Patriot Payroll Reviews - Page 3

2,711 reviews

I LOVE PATRIOT PAYROLL!!!

I love this software- it is clean, simple and very professional in the way it keeps up with tax and accounting laws. I love the COVID-19 features recently added- a good example of how invested Patriot is to making our work easy!

Pros

As a small business owner, I love having a comprehensive payroll system that not only accurately manages payroll for my team, but it "helps" me to follow laws (that constantly change) by having accurate data structures and helpful "tips" embedded right into the GUI.

Cons

Pulling reports is not as intuitive as it could be. My accountant can probably manage fine, but I am not a fiscal expert. It would be great to be able to pull reports that were labeled for non-financial users.

Small business user

Patriot saves me so much time! I have used their program for a while so I get the payroll completed in no time. With direct deposit, Patriot doing all the tax filings, easy to find and print reports, it really is a fairly priced payroll system that I highly recommend.

Pros

It is very easy to set up new employees and maintain current employees. Patriot added reporting needed to comply with the Payroll Protection Program during the pandemic which was extremely valuable. Tax filings are completed properly and on time. Having used a large payroll provider previously, and being treated as if my small company didn't matter, and the very high prices, I'm glad I found Patriot.

Cons

I do wish Patriot had better ways to get customer support. It can be difficult to get an answer and then you are waiting for a return email or call. One of the specialists told me they were short staffed and that is an issue all its own.

Small Business Owner

Very Good. Even though I had to work through some glitches with Owner Distributions, I would highly recommend Patriot.

Pros

I had used a large payroll provider prior to Patriot but did not need or use all the features since there were only 6 employees total. This is exactly what I was looking for. Does everything I need to have done and provide information to our accountant for Tax Returns. I also love that my employees can log into their own portal and it provides them everything they need on a personal basis.

Cons

As an owner who has paid employees as well as Distributions to the owner, I feel like the software needs more instruction on how to set up distributions. The first year I had the software, I was provided instructions on how to set up Owner Distributions but the deductions were still treated like I was a W2 employee. This caused me to have to file an amended personal TR. Patriot worked with me at a discounted charge but I would like to see better instructions for Owner Distributions.

Really good pros, not without cons

Some things that were easier on the old manual system (eg., changing the state UI rates as you have to every year) are frustrating on Patriot as you have to wade through multiple "help" categories and go through a whole multistep process. I found there will be a very good explanation on how to do anything you need to do SOMEWHERE but finding it can be challenging and time consuming. This was generally a better option than trying to get help from phone or instant messaging, however, and i was never able to email them questions - you will get dumped into FAQ land and have to log out and back in to get out of there. Overall, though , doing payroll is light speed faster.

Pros

Such a timesaver over doing the payroll manually like i have done for the last 35 years! The W2s and W3 was literally pushing a few buttons instead of spending hours calculating and documenting. Doing the paychecks is also a breeze after the initial setup.

Cons

The six month "free trial" is not real. It starts (non-negotiably) from when you express interest in signing up and with all the hoops they made us jump through, including opening a new bank account, it had expired before we actually got the program up and running. You also have to sign a waiver stating you are responsible for checking the reports to guarantee their accuracy. The only way i could...

Love this Software

Everything has been amazing. The customer service is awesome, the software is easy to use, and the price is just the best.

Pros

I love everything about this. 1) The ease, it is so easy to use 2) the customer service team is always so helpful and listens to suggestions and has implemented suggestions we have made 3) the Price, we came from Intuit and the price savings was crazy amazing 4) They process all payroll forms, Intuit would not process our local LST returns, but Patriot does, they do them all!

Cons

The few items I would like to see changed are mainly just with check printing. It would be nice to be able to print DD stubs with a layout that looks like a laser check so that they could be folded and put into double window envelopes like the checks are. The second thing would be to be able the change the stub options on checks. Currently, laser checks take up both stubs on a check to make one pay stub. It would be nice if you could have an option that it all fit on just one of the check stubs, and then repeats again on the second stub for the employer's copy.

Very easy to use software & customer service is excellent!

This is the only payroll service I recommend to all business owners and all my clients.

Pros

The software is very simple & easy to use. Has several features, but doesn't overwhelm the user like some of the other fancier more expensive programs that do the exact same thing. Their customer service is also excellent and they are all here in the USA!

Cons

If we need to reduce the pay for a salaried employee for one payroll due to less hours worked or something, we can't adjust it from the run payroll screen.

Best Payroll Service

I love this business and the staff. I am satisfied and would recommend to anyone with a small business trying to get off the ground and needed some help getting established. Your service and soft ware are exceptional.

Pros

First of all the staff accessibility and assistance was one of the biggest draws to this service. The patience and personal touch of the staff were appealing and necessary after previous experience with larger payroll services that under performed and motivated me to find a better more helpful service. Overall, the software is useful and easy enough to figure out for a person that is not good with computer related tasks. I have all the information I need and am able to print necessary reports and make changes to payroll with little frustration.

