Patriot Accounting Reviews

4.89/5 (53 reviews)

Paulina Nowak

It is a user-friendly cloud-based accounting system for small business owners and accountants.

Reviewed 2018-04-30

What I liked about it that it was quick and easy to use. The software did all the accounting jobs such as bill pay, paid contractors and vendors accurately, tracked the payments, and generated reports. It is great that it is available in the form of application.

DAVID KING

PATRIOT ACCOUNTING HAS MADE MY LIFE EASIER!

Reviewed 2018-02-07
Review Source: Software Advice

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PROGRAM FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS!

Terry K

Easy to Use, Reasonable, with Good Support

Reviewed 2015-08-17

I'm glad I found Patriot Software. I own a small business and was using a local CPA for my payroll, which occurs every other week. Many checks were cut for employees on Friday payday using estimates for their taxes and net. It was always a concern on Monday or Tuesday each week when I'd send in employee hours to my CPA that I'd have them by Friday morning so I could cut checks for my staff. After six or eight months worrying about how to pay my staff, I decided I'd just use Abra HR and Payroll as I did for years when I was the only employee on my payroll. I contacted an Abra reseller to upgrade my license and couldn't believe how expensive it would be. That brought me to Patriot. For a few bucks each month, I can run my payroll from anywhere I can get on the internet. Its easy to use and available night and day. Like any software it has a few little quirks, but none that make me want to stop using it. Overall, its excellent, accessible, and easy enough to use once you figure out how you want things to work. I've told my CPA about it, and now he is recommending Patriot to many of his small business clients with good feedback as well. Good job, Patriot, and thank you.

James Graham

Easy Basic Payroll

Used other for free trial
Reviewed 2018-09-13

This payroll software was easy to setup with use of tutorials and begin using swiftly. The price is cheap and has all the basic functions you need to run simple payroll, and you can cancel at any time with no obligation. For an extra fee, the software will also file all mandatory forms for you with the correct government agencies by their deadlines.

Mya Byrd

Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed 2016-12-08

I absolutely love Patriot Software. The customer service is outstanding and they are a company that truly understands the needs of small business owners like myself.

William Sobol

Great software for doing small business payroll without an accountant

Reviewed 2017-11-14

Patriot Software is a quick setup and you can easily add many employees at any time to a new or existing payroll. On demand payroll is convenient as well for when people need to be paid for different jobs.

Kymberly Smith

Super simple/user-friendly! Customer Service is impeccable.

Reviewed 2015-08-26

We switched over to this software in the middle of the year. While, I chose to set everything up myself, customer service was there right to help with every single step. Any time I've had a question they've been able to answer either right away or find out for me as soon as possible. Our only "cons" would be that our paychecks need to be laid out a little differently than they allow and also, a plus would be to have an automatic vacation time addition. Each payroll I have to manually enter in hours for my employees. It would be nice to just have that added in for me, like I can in Quickbooks. Overall, it's insanely easy and for all of the services, it is way cheaper than Quickbooks. We are so glad we made the switch!

Curt B

Reviewed 2017-02-01

My experience has been a good one. It's quick and easy to use while also doing everything I need it to. It takes care of all the tax submissions so I don't have to and it's at an affordable price. Much more affordable than my accountant had been before switching to Patriot Software. I would definitely recommend.

Beth Denison

This has been very user friendly even for someone who isn't an accountant.

Reviewed 2018-01-16
Review Source: Software Advice

I like that it is easy to use, updates everything at one time and seems reasonably priced. I also like that they have a payroll program that can be tied to it for a reasonable price. The 30 day free trial clinched it for me because I was able to see that it would work for us before making a commitment.

Clyde Northrop

The Best Deal and Serice I Have Found

Reviewed 2015-08-06

"Patriot Software is meeting my business needs, and offers everything a person could want in a Payroll Software Company. In fact, several other Payroll Companies have contacted me wanting to offer me their services. In asking them what they have to offer me, what's included in their services and at what cost, nothing comes close to the value I receive with Patriot; your competition just doesn't cut it! In addition, the Customer Service is the most consistently reliable, most courteous and helpful on the internet that I've ever done business with. Your Customer Service is always Classy! You helped set up my account at no charge. Every Time I have called with a question a friendly, patient and knowledgeable person guided me to the solution. Thanks much for being there for me.

Tamara Price

The software is easy to use and will make processing my payroll alot simplier.

Reviewed 2015-08-05

I was using spreadsheets for my payroll and time sheets but entering them in patriot-software has been a lot simpler. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that the payroll history link disappeared before I was able to enter my complete history and I needed to get paycheck stubs to an employee for past payroll. Other than that, I am looking forward to the ease of my employees clocking in and out online instead of me having to remember what days they called out or was late to work. And patriot software is processing taxes, thank goodness.

