Patriot Payroll Reviews - Page 5

2,716 reviews

Patriot Software is AWESOME!

I used to use another software for close to 20 years. That software company decided to start using support outside of the U.S. which created a huge language barrier. That is when I started looking for other software and I am so thankful that I found Patriot. I only wish I would have looked sooner :)

Pros

Patriot Software is a very user friendly software and has great customer support. They have very friendly staff and support is located in the US which is a huge plus. I appreciate their speed to help me resolve any issue I might have.

Cons

I really do not have anything negative to say about Patriot. Great product and great people!

Great service

Great service for everyday payroll and taxes

Pros

Does a great job keeping track of employees and all their tax needs as well as paying our monthly and quartet taxes. I love that we don’t have to worry about paying payroll taxes this system does it for us.

Cons

I wish it had better ways to manage commission associates, especially commissioned COVID pay.

Patriot is awesome

The main help from patriot is that they file and pay all the payroll taxes so I don't have to think or worry about it. They've been helpful with COVID and PPP.

Pros

Patriot takes care of the nitty gritty of tax filing that Quickbooks payroll left to me. That was the main reason I left QB payroll and switched to Patriot. It's easy to use, simple to integrate, and the customer service is prompt and helpful. I'll be a loyal customer for years to come!

Cons

Patriot has improved their user interface but there's still room for improvement. When you first log in there are a few icons on the dashboard that then aren't there when you navigate away and come back. I'd like there to be uniformity of experience. I also would have appreciated a notice from them about the PPP reports update.

easy as pie

Pros

i love that i can access payroll even on the fly! it is so easy to make changes and edits.

Cons

i wish you could print an employee roster.

Excellent customer service, easy and very reasonable fees!

Easy, self guided processing. easy to see reports. Customer service is available live as needed. ususally not a very long wait on the call. Easy on the eyes site. Reasonable fees for this type of service. Well priced and I always recommend it!!

Pros

I had been in bussiness for over 30 years, had many different large payroll companies and love this platform, company , live customer service that are always knowledgable, well trained and great value for the service.

Cons

At times, It was not very intuitive when it came to seeing invidual payroll and also when I needed to figure out and adjust Contributions. Ususally had to call customer support.

Payroll support

Overall experience has been good.

Pros

Patriot software is very easy to use, and priced low, compared to other providers.

Cons

1 feature I do not like, is that the software does not help with state forms such as DE9 or DE9C.

FANTASTIC Service and Company!

Pros

Love the ease of use, accuracy and customer service is the best! Was able to set up ourselves and not having to rely on a CDR that was different every time was key.

Cons

Nothing so far! I really have nothing bad to say 2 years in.

Taking the anxiety out of Payroll

Overall the set up and customer service is awesome. I called a handful of times during set up requesting help figuring something out..and it was always a great experience. We started with 1 employee and now have several, and payroll is a quick and painless task. I recommend PatriotSoftware to friends who run businesses, whom aren't tech savvy...encouraging them, they can do it too!

Pros

This software has the functionality of different pay rates for different jobs...1 employee might do several different jobs within a pay period, and as a non profit we need to keep track of where hours and money gets classified. This makes it so easy! I like that we see all our employees and all the pay rates within the same table. That way you can add the hours into each column, and see your estimates of what payroll will be, before you actually run it. The flawless integration of Direct Deposit to employees and Payroll Taxes being withdrawn is amazing. I don't have to think about it any further.

Cons

I ran into a couple problems with running adequate reporting for quickbooks entry. My Quickbooks Guru we work with, found a workaround within the reporting available to us..it worked out fine, just needed to do an extra step of calculations. I wish during the final step of payroll, it would give me a simple listed breakdown and total sum of : 1. payroll being deposited 2. employee taxes 3. employer taxes Total

K. Baker Review for Payroll Software

Great and good product for our business.

Pros

Very Simple to Setup and Use. Customer Support is Excellent.

Cons

Unable to pay Salary Employees a percentage of their pay if they resigned or are terminated during a pay period.

Payroll Processing

So far so good

Pros

Just does the work you which is to run payroll and file taxes

Cons

I wish there was a real-time payroll. Sometimes you miss to run it so if there can be an option to automate it.

