Pleo Reviews

4.95/5 (176 reviews)

Marleen Crabtree

What's not to like

Reviewed 2018-12-17

We managed to get rid of a very clunky system for expenses that required a lot of admin time from staff. Expenses were therefore often delayed. So not only have we made our technical staff more billable, we have also seen an improvement on cash flow!

Pros
Staff are never 'out of pocket', the cards and app are very easy to use on the go and the expenses can be directly exported to our accounting software. Smooth sailing all the way!

Cons
The search function within 'projects' or now called 'tags' in the app is not as easy to use as the one in the web version.

Carl Thaisen

The easy way to account your business expenses

Reviewed 2018-11-21

No more problems with, who bought what services and who has which invoice. Now I can directly see who has expensed what, and make sure the all invoices are in the system.

Pros
Ease of use. (Almost) automatic bookkeeping with Storebox and e-conomic integration. Frequent release of new versions with new features.

Cons
Not really anything. Sounds wierd, but can't really think of anything.

Dixie Wikholm

Pleo has saved me time and frustration of doing tedious tasks

Reviewed 2017-08-07

Pros
I've been using Pleo for a year now, their service has saved me time and frustration of collecting the missing receipts. Pleo integrates with our bookkeeping software, so I just need to check that the transactions are marked with correct project codes and have a receipt attached before the file is run into bookkeeping. The administration is amazingly quick, I can give a virtual card to a new employee immediately (our traditional bank required signing and sending paper documents back and forth so the process took at least 2 weeks).

Cons
Still missing some features like reminders of missing receipts to users. I know Pleo are planning on releasing new features continuously so just waiting for them to become available.

Response from Pleo

Hey Dixie, thanks so much for the kind review! Reminders for missing receipts are coming in the next couple of weeks, sorry for the wait ;)

Deepa Holm

Easy to use, saves a lot of time and the customer support is fantastic

Reviewed 2018-02-08

Saving a lot of time

Pros
That I can transfer transactions and receipts to my accounting system, it is easy to add funds to our wallet, and i can create new users and order new cards in no time

Cons
The project module. I am really looking forward to when the projekt module is up and running. I can still transfer the project costs and receipts to our accounting system but i have to adjust the transactions manually in my system to make sure that they are entered on the right projects

adam smith

Massive improvement over traditional expenses management

Reviewed 2019-09-04

Pros
The instant alerts when a spend is made adds to security, whilst the on-the-go ability to upload and categorize expenses means a few seconds each day saves a couple of hours at the end of the month.

Cons
Occasional rejections at point of purchase due to the pre-pay nature [not a software issue]

Katrine Nielsen

Easy expense management with Pleo

Reviewed 2018-11-26

Pros
As a card holder, it is so easy to snap a picture of the receipt and quickly choose a cost category. And Pleo remembers the choice of cost category the next time you use the card in the same store. As a Finance Manager, it is also very easy to export the transactions from the Pleo website and then import to the financial system (Dynamics NAV).

Cons
It all works perfectly, and they are still developing lots of interesting features.

Christina Nielsen

Saves a lot of time

Reviewed 2018-10-24

saves a lot of time

Pros
Employees using the cards saves a lot of time and they are all very happy with the solution. Accounting saves a lot of time with the booking - and even more time because we do not need to chase collegues for missing receipts. It is very fast and easy to get new cards for new employees.

Cons
Not integrated with our finance system (Uniconta) - we need to attach the receipts manually when the transactions are imported

Matthew Peck

Expense Solution

Reviewed 2019-03-05

Allows teams to process expenses on the go without any paperwork. Saves operational teams time as they don't have to collate receipts at the end of each month. Saves the finance team time as they no longer need to go through physical receipts. Saves in excess of 10 hours a week in processing time for a small business.

Pros
Ease of use. Large reduction in manual processing time for employee expenses resulting to tangible savings across the business

Cons
No obvious downsides to date. Software is easy to use.

Mathias Uth Ovesen

Amazingly easy to use...saves so much time!

