Pleo Logo

Company payment cards & automated expense reporting

Pleo Reviews - Page 2

Bobbi N.

Game-changing expenses software

Overall Pleo has changed the way we do expenses and made it much simpler and faster to empower people with company spending.

Pros

Before I used Pleo, expenses were a real pain and took a lot of time. I love how easy it is to set up users on Pleo, to give them limits, and for them to start using it. The virtual cards make it really quick to set people up, and the visibility of spending is great. It also gives nudges to people to add their receipts, which saves time.

Cons

Pleo has a great feature for "fetching" receipts from your email inbox but this doesn't always work brilliantly so I still have to go and find the receipt manually. It'd be great if this was more reliable.

CH

Christian H.

11-50 employees

Saves you tons of time and let you focus on what really matters - amazing software!

Pros

Pleo has helped us a lot as a growing startup by giving us an instant overview of our company expenses, and at the same saved us tons of hours of work by letting Pleo do the match of receipt and most of the bookkeeping. As a head of accounting I personally like the instant overview of the expenses Pleo gives you and the easy userface, which makes it possible for every employee to use Pleo from...

Cons

I do wish that Pleo will make it possible in the future to transfer more data from Pleo to the accounting system. For instans - there is not an integration between the projects numbers registred in Pleo and the project number system in our accounting system. That means that when you do exporting of your data + pictures of receipts from Pleo to the accounting system, the account system (as it is right now) will not understand the project numbers exported from Pleo and the accounting system will therefore not automatically create these project numbers or register them as project numbers in the accounting system at all. If we were a bigger company with more projects that would be an issue.

Hey Christian, thanks for the review! We are right now working on better integration of projects into the accounting systems (e-conomic, Xero). Coming in the next few months - so should be much easier to deal with a bigger amount of projects.

Av

Anna v.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Started great - downhill from there

To top all the serious technical issues we have with PLEO, customer service is extremely lacking. The phone number on their signatures is bogus, no-one ever answers. They chat support can only confirm that there's indeed an issue. Tickets aren't followed up so any issue you have, get used to it. Personnel is constantly changing so I've already had 4 account managers.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to implement it. Very intuitive software with great design

Cons

They've started implementing some great features... That don't work properly and ends un being unreliable.Uploading from a phone, rotating expenses, analytics is useless if you use more than 1 tag, some exports have appeared with blank pages instead of the ticket, plastic cards that couldn't be activated, payment rejections without notice and alternative...

Michelle B.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Great solution to expenses claims

We spend some time researching pleo before we signed up, and pleo were happy to answer all our questions and provide web demos to show us how it works. Our experience has been very positive. Pleo saves us time overall by reducing manual admin processes associated with expense claims. It saves elapsed time at month end for both individual employees and our accounts team. Staff like the app and their experience has been positive.

Pros

Great integration from payment to accounting for expenses. Individuals deal with the admin for their expenses item by item using the phone app to snap receipts (or via browser)- it's easy and saves time and lost receipts. Much easier than using a company purchase card. The only things we have to claim via an old fashioned process are things we can't pay for with a pleo card - for us, cash payments for taxis, and mileage claims. Our accountant can download all the info they need at month end easily with all the receipts. Admin users can manage risk by setting limits - monthly or total, plus per item limits. Admin users can freeze and unfreeze cards if a user thinks they've lost their card then finds it. Analysis lets you see quickly where your expenses spend is.

Cons

Most of our spend is in one category, and while you can set up sub categories, at the moment you can't analyse spend against those subcategories. That said, pleo want to know what would make their product better, and we've already seen improvements to the app.

SA

Sandra A.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Expense tool for small business

Was the first expense tool we used an for low level of expenses it can be useful and cheap, but we were promised features that were never available, there were many bugs and it took a long time for technical support to fix it. Also when they made changes to the process they didn’t inform us and we had to find out for ourself. For all these reasons we have switched to another tool

Pros

Navigability, user-friendliness, display

Cons

Functionality, technical errors, customer service

PL

Pierre L.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Lifesaver for expenses management. Highly recommanded

The overall experience has been very pleasant. I received way more value than I was expected.

Pros

I'm part of a remote, fast-growing company. Meaning that you are expected to remove blockers, try tools, be independent, buy your own setup, etc all those kind of stuff that requires a good expense management. Which I was always terrible at before (hello Excel Spreadsheet) but that was before I was exposed to Pleo. Pleo changed my life for the better. No more headaches, no more finance team asking me about the latest invoices, no more monitoring manually how much you spent, no more long and boring review process. Pleo helped me so much that I don't see coming back to managing my professional expenses differently now. HIGHLY recommanded

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this product.

