QuickBooks Online Logo

7,268 reviews

MR

Mizanur Rahman M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

It's an excellent accounting software

Despite these issues, QuickBooks Online remains a popular and highly regarded accounting software solution for small and medium-sized businesses, thanks to its powerful features, ease of use, and cloud-based platform that makes it easy to manage finances from anywhere.

Pros

Quickbooks Online allows us to create and send professional-looking invoices to our customers with ease. It also provides a range of tools for managing expenses, such as the ability to upload receipts and track expenses on the go using the mobile app. We can easily integrate with third-party applications, such as PayPal, Shopify, and Square, which allows us to easily integrate our financial data from these platforms into QuickBooks Online. This integration makes it much easier for us to manage our finances across multiple platforms, saving time and reducing errors.

Cons

Quickbooks Online can be slow and unresponsive at times, especially when dealing with large data sets or complex reports. This can lead to frustration and delays in getting important financial information.

TM

Tre M.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

A Quick, QuickBooks Review

I found the program to be user-friendly and effective in managing their finances. I discovered Quickbooks Online as a Small Business owner & found that QuickBooks Online makes it simple to prepare and send expert invoices, track spending, and produce reports to aid in financial decision-making.The software's user-friendly interface and capacity for integration with other tools, such as payment processors or payroll systems, this was a huge valued to me. Users may also value the convenience of having access to the software from any location with an internet connection.

Pros

The Invoicing, Because it helpa users make invoices that increase professionalism, QuickBooks Online provides editable invoice templates, which is a huge help. Along with the ability for users can automate payment reminders and create recurring bills.

Cons

There are reports online that some users have had problems with the software's customer service. While some customers say they have had good experiences with customer service, others say it can be difficult to get quick and efficient help when they run into problems with the software.

Irene K.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

Excellent online software

I am very happy with this product. I use it for bookkeeping and my accountant reviews my entries at regular intervals.

Pros

It is easy to use and you can't do anything wrong. I am using this program for 4-5 years and never had any technical issues. Reporting is straightforward and I can see my financial situation at any time.

Cons

I am a happy QuickBooks user and have nothing negative to report.

DS

David S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

If you have < 10 EEs and need time billing, there are better options

Overall, it's the best thing out there. Unfortunately, Intuit works tirelessly to increase the revenue they get from each customer. Not by adding functionality; but by deprecating features and moving them to higher tiers of the product.

Pros

QBO was wonderful prior to their acquiring TSheets, and deprecating their built-in time tracking. If you don't do time-billing, then QBO is still great.

Cons

As of this review - 2 years after they acquired T-sheets; the level of integration is very poor. Instead of waiting to introduce the product after the integration is finished, Intuit chose to deprecate a very nicely defined time billing feature and replace it with something that requires a lot more work. You cannot see the status of your billables until you review and approve the hours in t-sheets;...

ZL

Zach L.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Quickbooks

I have had a few bumps alongside the way with Tradegecko, however ordinary I love it. I was once with Unleashed for two years when I heard about the Tradegecko integration with WooCommerce, which was once precisely what I needed. I determined to do a speedy trial in January to scope out the gadget for a manageable cease of monetary yr exchange over at the give up of March. Within two hours I had determined to wholly put in force the gadget immediately. Mine is a in particular complicated set up as I have a giant variety of WooCommerce extensions. Tradegecko has been tremendously stable, however there have been a few getting to know experiences.

Pros

With the on line model of 08, it is easy to constantly have the most current updates. The potential to share documents is the unique device an accountant wishes to in reality talk the facts required to preserve your books and put up your taxes. If you ever want it, you might also without difficulty get admission to QuickBook mortgage money as properly as the 2008 paycheck via the program. Access is fantastic each time and anywhere.

Cons

Some processes' naming conventions are a little intimidating till you parent out precisely the place they are and what they are called. Features may also be moved as a end result of the upgrades, making it greater difficult to find out them. There are every now and then troubles with the on line connectivity, as there are with any cloud-based applications.

DH

Daniel H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Great product for in-house or outsourced bookkeeping

I use the software every day for hundreds of clients across the country. Intuit is constantly working to improve the app and they are definitely the best company partner I have had.

Pros

Fast, Secure, Easy to use software with a lot of features.