Excellent value, dependable product

Overall, we're very happy with Patriot Payroll and would highly recommend.

Pros

It's easy to find the information you're looking for and run reports that may be needed. For our smaller business, it's been a great fit. We spend significantly less on these services as well, which is always helpful!

Cons

It seems that processing times are slower than if you're used to working with a company like ADP. For instance, if you need to make changes to your account, to payroll dates, etc, it is less flexible. Patriot needs more time. Usually this isn't a big deal but occasionally, it's a pain. Due to the nature of the how Patriot is set up, it's a bit harder to get questions answered when you have them. At times, it would be very helpful to talk to someone there directly vs. going through your agent.

Patriot Software Review

My experience has been very positive. The support you receive is better than most accounting software.

Pros

First of all, I like the price. I was using a different software that was more expensive. I feel Patriotic is equal in functionality and at a much better price. Customer support is great. When I was acclimating to the software, I was calling often for support. I received patience & guidance through getting an understanding of Patriot.

Cons

My struggles with the software was my double deposit and payments when recording for profit and loss. Patriot was attached to the business account. It was difficult for me to know what I needed to record and what was automatically recorded. Also, Patriot recorded their taxes, social security etc. that was taken out for the company & employee. I didn’t understand this part of the process. I was recording...

Overall product summart

Overall experience has been very good. I would give them 5 stars all the way across except for the check printing issue.

Pros

The software is very easy to set up. I am not an accounting or it major, but the software allows a normal business owner to set up the company and employees very easily. Patriot's customer service is top notch. Always able to get a person on the other end that is knowledgeable or will get someone with specific skills to assist.

Cons

Main missing feature is the ability to print checks on a standard 3 part check. This is typical in business and I cannot understand that why this feature would be so difficult to add. Only other issue is payroll timing. If Monday happens to fall on a holiday, payroll needs to be run the Friday prior. If you are still logging hours on Friday prior to their end of day pacific time checks do not get cut the following Friday unless you opt for the prefund option.

Perfect for the small non-profit

We needed a payroll-only service for less than 5 employees that would not cost us a fortune in monthly subscription fees. We also wanted something that would work seamlessly with QuickBooks, and have the ability to manage tax filing as well. Patriot Payroll does all this and more!

Pros

Patriot is a good fit for us because it is easily scalable. As our number of employees fluctuates, making changes is just a few clicks to update. As we grow and need more services, Patriot meets those needs as well. The reports are easy to use and provide exactly the data we need, including SBA and Covid reporting tools. Running payroll is a breeze.

Cons

The initial set up to import existing payroll was a bit tricky, so take your time and make sure you have all your data current and available to make this easier.

Very intuitive to use, and very fast responses to questions/needs

Pros

Patriot Payroll is very easy to use. Really love the large fonts and clear layout! All sections are user-friendly, including editing current employee info and entering payrolls. Compared to my last payroll provider, a major national company, Patriot's interface is ridiculously user-friendly. In addition, I've had to contact them a few times and they are always very fast to respond and take care of my needs. The customer service reps are knowledgeable about payroll issues as well as the product, which is a relief. Very happy!

Cons

A little bit more editing/filtering power in reports would be helpful.

Outstanding Product

Patriot has saved me hours each payroll and at quarterly tax time. I would choose this service over and over again.

Pros

Ease of set up for myself, as well as my employees.

Cons

The new color of the website. That is it. Everything else is great. The color is really fine too, I just am not very accepting of change in the beginning. :)

Thank you Linda! We love it when customers say they would choose Patriot again if given a choice. :)

It is that simple

Pros

The absolute ease of using this program. After start up it was a breeze. I believe in the start up process I needed to make one call to support-the rest was easy. I am not a very computer savvy person, but Patriot was a breeze.

Cons

The part I liked least about the software was I waited before I switched from Quickbooks payroll.

Inexpensive and easy to use

This has taken my small business to the next level.