Adina K.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Great for Business Expenses

If you are a SME I don't see any reason why you would go with a competitor. The app works incredibly well and fast, the support is lovely and helpful, the system is easy to understand and implement.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use, it has a lot of functionalities and whenever I needed help from the support team I always had a great experience. I do a lot of purchases, probably 15 a day and I've never used an expense system in my career that was that easy.

Cons

I have to say the new update isn't my favourite, funnily enough it adds more functionality (which in itself is good) but now it takes one step longer to upload a receipt (it's still incredibly quick, doesn't even take 30 seconds), but it's something I noticed.

EK

Ellen K.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Pleo - an easy to use company card

Reciepts are fast in the system. With the "first reminder" of missing reciepts accounting saves time and the card holder is reminded fast enough to go through pockets before laudry day ;-)

Pros

Fast delivery of new cards makes it easy to onboard new colleagues. The setup of the new account is even easier. You can always adjust any limits made to a specific card and have overview over all recipts and invite your external revision to join.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that you have to be patient with taking a status of account. Since some payments may be pending for a day or two, you should remember that some payments may join already accounted days. But knowing this it is only a minor disturbance.

AM

Adrian M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Pleo has really helped automate our finance function. It is a game changing application and product

I no longer need to pay an admin clerk to shift paper. My expenses are properly accounted for and I'm now claiming much more input vat than I used to.

Pros

The best way to account for expenses is certainly at the point of payment. The fact that the Card transaction is matched to documentation by the Card user and pushed straight through to Xero (and vat correctly accounted for) saves hours of paper pushing a month. My employees all feel trusted and empowered and I feel in control. Pleo gets my vote for the most transformative product I've come across since Xero and Receipt Bank took my bookkeeping world by storm. On top of all that the UX of the web and app environment is brilliant and I felt totally supported by the friendly team in what was a very efficient and quick onboarding process.

Cons

The capture of photos of invoices could be enhanced but is by no means a show stopper. It would be good if the app trimmed the space around a piece of paper and straightened it up (see what the new apple notes iOS app does or Evernote)

Hey Adrian, Thanks for the kind review! And thanks for your suggestion about enhancing our current capture of the receipt. We'll work on improving this feature in the next couple of months!

Kian R.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great Company, Makes Expense Reporting So Much Easier.

Pros

Pleo is such a sophisticated system, we have a lot of employees out and about and they can rack up a lot of expenses meaning LOTS of receipts having to be collected at the end of the month to compensate them in their wage packet. Not only is it good we can use company money for their expenses, all they have to do is snap a picture of the receipt and they've done their part! Great company, easy to use interface, brilliant support, if theres any complicated questions, PLEO will setup a webinar with one of their professionals giving you such specific assurance.

Cons

I have no cons for PLEO, we haven't encountered any problems thus far and have been using the system for around 8 months.

Mikael Thusgaard J.

51-200 employees

Plug & Play, cost efficient, timesaving - Makes everyones expenses easier and more fun!

Pros

Simple to use - Plug & Play. The experience is completely simple and smart - from the app download to the use and expensing. Pleo has cut down our expense processing and handling by at least 60% and will save several days per month when we get the full implementation and API. Fun & and fantastic easy to use for everyone in finance and to the management group.

Cons

We have experienced people not being able to rent cars, because of the companys name was on the cards - we then tried out with personal names and the issues seems to be solved

Nikolaj T.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Perfect tool

I like spending time on things that develop​ and grow our business rather than filling out expense forms. Pleo allows​ us to do that while we are absolutely sure that Pleo will do its part perfectly.

Pros

The Pleo app works perfectly. It saves you a lot of time and it makes it super easy to control and follow company expenses. The integration to accounting platforms like e-conomic works very well and it saves time and money on your book keeping.

Cons

The export functions could be more elaborate but that would just be icing on the cake.

OC

Ole C.

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

It is simple and easy to use. Our pilots find it so convenient that they can settle accounts on the spot and we at home know exactly what cost we have occured on an airport in China minutes after it has been settled and before the aircraft even takes off.

Pros

IT is so fast and easy to use and we love the "fire and forget" way to handle receipts. Never loose a receipt again 😊

Cons

Only issue er have is that pleo is not a credit card yet. So some car rental and hotels Will not accept is as deposit.

DA

Dineke A.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Pleo works very well

Its good.

Pros

I has saved us lots of time with creating expense reports

Cons

I pay as administrator for every company and don't use a card for Spain and Germany. The approval process is also not great because it does happen that people forget there phone.

Jacob A.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Amazing fintech solution for all companies

Pros

It gives freedom to the entire sales team and all other employees who occasionally spends money on behalf of the company, by giving everyone a corporate creditcard. For the management it saves so much time on administrative paperwork and control, since you have full overview and control on spending in the PLEO solution.

Cons

It would be nice with more open API´s to integrate with the rest of our business software.

