Patriot Payroll Reviews - Page 8

2,718 reviews

F. Dye

With the exception of a consolidated payroll journal not being available, most of the features are quite good. It’s simple enough for clients that aren’t very tech-savvy to use once the setup is complete. The only other drawback was long wait times to speak with a representative even before the pandemic.

Pros

It has given me the flexibility I needed in offering my clients payroll services. My clients can sign in to their own account to enter employee time and make changes, Exactly what I wanted.

Cons

The software lacks the ability to print a payroll journal that contains the payroll for a specific period with the period and year to date totals that is not on separate sheets for each employee. Don’t understand that.

Even I run paroll

Easy 401k setup.

Pros

I was fortunate to come across Patriot Software payroll a few years back. Easier to use, cheaper and more complete than the full service local payroll provider i was using. And customer support is incredible whenever I've had a complicated question beyond my skill level, such as setting up 401k deduction. Highly recommend!

Cons

Nothing. Period. Super easy to use and wonderful customer support

Quick set-up, easy to use, great customer svc

I'm very happy with Patriot Payroll. They take care of all payroll filings, and they have great customer service.

Pros

I love how easy it was to set up Patriot for our small business. I needed help with some things and I got prompt and excellent customer service -- even during COVID-19 madness! We are only using the payroll feature, but may explore the other accounting services soon.

Cons

We didn't set up the Quick-Books connection, so I have to manually enter the paychecks into QB each week. The instructions on how to do that with journal entry was informative and made that process easy, too.

Thanks for the fantastic review Becky. Please give our online Quickbooks integration try. It is even easier than you think. ;)

payroll

been happy with it. Don't really have anything to compare it to.

Pros

Patriot seemed an affordable option for a software that did all the taxes and reporting for you, and that's what I needed, as am new to paying employees.

Cons

The reporting seems a little convoluted. I'd like to be able to see my weekly reports of how much I paid out better at-a-glance.

Time Saver

The overall experience has been awesome. The support team is awesome and the software has saved us mounds of hours when it came to processing payroll.

Pros

The ease to use this software is outstanding. It takes our staff half the time to process payroll for our clients compared to the system we were using.

Cons

There are few things that would be great such as having the availability for a client to approve their payroll prior to submission and being able to send reminders directly from the system.

Full service payroll customer, and wouldn't switch elsewhere!

Full service payroll at an economical and predictable price, that does everything that I need it to.

Pros

This company provides full service payroll at a bargain price, significantly below their competitors. I have been using them since 1/2017, and have been very happy. Set up is easy, and customer service will walk you through setting up the tax accounts if you need them to. They pay all my taxes for me on time, and submit relevant quarterly and year-end reports to tax authorities. Interface is easy...

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like. Set up of direct deposit through Natpay (a company that Patriot uses to handle this service) wasn't particularly friendly, but it was once and done. If you want direct deposit without any additional fees, Natpay needs at least three business days lead time, and if you don't make that, payroll gets pushed back a day, but, really, that's all about planning. They take your payroll out well in advance of pay date, so you have to have it in the account, but that may be all payroll companies for all I know.

Patriot Payroll for small business

it does what i need it to do. I recommend it for small businesses with simple payroll needs

Pros

Nothing beat the price. It does what any small businesses need it to. not to mention, the additional 1099 feature and contractor payments.

Cons

Not as user friendly as their competitors such as gusto

It just makes sense

Pros

For years I processed payroll manually and thought that was just the way it had to be done unless you were a large business. Once I started looking around at different payroll services,, Patriot Payroll stood out as different in a good way. Once we gave them a try, I was hooked. Though our company is small with just four employees, we receive service and care from Patriot like we were a big company. Payroll is dead simple, never an error or delay and great customer service.

Cons

The initial set up took a bit longer than I anticipated, but in hind site, the various steps were necessary for accuracy and setting a solid foundation.

Pros

The ease of use, reports, employee portal

Cons

I wish the direct deposit could be done next day without the pre-fund. This is the main reason I briefly switched payroll software.

Software Review

The experience has been flawless. Couldn’t be better. I never have to call. The only time I did call early on, the issue was resolved immediately. The issue was the user.

Pros

I am a business owner and a business consultant. I love this software. The ease and affordability makes it a perfect solution.

Cons

I don’t have any issues. If my company was larger, the reporting Might need to be more complex; however it’s perfect right now.

Best Payroll Software

It has been a game changer for my business!

Pros

Patriot is easy to use, client friendly and has excellent customer support! I highly recommend it!

Cons

The hardest part was the mapping of the import to Quickbooks Online general ledger and making sure it balances out.

Good product for the price

Easy to use payroll solution. Great customer service!!

Pros

Easy to use for payroll and time tracking. Employee portal allows the employees to update their own records electronically, saving paperwork and staff involvement.

Cons

Not allowed more than one type of time off accrual for the company. Different positions allow for different benefit packages, including time off, those must be maintained manually if they aren't in the "one" time off accrual.

