PayPal Invoicing Logo

Free online invoice creation and sending

PayPal Invoicing Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.88/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

stripe-billing
zoho-invoice

My over all experience with PayPal invoicing has been great. I have not had any issues at all my customers like it too.
Overall, I would recommend this software. PayPal invoicing is great for beginners and super easy to figure out.
Our clients enjoy paying with ease and we have never had an issue in the past with PayPal. Customer service has also been great in answering any questions we have.
If PayPal suspects any type of fraudulent activity going on, they freeze your payment, which can be frustrating because it’s usually something small that I didn’t fill out or made a mistake about.
But sometime paypal hold your payment for more than 7 days which i think is bad thing about paypal invoicing.
They could cancel your account with no explanation.

Alexandria K.

Owner

Retail, 1-10 employees

Invoicing made easy

Transcript

Alexandria H: My name is Alexandria. I own a women's consignment store, and I give PayPal Invoicing a...

Dale W.

Facilities Management

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Simple & Quick

Transcript

Dale: Hi, I'm Dale. I'm a owner of a beauty and cosmetic line. And I give PayPal Invoicing a three out...

Joseph M.

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Agrxis Review on PayPal Invoicing

Overall, my experience with PayPal Invoicing has been excellent. The user interface of the app is easy to use, and it has made it tremendously convenient for me to submit invoices to my clients. I value the app's versatility and customization possibilities, which let me modify each invoice to suit my unique requirements and brand. Real-time tracking of payments and unpaid balances has also been a tremendous...

Pros

I truly value PayPal Invoicing's convenience and adaptability. I love that I can personalize each invoice with my own branding and content, and it's so simple to design and send my clients bills that appear professional. I can simply keep track of payments and unpaid balances with the help of the app, and I get notifications when customers examine and pay their bills. Another significant benefit is...

Cons

No complain so far about PayPal Invoicing

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Instrumental in Early Stage B2B Company

We used paypal invoicing options to grow revenues 60% y/y starting in 2011. We also used the invoicing buy new and subscription buttons to test licensing and payment options for a variety of in-house products and services. It was incredibly useful to be able to make changes quickly, put them in production to measure the results. A big part of this is that anyone could market a new product and begin testing, without having to schedule developer resources to process payments.

Pros

Allows us to quickly monetize new offerings and new product variations Many different charging and payment options available Attractive fee structure Easy to setup and manage Appropriate for b2b transactions where aesthetics are less significant.

Cons

Somewhat Limited Customization - to create a buying experience that doesn't feel you're "inside" of paypal is not trivial (and now is easier to do with other offerings). While the Paypal api has improved recently, it's still not as flexible as stripe, aws fps or aws devpay.

Mo'men Y.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

PayPal Invoicing Review

It's the most reliable payment system in the world, however, there are many things to be improved, which I honestly don't think PayPal will work on any time soon... Maybe at all.

Pros

PayPal is easy to understand, easy for everyone to use and learn in almost no time. What I like about it the most is that it's pretty smooth and fast. I used it for both business and individual purposes and I liked the ease of the process, regardless of what I did. I haven't found any issues with receiving money or transferring money from PayPal to my card. I used the invoicing tool to request payment and it went very smooth and fast. I've also used it to send money, and I haven't found issues with it. However, there might be a few things to be mentioned when we talk about room for improvement.

Cons

Charge-backs are definitely a thing to mention when we talk about the cons of PayPal. PayPal isn't the greatest choice for certain types of business (drop-shipping is an example). Also, taxes are ridiculous and not easy to understand. At some point, PayPal would be awesome for your business at a certain size, but if your business got bigger, you'd definitely need another option that'd be more cost-friendly, even if not as reliable as PayPal.

TO

Thomas O.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

My go-to invoicing app

Pros

It's quicks and simple with reminders that lets me get invoices paid faster.

Cons

Adding business address can be improved. Takes a few steps to show it on the invoice. But I wouldn't change the app.

BJ

Brett J.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

A Crucial Payment Manager For All Independent Contractors and Small Businesses

We, The Last King have been using PayPal's invoicing features for about 7 years now since we started our band back in 2014. Upon achieving a consistent following that wanted to purchase our music in merchandise back in 2014 we needed a dedicated payment processing manager to not only use for all business expenses and merch purchasing costs, but to also accept a wide range of payment types to keep our merch moving at a consistent pace so that we can continue to be a band and generate the funding necessary to keep making music for a strong duration. We haven't looked back since as PayPal is the primary catalyst we use daily in managing all band sales, payment types, ordering requests, and inventory forecasts.

