Itemize Logo

Itemize

Receipt data extraction & expense management application

Itemize Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.47/10

See full reviews by rating

Easy to use great to save receipts love the app the application is very convenient to have and to keep track of receipts.
I love that I can input everything on my phone. I've called customer support once and they were supper responsive and helpful.
Easy to instal, a pleasure to use, reliable, AI technology, responsive customer service. Flexible for multiple levels and variations of reporting.
The app has had some problems in picking up the information. That problem probably has more to do with the size of the font/receipt than the app, but it has been a bit of a frustration.
When I take a picture of the reciept it usually either says completed but with wrong info or failed.
The only downside is some functions never worked for me- I could never get pictures to actually rotate and the email function had a time lag. Overall I would use it again in my next job.

Cl

Corey l.

Real Estate,

Solid app...I recommend it

I've been using it for a few years now. Solid product and easy to use on the go. It'll keep get track of your records with just a snapshot.

Pros

The ease of use. Being able to take a snapshot and have it captured is best because the more time I can save the better

Cons

I don't have any problems with this app.

Great to hear you are pleased with your Itemize experience! If you ever have any problems, please reach out to us at Support@itemize.com and we will be happy to help you!

PJ

Paddy J.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Best expense management app around

It does exactly what it needs to, it keeps track of my expenses in a simple manner that also allows me to easily make reports end of the month to ensure I bill clients and keep my administration in check. Love it!

Pros

The app is so easy to use, and interfaces easily with excel to easily create reports I need.

Cons

The app could use some small adjustments to make it a little more attractive.

AM

Alan M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Perfect small business app accessory!

All my receipts in one effective cloud space with seamless reports functionality!

Pros

Easy to use and has all the functionality I need’

Cons

The inability to select default expense categories

MK

Michael K.

Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best expense app I've ever used!

Itemize is simply the best expense app I've ever used. Not only are the interface and auto-recognition capabilities top notch, but their support team went above and beyond to help me regain access to my information after an unexpected work change. Needless to say, I highly reccommend their product!

Cons

Thanks so much for the great review! If you ever have any suggestions or questions in the future please reach out to us at Support@itemize.com.

PC

Phillip C.

Architecture & Planning, 1,001-5,000 employees

My most useful apps

This app makes budgeting and record keeping so easy i just snap a picture of my receipts and it does all of the work and allows me to get rid of mountains of receipts Itemize saves time, space and work one snap all done

Pros

Cons

Nothing

AW

Andrew W.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Quick and Easy

No more paper. I click photo my invoices and receipts, wait a few seconds, then mostly all the info is there. Usually all that's needed is a description of what the receipt or invoice was for.

Pros

Cons

I can only take a photo of 1 page of and invoice or receipt.

OB

Oscar B.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Great App for keeping track

I Love Itemize because i can keep track of all my expenses. I love how I can just snap a picture and it records the receipt. I will be using this for my taxes next year, and for the following years.

Pros

Software is easy to follow

Cons

n/a

RC

Robert C.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Controlling expenses

Very key tool. I have normal family needs, plus those of an elected City Councilman. Lots of options you can customize easily for your circumstances

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Learning options

Thanks for the great review! We are launching Webinars very soon to help with customer knowledge on the Itemize platform! Please feel free to contact us at Support@itemizecorp.com with any future questions or suggestions!

AU

Angie U.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Itemize review

Okay other than it's not working right now.

Pros

It's convenient for use on the road & easy to categorize.

Cons

The category titles do not all fit in the

SP

Sean P.

Real Estate, self-employed

Great Receipt management App for small business

The app works well and is able to import all the details from a picture of a receipt most of the time. I have had a couple of issues where it would not allow me to change the name of the business or the industry, but it was not a huge issue. I would like if the pictures of the receipt were consolidated into 1 folder on my phone, not just in my photo gallery. the reports are nice and easy to use.

Pros

It is very useful, fairly easy to use, and is affordable

Cons

The user interface is not very nice, editing entries is they are not scanned correctly can be a challenge, I would prefer if the images it takes were stored a separate folder

RL

Ron L.

Tax Man Loves it

Very easy to use, and my tax person loves it, simply the best app to use to track a busy guy like me which travels all over the US for business. Its truly a GREAT app.

Pros

easy to use, easy to fine a receipt, nicely labeled.

Cons

NONE yet

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to contact us at Support@itemizecorp.com with any future questions or suggestions!

SN

Steven N.

Very good, great.

Pros

It is all mobile, I take my phone everywhere. I have done this once for my ten dollar gift card and I do not have a Linkden account and do not want one.

Cons

I think you should have a crop option for the receipts. I always take my picture of my receipts on my steering wheel.

CH

Christopher H.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Itemize Makes Tracking Expenses Easy and Fun

Pros

The interface is easy and intuitive, the upload and processing speeds are fast, and the accuracy is fantastic.

Cons

While I do not have any major complaints, the ability to capture tips is inconsistent, although that may be more due to my handwriting. However, filling that in manually is easy.

KM

Kristi M.

