Patriot Payroll Reviews - Page 9

2,717 reviews

Payroll made easy

This software is the most cost effective program I have ever used. The full service feature takes care of every tax filing, it’s literally worry free.

Pros

The software is so easy to use, a few clicks & you are done! Absolutely the best value without question.

Cons

My experience has been trouble free- no complaints.

I am a fan!!

I have been very impressed with every facet of the experience with Patriot. I hope they do not falter, and continue to offer a fabulous price with robust support!

Pros

I think the US based Customer Support is the greatest asset to this software. They answer quickly and have efficiently addressed any issue I have encountered. Coupled with the value, I have no problem making this my ONLY choice.

Cons

The software does not have as many features as Intuit, my second favorite option, but the price makes those inconveniences minor.

Very Powerful Software

Very satisfied.

Pros

I love it because it is so easy to use and takes me no time at all each payday to set it up. THE best feature is that is so much cheaper than when I did the payroll manually in house. The second best feature is that Patriot does all the tax payment deposits and prepares all the tax returns and does all the filing for me as part of the service. No more being late with a payment or a return. No more penalties from the various governmental agencies.

Cons

If I had any one criticism, it would be that when I first set it up as a new client, I was confused about how to best input the year-to-date numbers for that part of the year that I did the payroll. It was a one time thing and once that was done, it has been clear sailing ever since. I had to call customer service and they helped me out on the first call. Great customer service.

Great Product and Great Service

This software is much easier to use than the software that I was using before. I am very happy with Patriot Payroll and would highly recommend it to other businesses.

Pros

I like this software because it is very easy to use and I can run my payroll very quickly, saving me time as a busy small business owner. I also like how it takes care of paying my taxes and it automatically creates my tax forms.

Cons

I have not had any problems with the software and when I have a question the support staff is very helpful.

Commission/hourly

Pros

It’s Fairly easy to navigate on the screens

Cons

Cant carryover commission with time cards

Awesome software...great price as well

I moved over from gusto because the price. And they do just as much as gusto. I recommend it to all my clients. They have excellent customer service. I have not had an issue with them.

Pros

Price is excellent especially for what you get.

Cons

When sending over to QB doesn't exactly send over as it hits the bank so you have to adjust so bank can be reconciled. For example, the employer and employee taxes are separated even though they are withdrawn as one lump sum.

Thank you for the terrific review! We love helping business owners keep their time and money!

Patriot Software for a Small Business

The time it has saved me because I used to do payroll manually using spreadsheets. And filing year end tax forms and generating W-2s was very time consuming and stressful. Now Patriot does almost all of it. Also the business now has a time clock function that employees can access via their portals.

Pros

The ease of use. The exceptional customer support. The extended hours that Patriot Support and Customer Service Personnel are available. The knowledge of the Support and Customer Service Personnel. I have never waited more than a few minutes when connecting with Patriot Personnel either via phone or chat. The time it has saved me because I used to do payroll manually using spreadsheets. And filing year end tax forms and generating W-2s was very time consuming and stressful. Now Patriot does almost all of it.

Cons

Originally the limited hours of support. That is no longer an issue because of the extended hours support and customer service personnel are available.

Exceptional customer service!!!

Of all the software products I have used over the years, this has easily been the best experience I have had just because of the customer service. Yes, the interface is easy to navigate and quite intuitive. Yes, the design is nice. Yes, the features do what I need them to. But what is often missing in the business world and software world are real people on the other line you actually want you to get what you need. That’s what I have found so far with Patriot.

Pros

The software does exactly what I need it to automatically. But what’s more impressive is the amount of personal customer care that I have received every time I have called in. I have had representatives sit there patiently on the line helping me figure out all the inns and outs of accounts and linking things up without ever feeling hurried or pressed for time. They simply stayed with me until we got the job done.

Cons

It would be nice to set up automatic future recurring payroll without having to schedule each one

Great Software

I enjoy having all in one software. Having payroll, time keeping and accounting all in one is great.

