QuickBooks Payments

Mobile credit card processor for vendors

QuickBooks Payments Reviews

Pros

Easy to use, appears very secure and customer like the payment method. The ability to use this at events and even at client locations make this one of the best ways to accept credit cards.

Martin M.

Steve P.

Andrew C.

Cons

Some bugs makes it boring, its charges amount is way much for such a simple software especially for common goods with fixed prices in small shops, poor customer support response team.

Moses W.

I have to swipe the card 3x, hop on 1 foot then slide the card for it to work. Ridiculous and time consuming.

lindsey n.

Horrible customer service and mobile payment device.

Carlos E.

4.4

Use Quickbook Payment

Transcript

CharRon S.: Hi. My name's CharRon, and I'm an owner of a multimedia industry, and I give QuickBooks,...

Fast and easy credit card processing

I was using a set desktop solution before that had a long term commitment. This allowed us to take mobile payments anywhere we had a cell phone and get out of those long term contracts. Also it smoothly integrated into QuickBooks so it was a win-win for us.

Pros

I has many options for taking a credit card payment. Plug in chip reader, take a picture of the card or a Bluetooth card reader is available. I like that it's month to month and if I don't use it I don't have to pay anything. It's simple and easy to integrate into quickbooks. It has a good back end that you can access from a computer to manage your payments and who is taking those payments.

Cons

The cost is cheaper if you pay monthly and high volume but more expensive for the smaller low volume months. When you get logged out it can be a slow process at times to get logged back in while a customer is waiting to give you their payment.

Hi Nathan. I'm glad the integration options and flexible methods for processing have provided a simple payment management system for Complete Carpet. Thanks for reviewing, and for being a member of the QuickBooks family. If you're running into latency with logins, rest assured I've got you covered. I suggest uninstalling/reinstalling the GoPayment app, which is the easier way to ensure your software...

Quickbooks is very good for smaller businesses

QuickBooks software helped me a lot.

Pros

QuickBooks software is very affordable with lot of good. There are lot's of reports in which you can see that the app allows you to add on a verity of additional features.

Cons

the built-in inventory management system is totally designed mainly for businesses tracking and the stock levels of the finished goods.

Quickbook Payments Fraud

The worst customer service period.

Pros

Billing and payment receipt can be fast but Quickbooks also determines legitmacy of bills and is currently withholding $16k for funds it received from a client that it won't return to the sender nor will they deposit it the company that invoiced account.

Cons

How can a company decide after a payment has been made that the company invoicing does not have a right to do so. Quickbooks keeps the $16k in funds that was paid. The instructions provided by Quickbooks is the sender has to file paperwork to retrieve the funds while it sits on QB's bank account. The sale is lost. The client relationship Is severed. QB has the power to do this? Is this legal?

Quickbooks Easy-to-use Accounting Softwaree

Satisfied for my small business

Pros

That it's good for small businesses and therefore inexpensive

Cons

That number of users are limited In case I'm not available

Outstanding Rates

The rate is worth it alone. But I would appreciate a bit more user friendly interface.

Pros

The rate Quickbooks offers is the best around. I pay the little extra to get the rate. Its fairly easy to use the product and convenient to use my phone.

Cons

The bluetooth card reader disconnects after a few minutes and takes a bit more to get reconnected first. That's hard for intermittent sales.

Hey there, Sam. It's awesome to hear about your positive experience with the product. To address the problem you're having with the card reader, we encourage you to perform the troubleshooting steps in this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/do-more-with-quickbooks/quickbooks-card-reader-connection-troubleshoot/00/139868/page/2. Doing so should target the issue directly. Wishing you the best of luck! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Quickbooks Payments make it easy for a price

Pros

It was easy because it integrates with Quickbooks. I entered something and it was automatically entered into Quickbooks. I didn’t have to do any extra entering.

Cons

The price, fees, and lack of transparency. The fees were very high and it was too difficult to figure out what I was paying and why. I felt like a hostage to the program because I couldn’t figure out if there was a way that I could control the fees. I detested this part of it. I switched to a transparent provider with lower fees because of this. I have to do a bit more manually because it doesn’t integrate like QB Payments does, but it’s worth it to not feel like I am at the mercy of a program/provider.

QuickBooks Payments - Kind to Bookkeepers

I consider QuickBooks Payments an excellent method for making it easy for customers to pay and easy to track their payments.

