PlanGuru Reviews

4.16/5 (54 reviews)

Jeff Sully

Great value in cash flow planning

Reviewed 2010-10-14

Overall a great cash flow program for the price. it has many features that programs 10 times the price do not have.

Dave Brittsan

PlanGuru Forecasting Software is the Best

Reviewed 2018-11-27

I use PlanGuru to build business forecasts for my clients so that I can provide great service, especially to growth oriented clients who hold themselves accountable to their goals. I have used PlanGuru results (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Valuations) to support my clients with their banking relationships and for providing investors with forecasts that support business models for startups and going concerns too.

Mark Denlinger

Solid product, Feature-Rich, Intuitive Design, Great value for small- to medium-sized businesses.

Reviewed 2018-11-23

I am attempting to build budgets for my clients using the PlanGuru software installed on the remote cloud desktop. Overall, the product has met my expectations. I have used several similar large/deluxe budgeting tools built for Fortune 500 companies that cost 10 times as much (or more), and this is a very good "abridged" budgeting software for small businesses that is still very feature-rich. The support I have received from the technical team has been very good; they have been very responsive to my requests. The cloud desktop experience was a little bit more laggy than I expected. I LOVE the Excel add-in. It is a very powerful tool. However, I thought the installation of the add-in was a little more complicated than it should be, especially based on the cost of the cloud subscription. There is room for PlanGuru to improve a few things, but I will be using for future clients, and I highly recommend this product for small- to medium-sized businesses.

Shelly Hauge

Plan Guru for financial consultants

Reviewed 2018-11-27

I've been able to help my clients create future plans and look at many what if scenarios and their affect on the balance sheet without having to worry about whether my formulas are correct in excel.

Patricia Kigar

Budgeting Software Every Business Owner Should Own

Reviewed 2018-11-20

I own a manufacturing business and produce an annual budget and a multi-year projection. I am not a CPA nor am I trained as a bookkeeper. When I needed to replace my old budgeting software I was particularly concerned whether it was appropriate for someone who isn't a pro. I wasn't disappointed: once purchased I was up and running within the hour. Anytime I've had a question that I couldn't answer through the help screens or online tutorials I've been able to discuss my problem with tech support! This is huge for me. I've also taken some of the online courses called PlanGuru University, which were invaluable. I wish my CPA used this software.

Michael Flannery

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Overall great experience and is highly recommended based on our needs, which is a company under $10M in revenue with less than 50 employees.

Ted Feher

Easy Starting

Reviewed 2018-11-30

A very good starting package. Not overly complicated yet quite sophisticated with options that can accommodate large enterprises.

Jody Grunden

Great product. A must have for all forward thinking companies.

Reviewed 2015-04-23
Review Source: Software Advice

It is easy to use. It is the only product in the market that I am aware of that focuses on the balance sheet and in particular cash.

Victor Miguelez

Good product but far from the ideal Forecasting software

Reviewed 2016-11-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Plan Guru is an excellent product, specially considering that there are no products out there with this many features at this price level. If you want to have the best products you will have to pay tens of thousands every year, ie. Budget Maestro. However I think PG has some room for improvement, such as 1.- More flexibility in the automatization for the recording of Historical and actual values. Not even copy and paste is possible. 2.- Make it more friendly. PG can only be mastered by someone with a strong background in Finance 3.- Expand reporting capabilities and allow to export reports to excel with up the 36 months instead of only 12 mo. 4.- Develop a Mac version or a web version 5.- Develop Inventory module and allow for supporting schedule on the Balance sheet 6.- Flexibility in putting some values ( ie. interest expense) in the balance sheet for capitalization purposes

James Adkins

Plan Guru review

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Overall our experience with Plan Guru has been pretty good. The price point was extremely appealing and is what pulled us to the software. For the most part the software runs without any major issues. I think our one issue we had may have been specific to just our company. I can honestly say that working with their customer support was pretty easy as well. All communication was handled through email.

Eric Labbé

PlanGuru - Software for small business

Reviewed 2014-07-03
Review Source: Software Advice

PlanGuru is good software. One of its key advantages is you can import all your data from any accounting system, and it is really user-friendly software. Support was really helpful at the beginning, and it made my experience with PlanGuru better. It's good software for the price. It was one of the cheapest when I bought it.

