invoicely Reviews

invoicely

Free Online Invoice Software for Small Businesses

4.71/5 (163 reviews)

Pros
  • We love the ease of the system as well having a way to store bills on our computer and not have to save the paper trail...which in turn helps the environment.Kellie Y.Read the full review
  • Andreas my customer support agent literally saved my job. Thank you Andreas you are amazing.Andreea B.Read the full review
  • Invoicely offers small companies, entrepreneurs and start-up users a great opportunity to keep track of their finances with an easy to use and easy to navigate the invoicing system.Divan v.Read the full review
Cons
  • The only thing I dislike about this software is that it isn't a scheduler with integrated billing and invoicing.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Somehow I get lost in the settings sections, even though Ive been there a few times.Tradian A.Read the full review
  • The only con I have for this software is when emailing a client their invoice the return address is something very generic and confusing to the client and sometimes ends up in junk folder.Amy K.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Peter Bennett

Very clean, crisp and fast system with great feedback about invoices sent by email or text.

Reviewed 2017-11-20

It has pushed me into being more 'paperless' - delivering invoices by email or txt when possible. Early days but I'm hoping it will make me more efficient and help me deliver a more professional image over invoicing clients. It would allow me to produce invoices when on the road which before I couldn't do.

Pros
This is the fastest business web app I've ever used, faster than many 'local' systems. An unexpected benefit for me was the feedback it gives when sending invoices by email or a link to the invoice by sms text - it lets me know that the client has seen the invoice.

Cons
I find entering payment details for checks a bit too 'free form' - its just a text box for check #, date or whatever. But I admit I'm not exactly sure what needs to be recorded about checks, I may be OTT.

I Love Invoicely

Reviewed 2020-01-30

Invoicely allows me to easily track my time, which has enabled me to create more accurate project estimates. It's smooth as butter to use and I highly recommend it for small businesses.

Pros
One of the best things about Invoicely is the time tracking feature. I love being able to easily track how much time I'm spending on what.

Cons
When sending invoices, you can address them to more than one person. However, the recipients can't see that others were cc'ed. So I've had countless experiences where a recipient in Accounting will reply by forwarding the invoice to my main contact, who I had included on the invoice, or the main contact will reply by forwarding to Accounting, who I had included on the invoice. Basically each thinks the other wasn't included, and this creates more emails and a bit of confusion. The workaround I've adapted is including a note with each invoice telling multiple recipients that they've all been included and are all receiving the same invoice.

Mike Gibbons

So Easy

Reviewed 2020-06-28

Enjoying the ease of use, the straight forward set up & the speedy online help when required

Pros
I love the ease of use o this product as I'm a novice, I look forward to adding upgrades as my knowledge expands

Cons
I haven't made full use of all the services this products supplies but for basic invoicing I have found now flaws as yet

renata notini

should let us use the sign program to make it more personalized and they sell the program

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Pros
The program is very easy to use and fast to learn . Have a nice presentation of the invoice . Have a fair price but i still think it should let us personalize more

Cons
costumer support takes to long to return and it cant be personalized as name of exporter shippment or collect information for shippment .

Sergi Hurtado

A good way to keep your invoices on auto-pilot

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-04-03

Pros
It's intuitive and easy to use. I love that they offer the hability to set up recurring invoices.

Cons
They don't allow you to start a new recurring invoice retroactively. The starting date cannot be the same day, it must be at least the day after. This doesn't make sense to me and has created me some problems.

Divan van den Berg

Invoices Done!

Reviewed 2019-08-15

Invoicely is a very handy program that makes day to day invoicing easy and effortless.

Pros
Invoicely offers small companies, entrepreneurs and start-up users a great opportunity to keep track of their finances with an easy to use and easy to navigate the invoicing system. Logging in is seamless and the dashboard offers great versatility by generating income reports as well as tell you what amount of money is still due.

Cons
There is no mobile app and a free account won't allow you to generate an estimate on your work.

Simona Zukaite

Great, intuitive, easy to use software

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2020-03-25

In less than 15min I have signed up and starting issuing invoices.

Pros
I was looking for an easy to use software that also had a free element as I only need it occasionally. It was extremely intuitive and really enjoy using it so far. Definitely recommend!

Cons
The interface is little bit confusing on how to edit existing but not yet sent invoices. Took a couple of tries to figure it out.

Amy Ketchum

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-12-07

Overall I have had a great experience using this software.

Pros
This software does just what I need. Create invoice. Save as a pdf. Email to the client. Send a url to the client. Nice feature set.

Cons
the only con I have for this software is when emailing a client their invoice the return address is something very generic and confusing to the client and sometimes ends up in junk folder.

