PolicyTech Reviews

4.22/5 (44 reviews)
Pros
  • I like its ease of use.
  • The software is easy to use, and the customer support is top-notch.
  • Easy to upload, create and send forward through the reviewal process
  • Nothing, it's a file system with workflows... any document management system could do this.
Cons
  • None so far
  • not sure yet
  • On Mountain Time
  • None at this time.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Pankaj Verma

My data is backed up using this tool

Reviewed 2016-03-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
This software helps me to keep my data backed up on the internet. I can use my data files when needed. The files are kept securely on the online servers (Not sure where exactly), but the good thing is that I can use them anytime. It also let me share files as needed and helps me with collaboration with others.

Cons
I guess everything is fine with this software. But the support system can be a little better. I would also like the price to be little less than what it is. Free trial time should be extended.

Jeff Hyde

Great support and effective management

Reviewed 2016-04-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
This vendor has good support team and provides quick responses. It can be helpful to manage images and video documents.

Cons
I would like this to be integrated with CMS sites (like WordPress etc.) It will allow keeping images uploaded directly from the wordPress admin.

Kathie Portman

CommuniCare Health Services (CHS)

Reviewed 2012-01-23

Yes, I have recommended your products to several vendors.

Pros
Firefox problem and they fixed it in 2 days WOW! Any suggestions I have sent, they make/change on the new version.

Cons
IT (My IT group) would like to be able to to have a primary key that ties an EE to a specific e-mail address. Example we have 7K EE's and we don't all need e-mail addresses but we want to put in a Kiosk and do trianing but want a way that we can capture they individuals who will only log onto the system each quarter. Any suggestion we will accept and appreciate.

Joe Marsicovete

Selecting PPM

Reviewed 2012-01-31

We are just beginning our installation and conversion from another system, but so far we found the people at PolicyTech to be knowledgable and friendly. We look forward to having the system up and running in a short time with their help.

Pros
Very user friendly product Great demo and follow-up conference calls Ability to host software, which was a big plus for us Ability to accept input from previous system Willingness to work with us on contract language

Cons
None so far

Stan G

Helps with creating contractual documents

Reviewed 2019-01-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Nice application as it helps creating documents for the clients.

Pros
A right application to help manage documents including contracts with the clients. We are able to mange online documents and share with clients to get signed.

Cons
The interface has some challenges but the navigation is much better. Can be improved to improve actual page interface to create documents.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Zero developer support

Reviewed 2019-05-30

I had to call back 3 times asking this basic question, "Do you support RESTful code" They sent me information that had NOTHING to do with my question.

Pros

Cons
They do not support any custom integration.... you can't write code to extract your own information!

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Chad Byron

Policy Tech has offered us a much needed solution for housing our policies and procedures.

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-03-14

This product helped our company centralize our policies and procedures and implement a system of responsibility for keeping them in good order.

Pros
The software is very intuitive. It is a great tool for not only centralizing policies and procedures but also for implementing controls that help keep things up to date and accurate. This helps keep employees informed and educated on the things they need to perform their job at the expected level.

Cons
The software does not appear to have the ability to "speak" to other documents that have been submitted. For example, if there is a company-wide policy or procedure that has been uploaded in multiple places, there is little chance that the "true" or most updated/correct version will be shared with everyone. The burden of determining redundancy or duplicate documents is on the users.

Austin Teer

Nice file management with Auto reminders

Reviewed 2016-03-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Policytech is a great file management app. Managing huge files is even easier with policytech. I can also setup the reminders and get auto email reminders when needed. It helps me being on schedule. Recovering

Cons
Files recovery and revision history would be good to have there. Most other functionality looks great. But some more features can be added.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Susan Sydenstricker

Great for keeping the company policies and procedures all in one place.

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-05-08

All of the bank's policies and procedures are kept in a centralized location.

Pros
I like that it has everything in one place. Every department used to keep there own, and I think that centralizing our policies and procedures in PolicyTech has been a great move.

Cons
The software takes a little getting used to on where the buttons are to read and approve the policies, but it just takes a little getting used to.

Jeremy Hubbard

Gets the job done

Reviewed 2016-12-13

I've been using PolicyTech in an administrative capacity for the past three years. Overall I've been satisfied with the tool; it gets the job done. The major challenge we experience is the lack of consistency in our desktop environment that leads to various UI issues depending on the browser, WordPlus module version, etc.

Steve Kemme

Reviewed 2012-01-24

If you are looking for a solution that is simple to use, user friendly and will document/track your policies and procedures this is a very good application for doing this.

Pros
Simple to use tracking of document versions electronic process throughout easy to approve documents quick response from support

Cons
On Mountain Time

Matt Dale

Document management has been easier with Policy tech

Reviewed 2016-03-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Policytech provides flexible and easy way to manage the documents and the content. I have been able to manage contracts easily using this software. The mobile apps helps a lot to manage the docs using the mobile devices.

Cons
UI can be improved a lot. the functionality is great but interface is lacking.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Lisa Black

OUTSTANDING PRODUCT !!!

Reviewed 2012-01-24

5 stars !!! ***** We are extremely pleased with this product !!!

Pros
Extremely easy to use. All aspects are user friendly for both the beginner and the experienced user. Easily customizable to individual site or organization. Customer support is OUTSTANDING !!

Cons
None at this time.

Melanie Bruketta

PolicyTech Review

Reviewed 2012-01-30

I recommended this program to the City of Sparks. I like the program, but it does have cons.

Pros
Customer support is fantastic. I appreciate the fact you ask your users to provide feedback.

Cons
The loss of being able to run reader reports has been a big problem. Implementation was not easy- I was not given any suggestions as to how to roll the program out to over 500 users. Users have trouble setting up the system the first time to log in. I purchased a software program after this one to train 800 employees and it was a much easier program to use.

Robert Freres

PolicyTech - Policy Management Software

Reviewed 2014-08-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The software is easy to use, and the customer support is top-notch.

Cons
The rollout of new software updates could be quicker.

Tim Kinnetz

PolicyTech is great for our business!

Reviewed 2014-08-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I like its ease of use.

Cons
We would like the cost for cloud hosting to be less.

Ken Dippel

A Bit Old School

Reviewed 2016-11-07
Review Source: Software Advice

PolicyTech will give you all you need for the most part, and there is a 30 day trial to try things out before you commit.. But there seems to be no fixed pricing, it must be requested. (What is this, 2003?) But is customizable to fit your companies needs.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Amber Taylor

Compliance Officer

Reviewed 2012-01-30

highly recommend

Pros
Easy to upload, create and send forward through the reviewal process

Cons
not sure yet

Luke Pickard

No MacOS Support, Raised Prices After Year 1

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-08-29

Pros
The product did everything we wanted as long as we were able to jump through hoops to get it done (i.e. use Internet Explorer). Good Training & Setup Help.

Cons
No MacOS Support Raised Prices After 1 Year No support for custom URL's that do not belong to Policy Tech / Navex Global.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10