Cons

It would be great to set default views of columns / headings on the basic GL report, or Profit & Loss - example to show debit and credit columns separately by default.

CS Sujay B.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

An Ultimate Truly Trusted Option to Professionally Manage Your Bookkeeping and Accounts 2023

QuickBooks is one of the most famous private venture bookkeeping professional arrangements on the lookout available in the market. It’s Extraordinary for independent and small scale business ventures, QuickBooks furnishes an early on bookkeeping arrangement with specific bundles and needs offering essential stock administration devices. Be that as it may, likewise with any framework/options available in the markets, there are some upsides and downsides to picking QuickBooks over other early on arrangements or more powerful ERP programming.

Pros

Cons

•Easy to use and learn•Integrates well with other systems and flexible with Third party applications•Provides good accounting and financial reports•Affordable and reasonable pricing•Easy to access from any device – phone, tablet and computer (depending on the version)•Easy to find and fix errors/mistakes•Easy to look-up customer information

CR

Claire R.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Pretty decent accounting software with a good price point

I use Quickbooks on a daily basis for invoicing clients, bank reconcilliation as well as looking at the various reports. I have customised the reports to show the time period and categories that are useful for our business.

Pros

Intergrates with other accountantss practice software seemlessly. Easy to set up and get started.

Cons

You can not create a credit note from an invoice which would be useful instead you need to start from a blank document and type in the invoice information.

KK

Karan K.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

"Value for money"

With Quickbooks, I can generally see how my business is doing. I can keep track of my costs, sales, inventories, financial reports, and other crucial data for making wise decisions. The thoroughness of Quickbooks is what I appreciate most about it. A user-friendly accounting and inventory system is available for small to medium-sized businesses. Additionally, its configurable reports tailored to the user's data needs. Daily, weekly, monthly, and even annual sales reports, inventory-related reports, expense reports, accounts payable and receivable reports, banking, and many more are just a few of the reports that are crucial to a business owner.

Pros

I'm Karan Kumar, a digital marketing analyst. Hello. Comparing Quickbooks to other financial software, I believe it to be one of the better options for small businesses. This software is also used to manage the business's debts and data. Additionally, this software is user-friendly and simple to use.easy and multi-platform accessibility It is fairly user-friendly for business owners wherever there is internet access, and it is supported by a vast network of accountants and bookkeepers. To increase functionality, there are numerous app connectors available.

Cons

Since it differs from QuickBooks Desktop and is still a work in progress, the software is not appropriate for all types of companies. To make sure it contains the features you require, you must thoroughly assess the requirements of your organisation. Internet is necessary.In essence, you are entrusting a service provider to do a crucial company function. Obviously, there are dangers involved.dependence on a service provider like that It will get harder and more expensive to handle this function yourself as time goes on.If you do not have at least a fundamental understanding of the function that is being outsourced, controlling and managing it may prove challenging.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Full of features & easy to use

Despite the cost and occasional glitches, I still believe that QuickBooks is currently the best product available for small business accounting.

Pros

I have used a lot of different accounting software and QuickBooks Online is by far the most functional and easy to use. I love the bank connection and the ability to categorize transactions as they come through the bank feed. The dashboard layout is visually appealing, the reports are great and the ability to customize them is an added bonus. Invoicing works great, and the ability to receive payments directly through QuickBooks makes the invoicing process quick and easy. Payroll is easy to use and with direct deposit automating payroll is also an option.

Cons

As someone that has used QuickBooks Online for many years, I don't love the cost of QuickBooks Online. They are constantly adding new updates and features but in my opinion the cost increase has been excessive in comparison with the added functionality. Also, on several occasions I've run into technical glitches in the software. Customer support is always kind but they're rarely able to help solve the issue and the problems are escalated and take a lot of time to rectify.

RM

Rachel M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

I LOVED THE OLDER VERSION. New version, not so much. So we switched.

Pros

Biggest Pro: This is built for robust accounting. The older version of Quickbooks online for Mac included an app. That app was key because the browser version often took a long time to load. I could get in, out , and be done in minutes. There was even a time tracking technology that was integrated at the time that was included in the package for free. It was great... and then it all changed.

Cons

I don't love the new browser only experience. It wasn't as seamless as the app. The time tracking is now $$$.