Very cost effective

Extremely easy to use. Only needed help from Support on one occasion. They were prompt and helpful resolving by questions.

Pros

The Patriot Software platform has been very easy to use. Since day one, I have never had any issues with tax collections being handled properly. For a small business owner, having a payroll company that you trust and have faith in, AND is at a very economical price point, is priceless. I'm glad I chose Patriot for my payroll needs.

Cons

Don't have anything that I have been displeased with.

Very pleased

Pros

Once I learned how to use it and find the reports I needed, it has been such a relief to know all of the payroll accounting and reporting is being taken care of. I just go in once a month and enter the employee hours, run the payroll and print out employee pay stubs to hand out. We only have a few employees so I am choosing not to use any time-sheet software.

Cons

No complaints. The learning curve was a little slow for me but that may have been because we were working through an accountant and had to depend on their customer support as we did not have access to Patriot customer support.

Fantastic

Pros

Features and use so friendly. Customer service is always there for any questions.

Cons

No problems here like it all. Service is great!

The best payroll software by far!

Pros

I like the fact that this software is so user-friendly! You can run your reports every month for your payroll taxes and running payroll every week is very simplified and easy to do. It takes very little time to do payroll every week and I love that!

Cons

What I don’t like is you are limited to the choices on how to set up your payroll tax accounts.

Very affordable

Patriot software has saved me hundreds in payroll and accounting expenses.

Pros

Patriot software is more affordable and easier to use.

Cons

Patriot software has performed exceptionally well. I am sure there are some shortcomings i just can't think of any off hand.

Woohoo! We love it when we save our customers money! Thanks for the great review Bryan!

Excellent switch

It was a great switch, I am very happy with the switch and have frequently told my previous provider when they have called to try and regain my business that I would never switch back.

Pros

It is very intuitive, it takes me less than 30 minutes to run payroll twice a month and I am saving over $150/month compared to a full service payroll provider that I previously used

Cons

Sometimes it is a little hard to find the specifics of how to make changes,

Patriot Software Payroll Review

Very easy to use with excellent customer support.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. I create the payroll in a few clicks, export the file to QuickBooks, and the payrolls are run in a timely and accurate manner. The reporting is also very easy to use for quarterly and annual reports. I also use this to pay 1099 vendors and it works well.

Cons

Sometimes the reporting for an individual payroll for a specific employee can be difficult to find.

Great value

Pros

You get a great, user friendly product at a great price.

Cons

Takes at least 5 minutes to live chat with someone and so I usually miss it when they answer and have to repeat that process a few times

Best Micro Firm Payroll

So affordable that a one person firm can have a payroll provider!

Pros

Entirely customizable for my needs. Easily draft my personal ‘one person’ payroll for deductions & contributions at an affordable price. It’s comforting that my payroll taxes are calculated correctly and compliantly so that I could file them myself.

Cons

When drafting a payroll to customize deductions & contributions, it shows up on the payroll register that gets confusing.

Top Notch customer service, implementation and good value

Pros

The customer service is the best feature; they are so willing to go above and beyond in getting the software setup, training, and any questions along the way. Once set up, the software is easy to use and is a very good value.

Cons

I would like the reporting to be a little easier to find and more to the point. Most times, I don't need a detailed report, I just want to know how much did I pay out to employees in total and how much tax total (liability and expense) did I pay. Another thing I would like to see is a place to add accrued PTO and have it automatically add the time. Currently, I have to manually add the PTO on the 1st of every month. Setting up the Nat Pay direct deposit was a bit unsettling as there is a final step that must be completed or the employees don't get paid. This is where the staff of Patriot went above and beyond to help ensure that I didn't miss this crucial step. Still, this is a great software solution and I'm happy to have it.

Great Addition to Our Accounting Practice

Overall it has been good. I miss some Marketing Materials and Branding that was available from another platform.

Pros

It is easy to set up and use, my clients employees that want direct access can have it. Love the portal for employees if the client offers direct deposit. I feel like I am getting true full service payroll, I am not paying for each and every additional think. The BEST PART IS THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT!

Cons

Some changes have been made in company set up that delay me setting up new clients. Branding should be a standard option for accountants using it for clients. Can't process tax payments as needed.

Life is easier

I complete payroll and do all government with holdings in less than 10m minutes a week! This saves me hours every week! And ZERO mistakes! Thank you for making my life easier and adding time to my week.

Pros

I love how easy patriot is to use! The ease of use makes it quick for me to complete what use to take hours now takes minutes. I love being able to do my payroll from anywhere!

Cons

I'm honestly struggling to find anything I do not like about Patriot software.

Great Product for the Price.

Easy to use, I can login from anywhere to check on payroll and our office manager was able to get the hang of the software within a week of using it.

Pros

The price and different levels of services in the product are nice. I use the reports weekly to track where we are payroll & payroll tax wise. Even though I file my payroll taxes myself Patriot makes it easy for me to do.

Cons

Wish the direct deposit option was better. We pay weekly so we can’t use that option as fast as I can tell.