Patriot Payroll Reviews

Patriot Payroll

Patriot Software helps you keep your time and money!

1,633 reviews

User friendly program

Definitely a time saver!

Pros

Easy to use and removes the hassle of paperwork filings.

Cons

Nothing negative comes to mind...love the software.

Patriot Payroll Software

I have lowered my expenses and adding employees is much easier than previous software used.

Pros

Once the product was set up, the user interface is very helpful. The price is competitive and filings are done timely. I get notifications when the Quarterly tax filings are completed.

Cons

When there are banking holidays, you have to not include Saturday Hours or move your paydate from a Friday to a Monday. I did not have this with my previous payroll provider.

Great company to work with!

Really great! Very happy with them and my brother uses them and recommended them to me.

Pros

The software is easy to use and easy to find what you need, and customer service is ALWAYS available and helpful when I need assistance.

Cons

Sometimes when I try and run a report and save it, it didn't seem to want to hold the data, but I found if I "export as PDF" then it worked. I use a MAC. My brother uses a PC and he couldn't seem to save his reports as he couldn't find the same option I used. This is important when trying to get documents to lenders (especially during the virus and trying to apply for PPP loans, etc)

Easy to onboard and even easier to run payroll

I'm saving time with Patriot Payroll and payroll doesn't seem to be a chore now.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the product. It is just very easy to use.

Cons

I haven't found out anything that I don't like thus far.

Thanks Scott! We are so happy we've taken the payroll burden out of your life!

Payroll made simple

After reading reviews of many online payroll providers, I came across Patriot Software. They offered everything and more than the others but the monthly cost was much more attractive. To top it off they offered two months free! So I decided to give Patriot a try. I've been a customer now for almost a year and couldn't be happier. We build custom cabinetry and bookkeeping/payroll is something that does not come naturally, at all, not to mention making all the quarterly filings. Patriot makes running payroll so simple, log on, enter hours and you are done. There is also an employee portal where employees can log in and have access to all their payroll information. I highly recommend Patriot Payroll, trust me if I can run a payroll anyone can!

Pros

Great online and phone customer service. I had to call a couple of times when first setting the company up. My questions were answered quickly and we were up and running. I also like the ability to print W2's at Year end.

Cons

Patriot Payroll Software is extremely easy to use!

Pros

I believe that Patriot Software is extremely user friendly, inexpensive, and the customer support is top notch.

Cons

I have found that sometimes there can be long wait times for customer service to become available. However, once they are available, customer service is able to answer all of my questions.

Great software

I'm new to this side of business. Patriot Software helps me do all the stuff I don't know. Their customer service is fantastic. When I couldn't finish my set up in one sitting, I got an email after a couple days from one of their reps. She asked how things were going and if I needed help. That should my business is not just another tally mark for them. The set up is easy and very straight forward. They use plain english and if you don't know what something is, the little question mark will tell you. All around, it's a great piece of software!

Cons

Chicone, we're so happy to hear that you had a positive experience! We strive to cater every part of our software to small business owners -- especially for those that are new to business. You're much more than a number to us and we're grateful to have you as a customer. Thanks for the review!

Great Program! Great Customer Service!

Pros

VERY EASY to set up. Easy to do my payroll (weekly, monthly) Excellent customer service. Always available to help out if I get stuck. I don't have to worry about making deposits for payroll withholding.

Cons

Can't complain about anything so far! I am very happy that I chose this product for my payroll.

I recommend Patriot to all my clients!

Pros

It's extremely affordable, especially considering that it can do ALL of the payroll filings and deposits for you! Comparable services are either much more expensive or simply don't do the state filings. Customer service is phenomenal, I have never had trouble getting help for my clients.

Cons

There are a few quirky things that make it not 100% perfect, but with the price and great customer service, the couple of minor flaws are really no big deal.

Very easy to work with, unbeatable service

Pros

I have used another large company payroll service. I started looking into other services after I was double billed and sustained over 33% increase from prior year. I found Patriot Software with google search. Found no complaints against the company. Found BBB has them rated as "A+". They offer more services than my other company and just a little less cost. During my investigation, so many times the big media outlets praised my old company for price, service, etc. I have to say Patriot Software has exceeded my expectations during the purchase/setup/usability phase. Keep up the great work.

Cons

None at this time. Since I am pretty new with the company, I can't say something may come up.

Easy to use and excellent payroll software

Pros

Easy to use Affordable price Responsive customer service

Cons

I cannot export time sheet from When I work

Good value and functionality

Pros

Patriot was very easy to set up and customer support was very good, providing answers quickly when necessary. For the most part I did not need their help. Online help was very comprehensive and I had no problem following the steps I needed to get it set up. I have been using it for a month now and have had no problems.

Cons

The feed that is downloaded to quickbooks in the form of a journal entry provides no information by employee name; a lump sum total is deducted from the bank account so that you have to refer back to the Patriot web site in order to reconcile the bank account and to research anything regarding employee pay numbers. The information is there but it is a little inconvenient to access.

Awesome Software

Pros

Great support - they have answered every question and made it possible for a small company to run a payroll with a minimum of effort!

