All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Melio Reviews

Great Bill Pay Service

Pros

Melio is very easy to use. I love that you can upload the invoice and it preloads most of the necessary fields to process payments. Everything transfers over to our quickbooks accounts. The option to pay with our credit card is very convenient.

Cons

We are a pharmaceutical company and unfortunately cannot pay for our pharmaceuticals through Melio due to some compliance issues.

Great Idea! - poorly implemented, at least by Melio

Horrific customer support. Replies take hours. They are extremely slow, inexperienced and have no customer support interest. You are truly own your own with the platform and service. Melio also has no phone number, and eventually will stop responding.

Pros

Excellent way to pay contractors and check-only vendors with credit card

Cons

The system has many flaws, their credit card authorization platform confuses the Company address and the credit card billing address resulting in AVS mismatches when authorizing. Only work around is to change company address and card billing address to match. Melio refuses to acknowledge this issue. Also Melio's system does not have real-time CC authorization, it takes several hours.

Melio Professional Review

Melio helped me to liquidate cash so that I could invest in a higher ROI investment. The process was simple and I am very satisfied with their service.

Pros

I love the low fees and the promotions for liquidating cash from credit cards.

Cons

Not much of a downside to the service here. It is pretty straightforward.

What an awesome software!

This software is easy to use and I use it nearly every day.

Pros

Free to send checks! Easy to use! Syncs with my accounting software. Remembers my vendors.

Cons

Not being able to add bills in batches. Not being able to email in bills.

Garbage

The chap I have been dealing with on the helpdesk has been lovely but his hands are tied. This mess is all the compliance area. What a disaster.

Pros

I originally liked it because our customers could choose to pay by their bank account with no fees. We are a preschool serving a diverse range of socio-economic backgrounds and being able to pay online made it easy for our families to pay their tuition fees without incurring extra costs.....BUT

Cons

We trialed it, then used it with a couple of parents and it worked well....FOR 1 MONTH!! Now they can't (won't) verify us as a company! It appears that they don't have the systems that make this an automated transaction platform. Real people at their company are deciding each month what they will allow and not allow - how bizarre is that!

Hi Lynne, we are sorry you feel this way. Without getting into the specifics of your case, Melio is a business-to-business payment tool, allowing small business owners to make payments to other businesses online. For compliance reasons, we cannot approve transactions in which one or more of the parties is not a business. We would be happy to discuss the details via a separate channel and you are welcome to contact our support team at any time. All the best, Team Melio.

A great service overall

Pros

Straight to the point - it simply and effectively works.

Cons

I haven't run into any issues so far. No complaints!

Hi Dante, thank you for posting such a great review. Glad to hear you have had no issues with us :-) All the best, Team Melio

Nightmare experience followed by horrible support - run away fast

Like having your business murdered.

Pros

It doesnt have any pros compared to the damage it caused us

Cons

It made us a victim of fraud and their support team is even more inadequate than quickbooks online support.

Great Solution for Payments

Pros

We primarily use Melio to pay vendors that we can't pay online. It works great for that purpose! Simply enter the invoice, go through the steps of setting up the payment, and it processes the payment without me having to print, stamp, and mail checks.

Cons

I wish that it would sync the address info with Quickbooks. We have to enter it in both places currently.

Horrible Customer Service

Very poor responses from Customer Service. They have held my client's money captive for two weeks while they investigate. A check was marked as deposited and it was a different check completely. Different vendor and $ amount. It wasn't even a check for my client's vendor! It takes 2 days to get a response when I have to follow up. Overall, they suck.

Pros

Easy to use if you are only ACH'ing money.

Cons

Checks are lost, sent twice, logged as deposited when not.

Hi MaDonna, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Without publicly getting into the specifics of your case, we can confirm that the issue has been addressed and we are sending you a refund. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you need any further assistance: support@meliopayments.com. Sincerely, Team Melio

A Fly By Night Waste of Time

Huge Waste of Time!

Pros

None. Could not get the service to accept payments.

Cons

After providing numerous links to clients on our new option to accept Credit Cards and ACH Debits, we ran into a wall with Melio rejecting our payments due to their inability to verify our account. They then do not respond to their support emails their compliance emails nor do they accept any kind of calls. After frustrating a vast array of my clients I decided to move on and cut my losses with these scammers. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME with these guys!

The best and last payment software I will ever use

Super easy to get paid as a freelancer and my clients love the options.

Pros

It’s so easy to get paid as a freelancer

Cons

No downsides that I can think of. It would be nice to have a mobile app.

Great overall but could use some improvements

I've had some slow responses in the past when transactions haven't gone through smoothly but overall I've been happy with their customer service and their service.

Pros

It's easy to use and it does what it advertises.

Cons

I don't like that the fees get lumped into one big payment. I would prefer separate bills for each transaction fee. I would also like to have the option to see when a check was deposited by the vendor (and see a copy of the check) instead of having to reach out to customer service each time.

Needs met

Pros

This fills the needs for us to manage our business when we're on the road.

Cons

Haven't had any real issues with the software.

We love Melio

As a small business owner my time is limited and I love that Melio feels like my partner!

Pros

I usually pay vendors with Melio and it is so easy to plan ahead!

Cons

I can’t think of anything. I really like your service!

Hi Svilena, thank you so much for taking the time to write such an excellent review. We appreciate your business and our partnership and are so happy to learn we have made your life as a small business owner easier - it's what we're here for! All the best, Team Melio

Simple & Efficient

Simple & Efficient - I cannot believe that it took that long for someone to create such a service. Very happy user and will be recommending to my other friends running small businesses.

Pros

The app was intuitive and did not require multiple layers of registration which is annoying when dealing with financial related entities

Cons

I wish that the 2.9% was cheaper. Looking for possibilities also to pay vendors who are not located in the USA.

Not on time

If Melio does not deliver your payments on time I don’t see how it will benefit companies.

Pros

Modern, ease of use, could be useful and a good idea.

Cons

No matter the date you choose they are late processing and will make you late on due dates.

Makes paying vendors and suppliers so easy!!!

Great, simply great!!!

Pros

Very easy to use user interface, was able to log right in and immediately start setting up payments. Love the options of ACH and check payments, options in my line of business are always a plus!

Cons

I would like to see our business logo on the checks, branding is important to us at all service levels.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.