Mary Gamble

Great software

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Overall I have great experience with Plan Guru and will recommend to other users.

Darvi Rosenberg

I can still remember what I used to do!

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Professional and great customer support. When I have had a question they respond quickly. The software itself is very stable. I have never lost a clients data

Moira Burnham

PlanGuru is great.

Reviewed 2019-02-18

PlanGuru is a wonderful tool that makes it extremely easy for small businesses to budget projects as well as determine how well the projects are doing. PlanGuru is extremely easy to use and integrate with software like Quickbooks. The customization of everything on plan Guru is immense and extremely flexible. Overall, PlanGuru is easy to use and wonderful to have.

Mylene Millares

Great tool in making financial decision!

Reviewed 2018-08-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Business need to know if the financial condition of the company is sufficient before engaging to a business or project. With PlanGuru you can forecast your financial status at a given period. This will help to make sure that the project you are planning to work will be completed.

Gary Hall

My Review of PlanGuru

Reviewed 2014-05-29
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the product's flexibility. Most companies can handle the forecasting of a P&L fairly well using Excel. PlanGuru excels in that not only does it forecast the P&L well, but it also has the flexibility of computing the balance sheet and cash flow, using our calculation method. This enables us to perform "What if" analyses with various revenue numbers that will simultaneously create a P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow that all work together.

Edward Barann

Good planning tool

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Very flexible - you can be as detailed as you want to with this tool

Nadim Allidina

A Basic Forecasting and Planning Tool

Reviewed 2018-11-27

- It's certainly not a system that motivates me to get off excel. I don't use it very much and will probably cancel my subscription.

Dana Weber

Good program for the price

Reviewed 2018-11-30

Ease of use. As a first time user learning curve was quick

Rose Fetters

Pretty Good Value

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Overall, a good tool for the cost. There are some limitations and frustrations, but it is a definite improvement over strictly excel based models. Probably not a forever solution as out business grows, but is a good option for small companies.

vicky walker

Awesome Product Awesome Support

Reviewed 2016-11-09
Review Source: Software Advice

it is very easy to use, very flexible. it saves my time and it generate results fast for planning. the platform is easy for the eyes, help links are awesome. lots of videos, articles, webinars! awesome supports i.e. friendly and knowledgeable.

Scott Robinson

Value Offering

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Challenging to get up to speed on using the software. Customer support is lacking. Bugs in software required me to upgrade - which feels like it lacks integrity.

Jerre Fender

Great Forecasting Software!

Reviewed 2018-11-16

The cash-flow forecasting is key to our company, along with the forecasting and budgeting abilities for original forecast, revised and actual, along with the reporting capabilities.

Garett Hazelwood

Reviewed 2018-11-27

This tool helps to get speed in building a set of projections. It is excellent to have the integration of balance sheet, profit & loss and cash flow.

Rachael Picazo

PG to the rescue

Reviewed 2018-11-16

This tool has really taken our ability to forecast and budget to the next level! It helps us be able to pinpoint problem areas easier so that we can make changes quicker.

Douglas Cornelius

PlanGuru for Growing Companies

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Great experience and customer support. Highly recommend PlanGuru University.

Macey Sheridan

Fairly Impressed- Takes time!

Reviewed 2018-06-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Strong budgeting and forecasting features. QuickBooks support available. (THAT is important for me.)

Michael Will

Good add-on with QBO

Reviewed 2018-11-16

We needed a budget and forecast tool more robust than QBO offered. PlanGuru has solved this need and has saved me time.

Kerry Monson

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Excellent for 5-year projections, under different scenarios

Mark Palmer

Great product for planning & budgeting

Reviewed 2018-09-12

Very good product if you regularly work with budgets, forecasts, modeling

Nikki Johnson

Plan Guru Review

Reviewed 2018-11-16

It helps see our budget vs actual and trends year over year.

