All categories

Quickbooks Online Reviews - Page 2

4,331 reviews

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Quickbooks Serves It's Purpose

It's a somewhat love-hate relationship I have with Quickbooks. Love more so though. I have gotten used to a lot of Quickbooks' quirks now. It was a difficult go to get started to get things set up but I had support. I've been using Quickbooks for a few years now. I like how clean and organized invoices look for clients and how I can customize them and emails. I appreciate recurring invoices that help to avoid user error on consistency in repeat services and in sending invoices on time.

Pros

I like the ability to customize how invoices and emails look. I appreciate the ability we had to import our clients' details and past invoices when we started up with Quickbooks. The plethora of reports and customizable reports are very useful. I also appreciate being able to process payments through Quickbooks. The search ability is decent helpful in looking for specific invoices, amounts, or other specific data.

Cons

It was quite a challenge to get everything up and going when we started with Quickbooks There are some features that are limited and seem to operate oddly, such as deleting some clients vs marking some as inactive. If I have completed services with certain clients, I want to keep their data, but mark them inactive. When I mark them as inactive, the system puts them in a state of "deleted", which makes...

Hi there, Robin. It's great to hear you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to customize reports, process payments, and manage many other accounting elements. You can continue to count on us to help lighten the work load for years to come! We recommend our video tutorials to expand your knowledge of features and work flows in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the following article provides a detailed explanation of making clients inactive in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/configure-products/make-a-customer-inactive-and-then-active/00/186156). We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Quickbooks Organizes Our Church's Finances

QuickBooks has made the financial experience for our church so much easier. It's super easy to create reports for board meetings and see where you are financially.

Pros

I love how it connects to your bank account and transfers all of the transactions to it. Being able to categorize every transaction makes things so much easier. No need to type everything in manually! Reconciling is a breeze!

Cons

There's a huge learning curve for this software. However, they have great customer support. In the beginning, I had to stay on the phone with them for a long time to learn how to use it. Sometimes, customer support doesn't know how to use the software specifically for your needs, but they usually do a great job!

You've made our day, Tim! It's great to know that QuickBooks has been a helpful and easy to use tool to manage your church's finances. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping tasks, like transaction categorization and reconciling. To stay ahead of the learning curve, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the Community is a great space to visit to receive support (https://community.intuit.com/). We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Quickbooks offers an elegant handling of non-profits

From quickbooks we have liked a lot of functions. Among them are the fact of being able to manage accounting projects (with billing system included) and be able to manage payroll. In this sense, you can even create invoices, which is convenient. The negotiation process facilitated by quickbooks has turned out to be something wonderful. It does not take long, and they are flexible with the terms of service. The display demonstrated by the capacity of quickbooks has turned out to be surprising in all the occasions in which we have used it. Is very large. The quickbooks sales team was responsible for responding adequately to all our doubts about the use of the service. Respond quickly to the needs of customers.

Pros

Your invoice templates are very customizable. It is good for keeping the accounts of non-profit organizations, because it has tools for both bank reconciliation and fund accounting. Quickbooks offers a good system of payroll transfers, very stable. Quickbooks has helped us a lot with the management of resource accounting throughout our history as a business. It is ideal when it comes to organizing economically, and to put together budgets. Its integration with the Microsoft Outlook platform is recommended.

Cons

The platform does not allow managing sales forecasts, or managing human resources. In this area there is no tracking system for absences, wage garnishments, and unforeseen expenses billing. Neither can you process payments, taxes, or fixed assets. Does not have a treasury management function.

Great review, Sarah! We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to complete so many tasks for your organization. You can count on us to be there for all of your accounting needs for years to come. We recommend checking out our Blog to find out more about ways we're working to improve (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, this article provides details on setting up wage garnishments (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/process-payroll/setting-up-a-wage-garnishment/01/370809#M7725)....

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

The proverbial 800 pound gorilla still works!

