MartusTools Reviews

Elizabeth A.

Janice C.

MartusTools was a wonderful investment for me and my team. Wonderful software and wonderful customer service.

Crystal D.

Cons

I am not a technical person. I did click on all the wrong things for a while.

Tammy B.

The current email invitation asks new users to "Reset their Password. I've had some users get confused by this initial email as they have never had a password before.

Tom L.

4.7

Martus Solutions is a great tool for budgeting

Pros

User friendly for most non-financial users. You can narrow your search by locations, departments, activities, funds and for Non-Profits is a very useful tool for anyone in the organization. The owner, Bill Cox is a very helpful person and is always looking for ways to improve the software. For non-financial users, the dashboards are very helpful.

Cons

There is no really anything that I don't like about this software. I will be using it to roll out our 2019 budget and we expect it will be a win for all users. I understand that no software is perfect. No matter what it is, there is going to be at least one tool that isn't up to par or a missing functionality. But I think that Martus Tools have been making improvements to the software.

My Best Accounting Technology Decision

Pros

Using MartusPlanner was straightforward for our leaders to learn and we completed our budget without any problems. Here are a few highlights of how Martus Planner has enhanced our budget process: - This system allows our ministry leaders to input, update, review, and reference their budgets on demand from anywhere they can get internet access. Gone are the days of multiple spreadsheets with multiple...

Cons

Based on feedback I have received from the ministry teams at my Church, the user interface could be simplified to help them navigate the program.

Just getting started with the software

Pros

Budget to actual reports look nice

Cons

Doesn't show budgets over an extended period of time Can't report on grants on a different fiscal year Hard to add new users Hard to add new budgets

Could be Better

Pros

Martus is the only budgeting tool that I have found that integrates well with our accounting software so that we can see accurate expenses vs. budget in real time.

Cons

It is hard for some non-accounting staff to use and understand, the options for displaying the data are difficult to navigate to be able to see what we want to see. Not as flexible as I would like with reporting. Most of the time we export the data from Martus to excel to view there.

Martus has helped us communicate financials much more quickly and efficiently

Pros

Accessible through the web and integrates with our users current sign on credentials. It allows us to be fully paperless when communicating our financial reporting and during budgeting process. It also allows us to quickly send out financials with a notification email that I trigger once entries are updated each month. It also seamlessly connects to our accounting software for continual updates on income and expenses without having to export and import manually.

Cons

Currently there isn't a mobile platform for accessing budget or financial reporting. You can view the webpage on your mobile device, but it isn't easy.

The staff is the most responsive of any group I have ever worked with. Installation we very quick.

Pros

The Planner provides an efficient and effective means for budgeting across several departments. It is easy to use for the department heads. They love the ease of use and the look at the actuals of the prior year. The product is constantly being updated and improved. The Dashboard provides a great look at key performance factors with easy to understand graphics, great for communicating with church leaders.

Cons

Because the Planner is essentially a once per year tool, it is sometimes difficult for me ( a technically unsophisticated user) to use it properly as the administrator. Largely it is a matter of remembering the proper steps from year to the next, while at the same time accounting for updates to the product that have been released. The staff especially, are so responsive to help me with my own insufficiencies.

Unbelievably positive experience with budgeting and reporting

Our budgeting process is made exceptionally more reliable and more efficient than ever before, replacing numerous spreadsheets and time-consuming meetings with department managers. We have entirely replaced the distribution of monthly departmental financial reports with the dashboards and reports built into MartusTools.

Pros

The support and training is fantastic. Onboarding and initial data load was completed within about 24 hours of executing the agreement. The software is quite intuitive and reduces the time spent budgeting and planning significantly, also allows department managers to participate more interactively in the process. Reporting is straightforward, even for non-financial managers to understand. Every request that we have submitted for support has been quickly and professionally responded to. Overall by far the best experience we have had with any software connecting to our ERP.

Cons

It is difficult to identify anything that we like the least about MartusTools. Step-by-step training videos might be helpful for each of the modules - especially the less-frequently used modules that we access on an annual basis.