Pros

Full disclosure, I was already computer literate. But I made alot of assumptions regarding payroll in general - too time-consuming, too convoluted, too intimidating. I found this software extremely easy to set up and I was up and running in a few hours. The direct deposits took a couple of days to get everything in place because I had to get my employees to complete the process. A couple of them lost their emails but I had no trouble re-sending them. Running payroll every two weeks is easy. It remembers the pay rate and the pay schedule so, most of the time, I just have to put in hours which literally takes two minutes. It also allows me to run special pays and change the schedule when necessary and it integrates with workmen's comp. I would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

I've had a couple of issues: 1. When I wanted to give someone a raise, it took a bit to figure out where to do that. But they have a help function that is actually helpful. 2. I was running payroll on Monday for the following Friday's pay but ran into issues. You need 4 full business days before an actual pay, so: if I run payroll after noon on Monday, it's a problem; If there is a holiday in the week, it's a problem. I started running payroll the Friday before payday and it seems to be going well. So, basically, my pay period ends on Thursday, I run payroll the next day (Friday), and they get paid the following Friday.

Awesome affordable full-service payroll

Payroll and direct deposit, payroll tax payment.

Pros

I chose to use Patriot because my client needed a full-service option for an affordable price. They aren't a very large business and many full-service options didn't make sense for them. What I've been most impressed with is the customer service. I can easily chat with someone anytime I need support and Patriot customer service is prompt, knowledgable, and easy to get a hold of.

Cons

I wish there was an option to resend to QBO if payroll doesn't go through correctly

Absolutely Great Program

Set up is quick and easy. If you do have questions or a glitch the chat feature is quick and helpful.

Pros

Patriot is one of the best and easiest programs I have ever used in my career. The user interface for both the employee and employee are simple and user friendly.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I am not happy with.

Time-saver, Easy to Use & Top-Notch Customer Service

Patriot Payroll has made the process of payroll less burdensome, for both our employees and us, as the employer. They offer an array of options and variations, allowing you to customize the program to best fit your needs and functions. I can't speak highly enough of their customer service - they are extremely quick to follow up with to needs/functions and to any issues at hand or questions in general.

Pros

How efficient and user-friendly it is. They make it particularly easy, when it comes to taxes and tax reports. We are able to handle a majority of our taxes on our own and save money with a lesser use for our tax accountant, thanks to the features offered in Patriot.

Cons

Really, none. The few features we have previously felt it lacked have now been integrated into the software.

Patriot Software

The software is so easy to use compared to other payroll software.

Pros

It is easy to use the payroll software. You can pull reports quickly and without having to make a call to request the reports. Your tax filings are easy to pull up and see what was filed and when.

Cons

The availability of reports for a multi store company.

I'm so glad I found Patriot

I needed a program that would do my payroll that I could afford. I was so thrilled to come across Patriot. With Patriot I do the time keeping and then just plug those numbers in. The payroll is figured for me and I can download and print professional paystubs and checks (plus tax documents) at no extra cost. It even tracks accrued and used time off to the minute and figures in contributions and deductions....

Pros

It is easy to use, even for people like me with few accounting skills. It is affordable. Plus they are always improving upon it and responding to customer needs.

Cons

The only issue I've had is that my time record is in minutes and the Patriot figures are in decimals. I have to convert each emplyee's time. I only have 6 employees so it's not a big deal, but I wish they gave the option to simply enter minutes.

Easy to use, everything you need

Overall I like the system, and even with the drawbacks it's a better fit for my business than the competition.

Pros

Setting up payroll and adding employees is easier than the other systems I've used. It's intuitive, and easy to make adjustments.

Cons

Having to submit payroll 4 days in advance to get direct deposit isn't convenient, especially compared with 2 days on competing services. Not being able to update EE deductions after payroll is started is also a drawback.

Great product but service could be improved

My experience is overall good. Just one issue. I received an email from Patriot letting me know they were not able to charge my account to my business debit card. They had charged the previous months with no issue. I tried to re-enter my card information but the Patriot website would not accept the card. I called Patriot about this and the customer service rep. said that it appeared to be an issue...

Pros

Ease of setup. Well designed website that is easy to navigate. Fair pricing.

Cons

I really have no issues with the software, it performance is really good!