Patriot Accounting Logo

Patriot Accounting

Online accounting software made for American businesses

Patriot Accounting Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.89/10

Reviews by rating

I love how easy it is to keep track of my income and expenses with this software. It is the best on the market by far.
I have used the software mainly for payroll. Extremely happy and outstanding support.
I have been very happy with Patriot Accounting. The payroll system is super easy to use.
Also, there is no one report that will show me on a daily or weekly or even monthly Basis just on a single line what each of my employees brings in, gross income.
Other things too that I can't remember. I just remember being really frustrated.
I really did not find anything that I disliked.

Darrell W.

CEO

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Perfect solution for small to midsized businesss

Transcript

Darrell: My name is Darrell. I'm the CEO of my company. We're in the entertainment industry and I give...

KS

Karen S.

Accountant/Owner

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Affordable and User Friendly

Transcript

Karen S.: Hi, my name is Karen. I'm a small business owner and accountant. I rate Patriot's four out...

Michael D.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

State of the art Software

Great advancement over my previous software

Pros

Automated daily import of income and expenditure

Cons

None yet. I can’t seem to find a fault yet.

Darrell W.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Perfect solution for small to midsized businesss

It may sound like I work for the company but honestly if anyone were yo ask me what is the best overall experience I have with software or a subscription service of this type I think patriot would be it based on the ease of use and amazing product support.

Pros

The system is super easy to use and understand and works as it should. Not buggy like some other big name accounting programs. Also if I need support I can honestly say the support team is is ready, willing and qualified to help and they will take the time needed to be sure my issue is handled. To the point that I am amazed at the time and care they take.

Cons

Every so often there is something I have trouble finding ( but support helps me!) part of that may be because I am not an accountant. But even those issues are rare and they are always adding nice features to make my job easier.

SS

Scott S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Sad It Did Not Work Out

Pros

Pricing is excellent and I've heard good things about the software, so I thought I would try it.

Cons

I had started a small marketing company after selling my property management company. I had always used Quickbooks with my prior company and was totally happy with it. After 6 months with my new company, the cost for Quickbooks Online kept increasing. I turned to Patriot Software as a possible alternative. Unfortunately, it did not work out. I'm not an accounting person, but I never had a problem...

JC

Jason C.

Sporting Goods, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great accounting software for my business

Pros

I like how streamlined it is and well formatted for non accounting professionals. It's very easy for me to use and most importantly, I don't screw stuff up. Takes care of all the double-entry journaling for me as I enter transactions.

Cons

My biggest gripe would be the lack of support for 3rd party payment processors that are 2A friendly. There's only a few out there and the partnership that Patriot Software provides isn't one of them.

LG

Lucy G.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Incredible Customer-Service and Strongly Valued Customer Input

Above providing a great software that suits the needs of a small business like ours (without being overly complex), they have outstanding customer service and value fulfillment of customer needs.

Pros

We wanted something that we could tailor to our own needs and that we could more seamlessly transition, from how we previously operated our accounting. We wanted something that was not overly complex to adapt to but that was also able to execute our accounting needs. It's challenging to find programs to best suit the flow of your daily tasks and that can also be flexible with function. Patriot fit all those needs.

Cons

Over the years of using this program, we have asked for many changes (with varying degrees of importance) and I cannot think of one that has not been fulfilled by the Patriot team. I'm not sure how they do it, but they seem dedicated to providing customer needs and to help ease workflow however they are able. They are regularly working to improve their software and needs of customers.

EC

Edward C.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Easy to use and responsive customer service

I do not use Patriot Accounting

Pros

This software is easy to set up and even easier to use. I work for a small firm with only a couple of employees. Our payroll needs are fairly simple and Patriot is intuitive and has robust information available when needed.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Patriot. I guess it would be nice if there was a mobile app that allowed me to run payroll remotely from my desktop.

BP

Becky P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great Software for Double Entry Accounting

Patriot has done everything we need. It is important to have your beginning available when setting up because you cannot go back and enter the beginning balance once the account is set up.