Cons

This software exceeded my expectations - no issues to report.

Great Product, Fair Price

The product is very easy to use and the customer service is excellent.

Pros

It makes dong payroll quick and easy. Taxes are simple to pull off and do myself.

Cons

I cannot think of any. We are very happy with this product.

Using for 2 years. So helpful and easy.

Pros

flexible monthly plans and affordable for a small business. Once you have put in what state you are in, it takes care of the rest with a few clicks. You can also pull up payroll and w-2s easily. It keeps pretty much all of your records you need.

Cons

n/a. I cannot think of any weaknesses to this product but I am a one-man show so maybe others with more employees have noticed problems. I noticed they just changed their dashboard and some of their features but it is still easy for me to use.

Better than Quickbooks

My overall experience has been positive! I've emailed and chatted with customer service and they've been pretty helpful and kind to me.

Pros

I absolutely love that Patriot takes care of paying my taxes for me so I don't have to worry about whether I'm doing that correctly. I just set it up and then let Patriot do the work. This aspect and the price point were the two main reasons I switched to Patriot from Quickbooks Payroll, which I'd used for half a year before switching. Quickbooks was more confusing to use and didn't provide the kind of convenience and peace of mind that Patriot provided.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that I can't quickly and easily change the rate I pay myself. Sometimes I want to lower it but I've easily been able to adapt to that feature so it's not a big deal.

Super easy to use & affordable!

Pros

The software is super easy to use, very straightforward. For a smaller company (only a few employees) it has been a great affordable option!

Cons

We haven't run into any issues so far, so I can't say.

Nicole, you're awesome! Thank you for the terrific review about Patriot. We love our customers!

Once I got past setup, the site is great!!!!

I doubt I will ever have to look for another payroll company. Time cards, payroll, and taxes, all on one web site.

Pros

Customer support is GREAT !!!!! They call you back within MINUTES of getting email from you. They will walk you through any difficulty.

Cons

Haven't found a reason yet. Customer service is great. Time cards and payroll all in one. Only thing I would change is the ability to clock in from a cell phone and not the office computer. I prefer to see them walk through the doors and clock in.

Does what we need

Nope!

Pros

Patriot Software has the features we need as a small business and is affordable. We appreciate that we can also run our 1099 processing along with Payroll.

Cons

When I think about using Patriot Software I am overall pleased with our experience although the theme could use updating.

Patriot Software allows me to focus on running my business and takes away any payroll issues

This software allowed me to focus my time and energy on my customers, the value I bring to them, their experience, and our product. I don't have to worry about any of the small details with payroll and compliance. Patriot takes care of all of this.

Pros

The customer support and setup process are all top notch. Friendly, knowledgeable associates are only a phone call away. Every interaction I had with them helped me immediately resolve an issue for my business. I never have to worry about payroll.

Cons

Everything works great with the product. The only issues I have is perhaps the large amounts of menu choices I don't use. Perhaps a simpler interface for what your organization needs only.

So happy with Patriot Software! So much better than other options!

Pros

It is very simple to use and the price is so much better than other payroll services we've used.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative about the product.

Patriot Payroll

Pros

the Software is easy to use simple , and I can log in the hours and have payroll done quickly

Cons

Wish it had an I phone or iPad App for ease of use

Hi Scott thanks for the terrific review. I've got some good news for you. Our software is a "responsive design." That means you can log in and run payroll anytime, anywhere on ANY device and run payroll as long as you have internet or data connection. There is no need to download an app wasting precious memory on your phone, or worrying about updates so your tax tables are accurate. Every update is automatic, and your software stays easy use and fits your lifestyle. (Apps are soo 2012!--We love giving you the on-the-go convenience without the hassle!)

Best online payroll software

Its really easy to use and user friendly customer service, the interface is very informative and keeps notifying about what are the next pending steps before employee is really ready to go and all set for payroll. One of the best customer service for free as well as they help you to setup end to end and support reps makes sure that everything is done properly. Cons: The time off tracking. You have to assign the time before hand otherwise you cant utilize it, you cant edit entries made when you block an employee time off.

Cons

Thanks Hiren! We appreciate the great review and are taking note of your pain points with the time and attendance tracking. I wanted to be sure you knew that you can correct adjust time tracking by adding/subtracting hours for an employee in the "manage time" off section. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Pros

its online, can do payroll anywhere, it was easy to setup, and the price was very reasonable also.

Cons

i have been using this product for almost 3 years and haven't found anything i dislike about it yet.

The perfect payroll service for small business. Better than ADP and Paychex

I used ADP and Paychex previously and they always raise the rates and always get the taxes wrong and do not communicate when you are getting a tax correction taken from your account. Patriot Software is finally the answer to our small business. First the Price is 1/3 of the price of the big boys. The customer service actually cares. And running payroll is so easy! The whole dashboard feels so clean and simple. I wish I would have found this years ago. Setting up to run your first payroll takes a lot of information and a little time so be prepared with all your information. The step wise process is easy to follow and customer service helps at every step if needed.

Cons

Wow! Thank you Dan! We are so happy we have saved you money. We love our customers, and getting them setup in the software is one of our favorite things to do!