Invoice Ninja Reviews

4.91/5 (94 reviews)
Pros
  • Easy to use syncs with many CRM's Client Portal
  • Easy to setup/deploy and maintain. Always improving and adding new features.
  • InvoiceNinja is feature packed with more features and customization then you'll ever need.
  • I like the option of self hosting the software the most! Also the recurring invoices are great.
Cons
  • Took a bit of time to figure the features out.
  • So cheap it feels like I'm stealing. The cost is more than worth it!
  • Used to be complicated updates fixed now with an automated update script.
  • Does not have an option where I can charge customers CC from merchants end.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Kiko Seijo

Invoice Ninja review

Reviewed 2017-09-04

Pros
Firstly the great support, secondly the user experience that it's so intuitive. Overall feeling its a robust system. Congratulations to them team, them awesome on what they do.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you very much for your kind review!

Nicolas Caramella

Best invoice system for small online entrepreneurs

Reviewed 2017-09-04

Pros
The tool is simple and easy to learn, very versatile and their customer service is helpful, fast and friendly.

Cons
Can't think of any to be honest.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you for taking the time to review the app, it's really appreciated! Hope the app is still working well for you!

Patrick McMahon

Excellent invoicing and finance app

Reviewed 2019-03-15

Invoice ninja has been a free and easy way to start my business and invoice customers and keep track of my expenses. would highly recommend.

Pros
Usually FOSS is clunky and has bad UI/UX. Invoice Ninja is easy to use, is packed full of features and has everything to run your small business finances.

Cons
Overall this product is great and does what I need. The only real con is really a feature request and that is for double entry accounting and Charter of accounts to make this a full accounting package, which is almost not what it was designed for. inventory tracking would be great but I think there could be a module for this already that I have just not installed.

Anonymous

Great for Invoicing and time tracking

Reviewed 2019-10-23

Pros
The invoicing is simple and easy online and mobile Time tracking is easy and I can charge different clients with different hourly rates

Cons
Can't really use it for accounting since expenses are not (fully) implemented

Response from InvoiceNinja

We're happy to have you on-board, thank you for your review!

Clemens Mol

Amazing support, easy to use

Reviewed 2019-02-28

Invoicing used to take a lot of time, now its a matter of minutes per week. Also love the way customers can see and pay their invoices online, which also saves me a lot of time.

Pros
Easy to use, and comes with an API, love it! The recurring invoices & auto bill invoices are a life saver for me. Saves me a ton of time.

Cons
It is technically possible to write your own plugins for this software, but its very limited and hard to create a plugin. It's not easily extendable like WordPress for example.

Brittany Crawford

Keeps our e-commerce running smoothly

Reviewed 2019-09-24

It helped us organize and stay on track with invoicing and payment. Super user friendly!

Pros
It was very easy to implement on the back-end of our WordPress sites. It keeps our e-commerce running smoothly so we do not have to manually go in everyday and sent invoices for purchases.

Cons
There really isn't anything I dislike. It had a ton of options for payment integration which gives us and clients options.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Amazing! Thank you very much for your kind words! We're so happy you like the software!

Nick Pagano

Super easy to setup and use. Makes it really easy to invoice customers.

Reviewed 2017-10-09

Pros
I love the live .PDF invoice creation. Overall it's just easy to use, and has all the tools that I need to invoice my clients.

Cons
Not sure on this. The only nit-picky thing I can think of, being a graphic designer, I would change a couple of the icons.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your excellent review! We hear ya... choosing icons is hard.

Yonge Conv

Amazing must have for small shops

Reviewed 2018-09-06

Really helps in organizing and tracking billing.

Pros
Easy to setup/deploy and maintain. Always improving and adding new features.

Cons
Used to be complicated updates fixed now with an automated update script.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Wow! 10/10! Thank you very much! You're kind words are appreciated, we'll keep working to keep you happy!

Jack Mlabasati

Great app with my syncs

Reviewed 2019-12-17

Pros
Easy to use syncs with many CRM's Client Portal

Cons
Does not have an option where I can charge customers CC from merchants end.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you very much for your great review & input! We'll keep working hard to improve & improve!

Joe Ciavucco

Perfect in every way

Reviewed 2018-04-09

Invoicing clients quickly and easily

Pros
I love how easy it is to quote, convert to invoice, send to client ( with a choice of really nice designs ) and then, the best part, the client can pay online straight away! It looks really professional it all being on my own domain name too.

Cons
If I had to say something - maybe its the branding, however I understand that it's free if it's self-hosted and they need to advertise some how!

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your fantastic review! For those self-hosting, there is also the option to "white-label"; please email us for details: contact@invoiceninja.com Thank you again!

Perfect for Freelancers

Reviewed 2019-07-25

I'm very happy and my experience has been superb.

Pros
I love that the free version has plenty of options but there's room to grow/upgrade when my business gets bigger. You can integrate payment systems or just invoice someone. I love that you can track time and invoice, plus add expenses.

Cons
Took a bit of time to figure the features out.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Great review! We'll be happy to grow with you as you scale your business!

Braunson Y

Fantastic software

Reviewed 2019-03-09

Wonderful, would recommend to anyone looking for invoice management software (and then some)

Pros

Cons
So cheap it feels like I'm stealing. The cost is more than worth it!

Jason Pettys

Great invoicing solution for a small business wanting a simple affordable solution

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Pros
Does everything I want with the flexibility I want, and new features released regularly. The invoices look great.