Pros

It has all the features of a double entry accounting system Connects with banks Great price point Pricing based on actual expenses per month Easily shared with accountants/bookkeepers

Cons

Reconciliations are not totally automated Customization can be tricky Must understand double entry accounting - not based solely on checkbooks.

PL

Pam L.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

The Best QB Replacement

So far, I'm finding everything I need and all is going well. I'm very happy.

Pros

It is well worth it the switch from QB! It's very affordable and stable. Patriot Accounting has all the features I need and features my CPA uses for me. I'm so much happier with my bookkeeping since switching.

Cons

It's a few more steps, but that's fine. It is similar to what QB was like before they went online.

TO

Tim O.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Patriot software makes small business accounting and payroll easy!

Pros

Ease of use and ability to get assistance

Cons

None, everything was easy to set up and use

JH

Jeff H.

Investment Management, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great product for small business accounting

My experience has been great - very simple to get started and process all the transactions I needed for this new LLC/C Corp entity

Pros

I changed to Patriot from QB and greatly appreciate the simple yet functional design of the Patriot system. I needed something that could function through primarily JE's initially, and I will add Payroll once the company gets further along.

Cons

I haven't run into any limitations yet, no complaints at all

JU

Jay U.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

It plugs into daily business

We need to be up to the minute aware of what our financial status is, with a streamlined way to invoice our customers, and a responsible way to document all activity.

Pros

Patriot Software Accounting offers all of the reporting we need for daily and monthly tasks. It is very clear how the charts of accounts integrate into the structure of our company.

Cons

It would make a lot more tactile sense to make the daily accounting work from a register type of interface. Using a General Ledger, then notating credits and debit columns, is a slower and less intuitive way to perform transactions than a single entry, customizable register would be. A register-based interface option would provide a far greater sense of user control and confidence.

TG

Tracy G.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Good

Ive never had any problems and staff is always helpful

Pros

Its very user friendly and helps with paying employee tax. We dony have employees at the moment but they still submit the paperwork and I dont have to think about it.

Cons

I really with they would calculate quartlerly taxes and submit them. Quickbooks even though I am not a fan of them they had that option and it was so easy. I would pay more just for this feature.

DA

Duane A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Fair value for benefits and peace of mind

Patriot has helped with organizing and tracking how much an account has received or spent for a year total. If there is any issues customer support has been friendly and supportive in helping resolve the issue quickly.

Pros

Pay roll tax filing eases worries and makes business functionality easier The availability of having a support staff to call with questions is amazing.

Cons

Adjusting the bank totals to match the starting values. When printing checks you are unable to add things in the memo line.

TC

Thomas C.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Patriot Accounting is a Great Solutions for Accounting and Payroll

Very Good and I am hoping that I can find a way to use the product for my other companies.

Pros

Ability to work from Home, Office, or anywhere else is a huge plus.

Cons

The Date field is the only thing that I deal with every day. It should default to the current day.

ND

Nichole D.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

WE LOVE PATRIOT

We switched from QuickBooks to Patriot in May, and we are SO HAPPY we made the switch! Patriot is able to do everything that QuickBooks can, but for a much more reasonable price. Patriot also does a lot of things automatically that you would have to manually enter for QuickBooks. Patriot has made my job a lot easier!

Pros

Automatic features (i.e. transaction rules), clean design, free of clutter! Also, LOVE Patriot's customer service! <3

Cons

I was emailing Patriot support about this - but we would really appreciate the ability to send invoices to customers and charge their credit card (instead of having the customer fill it out). We have customers that we charge every month and would love to be able to do that through Patriot, we're currently using mHelpDesk

MG

Martin G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Best in Class!

Exceedingly positive. I can't say enough about the professionalism and personal service provided by Patriot's team. I am not an accountant, or bookkeeper, or tax consultant...and I don't want to be. Patriot's team gets that, and they treat us with respect and courtesy.