Marisa Wilson

Perfect for an individual employer looking for a basic and easy to use payroll service!

Reviewed 2015-09-09

I decided to pay my nanny over the table and was looking for a very basic payroll service that would calculate everything for me while also being affordable. Patriot definitely fit the bill. It's super reasonably priced, easy to use, and has the all the features I was looking for. Their customer service is extremely helpful and responsive when setting everything up. Bonus that they have free direct deposit. The only drawback so far is they don't support multiple pay rates for one employee/payroll (in a nanny situation this is common - 1 child vs 2 child rates); however, there was a pretty simple workaround and this feature is apparently going to be released soon. A+

Laci Mulick

Patriot Accounting Software

Reviewed 2018-12-18

I love that it keeps track of all my payroll and employee information and sets recommendations on what should be done. Very user friendly.

Kathi Johns

Wonderful! Can't say enough positive things about this product!

Reviewed 2015-07-31

We are a small family owned service provider company, and this product has helped us streamline our invoicing in one place, get up to date P&L statements, and know in an instant who still owes us money, who pays on time, and what our status is. The customer service is bar-none, their in-line chat feature is great, and their helpful hints and intuitive format makes learning this product very easy. If you are a small business owner, this product is an invaluable tool!

Lyman Schimming

Great! I Love it, I tell all my fellow small business owners about it.

Reviewed 2015-09-10

Pro: Very easy to use and simple. Reports are accurate and easy to read. Cons: Not really any... It would be nice if there was an easier way to handle employee purchases that are deducted from their pay. You can add money to a persons pay (like reimbursements for employee paid expenses) easily, but you can't deduct money without editing deductions before running payroll, then you have to remember to go back and change the deductions amount before the next payroll or you'll deduct the sames amount again...

Kenisha Williams

Easy to Navigate

Reviewed 2016-11-10

Great product. Easy to navigate through. It has access to online help and step by step instructions on how to accomplish what you are needing to accomplish.

Bethany Dragoo

Quick and easy

Reviewed 2015-08-03

I had no problems quickly learning and using this software. They walk you through every step with helpful videos and tutorials. I needed a payroll software to pay the people that took care of my father and so many were either complicated, or seemed like overkill. If you want something simple that can grow with you, Patriot Pay is for you.

Kris Wilson

Great Program!

Reviewed 2015-07-26

I am very happy with the service. Great one on one customer service. It is easy to use and has cut my workload in half. My only complaint is I wish the customer service was open more hours, sometimes work on payroll late or on the weekends and need help. Besides that - great program. I would highly recommend it!

Melisa Richardson

Reviewed 2017-07-21
Review Source: Software Advice

This product was easy to use. At first I hadn't had much luck with organizing my accounting, but this app definitely helped!

matt grams

great experience

Reviewed 2017-09-07

Great customer service

Michelle Samora

Great Product, Great Service!

Reviewed 2015-08-03

I run a small business and use Patriot Pay for my payroll needs. It is very easy to setup and use and the price is good too! It's great having the chat option available, there are always knowledgeable representatives right there, waiting to help and the longest I have waited for a response was around 1 minute. Patriot Pay is great, and I would recommend it to everyone!

Kim Teed

Simply the Best

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2016-12-06

We utilize it for 1099's etc. The software is intuitive, and straightforward, so easy to use, even for a non-accounting type person. The support staff is very patient and knowledgeable. I highly recommend Patriot software.

Stephanie Fields

Good product for small business

Reviewed 2015-08-18

I have found that will the minimal knowledge that I already had concerning business taxes this product is exactly what I needed to not have to pay high prices for an accountant. They also have been helpful in making sure that we have applied for and pay all taxes that we should. There were several things that I was unaware of that need to be paid.

Rob Bramhall

Quick, easy, great customer service

Reviewed 2015-11-02

Customer service was amazing too, being a customer with only one employee and I understand a huge infrastructure being put in place and so happy that there is an offering available for small companies for an amazing cost of only $10/month!

Vickie Giesen

Unbelievably Easy!!

Reviewed 2015-07-08

Was concerned about bringing payroll in to the office. However, the Patriot Pay Software is really easy to navigate. And when you hit a point where / when you need help, the Customer Service is phenomenal. Have use the Chat and the Phone contact. All reps I have talked with have been extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Lam Ho

Our best friend! The perfect solution for our small nonprofit

Reviewed 2015-07-23

We're a very small nonprofit organization, and we needed an option that was easy, convenient, and of course inexpensive. Patriot has met our needs and expectation...and more. After setting up direct deposit, Patriot handles everything. It takes us less than 10 minutes to do our bi-monthly payroll, and Patriot does the rest--including all the tax filings and reports.

