Itemize Logo

Itemize

Receipt data extraction & expense management application

Itemize Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.47/10

Reviews by rating

Easy to use great to save receipts love the app the application is very convenient to have and to keep track of receipts.
I love that I can input everything on my phone. I've called customer support once and they were supper responsive and helpful.
Easy to instal, a pleasure to use, reliable, AI technology, responsive customer service. Flexible for multiple levels and variations of reporting.
The app has had some problems in picking up the information. That problem probably has more to do with the size of the font/receipt than the app, but it has been a bit of a frustration.
When I take a picture of the reciept it usually either says completed but with wrong info or failed.
The only downside is some functions never worked for me- I could never get pictures to actually rotate and the email function had a time lag. Overall I would use it again in my next job.

Great app for personal & business receipt organization and expense management

This is a great app for anyone needing anything from simple organization of expenses and budgeting up to team expense reimbursement and reporting. You can use the iOS/Android app or their website. A number of new features have been added over the past few months, including integrations with accounting tools, and I have not yet tried everything. And nothing beats their turnaround on processing paper receipts. I get mine back, fully processed, about 15 seconds after I snap a picture in the app!

Pros

Near real-time digitizing of paper receipts snapped in the app -- instant gratification (& feedback). Great reports, with filters to allow specific selections/filters. Expense reports that show clean images along with tabular data layout. Reasonable cost. Fast.

Cons

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to reach out to us at Support@itemize.com for future any suggestions or questions you may have!

CL

C Lynn M.

This app has saved me so much time!

Pros

1. Never have to look for a receipt again 2. Stores accept pictures of the receipts for returns 3. End of the year report for tax purposes - The is has saved me HOURS of year end time when doing my taxes

Cons

1. Categories - wish I could just make my own and delete the other ones 2. Sometimes it's slow to connect to server so it takes a while to update my database. 3. Wish I could set up auto reports - where it would send them to my email monthly, yearly.

RG

Russell G.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Could be much better. They need to include all categories available for use in the reports.

Reports are not complete. I always have to manipulate the reports to be usable. The PDF or Excel reports are both incomplete. The categories need to be expanded into the reports to make it a real time saving program.

Pros

I like the simplicity of taking pictures of receipts

Cons

Again; I don't like the incomplete reports. It always takes more time to transfer all my information to my report for my company. If the categories were all in the report - it would be much better for me and I have assume anyone who wants to save time with the reporting process to get reimbursed.

Hello! Can you explain what you mean by incomplete reports? Reports are exported based on the categories you select and included likewise. Please e-mail us at Support@itemizecorp.com with additional information regarding your incomplete reports.

GM

Gregory M.

Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees

A descent app.

Generally, I never have time to fill out a form and/standard expenses report. This is the only stand alone app that effectively allows me to log, organize and generate reports in a short time.

Pros

The easy way to photo record my receipts. The ease of creating and emailing my reports

Cons

1st, the application lacks in finding certain types of vendors. Not a lot of info in the provided lists to easily pic out the correct vendor. Especially with gas stations that have multiple locations in one community. 2nd, you don't allow for enough Tag entries. I'm a road sales guy and usually see more that 4 clients in one trip.

John C.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

Awesome program for those self employed

As a traveling evangelist, I cannot keep files with me at all times. Itemize has helped my expense tracking majorly. I can take a photo of my receipt, categorize it and move on. And, come tax season I can quickly and easily run reports for my deductions. I highly recommend it for anyone who constantly finds themselves spending hours tracking paper copies of receipts and then spending countless hours at tax season calculating. The price you pay for it is way less than you'd pay an accountant and the savings in deductions make the program pay for itself.

Cons

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! Please feel free to reach out to us at Support@itemize.com if you ever run into any issues!

RG

Ryan G.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Great for teams and business owners

I can't save a receipt to save my life and I keep getting scolded by my accountant. Even more difficult is getting the rest of my team to save theirs since they use company credit cards. With Itemize, it's easy for us to remember and actually save the receipts. I also love that my accountant can pull up everyone's in one place. Great product, we'll continue to use.

Pros

Ease of use, makes not saving receipts inexcusable.

Cons

Initial setup required a scanned agreement, felt outdated for an app. I'm sure that's been resolved.

Great to hear you are pleased with your Itemize experience! If you ever have any problems, please reach out to us at Support@itemize.com and we will be happy to help you!

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

It just about does the job.

Pros

It's easy to forward receipts to and it's one of the few tracking apps out there for receipts and my business. I used to use expensed which I was happy with but this is a good replacement.

Cons

It takes any and all email receipts and adds it to your expenses even when it doesn't apply to you business which makes you have to filter out everything that is applicable.

my experience has been mediocre

Photos of receipts.

Pros

I like the ability to take photos on the fly. I also like the ability to make reports with pictures of the receipts and a total.

Cons

I can't link different emails. It is slow. It is not very intuitive. Labeling things on the fly is not possible.

Susan W.

Professional Training & Coaching,

Useful and easy!

I liked this software a lot. The app was handy and useful. Occasionally, I had trouble with the receipts reflecting the correct amounts, but that was infrequent. Overall, it was very useful.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Sometimes read the receipt incorrectly.

Thanks for the great review! We are constantly improving our OCR technology to better read receipts based on user submissions! Please feel free to contact us at Support@itemizecorp.com with any future questions or suggestions!