Cons
The invoice PDF preview doesn't work in the brave browser. The way the site looks on a phone's web browser could use some polishing.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you very much for your kind review! Regarding mobile, I'm very happy to write that we're relaunching our Android & iOS apps, contact us if you would like to test, I think you'll love it!

Xavi Fernandez

So useful when you need some order

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-10-05

This software is so practical and the free plan offers you enough resources for free.

Pros
Connections with other CRMs using automation tools make this programe really valuable to connect deals and invoicing.

Cons
Maybe the fact it's just only an invoicing software, not including accountancy make not competitive.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Great feedback, we appreciate your review! Thank you very much!

Stefan van der Vliet

Saves me time and money!

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Pros

Cons
The installation was quite hard for me. But after a few tries I managed. This only applies to the self-hosted version.

Edward Beaman

Fulfills every invoicing need a business owner could possibly have

Reviewed 2017-10-12

Pros
Invoice Ninja provides every tool a business owner could possibly want when it comes to secure, accurate, and easy-to-use invoicing software. I've been using their invoice system for six months and everything is straightforward, clear, and very user-friendly. There are many great options in regards to payment gateways, invoicing customization, and the automation requirements I need as a busy small business owner. I can't imagine using anyone else now for my invoicing.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your extraordinary review!

Gustavo Ritondale

I don't use all features InvoiceNinja has but I can only recommend it to any freelancer like me!

Reviewed 2017-10-19

Pros
It's fast, intuitive, full of features, highly customizable, and free! I tried several other free invoicing tools but InvoiceNinja beats all.

Cons
I use it in self hosted mode, adding a custom currency was not that easy in this version like in the previous.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your review! If you email us the currency you're using we'd be happy to add it to the app.

Alun Davies

Standout feature was the service. About 2 dozen emails answered with solutions in minutes

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-08-22

To early to say

Pros
The basic package was fairly easy to set up. Everything configured and linked first time. All notifications worked. It has the capacity to handle complexity and simplicity equally making it very versatile for a range of user demands. The designs are clean and sharp

Cons
The only drawback concerns the more complex nature of incorporating custom imagery which is unwieldy, and for people with limited expertise (me) could be quite a challenge. Luckily Invoice Ninja do provide first class support and I found they took me through the process (even completing some of it for me in places). My emails were answered all round the clock, and within minutes of being sent, so no seriously drawn out delays caused by 24 hr response lags etc

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your very kind review! We hope to make it easier to embed images in a future release, thanks for taking the time to work through it with us.

Karen Baker

Exactly what I needed and nothing I didn't want!

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Pros
This is a wonderful invoicing option! It has all of the features I needed and was not at all complicated to set up and use.

Cons
I honestly have not run into any limitations that affect my business. A few more templates to choose from might be useful.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you very much for your review, we really appreciate it!

Yannis Sintos

This is a great invoicing software

Reviewed 2017-05-18

I stopped using paper invoices and i have a clean view of my income.

Pros
Easy to use and very effective software. I use it for invoicing all my customers and it works great. It get updated very often and the support community is great.

Cons
The fact that you have to pay to have white label license in self hosted environment. Some minor problems in invoice design.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your very kind review! Feel free to email us if you'd like help perfecting your invoice design.

STEVEN SOH

good and ease of use.

Reviewed 2017-10-26

google

Pros
very user friendly what most of the feature. if future can add in the delivery order function will be perfect.

Cons
it was simple to be use for small customer office, how about for the customer with more than 2 delivery address which have a lot of branch or customer site. hope can add in more feature in coming version.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thanks for your review and feedback! We're planning on adding a delivery order feature in an upcoming release.

Alessandro Rinaldi

Brings the invoicing experience to another level :)

Reviewed 2017-09-04

Pros
Cuts down a number of tedious steps in invoice creation and following up with contacts. Makes invoice creation finally a painless experience.

Cons
More integration needed with other apps (say Pipedrive), now apparently fixed :) Like, contact import from other sources.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your review! If you haven't seen it you may want to try using Zapier to integrate with Pipedrive https://zapier.com/zapbook/invoice-ninja/pipedrive/

Anonymous

At last a billing system that works

Reviewed 2019-02-03

will use this system from now on.

Pros
Ease of use and a process that makes sense. Fully featured Layout Design payment gateway integration can be integrated to 3rd party systems

Cons
if you have some none sensical paperwork that you want to reflect it then it might not work. to fully customise it you must know what your are doing (not suitable for newbies)

Arnaud Connois

Great product and great support !

Reviewed 2018-04-19

Pros
I have been using Invoice Ninja for almost a year now. Product is simple to customize and to use ! Support team answers fast.

Cons
I have been using Invoice Ninja for almost a year now. Haven't come across any issues so far. Seems to fit my needs.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you very much for your review & great feedback! We appreciate that you've been with us for a year, and hopefully many years to come!

Devorah Altman

Sending invoices to customers is now so easy.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-10-09

I have an easy and efficient way to bill customers and track it. I highly recommend Invoice Ninja.

Pros
It is a program designed to make invoicing customers easy. It saves customer information, fast and efficient, customers can pay with a variety of credit cards and checking what invoices have been paid is a breeze. Customer service is a pleasure.

Response from InvoiceNinja

Thank you for your review and recommendation!