Namu Logo

Namu

Cloud-based financial management software for freelancers

Namu Pricing, Features, Reviews and Alternatives

Namu product overview

Price starts from

Per month

Per Feature

What is Namu?

Namu is a cloud-based financial management software designed to help freelancers manage invoicing, retirement and tax planning, accounting, and reporting, among other processes on a centralized platform. Self-employed professionals can view their tax obligations, calculate required savings based on income or expense levels, and schedule recurring invoices according to individual requirements.

Key benefits of using Namu

Namu allows customers to:
*Invoice and manage cash flow from clients
*Accurately deduct income and expenses
*Calculate retirement contributions
*Real-time calculation of tax liability
*Financial reporting and analytics
*Access advisors for expert guidance

Typical customers

Functionality

4.0

Total features

2 categories

Most valued features by users

Reporting & Statistics

5.0

Positive reviews

• Likelihood to recommend9.5/10
Rating distribution

Namu is the best financial platform specifically for freelancers

Overall, Namu has been very easy to use and worth every dime. It has what I need and trims away a lot of the stuff I don't need, which makes it really cost-effective. Their customer support has also been very prompt and responsive in helping me with getting onboarding and answering any questions I've had.

Pros

The invoicing system is very robust. I was able to connect with my existing Stripe account and start getting paid instantly. My clients can very easily pay invoices by card or ACH. I was also able to connect with my bank account and credit card. Namu downloads my transactions so that I can link deposits from Stripe to invoice payments and categorize expenses to find deductions. All of my income and expense data flows into their tax planning tool which helps estimate my quarterly taxes. Never have I found a tool that did this so accurately! Namu also has a simple-to-use retirement planning solution that can use my accounting data.

Cons

Namu has a user interface that is a bit complex at times, like with the tax planning feature. However, the entire system is currently undergoing a facelift that has made it much easier to use. I would like to offer PayPal payments, especially to my international clients. This is a feature request that Namu does plan to soon roll out though.

Built just for self-employed professionals? Yes, please.

All in all good. Excited to see the next iteration because I really want the retirement module so I don't have to worry about my future.

Pros

It's easy to set-up and they have excellent customer service. As part of the free trial, I got an hour of call time with the founder, who wound up forming my LLC and got me up and running on the platform. As a female entrepreneur, I was happy to see that they were gender agnostic - I've found a lot of other platforms not helpful in helping to answer the basic questions. So glad I found Namu.

Cons

As with any software, there are bugs, but Namu is constantly updating the software and the best part, is that as a user I can hotjar a bug or give feedback. It's a great solution IMO.

Namu FAQs and common questions

Q. What type of pricing plans does Namu offer?

Namu has the following pricing plans:
Starting from: $5.00/month
Pricing model: Subscription
Free Trial: Available

Q. Who are the typical users of Namu?

Namu has the following typical customers:
Freelancers

Q. What languages does Namu support?

Namu supports the following languages:
English

Q. Does Namu support mobile devices?

Namu supports the following devices:
Android, iPad, iPhone

Q. Does Namu offer an API?

No, Namu does not have an API available.

Q. What other apps does Namu integrate with?

Namu integrates with the following applications:
PayPal, Square Payments, Plaid, Stripe

Q. What level of support does Namu offer?

Namu offers the following support options: