Mint Reviews - Page 3

Good budgeting software

Pros

Easy to set budgets and track progress through the month.

Cons

Some purchases are not updated quickly and will be placed in wrong categories.

Great for consumers, simple features, reliable

Pros

The website dashboard shows me my monthly budget as well as individual budgets. I like that it guesses a good budget for various categories based on my spending. It helps me set aside money for various goals and it can incorporate ALL of my online logins to various banks, credit cards, mortgage and loan services, and investments. Very comprehensive access.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't show me my individual budgets at a glance, and it's more difficult to customize than I would like.

Needed budget tool

Pros

Our agency has utilized this budgeting app as we are a non-profit and funds can be limited. It's critical for our agency to be on top of our spending and where our money is going to. Mint makes it easy for us by laying out our monthly budget and also helping us track purchases.

Cons

Our agency has not found anything we dislike other than our cards sometimes becoming unlinked and we have to relink them which is simple.

Made Budgeting Easier

Pros

For a young millenial like me, this is an AMAZING product. I love the fact that I have total control over all my finances and can view it all from one place. There are great graphics and charts to let you know how you are doing with your budget and alerts when you spend more than your allotted amount. It even has great advice on how to live with greater financial peace and special offers that will help you maximize benefits out there. I love this product!

Cons

No cons. I can only speak well of Mint and will continue to use it in the long term. I hope to access more of the features that it offers.

One of the Best Budgeting Tools

Overall, very impressed and I will continue to use this app for a long time.

Pros

I love how easy it is to export financial data into excel to further analyze. I also like the built in graphics and reports mint gives to help me get a quick understanding over my financials.

Cons

I am not a fan of the goal setting feature. It sets it up as a contribution that comes out of my budget, but I would like it more if it takes the net income and applies it to my goal.

Easiest way to understand personal finances

Pros

I love how it pulls all accounts into one spot, and that you can choose which accounts to view or ignore in reports. It makes it really easy to get a general idea of how much your spending on specific and broad categories.

Cons

I found the set up took me a while to figure out when you have multiple accounts, I toyed with Quickbooks online, desktop, Budget, and 2 others, but kept coming back to mint as it's the easiest.

Helpful financial insights

Overall, this is one of the best personal finance apps out there. Would highly recommend.

Pros

I love that I can use Mint to track my personal spending. It’s great that you can link your bank accounts and see where your money is going each month.

Cons

If you’ve ever had another account with Intuit, it can be challenging to have it deleted from Mint. I had trouble removing an account I no longer use.

Great for budgeting

This was a great tool for me when I first budgeting as a college student

Pros

This is a great tool for people who just beginning to budgeting. Mint let’s you set a budget goal for each of the categories and send you alarm when you exceed them.

Cons

Sometimes the app still can’t differentiate different transaction and made mistake, which messes up the budget cap for each categories

Didn't think about finances until Mint made it easy for me

Pros

Not going to lie, I was pretty bad at planning my financial life before Mint. I didn't track anything and didn't really pay attention to what was going out and coming in. Mint makes it easy to see all of this and even breaks out your expenses by type so you can analyze what parts of your life you need to monitor. It has excellent integration and works with multiple banks.

Cons

More robust features such as credit card repayment plans or financial planning would be an amazing feature.

Work most of the time

Helpful in knowing my financial health so there is no surprises

Pros

It organizes all of your finances into one place. So you know exactly how much money you have and what you don’t

Cons

Certain financial institutions do not work on the platform. They are adding them all the time but I am still missing some

I can finally get serious about my finances !

Pros

Mint did help me a LOT to manage my budget as it's directly connected to my bank accounts and this changes everything ! Great job, guys !

Cons

Why not adding some new format to visualise the transactions, a couple of new features also and more languages, would be great.

All under one roof

Pros

Very comfortable and easy to navigate and review the bank and credit card accounts. Dashboard is awesome. Expense and earning seen in one page.

Cons

Few banks and credit cards not supported.

Vlg

It is a pretty helpful progarm for managing your finances

Pros

Basically, you can see at glance all your spending and income

Cons

Maybe better transfer data from other institutions like banks,credit cartds etc

I have used Mint for years and haven't found anything better

I have had a good experience overall

Pros

I like that it keeps track of all my personal expenditures in one place.

