PayPal Checkout Reviews

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

stripe
tipalti

Overall I love the software and the features & functionality of it & maintaining checkout transactions & receipts, it’s a great way to shop quick, fast & on the go.
Otherwise my experience has been very good and amazing alltogether.
What's a real shame here is that the full functions of this software are not available in all countries.
Hoestly I have yet to experience any downside and I have nothing to add in this section.
We sell dietary supplements and they deem that to be a "risky" industry.

Arnold C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

My business would not work without PayPal

Using it for over 10 years. It's a great system for payment processing. Really like it.

Pros

It's known by most of customers. It's fast and easy. People simply like PayPal

Cons

Unfair fee in case if your customers do chargebacks.

RS

Robert S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Makes checkout easier

Good, but we minimize our use due to the fear that they may freeze our account at any random moment because we sell dietary supplements.

Pros

PayPal checkout makes checkout easier for customers and gives them the flexibility to utilize PayPal's Buy Now Pay Later program. This all happens seamlessly and PayPal handles the credit, etc.

Cons

Sometimes they decline a good charge from a good customer and they don't allow you to manually approve it. So sometimes we have to put things through manually via another service. Also, if you are in any type of industry that they deem is risky, they may just randomly one day freeze your account and hold your money for 6 months. We sell dietary supplements and they deem that to be a "risky" industry.

MT

Michael T.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Convenient Payment Processing, Limited Support

Pros

PayPal Checkout is extremely easy to use and allows many forms of payment. Payments are processed quickly and can be transferred to and from your PayPal account instantly.

Cons

On the rare occasion that I have an issue with a payment or a security issue, customer support takes a long time to reach and isn’t always very helpful. In the one instance where I had a transaction disputed by the buyer, PayPal resolved the situation fairly, but it took a very long time.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Revolutionize Your Business with PayPal Zettle

i love that it is very straight forward and easy to use for any age group but the customer services in my country is so bad because the helpline also indicates that the number doesn't exist but it's very handy for my online businesses so no complaints there.

Pros

That the PayPal Checkout is optimized for mobile devices, ensuring a seamless checkout experience for me who is fond of shopping on my smartphone and ipad.

Cons

Yoh, the PayPal charges fees for processing payments. While these fees can be competitive, they can add up, especially for small businesses with high transaction volumes. It's crucial to understand the fee structure and how it impacts your bottom line. I struggled with this for a while before getting a hand of it.

Lindsey Raye P.

Retail, self-employed

PayPal Is safest way for you to pay

Pros

I like to PayPal check out because you were able to add multiple types of cards, bank accounts, etc. in order to choose to pay from securely to most sites online

Cons

Sometimes logging into PayPal. It was always frustrating. It seems like my password was never kept or the same so I had to

SB

Sarah B.

Market Research, self-employed

Pronto Payments

I love PayPal Check versatility, it is handy, fast, and secure.

Pros

It is fast and secure; I love the fact I do not have to enter in any personal information or jumble through a stack of credit cards to get things done! It is a win, win.

Cons

The price is a little steep considering they charge you to send money to anyone.

Fortunato B.

Photography, 51-200 employees

Perfect

Pros

I love it, really fast and simple to use. It's just perfect.

Cons

I never had any issues while using PayPal Checkout, it's amazing the way it is.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Fast Payment Processing

Pros

Paypal is a fast and easy and very convenient payment processing system. You wouldn't have wait so long like other platforms to receive your money.

Cons

Paypal services are a bit restrictive in some countries. which means we always to think of different payment platforms when we are dealing with clients in those countries.

PM

Paul M.

Photography, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

PayPal checkout is my trusted online payment tool

Overall experience is simply faultless and extremely trustworthy

Pros

Completely easy to use and select different methods of payments - from paypal credit to bank account and credit cards. I have multiple choices to use and this is a very important aspect of the system. Also they have added Curve which has proved even more versatile

KB

Kevin B.

Retail, self-employed

Great service to have.

Pros

The ease of use and how trusted PayPal is.

Cons

None I can currently think of, but there is always areas to improve just not sure where at the moment.

KG

Krystin G.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

PayPal - safe, reliable, secure and easy

For many years I’ve been using PayPal as a customer and business owner and I couldn’t be happier. It’s always a smooth transaction and I know it’s secure and safe because PayPal cares about customers.

Pros

PayPal checkout has always been the easiest and fastest checkout I’ve used. I know it’s safe, reliable and secure. As a business owner it’s safe and simple to use. As a customer I prefer to use PayPal too. I don’t ever stress with PayPal.

Cons

There’s not much I don’t like about PayPal checkout. I’ve never had any problems with it aside from embedding into my websites but that’s more of a reflection on my capabilities and not PayPal.

Ej

Emmanuel jeremiah J.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

The best payment method ever

otherwise my experience has been very good and amazing alltogether.

Pros

What I like about PayPal check out is that it is very easy to use and and convenient in a way that for all the websites I use for example that require payment methods, it is always available on the list.I also love the fact that it is secure to use when i am doing my purchases.