QBO is the only one with the complete package that includes the ability to write and track checks. Since my business is simple, I need a lighter, "for dummies" mode that could remove a lot of clutter when it is not necessary. As a consignment business, I use software that is specific to the industry. It keeps all of the data I need to meet regulations. For QBO, a payment is a simple transaction. I wish the system could be lighter and less cluttered.​

Pros

Aside from keeping things in order, it allows someone with no accounting experience to do the basic bookkeeping activities, produce reports, and keep up with the finances. I like that it will connect with the bank and download activities! Best of all, it will print checks!

Cons

Connection with the bank can be flakey, depending on the bank. You have to watch the activity because QB does not tell you if there are problems. It should provide an option to warn you when it could not contact the bank overnight. Also, it is very difficult to use the check lineup processes. For some reason, I cannot get the check printing to line up properly and the tools they give do not work well.

Almost flawless functionality

My experience with Quickbooks has been great overall. Have had a few glitches now and again, but (knock wood) it's been working fine for years now. I like the ability to search by client, to print various reports for clients, taxes, etc., and to easily keep track of client retainers. I have not used this software for billing, so I can't really give an opinion. I tried it out, but didn't have the patience to figure it out with respect to legal billing.

Pros

Quickbooks serves its purpose for me very well as banking software. It keeps track of the checkbook and prints professional-looking checks. I also use it for bookkeeping purposes come tax season by printing out expense reports to see all of my potential tax deductions. It is also pretty good with searching for specific transactions. I do make sure my client name is in the memo field, otherwise I...

Cons

Intuit has been very clear that they will no longer support my version of Quickbooks. I had no need to update otherwise, so I am working with a version that I can no longer get any assistance with if anything goes wrong. Also, the back-up data files do not sync with my cloud software for some reason, so there is always an error message in that regard on my cloud software (which I cannot get any help with because I have an outdated version). The search engine is workable, but I have learned to put the client's name in the memo field for every transaction so I know how to get an accurate list of transactions for a client.

Organization is key for any business, so it's great to know you've been able to keep track of your banking, bookkeeping, and tax aspects all in one space, Lynn! We appreciate you being a loyal member of the QuickBooks family and you can count on the software to help lighten your workload for years to come. If you do decide you'd like to update your account, this article is a great place to start (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/update-products/update-to-the-latest-release-of-quickbooks-desktop/01/203221). For additional resources and helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/). Thank you for review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Quickbooks has made my practice

Overall this software has changed the face of my practice and how it operates. I was previously using Solar Desktop software but Quickbooks software has enabled me to be able to take on more clients, provide them with access to their accounts online, be able to confidently provide my clients with accurate training and support and it has also saved me a lot of time with some tasks such as bank reconciliations, entering transactions using bank feeds etc.

Pros

Initially, I really loved the fact that you could receive very in-depth free training from home and in a classroom environment. Also, the fact that Accountants receive a licence for free for their own practice. I like the entire 'look' of the software, it doesn't feel overly complicated and is very user friendly. The help files and online helpdesk are extremely useful. I like that I can restrict the permissions that my clients have in order to avoid any unwanted mistakes being made but do feel that the permissions need to be more tailorable. I really like having the ability to set up recurring invoices which minimises the amount of time I have to spend on monthly repeating invoices.

Cons

I feel the permissions that you can set for individual clients is not restrictive enough - I would like to be able to enable clients to create their own sales invoices and purchase invoices but maybe restrict them from being able to delete them as this has caused many issues with some of my clients. Also, the system can be a bit 'glitchy' on occasion and the figures it sometimes produces on the trial...

Our Cloud Accounting Software of Choice

The freedom that QBO provides you is amazing. I recently moved to BC from Ontario and was able to keep my job because our firm uses QBO. If we had been on desktop for our clients, I would't have been able to keep my job and would have had to find work elsewhere. My boss is about to work remotely from her cottage for the month of August because she CAN! How many people do you know can say that?

Pros

I find QBO to be super user friendly. I love that they have a training program so you can become basic and advanced certified. We make everyone in the office do the certification program, but nothing beats user experience. QBO is the first cloud-based accounting software I was introduced to, and I find it fabulous. I even recommended it to my parents for their business instead of their custom desktop-based software and they are going to move to it at the end of August.