One of my go to tools for budgeting and expense tracking

saves time and cuts down on questions from staff

Pros

Easy actual to budget comparison and being able to drill all the way down to the invoice. Our staff no longer needs access to our accounting software. They can do all they need right from Martus which is much easier for them to naviage.

Cons

Just a little clunky on the back end but it keeps improving. Want the ability to hide inactive dimensions.

Excellent experience from initial setup to ongoing use! Love the tool!

Transparency for budget owners; real-time feedback on actuals vs. budget; vastly streamlined budget creation process which puts the ownership in the hands of the budget owners.

Pros

The transparency it offer to budget owners in our organization is second to none! Built in Intacct reporting can be clunky and difficult to navigate for the non-financial team member, however, MartusTools makes it easy for team members to get real-time numbers from our GL.

Cons

Wish we could delete accounts and departments after they synced from Intacct to Martus instead of just hiding them.

Accounting Accountability

you simply can not manage what you can not see. expenses that were being made outside of our budgeting process were difficult to identify. now, thanks to this software, i am able to do daily audits and keep my departmental spending in check

Pros

This software has been tremendously helpful at keeping me accountable for the finances of m,y department. I am able to identify errors before they impact my overall monthly cashflow and audit my teams for their spending habits. we have cut down on many unnecessary purchases that wwere happening off the radar. It is hard to measure what you cant see.

Cons

I am not a technical person. i did click on all the wrong things for a while. With proper training, this tool is excellent but you just need to ask the right questions

Martus provides third party integration for budget management that our accounting software lacks.

Our accounting software, Intacct, does not offer budget managements for easy budget modifications, audit trail reports, or other budget related activity. Martus provides this functionality with ease and has been very supportive to meet our unique demands as a tribal government entity.

Pros

The software is easy to use and provides a simple interface to submit modifications or new budgets for our grant programs.

Cons

There is a limited number of permissions you can setup. In that I cannot grant a user to be able to view budget mods that are pertinent to their program but were submitted by other users. Editing worksheets to develop a working budget for future periods is easy, however you cannot mass delete lines and you have to export and then import the budgets to make them active.

Great for budgeting/ Getting better each update

Saved so much time during budget process. User friendliness means less tech time to explain the system. Unlimited users allows for the flexibility needed in churches.

Pros

Compiles budget easily. Easy for managers to use. Flexibility in financial reports Good integration with Intacct software No limit to number of users Good value. Excellent customer service

Cons

Updates happen on random dates. Would be helpful if they were scheduled. I would like to customize a financial report but have to download to Excel to do so. Still using Intacct for this report but being able to put it in MartusTools would help the user.

Martus solutions has been an excellent tool for our church!

Pros

We use Intacct for our accounting software and they charge by user so it is nice to be able to have unlimited users in Martus to view budget reports. Martus is super user friendly and has some additional tools that have helped us tremendously like the Budget Change Request tool and using their budget worksheets to collaborate between ministries and executives when planning for our next budget cycle. Bill is also ALWAYS super responsive and helpful so having great customer support is really awesome too.

Cons

Nothing! It's seriously so great. We are very pleased with Martus Solutions and I cannot think of any cons. They are always doing upgrades and quickly address any software upgrade suggestions which is really great.

Overall a great tool for budget monitoring - easy to use but lacks super user functionality

Accelerated budget process and integration into Intacct is invaluable.

Pros

The software is easy to use and understand. We have several non-finance oriented folks that with just a little bit of coaching can get what they need.

Cons

There is limited super user functionality - I dislike very much the inability to create my own reports/dashboards....have to used the Martus defined options which isn't always what I want to see. Also, dislike revenue and expense as the same sign..confusing.

I have found the interface very intuitive and easy to use!

Efficient, accurate budgeting software that syncs with our accounting software.

Pros

Ease of use; Integration with our accounting software (Intacct)- any change in the COA in Intacct can be easily synched with Martus Tools. Ability to move beyond using Excel as a budgeting tool; This software will enable us to manage the budget development process efficiently and effectively; The ability to consolidate in real time and in a way that minimizes the error prone process of linking multiple Excel spreadsheets is greatly appreciated.