HK

Holly K.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

User Review of Podio

from the packaging it arrives in, to having your pin on your phone, it being contactless, filing missing receipts, searching for purchases when in browser mode, it is great! Would definitely recommend for businesses. It is way better than having on company card to share and no need to worry as limits can be set and it is easy to track by individual.

Pros

The best thing is that you can take photos of your receipts on your phone and file them straight away which means they can't get lost!

Cons

the virtual card, I feel like it isn't needed as you have the physical card details on your phone too.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Huge time saver! Thanks for making it so easy!

Pros

I'm consistently buying small items and before Pleo came around I was losing paper receipts on a regular basis. The small stuff adds up and we run a pretty tight ship when it comes to finance. As soon as I purchase anything now, I can feel my pocket buzz. The pleo app prompts me to snap a photo of the receipt and I'm done. It's 1000 times easier and I don't have to follow up with finance to see if they managed to put the money in my next paycheck.

Cons

On the few occasions that I've managed to forget to load a receipt there's a small detailed response button I can submit but it would be nice have something that I could just select instead of having to explain. It's only happened once or twice but sometimes I get alerts saying a payment didn't work, only to find out it went through okay. It's a great tool and I'm very happy with it.

CT

Carl T.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

The easy way to account your business expenses

No more problems with, who bought what services and who has which invoice. Now I can directly see who has expensed what, and make sure the all invoices are in the system.

Pros

Ease of use. (Almost) automatic bookkeeping with Storebox and e-conomic integration. Frequent release of new versions with new features.

Cons

Not really anything. Sounds wierd, but can't really think of anything.

DW

Dixie W.

Pleo has saved me time and frustration of doing tedious tasks

Pros

I've been using Pleo for a year now, their service has saved me time and frustration of collecting the missing receipts. Pleo integrates with our bookkeeping software, so I just need to check that the transactions are marked with correct project codes and have a receipt attached before the file is run into bookkeeping. The administration is amazingly quick, I can give a virtual card to a new employee immediately (our traditional bank required signing and sending paper documents back and forth so the process took at least 2 weeks).

Cons

Still missing some features like reminders of missing receipts to users. I know Pleo are planning on releasing new features continuously so just waiting for them to become available.

Hey Dixie, thanks so much for the kind review! Reminders for missing receipts are coming in the next couple of weeks, sorry for the wait ;)

as

adam s.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Massive improvement over traditional expenses management

Pros

The instant alerts when a spend is made adds to security, whilst the on-the-go ability to upload and categorize expenses means a few seconds each day saves a couple of hours at the end of the month.

Cons

Occasional rejections at point of purchase due to the pre-pay nature [not a software issue]

KN

Katrine N.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Easy expense management with Pleo

Pros

As a card holder, it is so easy to snap a picture of the receipt and quickly choose a cost category. And Pleo remembers the choice of cost category the next time you use the card in the same store. As a Finance Manager, it is also very easy to export the transactions from the Pleo website and then import to the financial system (Dynamics NAV).

Cons

It all works perfectly, and they are still developing lots of interesting features.

MP

Matthew P.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Expense Solution

Allows teams to process expenses on the go without any paperwork. Saves operational teams time as they don't have to collate receipts at the end of each month. Saves the finance team time as they no longer need to go through physical receipts. Saves in excess of 10 hours a week in processing time for a small business.

Pros

Ease of use. Large reduction in manual processing time for employee expenses resulting to tangible savings across the business

Cons

No obvious downsides to date. Software is easy to use.

MU

Mathias Uth O.

Amazingly easy to use...saves so much time!

Pros

I have a few "can't live without" products/services in my job and Pleo is definitely one of them. Pleo combines the experience of having a physical - great looking btw - (Master)card with an extraordinary tech platform. Everything; the Mastercard itself, the UI/UX in both the mobile app and on desktop just feels so right! I can easily manage all expenses with a few interactions with Pleo which saves both me and our accountant several hours of not having to look for lost invoices while having full transparency all along in the process.

Cons

It's hard to say when you're using a product that's so helpful in your everyday worklife, but hopefully the Pleo team will continue to make the expense reporting for online software purchases even more smooth in the future.

JH

Jakob H.

Great product with great simplicity and very user friendly

Pros

Pleo is a great product, and extremely easy to use. It simplifies a lot of issues in the finance department, and makes our work and reporting a lot easier.

Cons

Pleo is still a start-up, and still has a long way to go regarding features and attributes for the general users, such as advanced departments, etc.

Thanks for the comments Jakob! We are working hard on a more advanced departments functionality, which will be rolled out within the next few weeks!

Víctor F.

Human Resources, 501-1,000 employees

The card is not well accepted

We use it to pay for subscriptions for our digital tools in our company

Pros

it is easy to use and the expense management tracker is good

Cons

The card is not good enough for a company. It is not accepted in a lot of places (including google) so at the end we do not use it as much as we want