Tradian A. Maier

Great, light invoicing

Reviewed 2020-01-31

Pros
I really liked the fact that its not super complicated as some other players out there. I wanted to have a place where I can create and track invoices, nothing more. This does it for me

Cons
Somehow I get lost in the settings sections, even though Ive been there a few times. Its a shame that not all fields are editable, for example in Europe we use VAT ID and not TAX ID as in US, would be nice to be able to edit Would also be great to have the choice what info is on the invoice, many clients would like to have the name of the contact person on there, but this is not possible as far as I know

James Russell

The best Invoice App yet

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-07-01

Pros
The free tier is as powerful as most paid versions of invoice generating apps.

Cons
The invoice design could be improved with templates.

Prashant Paudel

A platform targeted to small business owners and freelancers

Reviewed 2020-02-16

I love the fact I can add my company logo and to save various copies before sending. Another feature I liked is the "invoice reviewed" email that let's me know that the client has received and opened my invoice. The software allows me to have a list of clients, and to easily update invoices which simplifies my process and saves my time. Invoicely helps me with everything, from dealing the invoice to sending the email and keeping track of everything.

Pros
Invoicely lets you send and track all your invoices from a single platform and it's customizable and easy to use. It comes with many invoicing and accounting features for your business. It's so easy to set up and customize the professional looking invoices in any language. Before you proceed on creating invoices you can estimate the data first and then convert them into invoices, and also setup recurring invoices profiles. You can have a record of all your past transactions between your business and a client, so that you can view and send account statements at any time. There are so many features in Invoicely, that would make your working easier, like adding taxes, discounts or shipping details to any product or invoices totals, you can easily manage them with Invoicely. Invoicely would make the payment process easier, by letting clients pay directly on your invoice, you can receive instant online payments without any further delay. The pros of this software includes: 1. Unlimited Invoices and customers: There's no limit to the amount you can send or how many different customers you can send the invoices to, well this feaure of sending invoices is absolutely free. 2. Easy to setup and use: The user interface is intuitive, and all you have to do to send a first invoice is creating an account and follow a few steps to get you up and running with Invoicely. It's easy to explore and use the features of Invoicely. 3. Keep things organized.

Cons
- Email customizations are available only on the paid plan. - Once I had a situation where I needed to contact support for and I never got a response and that's one of the reasons I haven't gone to the paid version. - Line items & discounts are not editable, so every time I had to create a new one. For example, If I had to change the line title or amount, currently I would have two options, either to create a new "saved line item" or change the amount manually everytime I use that line item. If Invoicely could update the current "saved line item" it would be great.

Subhashish Sen

I have been using invoicely since long and always had a great ease of use experience and happy

Reviewed 2018-05-22

This software has always amazed by their services as not other free software has ever provided such extended support and maintain data for so long. This is an amazing software and recently I became a paid user. Happy to continue working on invoicely.

Pros
The software is easy to use. Its mostly free and still allows you to manage everything that is important to your business. I have been managing 100s of my clients and thousands of invoices till date without any problem. The print to PDF feature as well sending a direct link with payment option to client helps to receive payments directly to our account without any hassle. It has made managing multiple companies with ease too. Its not loaded with too many features like other software and compiles with all the necessary stuff that is really required.

Cons
If the system could enable some graphical reports based on the requirement would be great this is just a suggestion again but not a complaint this is the best software out their

Anonymous

If you're a small business...

Reviewed 2019-05-31

We're keeping track of clients and payments that need to be made.

Pros
If you're a small business Invoicely is for you. It's the easiest and simplest platform available to invoice detailed things, especially for creative people and agencies. It has automatic email reminders, a great aesthetic and if you're just a small fry... it's absolutely FREE.

Cons
Unfortunately I haven't found any integrations with accounting software so data entry is all manual.

Great Little Invoicing Software

Reviewed 2019-05-02

It's a good experience, and better than the solution I had before. I like it quite a bit and hope they continue to do exactly what they're doing.

Pros
Invoicely provides a good product at a fair price including a free tier that offers a lot of helpful features for the freelancer or individual needing invoicing software to make quick work of those pesky billing tasks. They offer extras beyond the free tier that could benefit growing organizations and folks with more robust needs. The interface is good and clean and it's, overall, very well done.

Cons
There are a few tasks that maybe can be achieved more directly with fewer clicks and in the case of doing work like this (pesky billing tasks), more efficiency is always better.

Review For Invoicely

Reviewed 2019-09-15

Overall excellent but they should have mobile application so we can access it on our cellphones.

Pros
If you are looking for effortless invoicing, invoicely is perfect invoicing for you. They accept the online payment You can redesign it you can add your company logo, specific color scheme etc. You can use it for more than one business different invoice for each of your business. It also have free plan.

Cons
I used it for 12 months and i found nothing wrong. It's user friendly and simple but they don't have mobile app that's one con i found.