Pros

Unlike other CC processors, QuickBooks Payments doesn't take out fees upfront. Instead, income enters the bookkeeping (automatically, if you have QuickBooks) in the correct gross income amounts, and fees are charged as a separate expense transaction. This makes bookkeeping much easier than when using other processors. It's also very easy for customers to pay using this app.

Cons

Last time I tried, booking a credit card refund correctly required a work-around in the customer account. It's also possible for someone working in the books to issue a credit card refund to a customer more than once, and accidentally. I'm now very careful when working in customer accounts when there's a credit card on file.

Helps us manage our payment protocols

Pros

As you would expect, QuickBooks Payments is a great addition to Quickbooks and the two synergize amazingly . The program is easy and intuitive to use ,no significant training is required .

Cons

A lot of the features overlap with Quickbooks and it can get confusing when it comes to figuring out what is being done where . I also dislike how complicated chargebacks with more than one transfer fee are to facilitate .

Quick Books Makes things easy

Overall, We love QuickBooks payments because we get paid quickly from our customers using credit cards.

Pros

I love that we can take payments from our customers easily.

Cons

It took a long time for us to get a card reader.

Use Quickbook Payment

I am glad Quickbook has a card reader and website button to increase my customer purchase options

Pros

Just like Square, you are able to get payments from customers using a card reader or online button.

Cons

the charges in a downturn. You get charge to buy their card reader and they charge you for transaction. So, now you have to charge the customer more to get your exact amount.

Works well

It's a really easy to use way to charge my clients and it interfaces nicely with my Quickbooks

Pros

I have found this software easy to use. Customers like the interface though it keeps changing. The changes The changes tell me they are constantly trying to improve their product

Cons

As a service provider I don't like that I cannot set the tips where I would like them to be. They are preset and there's nothing I can do about it. Even clients have commented that I should change it but I can't.

I'm delighted to read the product is working so well for you, Nishawne. Though you can add tips to transactions (community.intuit.com/articles/1599562), we love hearing from you guys about how we can improve. As you mentioned, the engineers work tirelessly to ensure our products provide the best value on the market. Part of that means listening very carefully to what our customers have to say,...

payment software

we are still using this system and it's working great. We rarely have any problems and when we do they are solved quickly for us.

Pros

This allowed our technicians to receive payment in the field and integrated nicely with Quick Books. It worked wonderfully for the most part.

Cons

the cost of the scanners was a little high due to them not lasting as long as we would have liked.

Thanks a bunch for reviewing, Catherine. I'm delighted the software allows for the flexibility your technicians need in the field. If you ever run into issues with the scanners, I assure you there are troubleshooting steps in place. This way, the hardware will last as long as it's designed to moving forward. This Community database article discusses troubleshooting and updates, which is widely...

We use the Go Payment mobile app at work.

Convenience, ease of use, fair pricing.

Pros

What I like most about the Go Payment app is that in real-time it is easy to use. Comprehensive. It's great how it seamlessly integrates into QuickBooks online and then into our bank account.

Cons

Least favorite thing about Go Payment is QuickBooks merchant services. If there is a bump in the process, funds are held in their payments/collections department without notification to the user. It is up to us to figure out something is off, and make the inquiries. While doing that, I have gotten varying resolution answers from various reps. Is confusing and time-consuming.

Hi Laura. I can provide some insight into why funds may be held, as I know how this could affect a business. Please know this protocol is in place to keep you safe and protect against greater loss. This being said, I appreciate your review and the opportunity to help. To start, check out the info at community.intuit.com/articles/1601181. Because each case is different, customer's with funds on...

Decent software

Because of my issues with the card reader, I don’t use QB go payment as much as I used to. But I still have to offer it to my customers who only use cards.

Pros

I like the software for this program. The online program is easy to navigate and easy to find what I’m looking for ex: totals, fees etc..

Cons

My app often fails or kicks me out and I have to log back in (annoying). My card scanner never works correctly. I have to swipe the card 3x, hop on 1 foot then slide the card for it to work! Ridiculous and time consuming

Quick Payment

This payment solution has been great. Quick pay time, easily integrates with Quickbooks and it is very easy to set up and use.

Pros

Cons

The security is so tight that sometimes it can be hard to get signed in. We don’t use it every day so sometimes it takes a few tried to get the log in correct. That’s as much a user issue as it is a complaint. Naturally, I’d Like lower fees but for periodic usage, this a great value.

