Patriot Payroll Reviews - Page 4

2,717 reviews

Great Software

So far, I haven't had any issues; the Customer Support has been great!

Pros

Price, Ease of Use, and the ability to white label.

Cons

Pricing for the product continues to increase each year.

Fast, Efficient and Friendly Service. Thats Patriot Payroll

Just simple and efficient. Who can ask for more.

Pros

Ease of use in getting Payroll completed and printed even if I'm away from the office. Reports and setup was very simple with help from customer service.

Cons

Non that I've noticed so far. You just need to get use to the product. For instance I could not give pay raises if a payroll was saved but not run. After looking into it you need to make updates to staff before starting a payroll. Very easy to use once you start using the software.

Totally Happy Customer

Pros

It's easy to use. It balances having many features without being too convoluted. Plus, it's one of the most affordable payroll services. I also love that I can easily call the company and talk to a real person. QuickBooks integration is a plus, as well. I like that it's easy to add mileage and other reimbursements, as well as custom categories of wages or other reimbursements. It's also nice that there are employee portals where employees can easily access payroll information and change their direct deposit without payroll staff having to do anything. I would happily recommend Patriot to anyone, especially cost-conscious customers. I'm very happy with our choice to use Patriot.

Cons

Navigation through webpages and some of the reports could be a little easier, but it's not much of a problem.

Simple to Use, Great Functionality and Peace of Mind

Amazing company that makes payroll and IRS reporting a breeze! Their team in knowledgeable and super helpful, and they were always able to answer my questions in a timely manner.

Pros

The software was very simple to set up use, even for someone with very little payroll experience. The chat with us feature is an asset as knowledgeable team members would always answer questions in a timely manner (even during busy times). Lastly, the best part, is as a full service customer, tax reporting was handled through Patriot, so I didn't have to go through that arduous process quarterly. I have and will continue to recommend Patriot to anyone and everyone!

Cons

There were no cons. Honestly, if you are one the fence, give them a try. You will bew happy!

Very easy to use

Pros

I have been in business for 30 years. I have used ADP and Wells Fargo Payroll over the years. When I was kicked off of ADP after 10 years because my company was too small I was moved over to Wells Fargo payroll which also after about 10 years I was kicked off of their payroll service I assume because my company was too small (3 employees) and Wells Fargo is still in the payroll business. So I heard...

Cons

None! These guys are great. The setup was quick & easy and using the software weekly is a breeze

Easy to set up and use

great but could be better

Pros

enter payroll hours set easy and fast support

Cons

you cannot see the total hours on the first pay entry screen - would like to confirm that total hours are correct as i am entering from each time card

Great Value

Overall, 8/10. I tis hard to gripe with the value that Patriot provides.

Pros

Onboarding was painless and I was able to run a payroll within a few days. I've used Patriot Full-Service to help me scale my CPA practice. Customer service is always fast and responsive. I especially appreciate the fact I don't play phone tag with multiple departments. Can't say the same for Intuit.

Cons

The biggest complaint I have is the 4 banking day lead on direct deposits. If Monday is a Holiday and my client doesn't have the info ready, DD is usually pushed to Monday instead of Friday. We've had to write paper checks to compensate for this occurrence.

Time saver and headache reducer

Patriot has been a huge help for my personal business as well as my clients. I am constantly recommending Patriot and explaining how easy it is to use. I enter everything in one time and then they handle everything else. The time I save by not having to worry about tax deadlines and due dates has helped me to be able to focus on the needs of my business and not lose valuable work time.

Pros

Patriot is extremely easy to use and notifies me of any upcoming payroll date changes that may be needed due to holidays.

Cons

The only thing that I can think of at this time would be to be able to switch Direct Deposit off and on from the payroll screen. This would make it easier when a payroll is affected by a holiday and a written check must be done for employees.

An excellent and inexpensive option for handling payroll

I needed to reduce payroll costs, as our small company was paying a small fortune every month to one of the mega-payroll companies. I was able to set up Patriot quickly and upgraded the account so Patriot handles all of our tax filings. Now I simply logon several times a month to run payroll and Patriot handles the rest. And it costs 50-75% less than our old payroll company.

Pros

The website is intuitive and easy to navigate and use. The price is far below the larger payroll companies and when our company switched to Patriot our payroll expenses dropped by more than 50%. The best part is that Patriot handles everything when you upgrade your account. Taxes are automatically filed, and direct deposits go out the door to employees. I simply set the payroll amounts, schedule the dates payroll gets paid, and Patriot does the rest.

Cons

There is not much to complain about with the software. Perhaps generating reports could be a bit easier. As someone without much familiarity with bookkeeping, it can take a few minutes to figure out how to generate a report that contains the information I need. But I assume people with appropriate experience could use the software easily.