Dragan F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Amazing app for business owners

Pros

This app is so easy to use, and i like how easy is to get data by simply capturing a receipt. I recommend it to everybody that hasn't tried it yet. Lots of options and reports. Business trips for example are piece of cake with Itemize.

Cons

There is no major con that i can complain about at this moment.

LP

Lai P R.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

General Receipt Records

Use program solely for recording receipts at time & convenience of recording to expense categories is adequate for the needs. Anymore complicated than that have not explored.

Pros

Convenient at time to quickly take copy of receipts log into expense category

Cons

The system shuts down often

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your suggestions and would love additional input as to what you mean on "picking up categories off sales receipts" as our system should be identifying categories of all known merchants in our system. Please contact us at Support@itemizecorp.com with additional information!

EW

Edward W.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

I enjoy the use of this app

I have used it for over a year there are things i like and things are a little chunky that could work better like reading the tip on the reciept If its clearly written in the right place.i do love i just take a picture and its there that part id great i would like a month review that i did bot havd to retrieve if it was email you print out keep the months then uou have the whole year. Instead of all the filters.

Pros

Picture ability

Cons

Need less filters and more main stream Monthly account sent to email

Thanks for the great review! We are actually rolling out a monthly report mailing e-mail starting early November, keep an eye on your inbox! Please feel free to reach out to us at Support@itemize.com for future any suggestions or questions you may have!

KO

Kevin O.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

This is just awesome.

I use this all the time on the go. It totally revolutionized my expenses and my client billing back for reimbursables..!

Pros

It's just so easy to navigate.

JW

Joshua W.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Love it, great app and value

Works great my only recommendation is snap your receipt asap. Don't let them pile up. I've found if you let the receipt get worn it is hard to read.

Pros

Good recognition

Cons

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to contact us at Support@itemizecorp.com with any future questions or suggestions!

CH

Christian H.

Design, 1-10 employees

Saves Time & Money!

Itemize works great and has saved a lot of time and money for me.

Pros

Itemize has been beyond wonderful for tracking my expenses. I can easily do it on my phone and computer so its super easy to organize my receipts.

Cons

I do wish the mobile app has more features to it for sorting receipts but we are still pleased with it.

BM

Bill M.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Keeps my bookkeeper happy !

Fantastic tool very resourceful so many categories to choose from and you can even customize categories based upon your business needs I work in the motion picture industry and this is absolutely the best tool I've had for on the road bookkeeping ever

Pros

Having it in my pocket on an app is the best way to take a picture of a receipt and throw it away

Cons

It takes a little longer than I expected to actually load pictures of the receipts

JC

Janai C.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

Simplicity

I like that it’s paper free and don’t have to worry about searching for my receipts all the time!!

Pros

That I can keep my receipts on the phone and it’s very Convient to do it while on the go!!

Cons

The navigation process of the app on how to find things as well as my yearly records seem hard to get easy access to!

SP

Scott P.

Best Expense Tracker I have found

This has really helped me out tremendously keeping receipts straight / assigned to the correct job and printing professional looking expense reports.

Pros

The best thing is the camera capture and OCR, you take a photo, it automatically loads into the app and starts to extract the data. I would say that 8.5-9 times of 10 the data extraction is prefect, yes every once in a while you need to clarify some data points, but I think that's to be expected with these type of application.

Cons

Logging into the website.. Sometimes its easier to work on the full website to modify / print large reports, but the login portal isn't the easiest to find.

CT

Christopher T.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Itemize Tank

Pretty well thought out. Few bugs regarding interface but not terrible. Mostly in the way it works with Excel or Google Sheets.

Pros

Tracking of expenses helps a lot.

Cons

Interface between programs.

Thanks so much for the great review! If you ever have any suggestions or questions in the future please reach out to us at Support@itemize.com.

NK

Nate K.

Awesome and Must Have!

Can't live without this app. Great for my business! I use this for all of my expenses. Recommend for everyone.

Pros

Everything

Cons

Nothing

MC

Michelle C.

Broadcast Media, self-employed

Itemize is a great app

It is making my business tracking so much simpler. I love that i reads all of the receipts i have sent by email and that taking photos of items converts so easily.

PJ

Paddy J.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Best expense management app around

It does exactly what it needs to, it keeps track of my expenses in a simple manner that also allows me to easily make reports end of the month to ensure I bill clients and keep my administration in check. Love it!

Pros

The app is so easy to use, and interfaces easily with excel to easily create reports I need.

Cons

The app could use some small adjustments to make it a little more attractive.

AM

Alan M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Perfect small business app accessory!

All my receipts in one effective cloud space with seamless reports functionality!

Pros

Easy to use and has all the functionality I need’

Cons

The inability to select default expense categories

AW

Andrew W.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Quick and Easy

No more paper. I click photo my invoices and receipts, wait a few seconds, then mostly all the info is there. Usually all that's needed is a description of what the receipt or invoice was for.

Pros

Cons

I can only take a photo of 1 page of and invoice or receipt.

PC

Phillip C.

Architecture & Planning, 1,001-5,000 employees

My most useful apps

This app makes budgeting and record keeping so easy i just snap a picture of my receipts and it does all of the work and allows me to get rid of mountains of receipts Itemize saves time, space and work one snap all done

Pros

Cons

Nothing