Cons

Sometimes the banking feeds have a hard time staying connected which can be very frustrating. It's not Quickbook's fault for this - it's the banks. But it is still frustrating at times when you lose a connection and have to call up your client to re-enter their details. Thank goodness for screen-sharing! Their customer support has lovely people, but they are not always knowledge in the ways they should be. A lot of the times, we already know the issue that we are experiencing and need to speak to someone high-level to be able to resolve the issue. There should be an advanced call center to be able to speak to extememly well-versed people that know QBO in and out.

Quickbooks Online is Robust Software

Overall, QBO is wonderful software for bookkeepers, accountants, and small business owners. It is arguably the most powerful and robust software on the market, and is priced fairly well. Its integrations with other pieces of software and/or websites that small business owners use is second-to-none, and I am glad Intuit continues to work on that area. I would only say that support's knowledge of their own product is incredibly limited in my experience, and they need to stick by their pricing instead of releasing a few new features every year that have marginal actual use and claiming they need to raise prices because of them.

Pros

I love QBO - their software just works! I own a bookkeeping firm and nearly all of our clients use QBO. Nearly all bookkeeping activities can be completed, including accounts payable/receivable, financial statements, journal entries, bank reconciliations, sales tax, and even payroll. I find our clients want us to use QBO and they are eager to learn it. Along those lines, it is an easy piece of software to teach someone how to use, but still packs many robust features.

Cons

Two items: 1) The Intuit QBO customer service needs work, and lots of it. I have only web-chatted with them on three occasions, and on all three occasions, I solved the problem myself before the support agent could find a solution. A company as big as Intuit should know that their support agents need to be MORE knowledgeable than the end-user. In my experience, this is rarely the case. Possibly more...

Use QuickBooks to feel Empowered and Efficient while running your business

As an ASL Interpreter, I met many self-employed freelancers in my field. I was very apprehensive about transitioning from staff employment to self-employment. Luckily, I decided to try the Self-Employed option through Quickbooks. It's been a great experience. As a "first generation freelancer", I depend daily on the tracking tools that QuickBooks provides. Before, I faced daily anxieties about whether or not I was documenting my expenses and mileage correctly. Now, I track this information confidently with Quickbooks, and am able to spend more of my cognitive and emotional energy on my actual work and passions.

Pros

I mostly use the "QuickBooks:Self-Employed" features of this software. I love the versatility with the mileage tracker that allows me either to have trips automatically tracked or to add and delete trips on my own. Living in a metropolitan area, the mileage tracker will sometimes count rides on public transportation as a car ride. I'm easily able to delete that trip and also check on my transactions...

Cons

When manually adding a trip to the mileage section, you are able to input the beginning address and the end address. However, QuickBooks does not have a feature that will calculate the miles between those addresses. As of now, I have to go back to my Google Maps app to see what the number of miles were. It makes the experience less fluid.

• Likelihood to recommend3.00/10

Buyer Beware

The online version is a decent product but I am sure there are other online accounting software packages that provide the same or much more. Dealing with the online accountant customer service department is a total waste of time. Their management team seems to be concerned with their numbers more than customer appreciation. Terrrrrible! My advice: "Buyer beware!"

Pros

The ability to assign classes in creating rules for the electronic bank transaction imports. The desktop version does not offer that function. It's sad because I know that if the QuickBooks Online software code writers can create that functionality in the online version, then they certainly should be able to create that functionality for the desktop versions which most subscribers have been using for decades now.

Cons

The unexpected price hikes on your account without formal notification or fair warning. Quickbooks has probably been the worst software vendor in that they always find a way to raise your rates by using creative and deceptive means such as switching online account holders and their client accounts to the Advanced Online version as a trial run without the account holders authorization. They leave...

Great for bookkeepers

Overall our experience is great. I do think it's a little expensive for a small company. It has a lot of features that we spend the extra money for ease of use. I haven't had any issues calling tech support and we are very satisfied.