Pros

This software is easy to use. They were very helpful when we integrated.

Cons

I wish we could block user/employees from clocking in or out outside of the use area.

A great service at a great place

Very positive. Prompt responses to questions or requests for help. The website has lots of good information.

Pros

The price is great and it works just fine.

Cons

I wish the salary feature would be more flexible. My pay changes monthly based on how busy I am. I just put in a low monthly salary and pay myself more with bonus pay depending on how the month goes. This works fine but created some confusion when I refinanced my house. Not a big deal though.

Best investment I have made for our company

I have nothing but Good things to say about Patriot Software. I use it at least twice a month for payroll services, so they have kept me on time with payroll txs. More than that, I LOVE that a real person answers when you call with any questions. And Even More, I had a problem occur last year that snowballed into a big problem (not on Patriot's part), but they were there to assist and help to resolve the whole mess that occurred!!!! I love them for that reason. Thank You Thank You is all I can say. One less thing to worry about when running your own business. I appreciate having these guys on my team. They (especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) were SO GREAT to work with to unravel the dilemma we were in with the IRS.

Pros

I found this program Easy to use and the reports are good too.

Cons

I have no negative issues to report. They answer when you call with any questions.

Highly recommended

Amazing!!

Pros

Love how easy friendly the software is. Keeps me organized with reports for taxes and sends documents directly to the IRS.

Cons

I can’t complain about this software. I highly recommend it.

I Love Patriot Software!

Our experience has been fantastic. They people are very nice and helpful.

Pros

The best part of this product is that I can do our own payroll rather than pay an expensive accountant to do it, or go through the arduous task of learning how to do it myself. I also looked into using QuickBooks but that too required an accountant to set it up as well as a learning curve for myself. Patriot assisted with our account set up and it's been running like a dream ever since. When I get any payroll related tax or payroll documents in the mail, I send them in (it's rare) but they help me sort it out.

Cons

The only negative is that I think they're very busy and sometimes it takes a bit for them to get back to me. Otherwise, I have zero complaints. It's the best product for our business.

Great and affordable total payroll and more

I have used Patriot Software for several years and love it. It's the total package. My employees handle their own time cards and payroll forms, Patriot handles all the taxes and filing. All my HR tasks are managed online as well as document handling. For the price, you can go wrong.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, total package.

Cons

The only con is that I would like for it to handle multiple tax rates and tax groups better.

Thanks for your helpful feedback, John! The employee self-service is one of our favorite features, too. We're constantly working to improve our software, so be on the lookout for even more features in the future!

Amazing Payroll Service

Patriot makes it so easy to handle multiple payroll clients and keep on top of everything. The full-service payroll feature is the best!

Pros

Patriot's payroll service is an amazing value. Before settling on Patriot I really shopped around. The program is extremely easy to use and makes offering payroll to my clients a breeze. I love that there is a partner program for bookkeepers/accountants. The customer service is also amazing, I have always received a quick response to my questions. I appreciate their company work environment for their employees as well, it makes me feel good about working with them.

Cons

Setting up new clients can be a little clunky, but seems to have already improved over the time I have been using it.

Patriot Software Payroll Review

I have been pleased overall. Easy to use, the reports/ tax filings packages are great and I have had terrific interaction with support who are always willing to help.

Pros

I like its ease of use, and reporting tools.

Cons

I do not like that it takes 4 days lead time for direct deposit. This should definitely be shortened. I would be willing to pay more for a shorter deposit turnaround.

A Helping Hand...

Over all it has been a nice experience. The only hick-up I had was when I forgot to update my payment card, and Patriot software still kept my account live until I got the card updated.

Pros

The software is very straight forward and user friendly. When ever I am met with a sticking point, the customer service team has always been upbeat, friendly, and able to most importantly solve my issues!

Cons

Just before printing someones paystub or check, the system provides an automated pop up window announcing the next withdraw for taxes will be "$,$$$" for example. It would be nice to know what the payment amount was allocated out for; employee total versus employer total. Heck maybe there is a report that shows just that and I'm not aware...