Cons

The only thing I find frustrating is the lack of options for setting up a monthly payroll option that changes every month. I have my own business (on the side) and work for a company full time where I get my regular pay and benefits. My monthly income from the business is variable each month and making the changes to the monthly pay I want only gives me options for hourly or salary choices. What...

Simple enough even a lawyer can use it!

Pros

With one minor exception, I like absolutely everything about Patriot Payroll. There's a joke that says lawyers went to law school because they can't do math. Well, although I can do math, I DON'T understand payroll. Moreover, I don't have a lot of time to spend on payroll for only two employees. Patriot makes it easy. I use direct deposit (unless I lose track of time, and have to use manual paychecks),...

Cons

My only complaint (actually, more of a mild irritation) with Patriot Payroll, is that it is somewhat cumbersome when I have to go back and make a change in an employee's base compensation rate. That's something I have to do fairly often (usually to my self) because if money is tight on a given payday, I reduce my own salary to meet the availability of funds. It would be very helpful if one were able to make changes in the EMPLOYEE list from the Payroll function of the program.

Easiest and best service and value!

Patriot Software's customer service team has been friendly and helpful every time I have reached out. All of my questions have been answered quickly so I could get back to work.

Pros

I love Patriot Software Payroll's incredible ease of use. I used it for a year, then switched to Quickbooks Payroll because I thought it would be easier because we use QBO. I was wrong. Quickbooks Payroll was much harder to use. The primary reason is that you still have to do a great deal when using QBO Payroll. With Patriot Software, once it is set up, the do so much more FOR you as part of the service. This gives me peace of mind, because I don't worry about making a mistake or overlooking one of the many filings.

Cons

For Patriot Software's Payroll software, I have experienced no downsides.

Best value on the market

Patriot saves us tons of time, not just on quarterly report and payment processing, but just opening and closing the prior files. Being able to reach support as needed and get timely help has been a huge factor in our conversion.

Pros

Patriot is the best software for simple hourly or salary. The customer service, especially the live chat, is always helpful and on target.

Cons

The 4 day turn around for direct deposit prevents us from using Patriot for more clients, and they really need to add a net to gross option. An override for federal and state withholding would make Patriot 5 stars all around.

Payroll review

i doing my own books so i kinda am doing double the work. they are usually checking my mistakes, I love the ease and reliability. i think i am going to stop doing my own payroll books and just have theirs. Love this product

Pros

Simple once you understand the basics. able to change things easily if something comes up. For learning how to do my own books, this software was easy online chatting works real well. having to call and talk to someone also has been a nice experience Everyone likes to do things their way or have their own categories, this software lets you see what you want.

Cons

No real cons, when i have had a problem it is usually me, the online chatting works well. one time i did not get the problem figured out but i called back/ new session and the new person answered fixed my problem real quick. so getting the right person does help

Patriot Payroll

I have nothing but high praise for this software. It makes my payroll life easy and I can sleep comfortably knowing that my payroll would be efficiently and effectively processed.

Pros

The ease of use. I have used QuickBooks payroll and Patriot appears much more user friendly and less costly.

Cons

It takes a little long to get quarterly reports

Love Patriot Software

The Full Service Payroll has given my clients peace of mind that the payroll taxes are paid and forms filed in a timely manner. I have been able to leave town and still see to my clients needs.

Pros

I like the convenience of having my payroll in the cloud and accessible from anywhere. I was looking for a cloud based option when I heard about Patriot. I have a bookkeeping service and process payroll for 6 clients and have recommended it to 2 other clients who process the payroll on their own. I am able to process payroll when out of town or where ever I might be. I was able to move a client over when they added the Vendor payment option.

Cons

I wish there were more report options. I have been able to get all the information I have needed but not always the easiest to figure out.

Easy to use and outstanding support

I replaced ADP with Patriot Software for a fraction of the cost and easier use. What I find best is the personal customer service both through chat and on the phone.

Pros

This product is intuitive and extremely easy to use to run payroll and find reports or information that I need. It has the exact features that I want without being overly complicated. I also appreciate the tax filing services and end of year reporting and filing for all my employees and 1099 subcontractors.

Cons

I find the PTO recording and reporting difficult, but I may just need more education.

Honest Patriot Payroll Review

This software has saved me a huge amount of money regarding payroll.

Pros

Cost was a big thing especially compared to other accounting software. It is easy to use.

Cons

I wish it was easier to calculate the PTO part.

Hi Crystal, Thank you for your terrific review. We wanted to let you know that in addition to the free manage time off feature, we also have time off accruals where you can set up "rules" so employees earn their PTO hours based on the number of hours worked. Please check out our help article on how to set those up,(https://www.patriotsoftware.com/payroll/training/help/setting-up-company-time-off-accrual-rules/) or chat or call us! We are here to help.

Review on Patriot Payroll

Overall a good product that just needs some enhancements

Pros

User friendly once it is set up. Cost is good also

Cons

Direct deposit lag time and export to QuickBooks a little time consuming to reconcile

Patriot has been dependable for the past 4 years I have used it!