Thanks for your review, Rachel! We appreciate you giving QuickBooks Online a try, and we're glad that it worked well for you while you guys were using it. If you'd ever reconsider the product in the future, or meet others that are interested, please feel free to visit: (quickbooks.intuit.com) and you can get in touch via phone or chat for assistance! We wish you the best! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

kl

karie l.

QBO Accountant

Overall, I am happy with the product. they also have live chat now, and they can call you if you need to talk to someone. Customer service definitely is great improvement over the years. It is big for me because I refuse to work with any software company that I cannot talk to anyone (hint hint Zenefits). And most of the time they get it resolved over the chat. Recommended

Pros

Love the bank matching function, makes the bank reconciliation 10x better if you do it right. It's very easy to navigate the system, for beginners, it's the easiest system I used so far for them to pick up. Make sure if you set up, you don't use the simple cheapest version if you own a business tho, it's cheaper but the reporting is not as good as essential and above. I have implemented qbo for all my small clients that doesn't need a big system for POs

Cons

I have mixed feeling about the auto categorization, some bookkeepers gets lazy and thinks it's correct and just click add, which half of the time can be wrong especially when it comes to use project and classes. it's a great function to make our lives easier, but also makes people lazier. I made sure to train my employees to not get lazy and check every transaction

Jose J G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

One of the Best Accounting Software for Small to Mid-sized businesses

Quickbooks online is our main tool and resource to have a quick snapshot of our accounting, sales, taxes, and profit/loss reports. Also, Quickbooks is our invoicing software and CRM.

Pros

The onboarding and migration of our company data from an offline software to Quickbooks Online was way faster than we expected. Aside from that, QuickBooks has been our main and preferred accounting and invoicing tool since 2018.

Cons

I believe Quickbooks Online reports are not that customizable like the offline Quickbooks versions. Also, there are differences managing multiple companies. We need to create and buy separate Quickbooks Online accounts for each of our companies and with the offline versions we just had to buy one set of licenses, that allowed us to manage multiple company files.

nl

nefertini lance p.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Quickbooks is the best partner for my small business.

Mostly It took me an hour or more to finish with my inventory management using Excel but with Quickbook it only took me like half of time of my usual work time. With less time I had to do with my work the more time I have for my family and other things. I am so happy that I found this software that improves my daily living and also makes my workflow easier.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and to understand. Does its job well, exactly as it should. The order entry portion runs easily, fits in with the actual world, and needs little training. The inventory management component makes managing inventories easier and gives us all the data we need to do so. Improved integration. The dashboard's user interface and navigation have been improved. Numerous reports that can be modified Projects, salaries, and other add-ons and interfaces are all supported. Contact information and transaction forms are very detailed.

Cons

I did find the software installation process to be a little bit of a drawback. I needed assistance installing the software because it was a little difficult for me to do it. In addition, a strong internet connection was necessary for the process, and the location I was in had limited connectivity, making this component a little difficult. But once it was all done it'll be all good and easy to use until the end. The struggle in the beginning is worth it for its most helpful uses.

MD

Marie D.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

The Platform your Bookkeeper knows best

Pros

QBO does what you need it to do, makes invoiceing easy and my bookkeeper knows how touse all the fancy features. This makes it easy for the platform to adapt to myb usienss and produce the data I need and is most helpful for planning and forecasting in collaboration with my CPA and bookkeeper team.

Cons

Forecasting in the app itself is not a standard feature and way too expensive for small companies who are trying to scale, but literally cannot affor the very function to help us plan for whats on the horizon financially. My CFO/CPA has to do this manually in another spreadsheet with weekly cashflow projections instead. Bummer Could be easy. Also I hate that the mobile version and desktop version of my QBO account don't sync or communicate with each other. Its literally like having two sets of books and not useful. I could delete the app right now and not miss anything and probably avoid giving myself a heart attack by looking at out of date data.

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review, Marie! It's awesome to hear that QuickBooks has made your day-to-day tasks so much easier. If you ever need help with your account or have questions, please feel free to reach out to us by phone or chat using the 'Help(?)' icon > 'Contact Us' in-account, and we'd be glad to get you taken care of! All the best! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

AK

Amit K.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

Great within limits

The support team provided me assurances that the issue would be resolved but never was. I eventually had lower subcontractors after a few months so I stopped bothering.

Pros

Intuitive and Powerful accounting tool. Also like the fact that our annual accounts generation is now extremely low cost, as we are able to outsource to UK qualified accountants who may be based abroad.