Pros

PayPal truly is a crucial component in our band's daily success as we love the mobile accessibility PayPal provides us with on the go alongside the peace of mind we receive from not only situating invoices within the PayPal app but also completing payments and accepting various external payment types to speed up our overall functionality and boost sales for the long-term.

Cons

Aside from PayPal's fees which are standard and to be expected with each transaction where there is no monthly recurring fee or cost to utilize Paypal, there are no negatives to using the program. Between the tax benefits, user-friendly accessibility, mobile benefits, and ease of use collecting/sending invoices there is no payment manager as beneficial or organized as PayPal!

EM

Eleni M.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Easy to use .

I run a small shop and searched and search for a way to send invoices and save products for easy Invoicing. I finally found PayPal and haven't looked back. I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease and I hav Had zero issues with it so far!

Pros

I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease .

Cons

The set up in the app is a little confusing at first but once you get used to isn't it's really not an issue.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

All about convenient payment method

It is very easy and convenient to use.

Pros

It's a website and application I've used for a year and will continue to use in the future. It instantly links your bank account for overseas purchases and allows you to pay with just a few clicks, making life a whole lot easier. It is really safe. I highly recommend it if you're seeking for a quick and convenient way to transfer money or pay online.

Cons

The only cons you may encounter is the account verification which requires documents that indicates your complete address and your name on it. Bills are used for this, however, if you are living with your parents and the name indicated in it is your father's or mother's name or anybody from your family, it would be harder to verify your account. In order to get this process easy, make sure that you have a document to use as proof of your address with your name iprocndicated in it like bank statement.

Briann H.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Best thing ever

I love PayPal and have used PayPal for over 5+ years for my business. Even when I tried new stuff I always made my way back to PayPal.

Pros

I love the fact that I can create and save templates for invoicing. I have several different templates saved for different services. I also love the fact that I can use this platform on my phone as well. Makes creating invoices a breeze. Also the option now to add a tip on the invoice and minimum payment as well.

Cons

There is nothing really to complain about with this invoicing app. Its easy to use.

Amanda H.

Online Media, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

PayPal is a hit or miss platform!

I stopped using this as my primary platform due to the inconsistency and ability to be confident that I would receive my money when I was paid in a prompt manner, having to wait sometimes 21+ days to have funds released when they are requesting the same documents you've previously provided them.

Pros

I love how easy it is for clients to use makes it super convenient to utilize for payment.

Cons

The way paypal will decide when to hold funds even when they have the same paperwork on file that they are requesting. This becomes unreliable for the service provider.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

One of my favorite Feature of PayPal

Clean, simple, and straightforward to use and when you get paid it goes right to your account.

Pros

I love that it is ingratiated to your Paypal account. It's free, which is great. No frills, but really do you need any?

Cons

I really don't have any negatives to say about PayPal invoicing. It's not fancy and I don't have a large number of invoices to send so I don't know how difficult it would be to batch invoices.

SV

Shamika V.

Logistics and Supply Chain, self-employed

Excellent, User Friendly and Less Expensive

My customers are pleased with how easy it is to pay through the invoice. I always give the disclaimer that they do not have to have a PayPal account to pay for the invoice so they use their debit and credit card with that option on the invoice. Also the partial payment feature is awesome for customers that make installments!

Pros

Also I only pay processing fees and no monthly subscription which is great!

Cons

I don't have any complaints with PayPal invoicing

LS

Lindy S.

Fine Art, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Getting Money Without a Hassle

PayPal Invoicing has provided me a very good experience over several years. I sell high dollar, luxury items and use this to set up custom financing for clients. Never lost a dime using this method.

Pros

Straightforward and easily customized, PayPal invoicing allows me to quickly create and email an invoice to a client. They have the option to pay directly thru their credit card, or using their PP account, and that choice is clearly shown. I can select to let them make a partial payment, determine the minimum amount of that payment... lots of flexibility. I can send the invoice from my own email, or let PP send it--or both.

Cons

No integration problems, but I don't let the software do anything automatically (such as auto-billing monthly statements) because it seems the platform is constantly being tweaked and I don't trust that for auto-financial notices.

RH

Rebecca H.

Photography, self-employed

Great Invoicing Tool !

I use PayPal invoicing weekly for general invoicing as well as payment plans. It allows for reminders and allow you to track everything for tax purposes.

Pros

The simplicity of set up and use allows you to use it immediately to send your first invoice.