Pros

Quickbooks is super easy to use. All of our banking and savings accounts are attached as well as our business credit cards. I love the app feature and use a couple of the apps to assist, especially during tax time. We use classes for everything and it's so great to get a snapshot of each events profits and losses.

Cons

I wish that I could have multiple companies on one account. I have a few different small businesses that we run and it's not cost effective to have a quickbooks account for really small companies. I have found other free software programs that mimic quickbooks to manage those accounts.

Hi Autumn. Rest assured there are versions of QuickBooks that allow you to manage more than one company within the program. You can learn more about this software at https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-desktop, but I want to ensure you're getting the value you deserve in what you're using now. I can gladly forward your comments about multiple businesses per account to the Development Team....

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Gets the job done-- but very buggy.

QuickBooks online has its weaknesses and bugs. However, after my research I think it's the best option out there for now.

Pros

Quickbooks is easy to "plug in" and go... You can use their templates and basic accounts and set up your own accounting system in no time. I had no bookkeeping or accounting experience before using QuickBooks Online, and I was proficient after about 6 months of part-time use. Having an accountant log-in is so helpful in today's world so many people are working from home/ traveling/ etc. It is indispensable...

Cons

The bugs in the software (accounts that won't delete, messing up check numbers, etc) are the most annoying part of using QuickBooks Online for me. If you are a small team, you can just work around them and you eventually learn what they are, but it is repeatedly annoying. Their customer service is weak, but there are lots of affordable training courses that can fill in those gaps as you use the program. I sometimes wish that Quickbooks Online were MORE customizable (i.e. allow you to delete certain generic accounts), and I sometimes wish it were LESS customizable (journal entries can be numbered ANYTHING which confuses me). Overall, I think it allows me to do most of what I need to do in bookkeeping for my non-profit.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Bookkeeping software for dummies like me

do it myself bookkeeping

Pros

I was able to get up and running with bookkeeping quite quickly; I expected it to be difficult since I had no knowledge of bookkeeping, but it wasn't. I have used it to run payroll, send invoices, manage expenses, receive payment, etc and find it all to be very intuitive.

Cons

For my web design business, Quickbooks is all I need as a bookkeeping software. But for my husband's trucking business, it just lacks some necessary functionality and we found a more elaborate tool was needed ... which was too difficult for me to figure out, so for his business we had to outsource the bookkeeping. But I still use Quickbooks Online for my own more basic business. I find the desktop...

Hi Teara. Thanks a ton for your expert insights, and your review. You're correct that changing your password for one product will affect it across others. If your user ID is the same for each log-in, this feature is designed to help streamline logging in. As an added layer of security, we offer multi-factor authentication so your info is safeguarded. As for instability in the desktop app, you can...

Lesser of two evils

Pros

I am not an accounting professional but with a basic understanding of accounting principal, I have been able to use this software to organize my company for the last 10 years. I have made the switch in 2014 to the online version of it. It lets me to use the software anywhere including mobile device and I have been very happy with all the updates Intuit has been making last 3-4 years.

Cons

Everything about customer service. As a long time user, I know the infamous reputation of Intuit at every level. This is one of the SO MANY experiences I had: I had one issue that persisted since 2014. It was a simple issue, but it also caused me some great inconvenience. So I had been contacting them every now and then and the issue was not resolved until recently in 2018. It turned out to be it was...

QBO has been a game changer for my business, but I have a few complaints.

Pros

I converted from QB Desktop Pro to QBO about a year ago, and it has been a game changer for me. Some pros: 1. The design is much more aesthetically pleasing and intuitive than QB Desktop. I now feel comfortable doing my own reconciliations rather than paying a bookkeeper, as it is much more natural than the steps required before. 2. I can easily add users and therefore don't need to pass...