Cons

I am a new user to Martus and so I have not run into any problems or disappointments so far. If I had any comment that could improve the user experience I would suggest the following: Revise the invitation email for new users slightly. The current email invitation asks new users to "Reset their Password". I've had some users get confused by this initial email as they have never had a password before.

Martus has been a lifesaver for us in our budget process.

Pros

It is extremely user-friendly for our end-users. It integrates well with our accounting software. Customer support has been great. Pricing is extremely reasonable and affordable, especially when compared to other options. Saves hours of time versus spreadsheet budgeting for multiple locations and departments.

Cons

Cannot do a "print screen"; many of our people would like to have this option. Integration with accounting software for budget numbers is one-way. Would like to have more comprehensive user documentation.

The Martus team is always quick to serve and consistent in checking in with us.

Pros

The ability to see budget variance numbers and then drill down to the transaction level data is a huge asset to our staff. It allows budget owners to notice a discrepancy at a high level and track it all the way to resolution.

Cons

The software continues to make improvements and strides, but the limitations on customizing visualizations and report views has kept us from fully engaging the tool sometimes.

I needed a solution that would consolidate many budgets and Martus works great for that.

This software replaces cumbersome Excel templates for budgeting.

Pros

Martus provides a good user interface for both administrators and users, ease of use, good exports to Excel and GREAT value for the money.

Cons

We do not use the dash board module. We subscribed to Martus Solutions for the budgeting functionality.

Martus Review

Pros

Reporting after budget is complete. Ease of data input.

Cons

comments/notes have to be re-entered month by month. Needs an annual comment function that would show for any given month.

Fantastic - easy to integrate with Intacct. Very user friendly.

Pros

Martus was very easy to implement. Once we figured out what dimensions we wanted to budget, it was very easy to integrate with Intacct. Users find it very easy to use. Several enhancements have been made to the system since we started using it.

Cons

Nothing - it is very affordable for what the product offers. We do not use it for reporting since we find the reports in Intacct sufficient.

Love Martus Tools. Absolutely makes my job easier when it comes to budgets and reporting.

Time savings, great analytics and ease of use.

Pros

It is intuitive. Product knows exactly what I need. Great flexibility for all divisions of our church. Easy for non-financial staff to interpret and navigate. Sorting functions along with drill down capabilities saves time in data analysis....information is right at your finger tips....up to date data!

Cons

That I don't have more time to learn all the features. It is just packed with sorting functions and reporting options. So other than lack of knowledge, I do not have anything I don't like.

Much easier to prepare and amend budgets in Martus and upload to Intacct than to do it in Intacct.

Pros

It's easy to set up users and define various roles. Import/export is quick and easy. Martus is quick to respond to questions.

Cons

I would like a way to add more detail about each budget line item; multiple items that make up the account total.

Martus Tools has been a great solution for our church staff.

Pros

- Seamless integration to Intacct accounting system - Provides non-finance managers real-time reporting with drill-down capabilities in easy to understand graphical reports. - Has streamlined our budget process and allowed us to put legacy Excel budget spreadsheets out to pasture.

Cons

In my relatively short experience with Martus Tools, I have yet been able to find a real negative that has been resolved with additional training or a work around. Our church does use Martus Tools for our Finance Committee. It would be nice to have some reports for balance sheet and cash flow to give Finance Committee a full financial picture. We are currently uploading PDFs of balance sheet and cash flow to Reports Portal.

Martus Tools Review

MartusTools was a wonderful investment for me and my team. Wonderful software and wonderful customer service!

Pros

This software is so user friendly for anyone. It is easier and it has made our budgeting 110% better!

Cons

I wish it let you change the budget periods, since we now do 6 month budgets. It can be challenging, but overall, it is wonderful.

Martus is user friendly and I am especially impressed by the customer support.

Easy to manage annual budget plan.

Pros

It is straight forward and easy to learn and to use. The customer support is very quick and helpful. I feel the customer support is there whenever you need it.

Cons

I don't use it a lot. Based on my experience of using Martus for budget, I don't have any feature that I don't like very much at this point.