Very helpful and eases the burden for payroll administration and reporting.

Pros

Easy to use, great price, and an easy to reach, helpful, friendly customer service department

Cons

Has one issue with a clients bank statement not being sufficient for payroll setup but it was resolved and my fee for late filing was refunded.

The only payroll product I recommend

Pros

As a bookkeeper working for multiple clients I have found that this is the most user friendly payroll system I have worked with. I appreciate that their customer service is always helpful and the wait times to speak with someone or do an online chat are very short. The set up is simple and employees appreciate have the portal to gain access to report their hours and access pay stubs and W2s. Compared with other payroll providers Patriot Payroll is reasonably priced and makes it affordable to use full service taking the burden of payroll tax reporting off of staff. This is the only payroll software I recommend.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints about this software. The few things that I disliked or felt were missing a few years ago when I first started using this product have all been addressed and improved.

100% reliable, just a bit tricky to figure out reports

It's overall a great experience. Not perfect, but nearly ideal.

Pros

I used to use Intuit QB's payroll service until they increased the price. So glad they did - Patriot Pay is FAR better. They take care of ALL federal and state paperwork behind the scenes. QB used to make you print and mail that in yourself! Payroll entry itself is SO fast...

Cons

Reports are comprehensive, just hard to find. "Filings" and "reports" seem to have crossover meanings. And exporting the info back to QB is a pain - requires setting up generation of the correct accounts, which they could have made more automatic. And the splits aren't the same as in QB, as far as getting fed/state/workers comp data. It doesn't matter unless you're doing a year-end search for differences among your bank checkbook, QB, and Patriot Pay, where a mismatched amount takes hours to decipher.

Great product with great service!

Pros

Payroll is super easy to use; it's dummy proof. It makes payday a lot less painful. I dont have to mess with paperwork or filings. Thank you PS!

Cons

I only use payroll services. I don't mind trying other services but I would need better guidance on how to use them. Im a dentist and dont have time to figure out all the accounting terms.

Best value for your money

Patriot does all of our payroll and 1099 reporting.

Pros

The product is easy to use and support is available online or by phone. I’ve used this product for multiple companies. It is by far the best value for your money for small business that don’t want to worry about payroll standards and submitting reports.

Cons

Biggest con is the time keeping function. You can’t give access to a manager to approve time for payroll without giving access to the whole payroll function. Most managers don’t run payroll and should not have access to employees data. There is no easy way to get around this. I have to take a screen shot of the time clocks, email it to the managers and then wait for them to confirm the hours and then I have to make the adjustments and then process payroll.

The ease of running payroll is great. It takes me 3 minutes to run it. q

Pros

I enjoy the user friendliness of the product the most

Cons

I use to integrate with QuickBooks but I felt it was redundant because the bank statement auto uploaded so I would have duplicate information so I shut that feature off.

New Customer - Very Pleased

Patriot's services of handling processing payroll via direct deposit, as well as managing taxes is a huge weight off our shoulders. It increases productivity elsewhere in the company when payroll is completely handled elsewhere for such an affordable fee.

Pros

As we are new to using Patriot, I want to point out the ease of setting the company up and inputting employees. It is incredibly user friendly and we have had zero usability hassles or questions. Very pleased with the process.

Cons

We have not experienced any issues thus far.

Save substantially and do payroll on your time with ease and support when you need it.

Its been a great experience with patriot its so easy to use and what ever time i feel like doing payroll could be 2 am or 4 pm I get to it on my time frame support has always been very friendly nice people intelligent and easy to work with always helped me get my issues solved .

Pros

I can do payroll on my schedule from anywhere . Its easy to use after the initial set up everything is right there all you have to do is put the information in hours worked for each employee and that's it simple. I like the peace of mind knowing that all my payroll taxes are being withheld on my behalf and paid on time so i don't have t o about remembering when to send paperwork in or making a mistake. And lastly it save me money and that is an important factor the money I save is significant amount not just a drop in the bucket who wouldn't want to save money .

Cons

I wish the had a partner in retirement accounts so I could have that money simply taken out and set aside worry free for my retirement accounts i still have to do that separately

A low-cost Payroll service

Pros

It's one of the lower cost full-service payroll providers out there, and it has an attractive feel, and will appeal to business owners who are not full-time HR professionals. The dashboard is straightforward, decently uncluttered, and shows useful information at a glance, with the ability to quickly dive into more information as necessary. Running payroll is also relatively easy once everything is set up, and with full-service payroll, they will take care of all filings as well which is nice. The service is pay as you go, cancel anytime without penalty.

Cons

Running a payroll is a manual process, and when entering hours there doesn't seem to be a method for uploading a spreadsheet or any import process. For some businesses with many employees this would be tedious, unless you use their time tracking service as well (at an additional fee). They offer additional services, which may appeal to some businesses, such as accounting, but unfortunately they...