Cons

what I least like about PayPal checkout is the issue of freezing my account, okay I know its for security reasons but I think they need to first confirm from the account owner before.Then sometimes the charges are little expensive too.

VC

Vittorio C.

Online Media, self-employed

Paypal for business and personal use

Paypal is the most common app for payments and probably one of the most safe for the business. I've used that for a lot of years for personal use and for some months for my business. My overall experience must be positive cause there would not be a reason to make that negative

Pros

Paypal has lot of pros and very few cons. First pros can be the safe and easy way you can pay almost everywhere. The support is really fast and able to help you

Cons

Nothing to say about the cons of this app because have always satisfied my experience and resolved my problems

MB

Mario B.

Farming, 51-200 employees

PayPal sempre sicuri

Ho avuto diverse volte dei risarcimenti per frodi o prodotto arrivato danneggiato, sono sempre stata risarcito per intero ,ho meta , varia dal problema avuto

Pros

Mi piace la possibilità di essere sempre coperto da eventuali frodi come gia successo ed essere risarciti.

Cons

Ha molti anni che lo uso , nessun problema da riferire , mi trovo benissimo

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

OG

Osvaldo G.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Es muy util para comprar o vender.

Pros

Me encanta porque permite realizar ventas y compras desde cualquier parte del mundo sin incomvenientes.

Cons

No me gusto que la primera vez que recibi un pago lo retubieron por 20 dias manifestando que se requeria mas informacion, despues de este tiempo desembolsaron el dinero en mi cuenta sin ningun problema.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

KT

Karis T.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

PayPal Checkout is the best

PayPal Checkout is The best ever. I had a wonderful experience with him in storing and transferring money along with very easy online shopping with a very high degree of security. Thank you. Keep it up.

Pros

What I loved about PayPal Checkout is its ease of use and the degree of security present

Cons

There is nothing specific, I think everything is perfect

PP

Peshian P.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Check out

I use it for selling products online and is is there to be accessed and used

Pros

PayPal has an API which is the integrate with the user's website for checkmate process and also accept the different methods of payments.

Cons

PayPal has a lot of current accounts which may lead to scum and sometimes it's not easy to access the customer care service and instead of artificial intelligence bot

NF

Nicholette F.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Paypal checkout for a simple and safe way to transact online

Excellent overall but would have liked to know about the threshold before accessing funds.

Pros

Paypal checkout has recently been installed on my Shopify shop and was so quick and simple to link to a bank account. Customers have used it on all my recent orders. The fact that I can see all transactions, both in and out the account, at a glance has made tracking payments so easy.

Cons

Paypal is not accepted in my country, South Africa which has been a huge downfall and I had to look elsewhere for payments from Africa. Plus there was no disclosure that they withheld the first $200 in my account before allowing me to withdraw or transfer the funds. This should be mentioned somewhere.

bl

bengono l.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

online payment

Pros

the best online payment tool this software has to offer because it's practical internationally

TK

Tara K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy overall look for PayPal options at checkouts

Overall if a business offers PayPal checkout I am more likely to buy from or bill pay online with that business as I know PayPal is familiar with said business and my transactions are covered. Make sure if PayPal checkout is not available to read the small print and reviews to give a best educated guess if the transaction could be a scam or not.

Pros

The thing i like the most about PayPal checkout is I feel covered if anything is to go wrong on transactions if they have the PayPal checkout option available. I find almost all reputable businesses to offer it. The ones that don't can be a red flag and a scam or not well known business.

Cons

What i like least about PayPal are the glitches in the app itself. It can go down for long periods of time leaving customers without access to their accounts and funds.

SH

ShaDiamond H.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

If paypal is available making online purchases I will be using it

Pros

Fast, Convenient, and Secure. I have never had to worry about my account getting hacked because PayPal has a secure system where you can set up two-factor authentication codes. That security make me comfortable when making online purchases

Cons

Not applicable, I can’t think of anything I don’t like about PayPal checkout it has always been reliable for me.

PF

Peter F.

Sports, self-employed

PayPal checkout

Pros

Very straightforward and wash to set up.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about PayPal checkout

JP

Josephine P.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Paypal Checkout, pour payer en ligne

Globalement satisfaite du logiciel qui repond bien à son rôle.

Pros

Très simple d'utilisation avec une protection acheteur pour les utilisateurs, paiement rapide et sécurisé.

Cons

Il est très facile de se connecter à son compte, une double vérification serait bienvenue.

Showing original review in French. See translation

RH

Ricky H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Easy and Secure payment method

Pros

It is a secure payment method and is protected from Paypal. If there is a problem, we can get the money back easily.

Cons

We may need to pay attention to check which account was linked to Paypal.

CB

Christina B.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Checkout using PayPal Checkout

Pros

Ease of use and instant mobile and or email notifications ensure your money transactions are safe and secure.

Cons

None to mention. PayPal is great. Very trustworthy.