Patriot Payroll Reviews - Page 6

2,711 reviews

Best customer service

Excellent!

Pros

Patriot Software has the best customer service I have ever had personally and professionally! I have had the pleasure of speaking to about twenty different employees over the years, and it doesn’t matter who you get; they all provide the best customer service. They are knowledgeable, helpful, patient, and kind! They are very well-trained. They would be a good example for the rest of our world to follow.

Cons

There was really nothing I didn’t like about it.

Great value and support

Overall, I'm a satisfied Patriot customer. The software is missing some things, but I'm hopeful the new price increase will bring some updates. Even with the change, I think it's still a good value.

Pros

Customer support is top notch. Generally, it's easy to work with. Patriot integrates with QBO as well which is nice. When you go with Full Service Payroll, they do all the filing and paying for you. For the price, it's hard to beat. I'd recommend it.

Cons

Patriot needs more report options. It's lacking in this area. It also needs better integration with QBO (ability to separate Officer Compensation from Employee Compensation for example). I had issues with printing checks as well, but we could never figure out what the issue was unfortunately. The direct deposit lead time is and has been an Achilles heel for them. The setup process is a little cumbersome as well. Lots of extra steps compared to IOP4A.

Best Payroll software for small buisness owners

Patriot allows me to have more time to devote to other aspects of my business instead of worrying about payroll.

Pros

The functionality and cost. It works much better for a small business like mine with only 2 employees.

Cons

The UI was difficult to begin with. But, with the recent upgrades it is much better.

Good Product, Would Recommend

Great company so far. No issues

Pros

This software is very easy to use especially if you are doing a smaller payroll. Great for access anywhere.

Cons

Really I haven't found much that I do not like. I don't utilize the full tax payroll, only the standard version and it is perfect for my needs. I guess the only down side is the PTO/Vacation function. You must manually enter each accrual increase each payroll before processing and if you forget it doesn't get added to paycheck. However that is a small issue.

Small Non-profit loves Patriot Payroll

Patriot Payroll is reliable and everything gets handled in a timely manner. We switched from using a local (rather grumpy) accountant. Being a small non-profit, we were definitely not a priority. It took at least a month to get reports back and we would be charged for every extra thing we asked for. My stress level has dropped significantly!

Pros

It is easy to use and was easy to set up. The support staff at Patriot Payroll were awesome. It is flexible so we can add bonuses, have salary and hourly employees. The tax filings are handled automatically which is super helpful - I don't have to stress about them at all. There is excellent communication particularly about bank holidays. The reports embedded in the system are readily available and customizable which was super helpful when I was filling out the forms for SBA PPP money - I didn't have to wait on someone to prepare the reports for me.

Cons

This product totally meets our payroll needs.

Saves so much time, and I always recommend it!

I've saved so much money and time with Patriot, thank you for this product!

Pros

I was paying over $300/mo for a full service payroll for myself + 3 employees to a CPA. I now pay under $40/month for full service payroll with Patriot, and their software is a joy to use. Running a quick payroll, and handling bonuses, benefits, and deductions is so straight forward. The setup and support team is easy to access, quick to answer, and in the US!

Cons

Just because I like to have all of the information, as a feature suggestion, it would be nice to have a tax portal to see my balances and standing all of the state/federal tax accounts.

my experience has been very positive. i used wave before but they didn't collect taxes of file tax payments so it wasn't convenient for me. the one thing i like the most is that its a full service payroll. i had my sister use it as well to run her small business payroll.

Pros

very easy to run payroll and tax collection payments.

Cons

i am very please with all aspects so far

Value for the money

It is very easy to create payroll, 941, 940, and W2s. Very user friendly

Pros

Very easy to install, input employee information, and start the payroll process.

Cons

Due to security policies, they recently changed the way the routing number and account numbers appear when we process a refund. This is a feature I don't like. We have to look for the original check to find the routing/account numbers or call the customer service which is a time consuming process. I don't think it is a big issue to leave the whole numbers like how it used to be or you can add another password question to show the full number instead of us going looking for the original checks to find the numbers.

Switch to Patriot Software now and save!

The cost savings for our small business is tremendous. No more spending thousands of dollars a year.