Lisa Taylor

This software is quick and easy to use!

Reviewed 2015-08-17

Everything from payroll to taxes to W-2s is well set up and the staff are professional and courteous and leave the clients with peace of mind. I wouldn't use any other software for my business and employee needs.

Christopher Cline

Excellent payroll service at a great price

Reviewed 2015-07-06

I've used Patriot for over two years now. Entering payrolls is straightforward and easy. Patriot has been flawless with all federal and state filings. Best of all, whenever I've had a question, there was a knowledgeable person immediately on the the line with an answer. Five stars for Patriot in all categories!

Jerry Hicks

Awesome Service

Reviewed 2015-07-21

Patriot is super easy to use for a non accountant person such as myself. Simply enter in the payroll period hours worked and it's all taken care of for you! The tax service is such a huge weight lifted of my shoulders! I love it!

Lloyd M.

It's been 6 months and all is great.

Reviewed 2015-07-19

I have use other payroll companies for years. When I saw that my employees can see their stubs, make changes to address and tax info without me, I fell in love wth Patriot. My employees also find it easy to use and the prices are great.

Jessica Danielewicz

Our experience so far has been great and questions are answered in a very timely manner.

Reviewed 2015-08-31

This software is very user friendly. Entering in payroll is pretty easy and if there have been any questions, customer service has been very helpful.

Dave Dooley

Great Software - Always Works! Great Price! Wonderful Support!

Reviewed 2015-08-12

I have had a great experience working with Patriot Pay! Always works and customer support is always ready to help me with any type of question ! Thanks keep up the good work

Curt Blabaum

Great!

Reviewed 2015-07-20

I really like the software so far. It has been easy to set up, easy to use and when I called in, the customer service was pleasant and informative. So far I have no complaints.

Kristy Winegarner

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed 2015-07-02

Customer service is amazing. I love the online chat option and the staff is always very helpful. The software is easy to use and with the full service they take care of everything!

Christina Lane

Year three - great service and perfect for us

Reviewed 2015-09-04

We are a super small, 5 employee operation and we needed a lot of support and help at the start setting up payroll and understanding everything! Patriot really saved us!!

Jeff Parks

Relatively painless

Reviewed 2015-07-14

Pretty straightforward in set up and maintenance, Customer Service is also good with an online chat at the ready anytime I had any questions.

Max Bridge

Full Service Payroll

Reviewed 2015-07-17

We are pleased with the Patriot software. Pros: easy to use, pays taxes on my behalf, prepares w-2, can be reached by phone or chat promptly. Cons: don't know of any.

Jodie Heorge

Great value!

Reviewed 2015-06-29

Robust payroll software that super easy to use and has all the desired functionality. Customer service very responsive via chat and email. Did I mention that it's a great value!?

Elliot Marks

Easy

Reviewed 2015-08-23

Love this payroll software. Very easy to use and a great value. 100% satisfied

Yvette Kline

Love the ease of it

Reviewed 2015-07-28

I really like it and it's ease of use. The only con are the reports available

Eric Feldmann

Patriot Payroll Software

Reviewed 2015-08-05

Patriot is easy to use, cost effective and the technical support is second to none.

Amaury Tapia

Perfect for the non expert

Reviewed 2015-09-10

Easy setup excellent guide

William Wei

Great web based software

Reviewed 2015-07-24

I have signed 4 different LLCs and running the payroll every month. It works great for us.

Dwight Borges

Excellent accounting product

Reviewed 2015-08-13

I even told my brother to use Patriot for his business

Rv Rv

Quick Summary

Reviewed 2015-08-17

I'm impressed and considerably happy with my product . keep the good work up..

vivek bhakta

quick and easy

Reviewed 2015-08-09

good service and easy to use.

Lynn van Nuys

Great Support

Reviewed 2015-07-14

Program is easy to use and support, both online and on the phone is wonderful - fast, helpful answers to all my questions.

Brent Spath

Customer Service

Reviewed 2015-11-06

We had some questions with the payroll reports. The customer service representative was very helpful and made the process very easy and understandable.

David parrish

great deal works well !

Reviewed 2015-07-06

great deal works well !

Maggie Perry

Great product!

Reviewed 2015-09-01

Love this software for my solo private practice in health care!

Shonda Allred

I really enjoy this software. It makes it easy.

Reviewed 2015-08-27

I like this software all the way around

Tamara Maye

I thought it was very easy to setup. Online application makes it very efficient.

Reviewed 2015-07-13

I love the website, and it is very affordable.

Thomas Ginster