The BEST Reciept tracking app available

After going through about 20 apps and countless dollars, I finally came across Itemize and my search was over. It is accurate, easy and exactly what I was looking for. The photos are clear and itemize is almost always perfect when gathering the info from the receipt. I don't have to go in and correct everything ( something I had been doing with the other programs). It catorgizes correctly and integrates...

Cons

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! Please feel free to reach out to us at Support@itemize.com if you ever run into any issues!

EK

Eric K.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Works as advertised!

I've used Itemize for a little over a year and couldn't be more please with it. Occasionally I need to edit the type of transaction but all other information is pulled from the receipt with very few errors. Great software!

Pros

Information pulled from receipt is very accurate. Easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes it times out before loading the picture. This could be network related though.

FS

Francesca S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Useful Application for Business Owners

Really useful app. I do not have to save all my physical receipts for business expenses. I can just take a picture and export it as a table with the total of all expenses at the bottom. It saves me time.

Pros

The export feature as a spreadsheet of all expenses

Cons

I do not like how I cannot see all the receipts for the year when I scroll down. Only when I export the spreadsheet.

Thanks for the great review! You should be able to continue scrolling to see receipts throughout the year, it just takes a moment or two to pull in your older receipts. Please feel free to contact us at Support@itemizecorp.com with any future questions or suggestions!

Airlines/Aviation, 10,001+ employees

It's the Expense Tracker that we Needed

It's a solid product with an extremely functional app. The reports are easy to run. There's no reason a company shouldn't use this tool.

Pros

As a user, my receipts have never been more organized. Basically, snapping a photo is so much easier than having to use a scanner every time, which is what I used to do. I went out to lunch with someone from another business that didn't use Itemize, and he was very jealous of how easy it was for me.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons. I've only used the basics of the software, so there are probably a lot of features out there that I don't even know about yet.

JS

Joseph S.

I'm hard to please.....

For a long time I needed an app to record, track and keep all of my important receipts in order. I went through the usual routine finding and deleting apps that didn't meet my needs. All of that changed the first time I opened the Itemize app. The pictures are sharp and provide an exact record of my transaction. I really like the many editing options that allow me to customize each transaction....

Cons

We are pleased to hear about your experience with Itemize! If you ever do have an issue, please reach out to us at Support@itemize.com and we would be happy to help you!

TP

Trista P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Awesome for on the go!

I'm a full time flight attendant and travel agent and don't sit still long. This is the first program that I've found that works with MY schedule and helps keep me organized!

Cons

Thanks for the great review! If you ever have any issues please feel free to contact us at Support@itemizecorp.com!

PJ

Paddy J.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Simple and easy to use - great for freelance consultants

As a freelance consultant I travel a lot, for multiple clients on multiple projects. Itemize allows me to keep track easily and create custom report quickly in order to bill my clients, accurately and without missing one receipt.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use. Does exactly as expected for a independent freelance consultant. After looking long and hard, this tool is the best for expense management - never loose track and quickly create reports!!

Cons

The app is simple and easy to use. The website version could probably have a little more functionality included. Concern is backups and loss of data.

KH

Karen H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Itemize - My lifesaver!

This app is seriously the easiest and most convenient receipt tracking software I have used. No more lost receipts or having to keep annoying little bits of paper and my accountant is VERY pleased with me now too. Thank you Itemize!!

Pros

Convenience and accuracy

Cons

I haven't haven't come across anything I don't like yet.

MF

Mary F.

Finally a place to keep all my receipts and in an easy to find place.

Tracking expenses and being able to access them at tax time and not miss anything.

Pros

Ease of use and no ads which is huge for me. Being able to quickly add the info and quickly retrieve it. I was able to track one of last eye appoointments by pulling a received from my phone

Cons

Really there is not a con to it. if I had to pick on thing it would be more auto uploads of choices for costs. Maybe have a household section or a kids section that way I can see how much these kids are eating me out of house and home in addition to my business expenses.

BC

Brady C.

Oil & Energy, 5,001-10,000 employees

My opinion

8 out of 10

Pros

Easy to use , just snap a picture , would be better if it would use a screen shot

Cons

That you cannot transfer a screen shot or photo directly into a receipt .

SS

Susan S.

does just what I hoped it would

Itemize is so easy to use because the app captures information from a pic of the receipt. It even categorizes the type of expense for me. It has even saved me money and trouble from lost receipts.

Pros

I like that it captures the info from the receipt. I like that it is backed up on the web so my info can't be lost.

Cons

The screen where you add tip amount is funky because when the number pad comes up to enter the tip amount, it COVERS the save button. There is no way to save & exit. So goofy.

Thanks for the review! We are having trouble reproducing the issue with entering and saving a tip. Please contact us at Support@itemizecorp.com with additional information and we will try to fix this issue as quickly as possible.

HD

Heather D.

Have used this product for a couple years to keep my receipts organized and very easy to use

Pros

Ease of use and simple to navigate. Not time consuming in order to get my receipts organized and imputed into the system especially if it is a long receipt that you do not think the system will be able to accurately read and upload

Cons

Having to pay a fee monthly, that it sometimes does not recognize the name of some of the major stores off the receipt