Pros

I have been looking at Patriot Software for our small business payroll for a couple of years and finally made the switch in January. It was a bit scary at first, but it was the best decision for our office. Our payroll does not fluctuate much each pay period and Patriot makes it very easy!! The online help Chat feature and phone customer service is great as well!! They have been able to answer all of my questions quickly and easily. I'm so glad we made the switch and highly recommend any small business do the same.

Cons

Nothing to dislike about Patriot Software. I haven't had one bad experience since making the switch in January.

Great for payroll/ Excellent customer service, best value

Patriot is an excellent company and I have recommended it to many colleagues. As a small mental health nonprofit, it was really important to me that the site be easy to navigate, while allowing our staff to be able to access their own documents. Patriot does all these things very well.

Pros

It has an intuitive, easy-to-use interface. And whenever there is an issue, customer service takes care of the problem quickly, professionally, and kindly.

Cons

I would've said that having too pay extra for 1099 contractors was an issue, but I believe they changed this. Now the only thing I wish is that I could run payroll on either Tuesday or Wednesday, the way I used to with ADP. Not that big of a deal though.

Great Service, Easy to Use!!!

Payroll and paying payroll taxes were my primary concern. I have found Patriot Payroll is efficient, cost effective and easy to use.

Pros

I was looking for a payroll service that I could use at anytime of the day. We are a seasonal business. When we are in season we work long hours and many days straight. I usually run payroll very late at night and Patriot Payroll is easy to use. Our payroll taxes are paid on time, payroll is created within minutes and I can sleep knowing our payroll is done and done correctly!

Cons

I would like to see more user created reports for special requests.

Most affordable & easy to use payroll service

Love it.

Pros

Patriot software is super easy to use. And any time I have a question, they respond super fast. I have had excellent customer service via their online chat, email, and on the phone. After being a QuickBooks user for years, I was shocked at the ease and affordability of this product!

Cons

I didn’t fall in love with the accounting software probably because I’m used to QuickBooks platform and it was a different process to use.

president

When I do speak with customer service they are all very nice.

Pros

The hourly people can do their own hours. It is easy to run the monthly and semimonthly payroll. The reports are helpful

Cons

For the taxes and sometimes for the payroll money will be taken out of our checking account as one withdrawal, but the tax collection report breaks it down as two withdrawals instead of one. Sometimes I will have to wait on hold for more than 8-10 minutes.

Patriot Lifesaver

I use to have so many problems with taxes and filings and now it is a breeze!

Pros

This system is so easy to learn and set up. The ability to not worry about payroll anymore is fantastic.

Cons

I wish that the tax information was sometimes more detailed.

New Business Owners

I was looking for Payroll and Accounting software when I opened my new Business. I had never done payroll or accounting before. This software is beginner user friendly and reasonably priced. I tried Quickbooks at the beginning, and it was difficult for me to learn, when I had nobody to help me navigate through it. I would highly recommend this to new Business owners.

Pros

The Accounting and payroll software are easy to use for a beginning Business owner. I was able to navigate through most of it myself, and if I had a question, their help desk was very friendly.

Cons

I wish there was a way to issue a customer a refund rather than having to do a journal entry.

Very Easy To Use and Affordable

I have had a great experience with Patriot Payroll. Whenever I have a question or need additional assistance the customer service support is fantastic, very responsive and I never have to wait long to get someone either on the phone, chat or email.

Pros

I love the ease of use along with the price. The support you receive from Patriot is Top Notch! I have never had a bad encounter with their support department and when your first setting up that is of the utmost importance. Take advantage of their free setup you will be glad you did!

Cons

I have not found anything to dislike about this software. When we first started with Patriot, the 1099 portion was of no use to us; however, this has now changed, and it is easy to use, and we can pay our software contractor right from Patriot.

Easy to use, but slow turn around

Overall the pros outweigh the cons and I will continue to use the software.

Pros

Very easy to use. From the time I log in to completion is 5 minutes for two employees. Lots of reports. Direct Deposit for employees. Seamless process

Cons

For cons, I have two things that are issues: 1. Turn-around time. Five full business days are required from the time I process payroll to when the paychecks are deposited. If there is a holiday during the week, the deposit will be further delayed. In today’s world where money moves instantly, this feels archaic. 2. Not easy to get the reports you need. It would make sense if the employee’s paystub was immediately available after processing the payroll. Instead, you must go through three layers of reports to get the paystub. The same is true with the Payroll Registry so the data can be entered in my accounting software. Rather than have the obviously needed report readily available you must go to another reporting page.

