Mint Reviews - Page 2

Fantastic Financial Aggregator

I login to Mint daily to ensure no suspicious activity on my account and their alerts about my credit report are helpful reminders.

Pros

Once I connected all my accounts this is a great way to have a consistent snapshot of my financial standing on a daily basis.

Cons

Occasionally there are connection issues that seem to occur with the same accounts with little idea on how to resolve fully. Also there are some financial institutions I have accounts with that will not connect.

Makes Managing Finances Easy

Easily track day-day-day credits and debits of all accounts.

Pros

Mint is a phenomenal program to help me keep track of every penny (pretty much) that is going in and out of my various accounts daily. Additionally, I can track bills and get suggestions. I'm an avid user and for good reason.

Cons

It sometimes cannot connect to certain accounts and as a read-only platform, it's not intended for robust transacting.

Perfect for personal budget

Pros

I like that my husband and I both can see where we're at with our budget at any given point, and easily adjust each category depending on what we have coming up that we might need to save for. That helps me plan what hours I'm working as well.

Cons

It seems to disconnect pretty frequently from syncing with my bank account, but I'm not sure if it's a security feature.

Favorite software of the year

Overall Mint is my favorite software of the year! I love how it's a powerful but also simple-to-use tool for managing my finance and giving me a peace of mind. Thanks Mint!

Pros

I really love how Mint is so intuitive to navigate and offers everything I need for managing my personal finance. I could link it with my bank accounts easily, and it displays the amounts in all the various accounts nicely categorized and quickly refreshed. It shows my monthly spending with different categories, so I could painlessly track my spending and stay on budget.

Cons

My only complaint is the categories of my spending are sometimes wrong, and it's a hassle to go back and change the categories so the data visualization tools such as the pie chart displays correct information. I wish there's an easy way for Mint to automatically categorize my spending better, perhaps learning from big data of various users?

Very useful app to manage your finances.

It saves me time and mint made it easy to over look my finances in one page.

Pros

Mint can link your credit card, bank account, investment, and your assets all together. Therefore, you don't have to go to several website to check your balances.

Cons

Sometimes it tries to link account you don't really want to link it to your mint account. Other than that, it is very useful.

Unbelievable!

The best way by far to track your finances and budget.

Pros

Mint is a great way to track all your personal finances, the mobile interface is great and it is easy to link all your accounts.

Cons

Nothing bad to say here, at points it was hard to link certain accounts and they would not refresh, but those issues have for the most part been resolved.

Great central place for finances

Pros

I really like how Mint can be used anywhere regardless of your location. Unlike certain software where you have to access your locally on your desktop (i.e. Quicken), Mint provides you with the flexibility of editing your transactions online. It also allows me to add all finance mediums, including loans and installments.

Cons

Mint is still lacking a lot of features, including the ability to import .csv files or to filter transactions through a specific date range. Hopefully these features get added soon.

The best alternative for personal finance tracking

It is still the best free-to-use personal finance tracking. If you can handle the ad and regular manual adjustment to correct the automatic categorization, Mint would work for you.

Pros

Mint is free to use, feature-rich personal finance tracking. Mint supports all major financial institutions and automatically download user's transactions. It provided a meaningful overview of personal wealth, income statements with categorized expenses.

Cons

Since it is free to use, Mint uses ad which may distract end-user. The automatic categorization makes the same mistakes until the user applies manual adjustments. The manual adjustment process is slow and has not been updated for at least 3 years.

Great resource for keeping up with all your financial information

Pros

Mint is a great tool for creating budgets, managing your spending, managing investments, and tracking and paying bills. You can even keep tabs on your credit score. You can also set reminders about upcoming bills and alerts for any unusual spending activity. The best part is the app is completely free.

Cons

I'm not sure how I feel about using an app that links all your banking information and credit cards into it. Sure, they say your data is encrypted, but time and time again we have seen all other companies get hacked at some point or another. Also many financial institutions have started implementing these same tools that Mint offers, in which case you wouldn't need to use many of the features that Mint is capable of.

Effortless way to monitor finances

I use Mint to keep track of my personal finances. It's easy to use and has a lot of great features. It's also completely free! It's a great option for people just getting into personal finance.

Pros

Mint is a simple yet very thorough app. You can add multiple bank accounts, and credit cards so that you have all your accounts in one place. I really like how Mint categorizes purchases and keeps track of your spending history for you and lays it out in an easy-to-read graph. I also like how educational the app is. Mint offers a lot of information regarding credit cards and investment options specifically for you.

Cons

Sometimes the app will close out randomly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it continues to do it occasionally. Other than that minor glitch I haven't experienced any problems with Mint.

Great for budgeting and tracking spending

Pros

Mint is excellent for our financial planning and tracking money flow on a monthly basis. The dashboard breaks down spending in a pie chart and has been very easy to see areas of over spending and generally how our money is being spent.

Cons

You need to link accounts with Mint in order to get financial info into the app. Personally I have had a hard time with linking accounts from some vendors link my mobile company. Other than that you might need to train mint to correctly allocate money into different "buckets" For instance you might buy food at a gas station and the money is automatically listed as spent on Vehicle

Missing some nicer features, but the price is right!

Pros

You can't beat the affordability of the program. Their ad-free version is only $1 a month, and ad-supported is free. It is easy to connect multiple bank accounts, loans, etc. It is easy to add custom transaction types and tags so you can search and sort on whatever criteria you set. Works best for reporting on past transactions.

Cons

Certain bank accounts seem to get disconnected more often than others, and it can be a pain to reconnect. Not a great tool for financial forecasting or tracking future income and bills. Works better for reporting on expenses that have already occurred.