Cons

It cannot connect to all my accounts and it often disconnects from others.

Great money tracking app

Pros

Automatic tracking of money! It reduced so much of my time trying to organize my spending.

Cons

Because the tracking is automatic, sometimes you could overlook some spendings.

Love this app for finances

Pros

I like that I can create budgets in the Mint app, and get updates or recommendations on where I'm spending money. I have a couple credit score apps as well but I like that it's built in to Mint as well.

Cons

Honestly no cons, other than it forces me to stay on budget! It's a great free service that helps me and I'm sure it's helping other young professionals with no prior finance experience.

Great idea, but keep in mind a lot of other apps do the same

Pros

This is great for people looking to get a hold of their finances. I love the idea and I think that everyone should have an app of this type in their 'arsenal' so to speak

Cons

There are a lot of purchases that I have to go in myself and categorize for the first time. It doesn't take too long, but I wish that the app was able to do this natively itself.

Free

If you want a cheap, basic, easy and good software try out MINT.

Pros

The best thing about mint is that it is FREE. I have used Quickbooks and Freshbooks and had many issues with them.

Cons

I haven't found any issues so for using Mint. You can do basically most thing that you would pay for on mint and its free.

Budget must have!!

Overall, Mint really saves me time, energy, and headaches!!

Pros

The budgeting features provided by Mint are amazing!

Cons

I absolutely love using Mint and have no unliked features.

Great Cloud Based Financial Tool

Pros

Mint is a great tool for keeping track of finances through excellent budgeting tools, reporting, and expense tracking.

Cons

The desktop version definitely outshines the mobile applications, but being able to categorize a transaction on your phone shortly after it happens and deal with the more complex elements on the PC isn't that bad.

Free and trusted software

I trust Intuit(company that made TurboTax) and I wouldn't want to link my bank accounts and stuff to a random budgeting service.

Pros

It's free, has a lot of functionalities, and owned by Intuit. I like how I can sync all my financial services in one place and track my expenses that way, and the charts for spending and net worth is nice to to look at.

Cons

The UI is a little bit clunky(desktop and mobile) because there are competitors with way better UI(although some cost money).

Good tool to manage your money

Although there are advertisements, I have not yet found a better alternative. Mint did save me a lot of money, so I will continue to use this app.

Pros

If you have multiple bank accounts, managing these bank accounts may be a hassle. Mint can help you solve this problem. You can link all of your bank accounts to Mint, and then just log in to Mint to view the transaction records of all your bank accounts. At the same time, you can also set the budget for each category in Mint. If your spending exceeds your budget, Mint will also remind you.

Cons

There are a lot of ads in Mint's UI, which is annoying. This is a free software, so advertisements may be unavoidable, but it still cannot change its annoying nature. And sometimes my linked bank account will be unlinked. I haven't figured out what caused this problem.

A super free, Simple and easy software for handling financial management.

I am Very glad to be a part of Mint user, i am so familiar with Mint in a very short period of time is just because of its user-friendly interface and its alerting features.

Pros

I like its powerful alert system, which notifies you not only bill reminder or late fees but also about budget in a category. liked it.

Cons

I guess Synchronization is only a weak factor for Mint. Sometimes,while syncing with bank breaks and may takes a longer time to get resolved.

Mint combines my financial information in a simple, visually appealing way

Pros

Mint gives me a crystal clear picture of where we stand financially across all of our accounts, cards, etc. We love using the trends and budgeting features to understand where our money is going and what changes need to be made to tidy up.

Cons

I wish there was a way to get us engaged with mint on a more consistent basis. If there were more useful notifications on specific spend and trends, I would utilize it in real-time rather than retroactively once my spend has already taken place.

Mint is a great option for personal finance.

Pros

Mint has a very user-friendly platform that allows users to compile and review their personal finance information. Along with credit monitoring, Mint gives you a good overview of your net worth. The budgeting tools are simple enough for an everyday person to use but provides correct information in a streamlined process. The overall design is appealing and easy to decipher.

Cons

There is no longer an option for bill pay.