Reviewed 2017-08-03

Pros
I have a few "can't live without" products/services in my job and Pleo is definitely one of them. Pleo combines the experience of having a physical - great looking btw - (Master)card with an extraordinary tech platform. Everything; the Mastercard itself, the UI/UX in both the mobile app and on desktop just feels so right! I can easily manage all expenses with a few interactions with Pleo which saves both me and our accountant several hours of not having to look for lost invoices while having full transparency all along in the process.

Cons
It's hard to say when you're using a product that's so helpful in your everyday worklife, but hopefully the Pleo team will continue to make the expense reporting for online software purchases even more smooth in the future.

Gill Brenchley

So easy to use

Reviewed 2019-09-17

I would really recommend PLEO to other businesses. I think the service is great, it was easy to set up and easy to use overall.

Pros
I am really impressed with the ease of using this ap. I find the categories are simplified, yet detailed enough and easy to use. Furthermore, I have experienced several minor issues and each time I have reached out for customer service I have received excellent and attentive customer service!

Cons
One downfall I found, was when I tried to make a purchase online which was over my limit but I hadn't realised. This attempted transaction then froze my card and I was unable to make further payments until speaking to a member of PLEO team. They did tell me after that I could fix the problem in the ap, but I din't find that clear at the time.

Jakob Højland

Great product with great simplicity and very user friendly

Reviewed 2017-08-21

Pros
Pleo is a great product, and extremely easy to use. It simplifies a lot of issues in the finance department, and makes our work and reporting a lot easier.

Cons
Pleo is still a start-up, and still has a long way to go regarding features and attributes for the general users, such as advanced departments, etc.

Response from Pleo

Thanks for the comments Jakob! We are working hard on a more advanced departments functionality, which will be rolled out within the next few weeks!

Niddal El-Jabri

Pleo has optimised our financial logistics with 90 % in cost. Workload has dropped immensely.

Reviewed 2018-01-19

Pros
The real time auditing between the many in-house projects, is for us the biggest advantage. But also the fact, that our auditor only has to use 20 min!! to place a full year of bookkeeping with more then a 1000 receipts divided into approx 10 in-house projects, with each their account. Also the employees and the project managers find stability in their everyday work and it has improved their experience of ownership and responsibility in the organisation.

Cons
Pleo is still under development, and it shows in terms of solutions can could improve the experience even more. We have contacted Pleo on 3 occasions, identifying needs for improvement. The first two are already under way, and the third, they are looking into at this point.

Kathleen ODay

Great customer support and reporting

Reviewed 2019-01-14

As a charity, we often have events where I have to give a large amount of staff and volunteers access to funds in some pretty remote places. Pleo allows me easily order and delete new cards and set individual spending limits. Also, users are able to attach photos of receipts at the time of purchase..This has limited the amount of time I have to spend hunting down supporting documentation. Now we have timely and complete reports on real time spending and I am able to limit the amount of cash staff have to travel with.

Pros
Staff and volunteers no longer have to be given cash nor are they required to pay for expenses themselves and wait for reimbursement. I maintain control of spending but give individuals more autonomy. It has saved me an enormous amount of time.

Cons
The 10 card limit - I would like to increase that during our project season.

Simon Staack

It's a no brainer - You can't run a business without pleo - simply as that.

Reviewed 2019-10-06

Everything i wished for.

Pros
I'm currently using PLEO daily. I save time and dont have to worry about missing document for the employees or myself. Pleo is very simple to use and the

Cons
Nothing. It does it's job every time I need it.

Simon Bach Bjerring

Really great service, easy to implement, and saves us for so much work.