Cons

The mobile application is not as versatile as the desktop version and has less features.

MZ

Muhammad Z.

Design, 1-10 employees

PayPal Review

PayPal Invoicing is an invoicing software that allows businesses to create and send customized invoices to their customers. The software also includes features such as online payment processing, mobile payments, tax calculation, and invoice history tracking.Businesses use PayPal Invoicing to streamline their invoicing and payment processes, allowing them to get paid faster and more efficiently. By...

Pros

Pros:Easy to use: PayPal Invoicing is known for its user-friendly interface, making it easy for users to create and send professionalFeatures that are most impactful:Online payments: PayPal Invoicing's ability to process online payments can help users receive payments faster and improve cash flow.Mobile payments: PayPal Invoicing's mobile payments feature can provide greater flexibility and convenience...

Cons

Cons:Limited payment options: PayPal Invoicing only supports payments through PayPal, which may limit the payment options available to some customers.Limited customization options: While PayPal Invoicing does allow for some customization of invoices, some users have reported that they would like more options to personalize their invoices and make them stand out.Fees: Some users have repoFeatures that...

LS

Linda S.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Excellent Solution for Small Business Owner

I am now able to manage custom orders in one place from invoice creation through product shipment. That is a huge help to me. Previously, I had to generate manual invoices and email them out, wait for the check to come in the mail and then take my product to the Post Office for shipment. I save so much time doing my invoicing through PayPal and I save money on USPS rates.

Pros

When I started my handcrafted jewelry business in 2016, I had no idea how to charge people for custom orders, how to manage shipping for those orders or how to keep the documentation all in one place for ease of tax reporting. I did some research online and decided to try PayPal Invoicing. That was a great decision! I'm easily able to set up a new invoice for custom work within just a minute or two. Once the invoice is paid, I can easily create the shipping label in PayPal. I love having one platform to handle all aspects of my custom orders.

Cons

I attempted to set PapPal up for another one of my businesses, but kept having an issue. The customer support available was not as helpful as I would expect. In the end, I went with a different solution for that particular business. I was not able to determine why my request to add PayPal for another business kept being rejected and I did not receive a response at all from customer support. I gave them 3 stars for customer support because there have been other instances where they have provided great support, so it's not a complete loss by any stretch.

KS

Kim S.

Internet, self-employed

A great product for client convnience

Has been seamless so far, and worth the small percentage Paypal retains for processing a credit card. Easy to create invoices, manage invoices, and to transfer payments directly to my business bank account. Clear re4cords for tax purposes.

Pros

Creating invoices for services is made more convenient for them by sending Paypal invoices. I generally email clients a detailed accounting of time spent and services rendered, then follow with the simple Paypal invoice. They're happy with the job,. They see and understand the specifics of their bill. They can easily pay with credit card immediately. I generally get paid faster and most clients prefer the fast and easy way to settle their bill. I also get reminded by Paypal when an invoice has not been paid, so I can follow up with the client to see if there's an issue with the invoice, or to arrange an agreed payment schedule if they are unable to pay in full.

Cons

Some clients think they need to have a Paypal account that has been funded by transfer of money before they are able to pay through Paypal. It is sometimes necessary to instruct them on how to use the "pay with credit card" option. Would be nice if Paypal made this clearer on the payment interface.

DM

Daniel M.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Easy Money Transfers

I have the Paypal debit card now, which I have been using as my food/ingredient purchasing business card. I transfer êxcess funds to my checking account. No problems with the card thus far.

Pros

Having a very small business, food truck, it is crucial that I save as much money on services as I can. Paypal is free for me to use and pennies on the dollar to transfer funds to my bank account. Paypal comes in handy when collecting deposits for catering gigs. I can simply email my customer an invoice and they can transfer the 50% deposit directly to Paypal. This saves me time, which is equal to money, by not having to physically meet my customer to retrieve my deposit. Plus it saves me a trip to bank. Frees up a lot of time I need for food shopping and prep.

Cons

Customer service is sometimes a hassle and large transfers take longer to process. I suppose its a security thing, but I have been a customer of theirs for over 5 years and should have a better understanding of my pattern of transfer amounts.

EB

Elisa B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

PayPal Invoicing for Small Businesses

PayPal invoicing has been here for our business since we first started out. I am excited to see when they roll out new features that make using the software easier for me as a business user and easier for our clients. There's options like installment payments, you can now create an estimate without sending an invoice, and you have access to all your invoices, whether they were paid or unpaid.