Cons

There are two main (and large) problems I've found: 1. You cannot revert your company. So if you make a big error, or a disgruntled employee with QBO access logs in and messes everything up, there is no going back. That's a big issue. Luckily, it has not been a problem for us yet. 2. If you need to edit a past invoice, it deletes the description and changes the hour to 1. This became a problem...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Perfect for businesses wanting to move to the next level

We use Quickbooks Online for our practice, we utilize 3rd party integration for time capture (and yes while Quickbooks does offer this, requires the program to be open - a mini app would be perfect for this). Payroll is very flexible and easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use for the most common features (invoicing, expense capturing), receipt capture assistance, quick and flexible search, 3rd party marketplace. Accountant version has good client management.

Cons

Not all features available in mobile (no payroll), No automatic late charge/ overdue interest (requires either manual or using 3rd party integration which greatly increases cost of product). Document attaching limited only to invoices and expense receipt capture (should be on invoice payment). Time recording should be easier within desktop app (have mini app for this ). No integration into Office 365 (would be great to have ability to bill for emails, appts, tasks etc) as well as ability to see Quickbooks Receivables when viewing either Office365 contact or viewing, writing email

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

QBO is great... but lousy customer support

QBO is one of the best software around for small to midsized businesses. I have no issues with it and find it perfect for all of my use but their customer support is hit or miss. They need to focus on the issues plaguing the system and teach the support techs to be able to properly fix the issues or at minimum be aware of when things will get fixed. All in all QBO is a great solution for small to mid sized businesses needing accounting software.

Pros

Great Double Entry Accounting software! Online system is really well done and the mobile platform is great!

Cons

Customer Support is extremely lacking. Yes they train accountants to act as support but when the accountants have issues the support for them is lacking.

Hey there, Andrew. Hearing how much you've enjoyed using QuickBooks is music to our ears. We'll continue to have your back for years to come. As an alternative route to reach support, we invite you to check out the Community. In this space, you'll find a variety of how-to articles, and can ask your own unique question for a more tailored response from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for stopping by to leave a review. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

• Likelihood to recommend5.00/10

Quickbooks It Does what it says on the tin.

Overall we have learnt to live with QB, it has trouble with some complex transactions but you can normally find a way round it. would i change..not now with 2+ years invested in it. Learn it and stick with it and you will not be dissappointed.

Pros

Quickbooks has a clean and logical interface, a new user will be able to find their way around relatively easily, it autofills in many fields which can save lots of time. We moved over from other software and had QB setup in a few hours with all of our suppliers, clients and back accounts. It does your VAT returns with great ease. We also use the payroll feature for a few quid per month.

Cons

QB has a feature which can connect tour bank account automatically, this was working fine until an update and now it never has the right figures it only downloads the Paypal transaction amount and never the Paypal fees , this creates some additional workarounds that we should not have to do.

• Likelihood to recommend4.00/10

Great Features. Value for money (at the moment). Poor Customer Service

Quickbooks Online is great for businesses that have inventory, job management, budgetting or a large payroll. While these features are available with other software (such as Xero)...it is often for an additional cost. QBO includes these features in their offering. Great for retail, manufacturing and distribution-type businesses. For service-based business that focus on services, such as consultants, professionals or creatives I would recommend Xero as a better alternative.

Pros

Quickbooks Online (for Australia) has great features. It has been around for a long time and has developed a really good platform. Features, such as inventory and payroll are well developed. The reporting available with QBO is excellent - very detailed and flexible.

Cons

When things go wrong...the service is very poor. I've had overseas staff who did not know the system, or how things work in Australia. I have had customer support staff not get back to me. And I've had them flat out tell me that they can't help. Quickbooks is trying to buy market share in Australia, so they are offering significant discounts. This makes the software really affordable...but there is...

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

A decent online accounting system, especially for sole traders and SMEs

Overall I’m very happy with QBO, but would prefer a more stable pricing model. The pro is £30 per month ex VAT but too many introductory offers e.g 40% off for a year, then 70% for six months. This inconsistency creates frustration for existing customers.

Pros

As long as you go Pro in the three tiers, QBO has a very good quote to invoice flow, that also easily enables the ordering process to you supplier as part of the workflow. I like how it integrates with HMRC for VAT, easily pull out a quarterly report for the EC sales list, and view cash flow quickly with P+L and Balance Sheet reports.

