Patriot Payroll Reviews - Page 7

2,711 reviews

Simplifies the job of payroll

Always nic to have the best solution be the cheapest one out there for my business.

Pros

The software works almost effortlessly. When you do have special issues (remember, governments are involved in how this has to work, and things change), their customer service NEVER EVER treats your problem offhandedly. They are ALWAYS courteous, and so far, have ALWAYS solved any problem I have had. Plus, they are smart.

Cons

The menu system should be customizable. I may need special functions quarterly or yearly, but that's quite rare considering my weekly access. I should be able to enable a company menu, that offers only the things I do. When I do a new function, I would be given the option to add it to my custom menu or not. Full menu should always be viewable via a single obvious click.

Easiest Software I've ever had to use

It is easy to set up and easy to use. I love that it calculates all of the taxes for you and pays the payroll taxes you owe for you. You don't really have to do anything except enter the weekly payroll amount. Patriot Software does everything else for you. I would highly recommend this product to anyone.

Pros

The software is easy to use, easy to learn. If you have questions , you can always chat or call customer service and they will walk you through step by step. I love that they pay all of your taxes for you, so that's one less thing that you have to worry about.

Cons

There's really not anything that I don't like about the software. I have never had any issues with it.

Home Child Care

Patriot allowed me to run weekly payroll for my part-time help in my In-home child care. I used a different payroll program originally but they raised their prices and combined thier payroll with other features that I did not need. Patriot gave me just what I needed and I could pick what bells and whistles that I wanted for a small extra charge.

Pros

Patriot was EASY to use and running payroll for my part-time help only took a few minutes a week. Filing my quarterly 941 with the IRS was just a click and print and ready to mail. Printing out the end-of-year paperwork was a breeze. Very easy to change the number of employees when my one of my part-time workers went away to college. I like Patriot because I have the option to file my own taxes but Patriot has the capability of making my tax payments if I wanted to pay a little extra.

Cons

I don't have anything that I disliked about Patriot.

Perfect for small business

My payroll literally takes minutes each week...the savings in time and headache are well worth the cost

Pros

This software is so easy to use and deals with all of the small things that would take up way too much of my time ( and who has enough time) I am confident that my taxes are being paid and I get full reports for my accountant at year end. The few times I have needed support it has been amazing.

Cons

there is nothing I don't like about the payroll and timekeeping software

Excellent Accounting App of the accounting Industry!

100 %

Pros

It is the most convenient online payroll app!

Cons

Employee portals is not a must for my clients.

Payroll simplified

Tremendous value and I have recommended to several friends.

Pros

Very easy to setup employees and configure deductions/contributions, ie HSA, 401k, etc. Their full service payroll is a tremendous value and well worth it. For any questions during initial configuration or for making changes after up and running, Patriot support is outstanding.

Cons

While its very easy to use, there are endless features and options which I don't. This is just a suggestion, but it might be nice to allow the end user to hide or remove those components which are not pertinent.

Easy to use and helps with taxes for payroll

Monthly reports and the tax features that makes it important for my business.

Pros

Easy to use interface and monthly reports and auto tax forms and payments are critical for my business. I highly recommend this for small businesses who need an easy to use payroll software that really can save you time and money.

Cons

Initial set up was a bit tricky and had to use support. But it went smooth.

It’s been over a year now

It was a rocky start with the data transfer and the tax payment but it did get resolved. When I call customer service people are helpful in a timely manner.

Pros

Online portal, the ability to correct time cards quickly.

Cons

Unable to pick your check processing dates

Love this Program

We were paying someone to do our payroll and they kept filling late and we were being charged extra, so I started doing our own using Patriot and have been able to file quickly and efficiently

Pros

This program is super easy to use! Any time I have had an issue the help section has been awesome and I didn't even need to contact anyone. Makes Payroll so much easier then I expected it to be. I love that I can bring it up on my Smartphone also, our accountant is a 2 hour drive and I had forgotten to print something, pulled it up and printed it from my phone!

