LessAccounting Reviews

LessAccounting

Accounting software for small businesses

LessAccounting

Review Summary

Pros

The Customer Support on this Easy to Use Accounting Software is Outstanding.

Cynthia R.

I love the automation in downloading statements. For years it worked nearly flawlessly.

Lara E.

Jason M.

Katie L.

Katie L.

Which accounts are failing to sync. How many times will I have to try to reauthenticate until it will work.

Lara E.

4.4

Everything you need, nothing you don't

LessAccounting helped me get my business' financial affairs in order.

Pros

Less Accounting makes keeping accurate books for your business very easy. The intuitive interface made getting started a breeze, and importing my banking information was super easy. From there the reconciling of accounts and assigning my expenses to the proper category took just a few minutes.

Cons

Nothing, it's very easy to use and the support is great.

Less accounting review

Overall good. With the exception of invoicing and reporting.

Pros

Expense tracking, account reconciliation and project tags

Cons

Creating invoices. We still use fresh books for our estimates and invoicing and then need to import them into less accounting. We've simply found that the fresh books invoicing is much easier to use, more intuitive and requires far less steps to manage overall. The less accounting invoice process seems somewhat backward in our opinion. Also in reporting there is no option to compare this year's revenue and profits with last year's revenue and profits. To me this should be one of the most basic features of any accounting package. The ability to see where your business stands versus the previous year or other periods.

Used to be great, but...

For several years I had a great experience with Lessaccounting. Now I dread opening it. Which accounts are failing to sync? How many times will I have to try to reauthenticate until it will work? Why? I haven't changed a thing in the login information. Will I ever get a response from the support tech? It's just dreadful now.

Pros

Cons

The deterioration in support. For many years, I'd get help almost instantly. The quality of the support was fantastic. There was a sense of humor in the company communications that made it fun to get in touch. In the last year or so, the support people never get back to me. Since the software is now working much more poorly than it did, this is even more distressing. Frankly, less accounting is no longer meeting my needs. I'm shopping for a better provider.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, Lara. It was immensely helpful. Over the past 12 we've made a lot of progress as a company. Our platform was enhanced with a new banking integrator, which made all the bank connection very stable. Our customer support and bookkeeping team has doubled in size and we now handle most customer requests within minutes - 20 hours a day 7 days a week. We're now a full service bookkeeping and accounting firm specializing on bookkeeping, tax filings, tax planing and strategy and budgeting. Our goal is to make our clients succeed by save $$$ on taxes and freeing up their time to work on their business. Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of any questions.

LessAccounting helped me grow my business

Overall, it has been a positive experience. It has saved me time in invoicing clients and has saved me valuable time during the dreaded tax season.

Pros

I've been using the accounting software as well as the bookkeeping services for nearly seven years. LessAccounting has helped me focus on what I do best by keeping my finances organized. The invoicing feature is also a HUGE help in collecting payments from clients quickly and easily.

Cons

Integration with my bank and my most commonly used services was easy to set up. They have recently made some big improvements that have addressed some of the issues I had in the past.

Better Alternative to Quickbooks

I'd say very positive. I would much rather use Less than Quickbooks.

Pros

I've used Quickbooks and Zero in the past, but Less Accounting is just simpler to use and manage. I feel like QB and others are just too complicated for my needs, and the support is awful and confusing, but Less has much better support.

Cons

Nothing really. The interface used to be a bit old, but they updated it so now it's very nice.

Using it for 8+ years and going...

Great support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

I like that it has everything I, pretty much, nothing I don't.

Cons

Perhaps I would like better integration with the editable areas of the invoices/proposals.

New Look Of Software

Your software is always easy to use.

Pros

The new look and all the things of importance all on the home screen is a great improvement.

Cons

at this time I can't find anything that I would ask you to improve on.

M Olson review - Less Accounting

Always friendly, prompt, kind and very knowledgeable customer service. Very happy as a customer!!

Pros

Easy to use with banking integration, report generation, manual journal entries, saves time, more coherent and user friendly than Quickbooks, current update has a nice modern feel to it.

Cons

Would like to be able to further categorize 'Other Income' as I have separate streams of income that need to be separated for tax return purposes, and internal tracking.

Great for Keep Track of Small Business Accounting

Very happy that I had it.

Pros

Easy to use, customer service is very attentive. It's a great way to stay organized when running a small business.

Cons

The account synching and auto-categorizing always seemed off.

Thanks so much for your feedback, Robert. We've recently integrated with a new banking partner, which made the bank connections very reliable.

Easy-Nice-Clean

Pros

Easy to implement and a lot of nice features added. The dashboard gives better picture of the numbers and with one click you can switch to different business and transactions. The automated part about categorizing expenses its awesome! When I will add the seamless customer support on this, you have the full package.