Cons

You can outgrow it quickly. When we had 45+ subcontractors filling their timesheets on QB, the consolidated invoice generation at the end of month started getting problematic. Apparently there is a 1000 record limit to how many daily time records can be included into an invoice. Their support couldn’t help. I self diagnosed the issue

Hello there, and thanks for your review, Amit! It's awesome to hear that QuickBooks Online is working so well for your business, and congratulations on your companys growth. Please keep in mind that you can upgrade your subscription type in-account at any time if you feel like you need more room to grow. If you're still running into any issues, or need help, please feel free to reach out by phone or chat using the 'Help(?)' icon > 'Contact Us' in-account, and we'd be glad to get you taken care of from there. We appreciate you being part of the QuickBooks family! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

DL

Denise L.

Construction, 1-10 employees

QuickBooks Online Ease of Use

It's a love/hate relationship with QBO. I love the functionality and the possibilities of what it can do, but absolutely hate it when there is a question I need an answer to. I have tried for 4 weeks to convert our payroll over to a new QBO Payroll program and have yet to get everything completed. Every time I make a little progress, another question pops up and I have to spend at least 1-2 hours with a rep to get help. Unfortunately, our third-party tech support does not specialize in payroll, so I have no other options but to be at QBO's mercy.

Pros

It provides an excellent option for payroll processing and federal/state tax reporting. The reports options are great.

Cons

The customer service is horrible, and answers are confusing once a person does answer to help. After many countless searches and help desk responses that did not provide adequate results, we started using Real World Training's support. They provided a two-day tutorial on all QuickBooks basics and help out on live, real-time sessions as needed.

Thank you for taking a moment to write your review, Denise. It's great hearing that QuickBooks Online and the payroll have been so easy for you all to use! However, we want to be sure you get the help you need, when you need it. If you still have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us using the following link: (https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/prechats/offerings/QBO-CHAT/22817/view). Please also keep in mind that we're available to help through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. All the best! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

MW

Molly W.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Quickbooks Online Review

Overall it is an excellent product. We choose to use a CPA firm that specializes in QBO so that they could help us with set up and transfer of information. Relying on QBO customer experience can be frustrating including long wait times for someone to answer and then the person who does is searching for the answer to your problem online. Once you become proficient with QBO, the ease and time saving factors are worth the initial frustrations.

Pros

Ease of use. Your CPA can make changes in real time. Handles payroll, invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable. Ease of creating budgets, knowing your cash flow projections, updates in real time with checking accounts, credit card statements, syncs with approved apps like TSheets. App on your phone so you are always connected.

Cons

Going from Desktop to QBO you will loose some features. But once you streamline and make the change, it is worth it. There are some oddities; for example an expense for gas may show up as meals and entertainment, but you can easily manually change it. When we first switched from Desktop to QBO, QBO could not transfer all information so we had to start from scratch and keep our desktop information - double paying QuickBooks.

MI

Mohammad Ismail M.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

The Accounting SoftWare for a Medium Business Enterprise

5 Stars Excellence

Pros

1. Quickbook is a Friendly Software and easy to understand and easy to use for daily tasking activities. 2. It Contains PROJECTS thar will help you organized your Contracts and Project undertaken, it will give you the calculation of profits and Earnings, You will determine too your looses on its projects and will help you understand how did you lost for a certain projects. 3. QB helps you to organized...

Cons

1. Online Traffic only, Needs to restart

DJ

Daniel J.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Excellent online bookkeeping software.

I love QuickBooks and this is the software of our choice for our practice.

Pros

The reporting side is the best on the market, with many dimensions of data available, more than e.g. Xero, with only two tracking categories. I also like the support, being able to speak to a person if needed. Also the discounting referral system is very good.

Cons

VAT management and reconciliation can be quite tricky, as software often allows to change the previously submitted to HMRC data.

AN

Ahmad N.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

QBO is excellent for non-profit except for a few limitations

It is the best for small size non-profits as long as one can find an away to produce end of year donation tax statements

Pros

If you know how to setup the chart of accounts including using Locations and Classes you can fairly run non-profit accounting very smoothly. Data entry is simple. Reporting is fairly good. Import and export functions are very good.

