Patriot Accounting Reviews - Page 3

Excellent Value

No complaints, very easy to use.

Pros

The ease of my payroll and year end reporting

Cons

I wish it had features for a statutory employee used in an LLC

Patriot Payroll

This is cost-effective and sold spending a lot of money on Payroll services which is always necessary if you can get away from when running a small business!

Pros

Everything is clear and polished on this user-friendly Payroll service!

Cons

Nothing because the very first time I was able to learn about this through my associate who also showed me how to set up the free trial and from there I went on and bought the service!

From QB To Patriot

Good some ways, frustrating in others. Software is easy to work with, but is too simplistic in some ways.

Pros

Moving from QB was fairly easy. Invoicing was failry easy to pick up and use.

Cons

You need to have the ability to use batches for payments received and it would be nice if the payroll psoting was broken down by department when posted to G/L. Vendor payment process is silly. You have to go to multiple places to just pay a vendor bill.

Excellent for Small Businesses!

It's a time-saver, allowing us to focus on our business rather than on administration.

Pros

Patriot integrated seamlessly with our earlier systems. Having been in business for over 20 years, we had a lot of history and couldn't just start fresh. Easy to link our bank accounts and get started quickly.

Cons

I'd like a full-service app for when we're on the road.

All-around GREAT!

Excellent documentation. Knowledgeable and responsive customer support.

Pros

The programming team listens to my suggestions. They effectively add more features and functionality that improves its usefulness.

Cons

I don't find anything to dislike. I can imagine either some more flexible reporting or additional reports, but I find reporting adequate as it is.

Safety Consultant

Its been a good one

Pros

ease of use for a non accountant and the ease of invoicing my customers

Cons

need to be more flexible in invoicing to be able to produce duplicate invoices

Patriot has been great for my small business!

I have been very pleased with my experience with Patriot, and have already recommended to my friends.

Pros

I love the ease of use, and customer service, especially for someone who isn’t an accountant!

Cons

There isn’t anything to dislike, I just had to learn my way around the software.

Does everything I need

Pros

The software will automatically correct you if you make an entry that doesn't balance. Very user friendly. The layout is great and the reports are insightful.

Cons

If I didn't have a business degree and taken a few accounting classes it would probably have been tough to get started. Making journal entries more than two lines and knowing which categories to use would be difficult with no prior experience. I struggled for a couple months trying to remember what I had learned from accounting 101 back in College.

Very happy with Patriot Software

Pros

It is easier to use and get started than quickbooks

Cons

I wish there were more videos to help with some accounting education.

Best Product for Accounting for smaller companies

Pros

Excellent product for keeping track of income vs expenses and invoices

Cons

The account sections interface and toll navigations needs to be easy to access

DISAPPOINTED

Pros

SET UP WAS EASY, DOWNHILL AFTER THAT. PERHAPS IT IS ACTUALLY EASIER THAN I AM EXPECTING, AND NOT GIVING IT A CHANCE.

Cons

PERHAPS I DID NOT SETUP CORRECTLY, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE ANY TRANSACTION I DO IS LIKE PERFORMING JOURNAL ENTRIES ONLY, I AM USED TO QUICKBOOKS, VERY EASY AND INTUITIVE, PATRIOT NOT SO MUCH, EXAMPLE IS ADDING ACCOUNTS ON THE FLY IN THE MIDDLE OF TRANSACTIONS, INSTEAD OF CANCELLING TRANSACTION, AND CREATING THE ACCOUNT, THEN START OVER WITH THE TRANSACTION

Easy to Use, Reasonable, with Good Support

I'm glad I found Patriot Software. I own a small business and was using a local CPA for my payroll, which occurs every other week. Many checks were cut for employees on Friday payday using estimates for their taxes and net. It was always a concern on Monday or Tuesday each week when I'd send in employee hours to my CPA that I'd have them by Friday morning so I could cut checks for my staff. After...

Cons

Thanks for the great review Terry. We are happy you found value in our software. We enjoy serving you, and are looking forward to having many more years doing so!

Great Basic software

Great software overall. Very helpful support staff.

Pros

Pricing is great for basic accounting. Meets 90% of a clients needs. Perfect for small schedule C businesses.