Empowering you with the tools you need to make your job easier is our top priority, Martin. We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks GoPayment to receive your hard earned money even faster! To learn about the security measures is place, we recommend checking out the Community: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for an awesome review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Simple and fast

Pros

Go payment is easy and fast to use. If you have the app on your phone or tablet and out doing business, you can charge a customer right there and then on the spot. You are able to swipe the card with the card reader or key it in manually. Once you take payment you have the option to send a receipt of the sale and get a signature from the customer for extra security. The software is well design and works flawlessly.

Cons

I do not have any cons currently. Everything works as expected and it the apps seems to always be up and running/updated

I have been using this for my business for a number of years.

allows my clients to pay with all credit cards.

Pros

Easy and fast to use with QBO, integrates with my accounting and the card swipe and chip reader work easily. Can pull reports from the website and track monthly totals.

Cons

Would like a chip reader that could be used on desktop, not just cell phone. Time it takes to post payments to my bank account.

Perfect for Service Providers (no card reader necessary!)

I'm a home inspector and I am able to take payments right at the home now. I use this on about 50% of my home inspections and my clients love it.

Pros

I love that this software feels extremely professional when I'm asking for payment when I'm at someone's home. I don't have to enter in any information, I simply scan their debit or credit card and ask them to sign it. I also love that they have the option to receive a receipt right there. It's so nice to scan the card on my phone with the camera as opposed to carry around a clunky card reader.

Cons

Every now and then it is unable to read a card and I have to enter it in manually, which is frustrating. I also wish it integrated more seamlessly with Quickbooks Invoicing. Obviously I also would like to see the fee for credit card processing lower, but it's not horrible.

Take payments at mobile shows or wherever you need

Pros

This was a great addition that allows us to take credit card payments at trade shows and other places that we don't have access to a PC.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to setup, but for the most part very reliable.

Comments like yours are what we strive for! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what you think of QuickBooks, as it's wonderful to hear the program is exceeding your expectations and is simplifying how you run your business. Should you find yourself in need of help, rest assured you can find assistance from the Product Experts who monitor our Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) pages. They're available 7 days a week from 8 am to 10 pm EST (8-8 on weekends), and will work with you over chat. Enjoy! Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Good credit card processing

Pros

Works well for credit card payments. It has some nice features like putting a hold on a card. Reasonable fees for processing.

Cons

I wish the hold on the credit card could be for a longer duration. Sometimes it is a bit clunky to figure out how to release or apply a hold.

Well hello again, Andrew. Once more, thanks so much for leaving your observations, and I'll gladly provide some more information about how holds work. While the amount of time an authorization stays on your customer's card is dependent upon their financial institution, most fall off on their own (typically within 7-10 business days). This means you'll need to reauthorize after seven days to ensure...

GoPayment the software that you should get for your transactions

GoPayment is suitable for all business, the small ones, medium, and the big ones will be well served with this software

Pros

This software is super easy to use and also user friendly. GoPayment can be intergrated with other software thus giving it an added advantage over other payment software

Cons

The customer support needs some improvement because this is the major problem with this software. I have no other problem with GoPayment

Recommend to my business clients and they love it

Pros

Super easy and free set-up, automatic entry and sync with Quickbooks Online, our recommended small business accounting. Solid technology that works reliably. Compared to Square it is much more reliable and less buggy. Read my side by side comparison review of mobile card reader app GoPayment vs Square http://best4businesses.com/finance/quickbooks-gopayment-review/

Cons

Sometimes I have found customer service hard to reach. A few people have mentioned that it can be hard to cancel your account if you change merchant accounts.

More seamless to transition data to Quickbooks

Pros

I love that it makes the importing of data from GoPayment to Quickbooks online seamless. We have liked it and used it now for several years after we had used Square Payments for 3-4 years.

Cons

Cost is fair, would like to pay less but we've typically used it now that the process is so seamless to import GoPayment data into Quickbooks online.

Good

Pros

It easily goes into quickbook; very easy to start using; was able to get an account quickly; set up was eqsy; eaay to make transactions

Cons

I cant reach custumer service. Very diidicukt to get the answers you need. You need to ho online to do everything and if system down you cant do it. They cant help you

Great company helping smaller companies grow..

Pros

It's super convenient this company charges low interest rates make smaller companies grow faster. I appreciate your customer service . Very polite people and always available to help me with anything I have concerns with.