Cons

I don't know that there is anything I dislike about this program.

AWESOME PAYROLL SOFTWARE

I use this software for all my payroll customers and I have never had a problem with anything, reports submitted on time, accurate and excellent customer support. I love it!

Pros

The easy process to prepare payroll and to submit of the payroll reports

Cons

Nothing being honest, this software has made my life easier with my customers. I print reports, payroll deposits, etc for each of them and they understand the information very easy

Great Service and Product for a Competitive Price

Pros

This software is very user friendly with many help articles that are easy to access if needed. It was quite easy to get up and running once we decided to go with Patriot. But more than the software, their customer service is top notch and that is what I truly love about Patriot. Sure, I can access the help articles if I have a question, but sometimes you just want to speak to a person for an explanation and they are so helpful and friendly. I always have a good experience when I speak to them!

Cons

So far the features we use satisfy our needs, Time Cards and Payroll. We do not use the HR or Accounting software. The only feature that I think could be improved is some of the reports. There was a specific report my accountant asked for regarding the SUTA, FUTA, and something else that he said should be all in one. I just can't remember right now what that was. Instead I had to use 2 or 3 different reports and manually figure out the sum for each quarter.

Best Customer Service with knowledgeable service providers.

We are a very small company and paying a large monthly fee for payroll did not make sense. Their pricing fit in perfectly with our needs.

Pros

The software is easy to set up and use. The pricing is very fair and affordable. The Customer Service is beyond compare. There are several options for contacting them and I have always spoken to a person who was very knowledgeable. You don't get the feeling that they are reading from a script card. They know what you need and easily convey the solution to any problem you might be having.

Cons

Getting the initial forms filled out and signed by the owner was a bit of a chore. Patriot Software knew the requirements needed to get the job done and when our forms did not meet those requirements, I had to go back and get them corrected. This issue was completely on our end and because of the expertise of Patriot Software, our forms were accepted by the IRS and the startup of the payroll was able to go off without a hitch.

Best Payroll Software at an Unbeatable Price

Pros

Set up is so easy. The software walks you through step-by-step. Using the software is just as easy. It takes me less than 5 minutes to do payroll every week. Patriot has thought of everything and then made it user friendly.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at all about this software.

Great Product

Great experience. Started with one employee, now have seven full time and two part time employees. Software has grown with my business while keeping costs low.

Pros

I can run payroll in minutes and run reports on past payrolls with ease for project cost and also for insurance audits and PPP loan forgiveness

Cons

I do not have any complaints about the software.

Excellent payroll platform, especially for the price

Overall, I'm very happy with this software and the value it provides to my clients. I'm sure I will be using it for years to come.

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use, it's very affordable, and it has a great accountant/bookkeeper program.

Cons

The direct deposit schedule is slower than with other providers, but for the price I can't really company. Many clients are happy with that trade-off.

No worries

Excellent. Patriot takes care of payroll processes and compliance while I do more important things.

Pros

I replaced a well-known national company with Patriot Software to save money and not worry about compliance while focusing on my business. What I didn't know is that it would give me the flexibility to meet my needs with various compensation strategies to limit tax liability and that the customer service would be outstanding. The one time I had to call, I received a prompt response by a US based representative.

Cons

Help features are a little clunky, but what I need is there.

The perfect solution for my small business

I am very happy with Patriot!

Pros

This was easy and inexpensive for my small business. It was flexible and allows me to provide direct deposit without monthly fees that some other providers impose. I can do my payroll in minutes and everything is taken care of behind the scenes - Taxes, payments and reporting.

Cons

Integration and setup were very easy. I only had to contact support one time in the past few years and it was nice to talk to a real human who could help me out immediately.

Great Product, Good Show!

I have had a great experience so far.