Reviewed 2018-01-03

Saved us a ton of time and work, and let us give our employees a payment card if they need it

Pros
It's easy to give someone in our organisation a quick Pleo card, virtual or physical, if they need to buy something. Every purchase can be sorted into customised cost accounts Our employees are prompted to take pictures of the receipts at all purchases, which makes it easy for us, and is not a hassle for them Easy management of users and spending limits Customer service is top tier, and easy to reach Easy top-up of account, automatically (at least if you have a bank in Denmark)

Cons
Lacks a good enough service for subscriptions, so we still use another card for that Some bugs in app and on website, but never anything gamebreaking

Colin Barker

Absolutely amazing, stress free and fantastic support

Reviewed 2018-02-24

Clarity from visibility of all transactions. Ability to know who spent what, and giving the staff physical cards has given the whole team a boost (as they feel like they have a part of Tokonatsu with them!) Very minor confusion at the start about PayPal card linking and usage fees, however this was sorted out so quickly and efficiently that we didn't notice any problems

Pros
It was very simple to setup the system to get the whole committee setup with Pleo cards. We have full visibility on what is being bought and we are not chasing for receipts anymore. The way our event works, we have always found it hard to keep track of where they are, causing the treasurer stress every year. Now they have access to Pleo, they have been able to get all the details they need at a click of a button.

Søren Fleng

The best invention after the credit card

Reviewed 2018-01-22

Pros
As a frequent traveller a Pleo card is simply a must! I have cut down time spend on travel reimbursements with 90-100% as Pleo automatically transfers my expenses to my bookkeeping system with the right account information.

Cons
I'm still waiting for the possibility to export cost per project as PDF (incl. receipts) for reimbursement purposes when I have external clients.

Sarah Barrett

Swift Smart App! Easy to use

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-04-23

Saving time processing receipts into our accounting software, reports export in the format of sage uploads. Very user friendly and widely accepted payment option with merchants.

Pros
Live updates, helps manage spend much more easily than awaiting reports from a credit card company. The minute you spend a notification comes through to alert you, this helps give you a nudge to upload a receipt straight away, and also alerts for when balance becomes low.

Cons
Visibility of which card has been used, whether a user has used a virtual card or a plastic one.

Jesper Petersen

Reviewed 2019-02-22

For our business it is a good tool to get the costs immediately

Pros
Its easy to use, and with instant messages on use

Cons
Limited use worldwide on the card. Some major airlines dont accept the card, nor is it useless in all of US

Thomas Bendik-Poulsen

CFO

Reviewed 2019-03-07

Very satisfied and have made the daily operations so much easier

Pros
Very easy to use and always generates the over view. Keep track of employee spendings

Cons
Not being able to recycle the cards, but totally understandble

Frederik Moesgaard

Pleo saves our company a lot of time and ressources. Easy to use and customer service is fantastic!

Reviewed 2017-08-08

Pros
Pleo is very intuitive and time saving. We can easily keep track of all our expenses which is very helpful for our management team.

Cons
Adding money to the Pleo card is still a manual process that goes through our online bank. Would be great if that process could be automated somehow.

Response from Pleo

Thank so much Frederik for this kind review! We are working on automated top-up - should be ready in a few weeks!

Etienne Bell

Pleo revolutionised the way we do expenses for the better

Reviewed 2018-02-09

Time saving

Pros
The best things are that you can take a picture of the receipt and forget about it (so no need to keep stacks of receipts); and that receipts are matched up automatically. No need to fill in a form with the amount spent like other expense companies etc after buying. It saves a lot of time. The design and user experience is also beautiful.

Mike Weston

A magic timesaver

Reviewed 2019-08-01

Pros
With PLEO, I no longer need to worry about tiresome expense reports - either for expenses I incur or that I used to have to sign off in detail. The savings in time and convenience allow to me to focus on building the business instead.

Cons
There are *occasionally* expenses I can't use this for - such as in flight purchases... but this is rare.

Michael Marks

Excellent customer service - very helpful and responsive to our queries suggestions

Reviewed 2018-02-14

Pros
Easy to use, flexible, intuitive and saves us a considerable amount of time. Provides greater sense of control and visibility over transactions that we didn't have previously.

Cons
It's slightly less suited to larger organisations, but the company listens to all of our suggestions and there are frequent product enhancements, so we expect this to change soon

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Thomas Feldstein

Easy peasy : ^)

Reviewed 2019-10-09

As a salesman on the road, it´s so nice that I don´t need to keep the old recipes. Just take a photo, upload, and finish.

Pros
It´s super easy to use and saves me time.

Cons
Sometimes there´s a fee on foreign cards.