Great customer service

I love working with Patriot. Customer service is always there to answer my questions and help me fix my mistakes.

Pros

It is easy to use and feels accurate. I like that the employees can clock in and out on it.

Cons

I have employees that get paid by the piece it has been a little difficult to maneuver and I would like a better way to enter the info.

EZ to use

DON'T EVEN TRY IT JUST GET IT! YOU'LL LOVE IT

Pros

one of the most important things I was looking for when I was searching for a different payroll software was COSTUMER SUPPORT and thankfully I can communicate with Patriot Software easily. there is nothing to complain about, I absolutely love PATRIOT SOFTWARE!!!

Cons

I want to say come up with an application for IOS, Android, etc. which I know they are already working on it

What a life saver

Even with the check printing challenges, I love the service. Nothing is perfect. We have been with Patriot for over a year now and our experience has been very consistent. We moved from another payroll service that cost about the same but did far less and had issues several times a year. I feel Patriot Software is fair. Most of the time when companies of multi service options as "piece meal" solution, the company does this in order to maximize the appearance of low cost. With Patriot, it is not the case, in my opinion it is to allow business owners to pick what their company needs.

Pros

Easy to use web interface and good help functions if you need them. Quick service if you have questions with their chat help feature. Very knowledgeable staff every time I have spoken to them. Patriot offers many options to pick from in order to meet each business needs. System just works without issues. If you choose, they will file all of your forms for you and I think it is well worth it. The employee portal is a great tool that allows employees to access their information at any time without using any man hours.

Cons

The printing of checks is the biggest issue we have found. It does print well once you setup. Printer setup is a bit challenging. The second part of the check printing issue is when you print on check voucher laser checks, no matter how you setup, it really does not print info in the right areas. Also unsure why you have to enter a check number on the "print payroll" page in order to download the file to print check with. Check numbers are already printed on the checks.

Great program that disrupted the industry's big guys

Pros

It is easy to use and very intuitive. No manual required and you are able to do most of the things a regular business owner needs. If you have to call customer service, they are very good and attentive; especially at the beginning when one has to set up the company. I'm very satisfied with this company.

Cons

Some reports are different when you just ran the payroll than when you go to the report tab. I would suggest adding a favorite reports folder.

It's a great SaaS for a payroll systems provider

I'm really glad that we found Patriot Software. When we needed a payroll solution, I did an online search and several names came up that specialize in payroll services for businesses of our size. After conducting some thorough research, Patriot Software came out on top based on services offered for the price, based on the size of our company. The only thing we had to lose (or gain) was a bad experience and since there was no contractual commitment, we went with Patriot and haven't looked back since. We're very pleased with getting all the things that matter to us: great customer service and a reliable and easy to use product at an affordable price.

Pros

The ease of use, the cost and the great customer service.

Cons

I honestly haven't encountered a real cons to note here. They give us everything we expect from them and pay for and we haven't encountered any hitches yet. Knock on wood.

Professional Product at a great price

Excellent overall experience. I have had almost no issue and when I have had any questions or concerns they were always there to help me.

Pros

This product was the perfect fit for our company. Being a small family owned business cost containment is crucial and Patriot delivers on that front without sacrificing valuable tools and professional payroll delivery. They have all the necessary reporting features. I don't need to be concerned about timely filing with taxing agencies and can focus on being profitable.

Cons

My least favorite part was making the transition from my full service payroll company. I was fearful of making errors in the startup reporting. It does take some doing but is worth the effort and time spent. The customer service was very helpful and tried to make it as painless as possible.

Perfect for Small Business

Great Service and Great quality for the money.

Pros

Easy process to get started and it worked for me just as well with one employee as it does now with 8. It has been easy to grow with software and the online help function handles even some normally difficult questions on how to allocate distributions and contributions all without a full time HR or bookkeeper in house.

Cons

It has no quick void function that I have found. Like most busy business people, I get things put in and soon as it is done, it alters the debits that it is going to make for taxes etc. on the software side. Sometimes so fast that if I need to make a change, I have to void the entire payroll and redo it. A slight delay between scheduling to pull the money out and the time that payroll is submitted would be helpful.

Best Low Cost Alternative

Best Payroll Software for its money. Has the employee portal and everything. Makes a big company feel with half the costs.

Pros

The software has all the functionalities that other software providers offer with half the cost of them. I used other payroll software that doesn't even come close to pricing.

Cons

There isn't much. The only thing I would say would be the look of the website. Looks outdated but other then that all the functions work and i haven't had a problem out if it yet.