My favorite App, easy to use , and gives you an idea of where your money went . It sends notification for the due date ,list of due bills, love it.

Pros

Easy to use and gives you an idea of where your money went . It sends notification for the due date ,list of due bills, love it.

Cons

Too easy , need to add more figures and reports and has issues with the connectivity some times . It has to have to option to connect with a tax program.

Aggregates all your banking information

Pros

Mint took over another app I was using to track bills. Now that Bills and accounts are located within the same app it is easier than ever. While Mint is free you will get ads directed towards you, however once in a while they are actually relevant to what I need. Easily navigated passed. Integrates with most accounts.

Cons

Mint sometimes will struggle connecting to an account based on security questions. I have about 25 accounts hooked up and it fails on 2-3 on a monthly basis. Typically you click it and reconnect and are fine, but frustrating when it doesn't update the correct budget information.

A great app that helps me focus on the big financial picture

Pros

It is easy to see and manage all of my finances in one place. It pulls all of my financial info into one place. One of my favorite parts fo Mint is that I can see graphically how my net worth has changed over time. It was very hard to do this in the past because I would have to go to many different websites in order to get the total. It does a great job at syncing most of my online accounts. I also like that you can get your free credit score from them as well.

Cons

Nothing is perfect and Mint does have some problems. It gets caught up often with accounts that have two-factor authentication and often asks me to re-login into accounts too often. I don't use it for budgeting because it far too often miscategorized transactions.

Great app

Pros

Easily shows you all your accounts. Reminds and notifies you of due dates. Shows your budget in it's entirety

Cons

Most transactions are preset so it's a pain to change which transaction into a different category. Alsoc better real time account updates

I love Mint

Pros

I love Mint. It's great to follow all of your expenses. It also allow you to check your credit score.

Cons

The last update has a terrible UI. I'm pretty sad because I used like the Mint iOS app. I hope that they will revert it.

Perfect for a first time budgeter

My husband got me hooked on mint! The idea of budgeting was intimidating before, but with mint's ease and organization, I'm addicted! I love the program. I love that I can create new budgets, split purchases between budgets, and create budgets that roll over between months.

Pros

Splitting purchases between budgets is a huge advantage! SO easy to set up and to get all your transactions in one place.

Cons

I wish the budgets I wasn't using (for example "restaurants" instead we have a "eating-out/fun" budget) didn't have to show up all the time if I wasn't using them. I also wish you could have multiple logins for one mint account.

Mint software review

Pros

Ease of reviewing my financial status and helps with tracking my budgeting and spending.

Cons

It sometimes doesn't link to my accounts and requires reentering and/or updating my linked accounts.

Great Budgeting and Financial Tracking Tool

I really like having one spot where I can go to monitor all of my balances and transactions.

Pros

I felt that Mint helped capture and synthesize the most important data that I would need when budgeting and monitoring my financials to help me keep track, sort, organize income and purchases and help make informed financial decisions.

Cons

I felt that sometimes it was a bit difficult to link accounts into Mint, and occasionally when I log in, I would have to re-initialize the relationship with the financial institution to get the data that I needed.

Great Product Until it Loses Your Notes

There are things I love (which is why I keep using it), but there are also things that are super frustrating that keep my husband asking me why I'm still using it.

Pros

I love being able to see a quick visual of where the money is going or has gone and what I have in investments, etc. It's great for ongoing tracking, etc.

Cons

I don't like that after the new month I can't go back and make any kind of correction and I HATE it when I move an expense to the right budget category and put notes in about an expense and then I go back and it has completely lost everything.

The Missing Puzzle Piece For Financial Management

I have been using Mint for years, and recommend it to anyone who wants a more convenient at-a-glance view of their financial transaction data.

Pros

Mint is useful for aggregating transactions and account information from multiple banks or card companies. I have yet to find a similar app that matches Mint's straightforward approach.

Cons

Mint always tries to nudge you to apply for a new financial service (like a new credit card or loan). I realize this is their business model, to use what they know about you to serve targeted ads, but it can become a nuisance.

Double Mint

Mint has allowed me to keep up to date with payments, it breaks down all the places I tend to spend money and allows me to better allocate for future months so I can see my purchase trends and address them.

Pros

The ability to budget monthly and monitor my credit score as well as account balances is top tier. The interface is also incredibly intuitive and user-friendly.

Cons

No cons thus far to report. There isn't an overabundance of advertisements or things pay-walled that would cause issues for most users.

Minty Fresh App

As a business guy I knew where my money was coming from and where it was going as it relates to my business. However, in my personal finances I did not have a clue about either of these. I did not know how much I was making (I had a general idea) nor did I know how much I was spending on what. Finding out about and using Mint changed all of that.

Pros

Easy to use, works on my smart phone, keeps track of all my personal finances, emails me with alerts and updates, makes suggestions as to how to improve my saving and spending and keeps an eye on my credit card.

Cons

It's free so I have to deal with ads. It sometimes kicks me out of my online banking and finance sites due to too many log in attempts.

Great way to manage finances & keep track of spending

Pros

I use Mint to keep track of all my accounts (banks, credit cards, investments, retirement, kids' college saving accounts). It gives me a quick view into how much cash I have, credit card balances, how my investments are doing. I also like being able to look at all my purchases across all accounts, categorize them (mostly this happens automatically), and look at spending trends. Lots of good information is available in the graphs.

Cons

Automatic transaction categorization could be improved (sometimes it might identify a gas station purchase as a restaurant, for example). It's pretty common for Mint to have issues connecting to one or more of my accounts, even if there is no problem on the bank's side (ie the problem is with Mint only). Also, you have to share all your passwords with Mint, which some people will be uncomfortable with.