Pros

The set up/on boarding was easy to do. And the usability/interface is logical, straightforward, intuitive. I am the only paid employee so although I have minimal needs, I found the software to be very flexible. For example, I was able to make first payroll to myself for a whole quarter, then make a simple modification and pay myself monthly after that.

Cons

None. I hit no roadblocks during initial setup/on boarding, and have then had no roadblocks since then when processing payroll.

Very Happy

My over all experience has been very good, I don't have any issues with the platform at all. Other then when I was setting up my account, I don't think I have ever called into there customer service for help with anything.

Pros

Its web site is very easy to use and very user friendly. I tried other payroll services in the past, and some of there web sites was near impossible to understand let alone move around in.

Cons

The best thing I like about Patriot other then its pricing, is my ability to print a check anywhere I happen to be working. I travel a lot and I am not always in the office on paydays.

A Great Deal For The Money

Having the option of direct deposti for our workers has been a great time & money saver. No more waisting money on paper checks. It was easy to set up and even easier to process.

Pros

Patriot Payroll has many great benefits including direct deposit, not only for employees but also for contract workers. The Cost of the software is not even a comparison to the rest of the companies out there. Patriot Payroll is extremely affordable, no hidden cost, excellent customer service, and will even track your 1099 workers pay for the IRS and so much more... I would recommend Patriot to every business owner I know

Cons

The only con to this software is not being able to split direct deposits for contractors. However, I was told they are working on that feature.

Patriot makes things easy for my small business

Patriot has been very responsive when I have questions and is able to help me navigate my questions with ease. Their chat representatives are knowledgeable and able to answer anything I throw at them.

Pros

Patriot manages my time cards so when team members come in, they log in to the app and clock in and then when they leave, they clock out. I love that they manage the direct deposit for me. My team members W-2's, pay stubs are all electronic. The best thing for me is I don't have to worry about the figuring out how much to pay all the tax entities, and knowing they are not going to be late.

Cons

Not sure there is anything I don't like about the software. It really has been a game changer.

Payroll at your fingertips

Once I got past account setup, this software has been easy to use for me and my employees. They are able to access their documents anytime as well. Thank you Patriot Software!

Pros

I enjoy the convenience of processing my company’s payroll with ease. Simply entering in the number I know like their total hours and commission. Hours can be split between Regular, Overtime, Sick time, Holiday, Vacation and even COVID

Cons

I didn’t like the time it took to setup the software but since it is online, I believe they are making sure there isn’t any fraudulent person setting up your account.

Easy to use for normal tasks; needs better help files for less "normal" tasks

Overall, it's been easy to use and easy to set up. Some of the more advanced HR and tax topics have been challenging because the help on these subjects isn't always helpful for a layperson.

Pros

Very easy to set up and pay employees. Reports are fairly easy to generate and understand.

Cons

For those of us who aren't HR and tax experts, some better, more explanatory in plain English help is needed. For instance, I'm still not sure I'm doing the S-Corp owners health insurance reimbursements thing correctly. Also, I thought when I changed the bank from which the payroll was being drawn, that I also changed where the monthly fee was drawn...I was wrong.

Love this software!

Pros

The software is easy to use and very dependable. The price is very fair and the customer service is great. Everything is right at your fingertips with simple explanations on how things work. I can do my payroll in less than 10 min. And its way less expensive than ADP.

Cons

Not too much to hate about this software. If I could change one thing it would be to make the deductions for my employees easier to access and change.

F. Dye

With the exception of a consolidated payroll journal not being available, most of the features are quite good. It’s simple enough for clients that aren’t very tech-savvy to use once the setup is complete. The only other drawback was long wait times to speak with a representative even before the pandemic.

Pros

It has given me the flexibility I needed in offering my clients payroll services. My clients can sign in to their own account to enter employee time and make changes, Exactly what I wanted.

Cons

The software lacks the ability to print a payroll journal that contains the payroll for a specific period with the period and year to date totals that is not on separate sheets for each employee. Don’t understand that.