Rakesh Sharma

Simplify Your Accounting Practices

Reviewed 2013-05-16

Perhaps, the tool’s greatest benefit lies in its ability to automate and simplify complex budgeting and forecasting practices. That it does this without the help of messy and unwieldy excel sheets is fantastic. PlanGuru also provides comprehensive analysis for your line items. For example, modeling techniques enable you to accrue expenses or declare dividends in multiple formats.

Brian Curran

CFO

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Long time user. Overall excellent experience.

Darin Dallimore

PlanGuru - Great Idea but leaves you lacking

Reviewed 2018-11-22

Overall, I like the concept PlanGuru is trying to bring with this software; however, they don't provide great customer support (unless you want to pay for it). Any efficiencies I gained with the budgeting process were lost immediately during the first budget to actual comparison I ran. Will not be continuing my subscription.

Tiffany Gomez

PlanGuru is Great for its Value

Reviewed 2018-11-27

I was able to move my forecasting out of excel and into a program that allows me to project out 5 years. I am still new to the program but so far it appears to be a great resource for our business.

Mohamed Noohu

PG workings

Reviewed 2010-10-14

I have installed it in several of my clients and it has improved planning systematically.

David Monahan

PLan Guru is quality budgeting software

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Very pleased with software. It has allowed us to have accurate, flexible budgets for multiple companies.

Tara Jackson

Good for small businesses

Reviewed 2015-02-26
Review Source: Software Advice

The reporting exports are nice and clean. It is easy to upload information for historical data. The use of the overall product seems good. Although, the RE and NI seems to be calculating opposite of what I would expect to see. The program can be self taught and that is always good.

Lauren Rossini

Reviewed 2014-09-16
Review Source: Software Advice

It has saved a lot of time building reports.

Robert Brown

Excellent Budgeting Product

Reviewed 2014-09-12
Review Source: Software Advice

I like its simplicity. The support is quick. The product has all of the functionality to produce a consolidate the P&L and balance sheet.

A great budgeting tool!

Reviewed 2018-11-19

An outstanding sales and support team. CSR was outstanding in answering my questions when I was working on importing data and the webinars he did, one public and one that was 1-1 with me really helped me to decide to recommend buying PlanGuru to my GM.

Armando Abella

A great product with minor issues

Great forecasting tools.

Erin Harrigan

Foundation source review

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Very good. Can now provide much more robust reporting to our Board

Lauren Colson

Reviewed 2018-11-27

That I can budget AND forecast on a department and sub-department level with version control and budget to actual reporting for a VERY affordable price!

Howie Thompson

Guru

Reviewed 2016-10-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Don't like it it faults out alot.it was very easy to use but it just doesn't wo4k sometimes.

Ashraf Khan

Reviewed 2018-11-16

it is a good solution but glitches need to be fixed and have more flexibility

sean penner

PlanGuru forecast software

Reviewed 2016-10-03
Review Source: Software Advice

We purchased this software after reviewing many company options. Our funds to purchase budget/forecast software was minimal. We came across PlanGuru, whose price point was within our budget. I can tell you the software performs just like any other budget/forecast software. It is compatible with QuickBooks, so you can import your G/L into the software at will. Once the data is imported, you can begin forecasting by month, year, etc. You can also save unlimited number of files for historical review. The software is very user-friendly and customer service is very responsive. I would highly recommend this software for those companies with minimal money to spend on forecasting software.

Howard Dudley

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-11-30

The potential the software can bring to our services.

Joshua Caldwell

Budgeting/Forecasting

Reviewed 2016-09-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Able to send portions of the budget to other people in the firm to fill out and return to me.

Susan McIntosh

Required a forecasting software to present high quality reports

Reviewed 2016-06-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Anytime I have had a problem they were able to resolve it quicky

George DiFlavis

VOSYMCA

Reviewed 2010-10-18

Great top level planning tool

Waste of time and money

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-11-20

Disappointing. From start to finish I am sorely regretful for making this purchase.

Daryl Holzman

Review of Plan Guru

Reviewed 2018-11-19

I had a difficult time learning the program when I first signed up. I now understand it better, and it is working well for the reports I am creating.

Anonymous

Our favorite forecasting software solution.

Reviewed 2019-06-17

PlanGuru allows me to build plans and change scenarios to see how different outside factors impact the bottom line, that alone is worth the annual cost.