Cons

There are serious limitations with issuing end of year donation statements. One can't filter out sales and can't customize the statement text to meet regulations. The statements are very inflexible.

Kris K.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Peak Performance

Quickbooks Online sets the gold standard when it comes to accounting software. The ability to track all income and expenses, and to be able to produce that data at any moment is critical to any business or organization. As a non-profit, we strive to produce a very specific budget each fiscal year. Quickbooks allows us to know at all times, how well we are following or facilitating that budget (are...

Pros

I love the look and feel of Quickbooks Online. The program is easy to use and makes sense. I can quickly find the exact place I am seeking because the navigational tools are well-organized whether I am looking for expenses, income, or something very specific. I also love the input formats. Anytime input is involved, there is always a chance for human error. Quickbooks is quick to catch if I have input something incorrectly, or if I have forgotten a field altogether. I am comfortable knowing that I will be aware in the moment if something has not been input correctly, and I can fix it right then.

Cons

There are some features I just don't use because they do not apply to our organization, so I am not familiar with those.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us here, Kris! It's wonderful hearing that QuickBooks Online has made so many of your day-to-day tasks quick and simple. If you ever need any help with your account, please don't hesitate to reach out by phone or chat using the 'Help (?)' icon > 'Contact Us' in-account, and we'd be glad to get you taken care of. We appreciate you! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

BB

Bryant B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Makes my job a ton easier

I like Quickbooks. The company name does make sense... you do everything quickly lol. I haven't had a single issue other than the invoicing problem. I did spend more than enough time with their customer service which was a pain in the butt but the rep was really friendly and helped me get it sorted out. If I could recommend Quickbooks to a new or seasoned business owner, I definitely will! It looks expensive and hard to learn but honestly, it's much easier to navigate than it looks!

Pros

I was hesitant at first since I didn't want to go the everything electronic route. My wife was doing all of the tax stuff so I just gave her the okay and made the purchase. I now do everything minus invoicing through Quickbooks. Everything is streamlined for me and I realized how much time I was truly losing by doing everything through Excel and calculating by hand. My wow moment was watching my time being cut in half literally by just snapping a photo of a receipt after connecting my bank account then adding details on the purchase... that's it!

Cons

Now... the invoicing part I'm just not fond of. There was an error with a payment and Quickbooks kept kicking back a payment a client had made. I ended up just going through Paypal Business and setting up my invoices through there and attached my Paypal account to Quickbooks to make things easier on myself. If invoicing was different, I would be 100% with Quickbooks.

MM

Misty M.

20+ year user of Qucikbooks

Overall I'm happy with QB's online, we save a lot of time as I mentioned before on data entry. I just don't pout my really compicated clients in the software, I keep them in desktop.

Pros

I love how quickly the data entry goes in QB's online versus QB's desktop. With rules and auto entries it take the tedious parts of accounting and automates them. I'm able to focus my time on more complicated items that add value to my serives to my clients.

Cons

It still needs a lot of work on the developement of the software. You are unable ot customize PO's, which is insane to me. It's a little hard to get used to when coming from their sister product desktop. Desktop is so rubust and had very little flaws that I somtimes find myself banging my head gainst a wall, like why?!! Also, the subscription based pricing makes it so you always have ot pay for the software. With desktop I bought it once and none of my clients had to pay for it. Way to make money intuit, now but that money back into the developement of the software!

Management Consulting, self-employed

Simple and easy to use for the self employed consultant

I really appreciated how easy it was to invoice my clients via the web based system and the app. Being able to see all your outgoings in one place is so good but that is nothing if you can't get your clients to pay. In particular I liked the app for on the go updates and generally how I could mark an invoice paid or with a quick click send a reminder for payment.

Pros

What I liked the most was the ability to create invoices 'on the go'. I even sent one invoice to a client, via the app, when I was on a train. Chasing invoices was easy to with a one button follow up option. Being able to have all your data in one place and see what was coming in and what was going out made life very easy. Quickbooks support were really good in helping me overcome some initial issues I had dealing with multiple currencies.

Cons

Not all bank accounts would link originally to the software so I had to manually upload transactions but after a couple of times doing this, it became just a simple task I did each week until I moved bank accounts. I originally took the basic version of this and had issues with multiple currencies - but support were helpful and explained that to deal with this I'd need the next level up. I chose not to move to the higher version and just converted the costs myself.