Cons

Doesn't offer (yet) features needed for multiple divisions of larger businesses. Or specific features needed to operate mid size service orientated companies.

Quality of Patriot Software usage

Fantastic!

Pros

The software is user-friendly, easy to setup your business information.

Cons

I really did not find anything that I disliked.

The accounting system I have used for the price

So far it has been a great system to access either on my computer or phone

Pros

It was easy to set up and since not a big company did not need all the bells and whistle that cost a fortune to have and not use.

Cons

I wish the invoice numbers would print on the attachment that I print to send with my checks

Glad I found Patriot Software

Very good

Pros

Paying a staff member is so easy and fast!

Cons

Adjusting to a new style of format is my problem not patriots. I’ll get the hang of it

Great Program!

Very helpful!

Pros

I did my own payroll and tax submission the first year we were in business. I had no idea what I was doing! I signed on with patriot and life became so much easier! No more forgetting taxes or form submissions, etc.

Cons

No cons, not used for payroll and it’s great!

Good product for the price

Overall good experience. No real issues for me. The price

Pros

Very easy to use. Works good for my company. Reasonable price.

Cons

No major cons. Works good for my purposes.

Payroll

Pros

Reasonably priced, friendly customer service, easy to use or given good instructions if needed.

Cons

I am a seasonal business and on the 941-tax return on part 2 number 18 there’s a check mark for seasonal employers to check if they are seasonal so they do not have to file a return for every quarter until they are open for business. Patriot payroll’s system does not allow their program to check this. I would think this should be an easy thing to fix but for some reason they say they cannot change this.

Only One Option for CC processing

Everything was fine except for getting CreditCard Processing setup.

Pros

Customer support for everything but the credit card processing was great. Pretty Simple to use. You so need to be more of an accountant than you do with Quickbooks.

Cons

There is only on Option for a credit card processor and the customer support for this is awful. If your application is denied there is no clear appeals process. Getting the application reset was a nightmare. The Credit Card processor points you at Patriot for support and Patriot points you to the Credit Card Process for support. After fighting with this for two weeks i switched to Quickbooks.

Great option for small business

Patriot helps keep me organized so I can spend my time on other tasks.

Pros

Affordable and provides easy access for employer and employee.

Cons

Customer service hard to get a hold to fix a tax issue we had. It eventually got resolved, but it was a hassle. I wish it had a few more features.

Great product for a great price

Like Patriot Payroll, would recommend it to everyone looking for a do it yourself payroll company.

Pros

I like that I can make multiple payroll runs at a single time and do not have to go in every week to submit payroll.

Cons

Making changes to presubmitted payroll isn't easy

User Friendly

Overall, I am satisfied with this software

Pros

Patriot accounting is very user friendly. Patriot customer support is also very helpful.

Cons

Integration from the other product was easy. I dont see any Cons as of now.

Leaves something to be desired

The staff was very persistent in reaching me. However when I did finally have time to answer their call. The person on the line snickered at the difficulties that I had expressed and ultimately they were not able to really help me. I sent a support request awhile back that I have not heard back from. I do not feel like my issues have been taken seriously. This has turned me off from me using the software. I have realized what issues I need to fix but the clunkyness has also made working with the software feel like more of a chore than an asset. I need things to just work so that I can focus on my business.

Pros

I like it’s intention. It has all the right things going for it. Dedicated staff, walkthrough for set up, all of the right features that you would need.

Cons

It is clunky. I have very difficult time fixing my mistakes in set up. I would have a much better time if I could go back and batch edit. This difficulty has made me unable to use. I wish I could more easily import and export information. Excel files are limited. It would be nice if there was an api so that I could actually integrate.

Hi Jacob, Your experience is not typical for our users and is concerning to us. We are reaching out to you now to try to help you with your setup and are here for you until your questions are answered!

Great value, Excellent Convenience

Pros

I love that Patriot Software calculates and reports all my payroll tax information. As a small business owner, I don't have time for all the busywork that used to come with payroll and taxes. I had tried QB for payroll and never could make it work.

Cons

My business is small, so Patriot Software covers all my needs.