Thanks for the fantastic review Ben. On Step 2 of payroll, the banner with the total collection amount is at the top, but if you scroll down the page, the breakdown shows each tax and whether it is employee or employer.

Excellent product for small business

Patriot is easy, very simple to use, fast and affordable. I enjoy it.

Pros

This software makes it a breeze to run bi-weekly payroll for +/- 20 employees. It takes about 10 minutes start to finish. All of my direct deposit and taxes are taken care of for me which is a huge time saver.

Cons

Terminating an employee doesn't save a term date so that is annoying. Customer service is a bit slow but still good.

Easy to use and affordable payroll software

Pros

I would assume every payroll software is relatively similar once set up. With Patriot's full service plan, the set up was even easier and a breeze compared to trying to set up payroll with competitors or even my bank. Aside from just set up, there is a ton of helpful information on the site so I don't have to consult with support often.

Cons

It feels a little more "old" design-wise. For me, this isn't a problem since it functions the way I need it to.

Easy to use and administer payroll!

I started with Patriot because I hired one person back in 2017. We were supposed to be a very small operation with no employees. They made it easy to have just one employee. We since have added a second location and have hired and released several others. I used to work (operations HR and GM) at a major retailers (several of them) and Patriot is EASIER than any of their systems I have used.

Pros

Patiot Payroll is a easy self administered payroll who will do all the "back end" work of calculating, deducting and ensuring the deductions get to the correct accounts on time. All we need to do is key the employee info, click finish and print checks.

Cons

Whats not to like when a company makes a task easy?

Accountant

Fantastic. Setup and use is wonderful. Service is exceptional.

Pros

I love having Patriot as a partner to provide payroll and payroll tax services for my clients. Giving my clients control in working directly with Patriot is a huge time saver.

Cons

Haven’t used the accounting integration for a long time because it did not work well and I find it easier to book the entries into the clients bookkeeping software.

Patriot Software the solution to put payroll in the easy column

We needed a software that would handle Payroll and filings. Patriot software fit the need perfectly. No software to upgrade, no tax calculations to handle, no filing to take care of -it is all handled by a patriot. Just simply download the W2s and print and if the employee has agreed to receive an electronic W2 then attach it to their login. They enter the portal and can get directly to it. My favorite part is the no-nonsense filing. You run the payroll and the file. You can even print your checks or set up direct deposit. This software works for you not against you!

Pros

You enter the hours and process the payroll. They handle the filing and all the calculations.

Cons

They were not sure if we would be required to pay SUTA as each state is different. But a call to the state got the information we needed and a call to patriot software finished the setup.

Wow, we are over the moon from your review! We are so happy to hear that payroll is a breeze for you. We also know that getting all your rates in order is a bit tricky -- our customer support team is always available to help sort it out, plus we've got a State Payroll Guide that outlines specific payroll info by state: http://bit.ly/2iW2JLZ Hopefully this helps and thank you for being our customer!

Software Review

Payroll processing is very quick, once you have the company info setup. Also, not having to produce my own W2's & payroll tax returns saves quite a bit of time.

Pros

Software is extremely simple if you have a basic payroll that doesn't change much with each processing - other than hours or salary.

Cons

Having to "Approve" the payroll on the very bottom of the screen has been an issue multiple times. You see the account debit info at the top of the page, but unless you scroll down, the approve button can not be seen - thus forgotten.

Worry Free Payroll

Customer service has been great and fast when I had questions setting things up. It is nice that they continue to add new useful features such as the ability to pay contractors now.

Pros

Easy to use. Takes little time to crank out my payroll now!

Cons

Integration with quickbooks desktop and with HomeBase timeclock to automatically import hours.

Patriot Software

It is efficient and easy to use.

Pros

Easy of use, cost (Especially for Direct Deposit), ability to for employees to access, efficiency, record-keeping, and seamless payroll.

Cons

The reports that it produces are not quite as efficient as those produced through Quickbooks.