Pros

How much time do you have? I've used all of the major competitors in the field at some time or another. Patriot shares our values and beliefs, as evidenced in every interaction with them. The value for what they provide is unparalleled...not even close. Patriot has been completely transparent and there are no hidden fees or mysteries in function or cost. Patriot Software delivers what they promise and is always great to work with by phone or video conference. We feel like we are valued by them, and that is a plus for a small but growing business.

Cons

My only suggestion is, as always, integrations. I know "that other company" has been around a long time and exercises leverage on the industry. Patriot provides value and performs in a trustworthy and honest manner - we can wait for the integrations and grow with them.

DM

Dan M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

does the job

quickbooks was difficult to use and therefor terribly inaccurate.

Pros

much easier to understand over the other guys. layout and simplicity help drastically

Cons

we keep learning things we're doing wrong and didn't know it. not sure how to solve the problem besides be better at accounting. but we find ourselves doing things one way for months and then find a problem with it. that's on our team but some help before the problem is to big would be best.

KP

Kent P.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Still using Patriot Software after 5+ years

With built-in time card management, I can print payroll in minutes plus free hassle-free direct deposit it just makes it easier to run the company.

Pros

Easy to use, functionality that fits my needs.

Cons

Still don't have a mobile app, no big deal.

JK

Jesse K.

Media Production, self-employed

Patriot is low-cost, efficient accounting software

I love Patriot. It's a simple accounting platform perfect for small businesses with low needs and needing a low budget solution. If they could simplify the double-entry process, or do some of that work automatically, it would be a great option for small business owners.

Pros

Patriot's website was well designed and easy to navigate. It has a stylized but modern look, which I enjoyed. Menus and actions were easy to find, and the price was great. For my small service business I just needed invoices and transaction tracking, and Patriot provides those at a low price, with upgrades if needed.

Cons

Since I'm not an accountant, I don't understand double-entry accounting. When it came time to enter transactions, I got lost in the journal and debit/credit entries. I was really excited to use Patriot instead of the spendy Quickbooks, but the double-entry accounting method was a giant roadblock for me that I couldn't get around.

Thanks for your kind words Jesse. Debits and credits can be confusing. Did you know that we have an "easy" toggle so instead of using debits and credits, you can decrease and increase the amounts for each account. For instance, decrease your checking and increase your expense account. Hope you give it a try! And, we are always available for help, so if you'd like to see a demo of it, please contact us!

JM

John M.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Great Software

Great overall experience. In fact if they can add the multiple payroll account feature I will probably stay with them forever.

Pros

The cost to benefit ratio is huge. It is so much easier and cheaper than quickbooks, with much better support.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to record payroll to separate accounts. For instance If I wanted my management team payroll to come out of one account and my hourly payroll out of another.

DJ W.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Perfect for Tracking 1099 Subcontractor Payments

Fantastic. Their customer support - whether on the phone or through the chat feature - is top notch. Very responsive, friendly and knowledgeable people.

Pros

Patriot Accounting is the best tool I've used for tracking 1099 subcontractor payments throughout the year and producing the necessary end of year forms for tax filings.

Cons

I only use the quick pay features and reporting in the accounting software

BM

Barbara M.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Patriot Accounting works well for very small businesses

Patriot software is great for people who don't need highly sophisticated customization and want to get the work of accounting done easily and simply.

Pros

Easy to use, easy invoicing, easy payment tracking

Cons

Can't create prepayments and debit against them.

KS

Kim S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Patriot Software

I have lots of questions on bank reconciliation. The customer service help I received on my various questions was excellent. Everyone is so knowledgeable and very pleasant.

Pros

Customer service is top notch. When ever I have a question, it is answered either by chat, phone call or searching through the system. Very user friendly.

Cons

I don't like the preset invoice number when creating an invoice. I would like that to be blank. I have my own invoice number to enter, so I need to delete the preset before entering my own.

BW

Betsy W.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great for starter

Pros

Being an inexperienced bookkeeper, this is the most user friendly software for me.

Cons

The ease of correcting items not entered or fixing past errors.

IK

IAN K.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

overall excellent

excellent

Pros

Its ease of using and its inexpensive and i like the efficiency of the customer service.

Cons

merging the bank account with the program