Planful Logo

The FP&A Platform for Continuous Planning

Planful Reviews - Page 2

JE

Jamie E.

Great for automating reporting and forecasting

Helps to avoid human error while providing a flexible platform in which to plan and report

Pros

I like that Host is on the cloud, is very customizable by letting us have numerous templates and allows for multiple users at once

Cons

The software is a bit clunky at times which can lead to it running slowly. Also there are certain nuances that you have to learn which is expected

LB

Lanny B.

Using Host has been much more user friendly than our previous reporting and planning software.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly, drag and drop feature makes it easy to run ad hoc reports. Love the line item detail and notes feature in the templates.

Cons

I would love to be able to use the workforce reporting to run budget vs. actual HR data. I'd also love to see a dashboard available within the next year or so.

MM

Mary M.

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Host took a lot of data and made it usable.

Better use of data, easier budgeting, easier financial statement processing.

Pros

Once set up, Host is easy to use. I have a large amount of product data that Host has helped me organize into something I can use in my business. I love how I can get several financial reports with the push of a button each month. It continues to make month end easier for me. Oh yeah, I use it for budgeting too. I originally got into Host for budgeting and it has been great for that, but I have found it great for many other things. I also love the way it can grow with me. As I use the software I realize there are more things I can do. Host customers for life team is always there to help me when I explore these possibilities.

Cons

It can be difficult to set up a report template. Once set it is good and there are no worries. I would like to feel like I understand how it all works better, but that is a time consuming endeavor. Thankfully there is always someone available at Host to help out.

KS

Kate S.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

As a first timer with any EPM system it was easy to configure and learn.

Pros

There seem to be minimal limitations as to what it can do. With coming from nothing what I appreciate most is HA's reporting capabilities.

Cons

i don't really like the set up of the new currency exchange rate page. i like to be able to seem them all as we could prior to that release.

AM

Amanda M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Best Budgeting tool

Pros

The software is easy to use. I have the ability to lock down budgets so they cannot be changed. Bring in real time data from our ERP and do financial reporting. I have saved more than 100 hours on the annual budgeting process. It is excel based and it makes it easy for non-financial users to use and understand. Can segment who gets to see what. Have workforce planning capabilities

Cons

None so far. I have only been using it for a short time.

priyanka K.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

HA is really an efficient tool which made our FP&A activities automated to certain exten

Automation , easy to use

Pros

Reusable formats in Reports makes Reporting easier and customer support responds usually in hours and makes our job more easy.

Cons

I think they should have more tutorials on their Training website.

SW

Scott W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Director of Financial Planning & Analysis

Pros

Centralizes our planning, budgeting, & forecasting efforts. Quick roll-up of updates and opportunity to copy versions for running alternate scenarios. Upload of transactional data allows for greater degree of self-service research of budget variances on the part of budget owners.

Cons

Core functionality doesn't lend itself to efficient sales reporting

Nikola O.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Closest cloud experience to excel

Pros

Closest experience to excel functionalities in Cloud. Native and intuitive approach to solving traditional budgeting and forecasting. Does not require on premises dev support.

Cons

Initial time to set up environment and templates. If we re did the process again, I would definitely be positioned better to execute faster and more efficient.

PG

Phil G.

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

Good FP&A software

Pros

Ease of use and ability to quickly customize reports

Cons

Some budget templates required some backend work to adhere to our needs

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

Less Inituitive than other systems but more modeling capabilities

Getting benefits in terms of financial analysis and setting up consistent reporting standards.

Pros

The modeling & reporting capabilities in Host are what set it apart from other systems. The ability to integrate reports directly with system data pulls is a very nice feature that can help reduce the complexity of workbooks

Cons

Size limited, may be difficult with scale up. It is also not an intuitive system to learn (especially with the spotlight add in) and is not as "ad hoc" ready as some other systems like Hyperion.

MG

Megan G.

Used other for 1-2 years

Easy to use, customer service has not been the greatest in terms of solving our issues

Pros

The ability to customize the reporting to pull the data needed, the ability to automatically send reports to other users

Cons

No complaints of the software based on the limited usage for my role. Only complaint is that the customer service was not the most responsive to our needs in terms of correcting an issue we were having with the software (we ended up correcting the issue internally).

KN

Kelsi N.

Veterinary, 5,001-10,000 employees

In-depth P&Ls

We've been using it as our budgeting software for the past few years, as well as to build our financial statements and I have been very impressed so far. It is easy to get information out, once the reports are built.

Pros

Planful feed from our Accounting software that happens every 5 minutes. That means we have the most up-to-date Accounting info for true budget to actuals!

Cons

Building reports takes a bit of time to learn. It's a fairly complicated software and definitely not for non-tech savvy folks

ac

andrea c.

Online Media, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great experience for me. We have a dedicated business systems resource on our team who helps a lot.

Pros

I like the flexibility and fluidity of working in the cloud so there is no more verison-ing of excel files and having to wait for input from others.

Cons

There is definitely some upfront legwork to get input templates/reports where you want them to be. But once you have something you like, it's much easier to work with from there.

PP

Pam P.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Host has helped reduce the amount of time previously spent manually keying into Excel.

Pros

My favorite thing about Host is it has eliminated manually keying excel spreadsheets. We are able to hook into our financial system and are able to upload the data that we need which has drastically reduced the amount of human error.

Cons

The interface is pretty dated. I also mainly use chrome as my browser and there seems to be a lag time when scrolling in a template which is a bit of a pain.

DF

Daniel F.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Financial Planning tool with great reporting!

Pros

Great reporting tool Fully customizable to your business Able to assign different users with different permissions/access

Cons

Not self-serve initial setup, but most financial planning software falls under this category Initially it can seem a bit daunting to remember everything, but it gets better

AM

Alan M.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Host Analytics. An upgrade to our budgeting and reporting software.

Pros

Host Analytics is easy to use. I have a large amount of product data that Host helped me organize it and use it in my business, several financial reports with the push of a button each month and budgeting too. It makes month end easier. Great customer service team always there when help is needed.

Cons

It can be difficult to set up a report template. Not all the modules have the same reporting tools. The functionality in the HR module and capital needs improvement.

Monica S.

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

Use Host for financial planning

Pros

i like the cloud based model & speed. it is very useful for scenario planning and for collaborating across my team

Cons

the inability to do calculations in the report without creating a new template. also as we are on Macs the inability to use spotlight in Mac Excel

Mental Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Planful

Pros

User interface is very friendly along with support. I enjoy the accessibility to create and analyze different reports with ease.

Cons

more excel like features on the web software.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

I was never able to go live with it…

Pros

Product seems powerful and capable, but going live is a nightmare

Cons

I was never able to go live. Never got any value out of it and they made me pay for 2 years…

SB

Samia B.

It's user friendly

Pros

It's easy to use for making reports, there are so many great features such as "Drag and drop feature, and Templates".

Cons

Add ability to use the workforce reporting to run budget vs. actual HR data, and to see a dashboard available within the next year or so.

NM

Nicole M.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

I like the functionality of the program and ease of use.

Being able to budget appropriately

Pros

I like being able to quickly and easily navigate to what I need. I like the user interface and options given upon login.

Cons

I do not like the lag time when clicking something. Sometimes when I click on a report the screen takes time to get to where I want to go. When opening it takes a few extra minutes.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Host Analytics for Board Reporting

excellent customer service, trappings of enterprise software.

Pros

aggregate data from different sources create charts and graphs to visualize information

Cons

integration time and setup UI over OLAP database