Pros

I like the PayPal invoicing because it can be totally customized for your business, including all the contact information, physical address, and an image for your logo. Making your invoices completely branded for your business. The software is easy to use, creating and sending an invoice happens all on the same page. You can even choose to NOT send your invoice and print it instead, which is great for customers who may change their mind and decide to pay outside of the PayPal platform.

Cons

The invoicing feature has come a long way since our first use of it in 2016. Since then there have been many changes that make the invoicing feature more customizable and fits more needs than just an invoice.

AB

Alese B.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Gets you paid!

It does the job and gets me paid. Allows me to keep track of my customers and services.

Pros

I like the instant pay feature. No more waiting days for money to be deposited.

Cons

Fees could be better. They’re the same as others I’ve seen out there.

PC

Pedilson Cassule A.

Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees

Usability with Practicality

Pros

Easy to use; Fixed and reasonable fees; Good operation on mobile devices; It has one of the best ways to pay online; Easy integration with other platforms and above all in the business.

Cons

Improve expansion to more countries like Angola for example. Improve customer support

JJ

Juliet J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

PayPal Invoicing - The Best Invoicing App For Small Business And Freelancers.

PayPal Invoicing allows you to create recurring invoices and send out reminders. It is ideal for small to medium businesses and it is easy to train your employees to send out and track invoices. It does the accounting for you where there is an option to get part payment or full payment of the invoice. Since I was already using Paypal, the onboarding process of the PayPal Invoicing was easy. I would recommend using PayPal Invoicing if you're running a small business or if you're a freelancer.

Pros

Paypal Invoicing is very easy to use to those who are already familiar with using using Paypal. It is easy to create invoices in order to get paid and track outstanding invoices. The benefits of using PayPal Invoicing are that it is relatively inexpensive and has a built-in payment system.

Cons

The drawbacks of using PayPal Invoicing are that it can be a bit difficult to set up for some people and is not as flexible as other invoicing options. There's need to research how to set up the program before using it.

SM

Sarah M.

Public Safety, 501-1,000 employees

Safe Way To Spend Money

I will forever use this app to send people money and to request money. It is so much easier than going by the ATM. It saves time.

Pros

What I love the most about this software is that it is safe and easy to use. Someone send you the invoice and you just pay it through your card. It is a secured line of information so you do not have to worry about anything being compromised.

Cons

It's sometimes slow and can hard to move through but it is not that bad. Pretty much no cons.

pk

pat k.

Photography, self-employed

Paypal Invoices - great for business!

Great experience with PayPal invoicing for my business. Easy to set up and use and clients don't need to have a PayPal account to make payments which is a huge plus.

Pros

I have been using PayPal invoicing to send invoices/receive payments for my photography business for a few years now. I really love how easy it is to use compared to other invoicing software like Quickbooks. I also love the fact that most people have used and/or familiar with PayPal so it's trustworthy and a secure way to make payments.

Cons

The least thing I like about this software is the 2.9% translation fee which is a bit higher than Square.

SE

Sonia E.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great to send invoices and It is free too use!

My overall experience has been amazing! I really don't have to worry about payments, I just sent them the invoice via e-mail and they pay online. I really recommend it!

Pros

Paypal Online Invoicing is totally free, which is why I love it. It is really easy to use, and you can customize it and make it look really professional. Invoices can be created on any device and sent via e-mail to the customer and in case they prefer the paper invoice , you are allowed to save that invoice as a pdf file to print it.

Cons

I have no complaints or anything I dislike about Paypal invoicing.

Shayna W.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy to manage invoices, professional features, and compatible internationally

Today's PayPal is a major improvement over the earliest versions, with fewer glitches, faster customer service, and better overall outcomes. I feel pretty secure conducting most of my invoicing via PayPal and my clients love the ease of use. The best part is the speed from invoice to money in the bank - a small business dream.

Pros

I appreciate how widely recognized PayPal now is, making it easy for clients around the world to quickly pay invoices electronically. The format makes it easy to keep records and address any client concerns as well. Most of my clients have no issues with compatibility or access in their home countries. Invoicing via PayPal has dramatically decreased the amount of time between the completion of projects and payment, which is deeply appreciated as a freelancer. I am also grateful for the ability to customize invoices to create a more professional presentation (although I confess, I often simply use the basic template which is totally sufficient).

Cons

My only disappointment with invoicing via PayPal is that it doesn't recognize my credit union as a "verifying" financial institution. I have had to maintain a bank account at a national bank that I would have otherwise closed before now in order to receive money from some of my international clients.