Erik Yuzwa

easy for data entry but has some unobvious functionality

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-30

I'm trying to solve the need to pay another similar service when all I want is to keep track of invoices. I was hoping Invoicely could take care of this for me. The overall "first entry" into the system is great, and very clean. I love having the published permalink idea. Just really disappointed that there was no obvious way to enter in older paid invoices from previous quarters, and REALLY don't like having the system auto-generating emails to my clients.

Pros
* easy to enter client and invoice items * easy to structure things * love having the permalink to an invoice for sending to a client

Cons
* no (obvious) way to enter invoices, including first-generated and paid dates from the past. I'm evaluating Invoicely as a replacement for FreshBooks and tried to enter my invoices from my first quarter * there was also no (obvious) way to set the invoice paid date to anything other then "today" * when I did set an invoice to paid, I was horrified to discover that the system had auto-emailed (without warning / notifying me) my client -- over an invoice that was already paid in Jan 2018.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Andrew Thornhill

Great ease of use

Reviewed 2019-12-12

Simple, easy to use step up from sending customers excel or PDF invoices. Straightforward dashboard with ready oversight of what has been paid and what is outstanding. A great choice if you need something easy to use. Lots of software that promises ease of use - Invoicely delivers on that promise.

Pros
As a business owner who is not overly IT savvy - really enjoy the ease of use of Invoicely. Provides it core offering really well - send out and reconcile invoices very easily.

Cons
None. Does everything we need it to. We enjoy the fact that is doesn't have a million features - just straightforward and easy invoice generation and tracking.

Anonymous

The easiest invoicing tool I've ever used

Reviewed 2018-06-18

Pros
As a freelancer, I need something that allows me to keep on top of my invoicing without manually keeping sending reminders. Invoicely allows me to look at what is outstanding by a number of days and trigger a reminder email. I like the dashboard showing me running totals of invoices and the messages how customizable the whole process can be.

Cons
I used the free version until I had to upgrade due to wanting to create recurring monthly invoices. Not the end of the world as well worth the money to save time.

Andreea Baila

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Pros
Easy to use. I have had great feedback from clients who are receiving their invoices and its a very easy system that keeps track of everything.

Cons
I have nothing negative to say at the moment; however, I think that with live telephone contact where you can speak to customer support, would be awesome.

Anonymous

I used this software for a family member who owed me money and it was simple and to the point

Reviewed 2018-07-05

It helped me get the money owed to me for work I had done.

Pros
The software is simple and easy to navigate. I could use it to send to anyone who I needed to pay me money owed to me even a family member who we all know are the hardest people to get payment from because they think they should get everything for free since they are family. The software is precise and to the point, I would recommend this to anyone.

Cons
I have no complaints about this software. It was easy to navigate through. I could easily understand where I needed to put each item. Wheather you have a new business or an old one I would say use this software simply because of it.

Lucinda M Mayo

Have used invoicely happily for years: when I need customer support it exceeds expectations

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Pros
Keeps all my billing organized at very low cost; provide tax info, etc with no fuss at all. Options for communicating with clients in various languages.

Cons
One fairly subtle thing is that changes to invoices, ie., must be manually saved sometimes else they don't register.

Mark Smolen

Perfect for Sole Proprietors

Reviewed 2019-10-22

I wanted a simple way to invoice clients and track who paid and who didn't. Emailing them is all I needed. And all of this for free. My experience couldn't have been better. Thanks Invoicely! Hopefully I grow into needing more of their services.

Pros
It did exactly what I needed it to do--for FREE! Enter my customer address, personalize the template with my logo and info, create an invoice, email it, track payments, and view and re-print a past invoice if needed.

Cons
It is ever so slightly clunky in a couple spots not allowing me to view an invoice and just mark it paid, but once you understand the flow, it just works.

ANTONIS DELTA

Love it ! So useful and user friendly.

Reviewed 2018-07-11

Pros
Invoice management is now super easy using this product, especially tracking your client payments and invoices, organizing your client list and their personal details, scheduling and sending automated invoices. Really useful for freelancers and small studios but also for any business.

Cons
The tax calculation needs update and there are some minor issues concerning the currency exchange rates when paying to a different country or currency. Apart from these ones, everything works fine!

Andrea Postal

Easy to use, functional invoicing app

Reviewed 2018-09-29

Pros
Simple to setup, simple to use and navigate, and makes tax season super simple so a small business.

Cons
The invoice emailing options seem to be a bit redundant, and it often sends more copies than I'd like, and I'm still uncertain whether my client is receiving all of the notifications I am that an invoice has been updated!

Raghav Belavadi

Its great and at HYPE we love using it. Sooper easy and useful!

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Simplicity in invoicing yet professional neat and clean

Pros
Simplicity, flexibility and startup friendly. We love using it for invoicing, billing and sending reminder by downloading the Record. It offers flexible editing and recording functionality.

Cons
Easy to capture details and easy to operate. We would like more if you develop a simpler Sales lead capture feature with this so that we can capture sales leads, convert it into a business, invoice and close it. It means a perfect solution end-to-end