Cons

I don’t think it handle’s multi currency very well as you can only hold products in one currency. In addition, customising is very limited. Whilst I appreciate that to keep a stable SaaS product means limiting what you can do, it’d still be nice to have a bit more flexibility and options with additional fields and better custom templates (especially purchase orders).

Quickbooks Online Review

Pros

Quickbooks Online is very easy to use and at an affordable price point for many small and non-profit businesses. Since it is cloud-based, I can access it from any computer, at home or the office. It is sleek and easy to find what I'm looking.

Cons

Since it is a cloud-based software, it is dependent on a reliable internet connection. It is also missing some reporting features compared to the full desktop version of quickbooks.

• Likelihood to recommend5.00/10

Good usability, poor platform

Good product if you want flexibility in work location and are willing to pay for it. If you ever would consider transferring to desktop, I would recommend not starting with QB Online. There are other similar products that you also can try for less money.

Pros

The ability to work remotely, or access your data from any computer was very convenient. There was a broad assortment of tools and the ability to customize them to fit different organizations. The software connected with banking institutions fairly easily. It was easy to share data with CPA's for assistance or audit purposes.

Cons

The cost was a major disappointment. We needed to subscribe to the highest tier in order to use the tools for greatest productivity. The price increased rapidly and made for a very expensive year over year cost. That annual cost drove us to switch to the desktop version. We thought that it would be a seamless transfer since they are similar products from the same company. The data conversion was a nightmare. It was confusing for our IT professional to navigate; it took hours to complete the conversion after multiple attempts; some of the data would not convert; the conversion removed ALL of our reconciliations. Over one year later and I am still finding conversion issues.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

When it doesn't stink, it's awesome

Cloud based accounting. Reliability. Various user roles is nice.

Pros

It's up time is tremendous. It's prettier than it used to be and getting a little prettier by the year. (The Benjamin Button of Software). It doesn't crash in the middle of doing stuff. Their support is very responsive. API plugins. Yeah, high marks, mostly.

Cons

3 things: 1. Emailing invoices. They don't have good alerts for when you have a bad email address for a customer and this can kill. 2. They don't have a way of automatically adding late payment penalties into the invoicing process. We had to plug in some outside software through an API to effectively deal with this. 3. Somewhat related to #2, it seems weak on automated collection efforts to...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Service your clients w/o the headache!

Wonderful experience. Allows me to do my routine bookkeeping or clean-up jobs in a timely and more efficient way with the inclusion of the Accountants Toolbox. Though the move to the cloud is all the rage, some businesses and industries still like the power of QBDT. So QB Accountant allows me to still bring them my high level of accounting expertise.

Pros

The ability to be able to serve your clients without the headache of worrying what package or QB year they are currently working with. Without QBA package, in order for you to open a company file you and your client had to be working in the same QBDT year. For example, QB 2015 file had to be opened by QB 2015. QB Accountant solves that problem. Also, QB Accountant provide accounting professionals with an Accountants Toolbox that isn't available for your typical users. This unlocks and allows accountants and bookkeeper to perform duties, tasks, and shortcuts to a clients books in a cleaner or efficient manner.

Cons

The only aspect I don't care for is not having the option for Quickbooks Accountants for Mac. Inuit doesn't offer a package for accounting professionals that are Mac users. Though not currently a Mac user, I am in the market for a new laptop with a Apple possibility being in the picture. So when I reached out to Inuit, they informed me that QBDTA is not compatible with Mac machines.

Great Change!

This has been a great experience so far. QBO has been much easier to work with than what we used in the past.

Pros

I love the ability to set-up our customers and bill to parent companies - keeping a history for each location.

Cons

I know that QBO is accounting software, but i wish we could create partial invoices with the quantities of items being invoiced instead of using dollar amounts or percentages. The absence of a report showing items on accepted estimates is something that I wish QBO would change. I need to be able to take a report from QBO to see what items are waiting for production without the use of an outside program.