Cons

Limited invoice templates and sometimes the invoice links are not working, so I need to resend the invoices.

The Customer Support on this Easy to Use Accounting Software is Outstanding

Online customer support has been outstanding. They always get back quickly and have been responsive and have actually added features based on my feedback. Most recently they rewrote the recurring invoices piece to allow for searching recurring invoices after I asked for that. Wow! THAT is customer service!

Pros

Very easy to to use and am able to quickly complete my invoicing and bookkeeping.

Cons

On the Bank Statement Reconciliation under Reports, I would like to be able to collapse accounts down and then open them to reveal all of the Statements as I need to. I have quite a few accounts and with bank statement reconciliations going back 4 years, and my main checking account being the 6th account down in the list- it is A LOT of scrolling when I am reconciling that account.

A simple and easy accounting.

Pros

The interface of this software is very user friendly. This is a simple way to keep a track of your records. This software is easy to use. As the name suggests this can be used by the people who knows less accounting. This software can be used by small businesses and entrepreneurs who don’t want to spend more time for book keeping. This software also do friendly calculations of math even you are not good in math.

Cons

Because their tools are simple and easy to use so this can be used for simple accounting purposes. This software is not for you if you want to do complex accounting calculations. And you are limited to the tools available. This software cannot be used by the companies and growing businesses as it’s a small scale software. Because of the limited options if your pocket allows a good software then go for that one.

Perfect for Business Owners who don't

As a freelancer, I've been using LessAccounting to keep track of my finances. It's been a great tool that has allowed me to send invoices and proposals to my clients, see whether the invoices have been opened, import bank / Paypal transactions automatically, seamlessly categorize my transactions, and pull all the reports I need!

Pros

The way the software is set up allows someone who has ZERO experience in accounting or bookkeeping to get started right away with their bookkeeping! It was built for non-accountants and they live up to their promise of making everything easy enough for non-accountants to "DIY" their books.

Cons

I feel like features can be added for users who want to further personalize their bookkeeping in terms of more technical accounting, but keeping things simple seems to be effective in ensuring that the software can be picked up by anyone to start using it right away.

Didn't do what I wanted it to

Great idea, good service when I got them my statements, but ultimately the frustration of needing to export and re-export my own statements manually led me to seek another solution.

Pros

I purchased LessAccounting along with bookkeeping service to help me run my small business. What I liked best about it was that someone else would help me keep my books up to date and on track. When my bookkeepers had my information, they were fast and accurate.

Cons

Unfortunately, the software did not connect to my local credit union and could not automatically input my statements. This meant that I needed to do it manually each month, which I often failed to do. It was frustrating because I had purchased the service precisely so that I wouldn't need to touch it myself. On several occasions, the LessAccounting team was unable to work with the file I provided and I needed to go back and re-export. I understand some of this was my own fault, but the fact that it couldn't be automated in my situation frustrated me.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Katie. We've made great improvements over the last 2 years, which made banking connections extremely stable. Also, expanded banking integration to 1000s of local banks and other financial institutions. Lastly, we're now a full service bookkeeping and accounting firm providing services from tax filing to strategy and financial planning.

An Easy To Use Accounting & Invoice Software For Small Businesses

Using LessAccounting.com has been a pleasure. Before, I was using Quickbooksonline.com and my experience with the customer service was poor. I was eager to leave and knew about Less Accounting. Their tool was easy to use and quick to transition to. I love it and it makes my freelancing business easier to manager than before.

Pros

It is easy to use, and a simple program. Their support is great and they seem responsive to feedback for improvement and ideas. I expect to continue using them for years to come.

Cons

Their tools are simple, so you may find it limiting if you have more complex accounting needs.

LessAccounting Review

Pros

CSR's expertise resolving a problem accessing our account

Cons

There is nothing to say as I received all the attention we needed to solve a problem

Simple bookkeeping

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use with a clean and approachable UI. Since finance isn't my specialty, it's nice to see a software that understands that. I can track my finances and not spend hours trying to figure out the bottom line.

Cons

Since it is a simple software, some people might want or need something a little more robust. But, for freelancers or small entrepreneurs who don't need anything too crazy, it should fit the bill.

Great accounting software

Pros

This software does all the math heavy lifting for you so you dont really have to be a math person to accounting

Cons

this software has very limited functionalities versus other ones in this class. If you can afford more buy a better one

Impressive for small and non-complex businesses

Generating reports for financial statement preparation for client's year-ends

Pros

Good value for money for smaller, non-complex organizations as it provided the financial reports that you will desire

Cons

This is not scalable software if your business grows. Would also be beneficial if you could have more control over your invoices under this software.