth it.

LT

Leon T.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Honey book leaves your books sweet

It's been amazing journey so far and I look forward to continuing using the software to better my business

Pros

The software was groundbreaking, it was earth-shattering, and I mean this to say, it changed my entire Outlook on going digital. Planning, scheduling, customer landing page, one place to keep all files, and lastly bookkeeping. Honeybooks certainly left my books with more honey, I would definitely recommend for any entrepreneur looking to go digital and keep things organized.

Cons

The software is awesome however, it is very difficult to get a grasp of if you are not tech savvy or if your team is a little bit Rusty in that department. if you can get over the learning curve then honeybooks will definitely be worth its weight in gold.

KR

Keneshia R.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Honeybook helps me streamline my business

I have used this product for 5+ years and it has been the best experience. From the ease of set up to streamlining my business to payment processing, this is the number program I use in my business. and making my clients feel like they have everything in one place has been such a big boost to my business.

Pros

This software has always been a no brainer for me. I am able to streamline my booking process, create projects and design events all in one place. It is user-friendly and client-friendly.

Cons

I have no real cons about this product, If I had to choose one it would be feature implantation. Releasing new features quicker would help solve a couple of problems.

Design, 1-10 employees

Very Good for Now

I use HoneyBook for my small business to track all my clients and projects.

Pros

I love having all of my business documents, clients, time tracking, project tracking, etc. in one place. It saves so much time because I'm not constantly jumping from program to program to keep myself organized.

Cons

As much as I love the tool, it is not intuitive! None of the settings are where you think they would be and it's very difficult to find help documentation. I can't wait for them to add the feature of attaching a file like a PDF to a triggered email.

Hey there, thank you for the feedback! Want to make sure you're able to find help documentation - please check out https://help.honeybook.com/en/ when you get a chance. Also, don't hesitate to reach out to us at concierge@honeybook.com - always here for any questions you have. :)

EV

Emily V.

Cosmetics, self-employed

New and Loving It!

Overall, HoneyBook has been a life saver!

Pros

I love having all my documents in one program. I love having easy-to-use templates for all of my essentials.

Cons

The only thing, which I am hoping is changing soon with this new update, I would would like to see is more customizable options for the documents, emails, brochures, etc…

KF

Katelyn F.

Love it!

I love how Honeybook makes building my business to be so seamless. Any time that I have a question or concern, Honeybook responds right away! Their support team is immediate and so helpful.

Pros

I really love having everything in one place! Brochures, questionnaires, timelines, contracts, payment plans, etc. It sends both myself and my clients reminders to open docs or make their payments. Overall, it helps keep me organized & looking professional to current and incoming clients. I love Honeybook!

Cons

I think that there needs to be an out of office feature. I never want clients to think I'm ignoring them. That is the one thing that I think would make a HUGE difference. I have already suggested this to Honeybook many times, so I hope they introduce this feature soon.

SG

Sarah G.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

A must-have!

Honeybrook has greatly simplified the emails and booking and invoicing and management of my clients! I don’t feel like I am possibly forgetting something or missing some thing anymore… it’s all in one place and easily manageable.

Pros

Before honey book, I had a separate calendar, separate scheduling app, sending contracts on PDF (such a pain!), noting details about clients projects separately… With Honey book, it is all in one nice organized place! The contract and proposal and email templates make it so easy to book a client & the payment reminders and invoicing is a breeze! I’m still learning automations which will simplify things even further!

Cons

There’s a little room for improvement, which the wonderful customer service has my suggestions about, but those things will only enhance an already great product.