Great Overall Payroll Software

It has been great. I don't have to think about the software itself - only payroll - which is great.

Pros

I have been a user of several payroll software programs that cost entirely too much to implement at a small business and Patriot has all of the important features of the bigger companies at a price I can afford. It integrates well with QuickBooks Online and has taken care of the taxes and documents flawlessly. Great software, especially for the price.

Cons

It doesn't allow for a schedule H. I was looking to create an account for my household nanny and I couldn't use Patriot which is unfortunate.

Great tool for small business.

Its easy to use and convenient.

Pros

Its easy to use. As a full service client, Patriot takes care of all tax filings for us.

Cons

If employees are salaried this wont matter much, but the lead time on direct deposit, 4 days, can sometimes leave little time to process hourly payrolls.

Great payroll service for do it yourself

Our software company discontinued our payroll feature and Patriot was a great fit for the monthly fee.

Pros

Finding answers to my questions under the Help feature is great. The few times I've had to contact customer service, they were very helpful.

Cons

There aren't any improvements that I can think of at this time

Pretty great but missing features

Overall it's good software. The timesheets are a little clunky and there are gapping features missing. Despite the downsides, it makes filing taxes easy and provides a space for employees to submit their hours.

Pros

I loved that Patriot does all the tax management, including sending the fees straight to the governmental institutions. It certainly has made hiring employees feel less daunting. I also appreciate the self-services portal for my employees which allows me to be less involved. The help topics are mostly helpful as well.

Cons

My biggest complaint about the software is the lack of support in non-timesheet payroll. As a mental health practice, my employees don't clock in/out and they are paid different rates for direct contact and administrative work. When I initially invested in Patriot in April 2020, I was told that this feature was available. After purchasing, I was informed that that feature is about to come out but isn't available now. It is still not available and my employees have to complete the "other" tab; then I have to move numbers between the columns so that they are paid out at the right rate. This is frustrating and makes the process timely and less dependable.

Payroll Made Easy

Overall, we are happy with the ease of use for time clock, payroll, and employment taxes.

Pros

I like how easy Patriot is to use. The software has a clean, easy to navigate home page. It has been great and helping me manage employees and make changes to my employee’s pay rate and benefits. Patriot has been great in helping manage Covid-19 pay.

Cons

How long the response time from customer service was when I received a letter from the state Department of Revenue. It took multiple calls, extended estimates of how long it would be before someone was able to look at our account, and multiple letters from the state.

Excellent value and great customer service!

Pros

We Love having a digital time clock that our employees can use to clock themselves in and out. No more timecards to deal with. Our employees really like this feature as well.

Cons

It sometimes takes a while to get to customer service.

Patriot Payroll: THE choice for small businesses!

Pros

Incredibly easy to set up, integrated QuickBooks accounting, employee self-service payroll access

Cons

No ability to pay 1099 contractors using Direct Deposit, check printing is a little weird with Deluxe checks and requires a lot of trial/error (once setup is done it works great though).

Patriot software's Full service payroll ---save the time and hassle of payroll filing yourself

Customer service is prompt, friendly, and helpful. When a mistake was made, they took responsibility for it and covered the fees involved. Payroll input is fairly simple, though any changes made to an employee's info must be done before you start the payroll or you have to cancel the entire payroll and start again after the employee info has been updated.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use, and if you don't know how to do something, customer support is very helpful and prompt to respond.

Cons

Any changes made to an employee's info must be done before you start the payroll or you have to cancel the entire payroll and start again after the employee info has been updated. i.e. if you forget to add a wage change to one employee's info and discover this during the payroll data entry process, you have to cancel your work, update the wage info for the employee, and then start the payroll all over again.

Thanks for your feedback, Katie! This is very helpful user feedback -- we'll be sure to look into ways to make inputting employee info more intuitive. Thank you so much for sticking with us -- here's to the success of your company!