Efficient cost saving solution

Less time spent doing payroll without a whole lot of expense.

Pros

Easy to setup (Support was/is helpful), easy/fast process for doing payroll, cost effective compared to other services we have used. (ADP) Employees have access to portal for their records. Ability to pre-fund account to make payroll the day before pay date.

Cons

Not aware of pre-funding account and missing payroll. Highlight this better.

Used it for a month, liking it so far.

Took me awhile to navigate everything, mostly because we've never employed anyone before. I needed help to get started and great customer service to get me through the process since I was unfamiliar with all that was needed. They took me from New Hire to setting up the payroll. You can print checks or write them out yourself. It's been pretty smooth. Competitively priced.

Pros

It was pretty easy once I got all the forms from the employees and numbers I needed from the state and bank. PS is right their to help you. They don't send a bazillion e-mails but a check up once in awhile. I have only been using it for about a month but so far so good. I did have the advantage of a friend's experiences with other payroll software...she's been through 3 or 4 so far. So I didn't give those a try at all. They will run my 1099's and W-2's at the end of the year for me. We do need to request some services as they don't necessarily do them automatically. I've had great customer service and they patiently walk me through everything when I need it.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to know where the online info is that I need. The "check stub" gives the employee fees as well as the the employer contributions so I cut it in half. But that may be due to the fact that I write the checks instead of printing off a business payroll check. I would like them to have an option just for commission. You have to put in some hourly thing (I put $1) and then you can put in commission later in the program. So it works, it's kind of like they worked for you for an hour and you paid them $500. Expensive looking hour. Everything is online ( I am a paper in hand person...) so some times I am not sure where to find what I am looking for. However, a walk-through is just a phone call away (a Pro).

Payroll for small business

Overall, payroll has been easy and quick to set up and customer support has been quick to help with any issues.

Pros

Learning to use Patriot Payroll was quick and easy. it is extremely self explanatory and their online support was very helpful while setting up the program.

Cons

The only issue we have had is that we can't divide the hours on payroll per employee for different L&I rates. For example, our crew will sometimes work an interior job and an exterior job in the same pay period which have very different L&I rates but as far as I know there is no way to select different codes for different hours. It's all or nothing

overall very satisfied

I'm very pleased with patriot payroll. The customer service is extremely responsive, and they really go above and beyond to make sure their clients are satisfied.

Pros

I like the fact that I know nothing about what's going on behind the scenes in terms of quarterly tax payments. The people at patriot take care of everything, and I have yet to experience any type of error in my taxes while they've handled them.

Cons

There are no aspects of the software that need improvement —that I can think of. Running payroll is as easy as filling in a web form.

Patriot made my life easier

Our offices experience with patriot is so great that I often forget about payroll duties until the days we actually run payroll or when I receive notices from Patriot, which allows me to actually work on my business. Thanks Patriot!!!

Pros

The tech support from Patriot is awesome.

Cons

I'll get back to you when something pops up.

I tell everyone about Patriot Software!

I was really desperate to get another payroll system after several years of frustration with Paychex. When I first saw that I would be the one handling all the payroll, I was very intimidated by the concept! After all, I went to medical school, not business school. Then, I realized, if Paychex can repeatedly mess up the payroll, I was fairly sure that I could do it competently with the Patriot team's...

Pros

The software is so easy to use and the company support is phenomenal!!!

Cons

The only con is that I didn't know about Patriot when I was starting my business! I lost hundreds of dollars and hours of frustration with Paychex!

Heard About Patriot Software On The Radio

I was using QuickBooks Non-Profit for accounting and payroll. The payroll add-on was so expensive and I had to file and pay all of my reports to the IRS, and state and local taxing authorities! By switching to Patriot all I have to do is record the transactions and file all the reports of collections, payments and filings. By switching my nerves are settled and calm knowing that everything is taken care of and is correct! No pressure now.

Pros

The cost for the services and the scope of the services provided.

Cons

I don't know of anything I dislike about Patriot Software.

Thanks for sharing Ralph! We love that you no longer have to worry about payroll mistakes. Calming the nerves is one side effects of using Patriot Software. :)

Love Patriot!

It has been a very positive experience for me and I will continue with Patriot!

Pros

I feel like Patriot Software is so easy to use. There have been a couple of times where I didn’t know how to make changes and Patriot customer service is so nice and easy to work with. They got me straightened out right away!

Cons

I felt like it was very difficult to get the payroll setup and I needed a lot of guidance. I feel like the setup process could be better to prompt you to each new step you need to take and to know if you’ve done everything you need to do, so I do mention that to my clients when I recommend Patriot. But that said, every time I got stuck I contacted support and they were great to work with, so I still highly recommend them.