All categories

Small business accounting software

Quickbooks Online Reviews - Page 3

4,331 reviews

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

So EASY to manage multiple companies

I have used this software for years and am very pleased with its functionality. I have used it for companies tracking Inventory and companies that require Income by Client Summary which was one of my favorites! We currently manage about 15 companies quite successfully.

Pros

* So easy to maneuver from one company to another * Straight forward and easy to train bookkeepers on its use * The help functions are great because it contains solutions so many different scenarios and questions from similar users * QuickBooks Onlin Account is accessible from anywhere so staff can work remotely when necessary

Cons

* Program hangs up from time to time so it requires logging out and back in. * From time to time a function seems confusing, however if the online help doesn't provide a solution that works for us, we can use the Contact Us function for assistance.

First Hand Experience for Multiple Clients

Despite few challenges, overall I recommend Quickbooks!

Pros

1. Easy to navigate 2. Steps are easily available online 3. Very clean software for accounting 4. Multiple Apps which can connect with it 5. Cloud based. You can access from anywhere.

Cons

1. It is a basic accounting software 2. There are many features which are required for automation in todays times which I don't think they have enabled. 3. Other softwares are innovating with many new features like automatic reimders etc

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Best accounting software there is!

I also use Quickbooks at home to track my own personal finances. It allows me to stay on top of (and even ahead of) my bills and budget. I love Quickbooks and there is a reason it is the #1 Accounting software - it is phenomenal!

Pros

I have been working as an Administrative Assistant for the past four years at a Debt Collection Law Office and I use Quickbooks every single day. It is a godsend! I use it to track so many different things, from payroll to client invoices, income and expenses and much more! It is extremely easy to use and they even have an offline version as well! Everything can easily be emailed as attachments which allows for businesses to operate very smoothly. I love that the online version can be accessed from anywhere - it is so convenient!

Cons

Quickbooks is amazing and I have nothing bad to say about it. It is so useful for keeping track of so many different things. I even prefer it to Excel and I used to use Excel explicitly!

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Like a fine wine: Improving with age

Pros

I'm learning the life of accounting and with using this software, I've eased myself into the world of transactions, chart of accounts, and reconciliations. I love that there's online available training to further help me understand how to keep a proper account of my company's financial status and I appreciate the customer service that 's available to me with a click of a button. The bugs that would surface from time to time were dealt with in a quick manner. Tax questions were addressed and updates with State Sales Taxes have been implemented. I'm thankful for this team that is behind QuickBooks Online.

Cons

Quirks with invoice/bill formats or third party apps having issues. Bill.com - If you can find another app to use, I recommend you do. Bill.com don't have customer support at all. The phone number on their Facebook page says, "check the number and dial again." Just sharing.

Crucial Part of Any Successful Business

I have been able to do much better cost-analysis and budgeting using QB. My company's "health" can be monitored regularly that shows me things such as what expenses I need to cut or reduce or what types of services should I be selling more of that show higher profitability. Overall, I am very happy and will continue to learn and utilize it every day. Thanks Intuit!

Pros

The best features of this software is that it is WEB-BASED and my bookkeeper can CONTINUALLY UPDATE it so that I have real-time data. Quickbooks (QB) SYNCS VERY ACCURATELY with my current CRM system for sales and scheduling which provides me with the ability to create reports from QB that I can use when analyzing profit/loss and balance sheet info.

Cons

The software is relatively easy to use, but I would like to see MORE VIRTUAL ASSISTANCE so that I can use more of the many features that QB has that can help my business.

Gives My Small Business a Professional Edge and Makes Accounting a Breeze

This software is simply amazing! I was on vacation in California last year and my business is Kansas City, MO. I had a client reach out needing copies of her service invoices sent to her lawyer by the end of business day. I was able to jump on a computer at the place I was staying and log in to my companies Quickbooks and meet my customer's need. I guess I would have assumed it would work since it is online, but to see it work in a situation like the one I was in, made me extremely happy.

Pros

Quickbooks Online was a game changer for my business. It has paid for itself 100 times over simply because I can more accurately see where my company is spending money. It also allows me to track where a job came from so I can see, in a matter of seconds, where all my jobs came from and how much I earned. This has helped me stop spending money on marketing or advertising is areas that weren't profitable....

Cons

The only cons are based off of user error and personal lack of Quickbooks software and accounting. However, I have an amazing accountant who handles our Quickbooks. He is patient and also helps me learn how to use the basic functions.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

For a small to medium sized business, this is the product for you!

Overall QBO is definitely the way to go when setting up the books for a small to medium sized business that does not have complicated inventory demands. I used it as an accountant for my clients linking in as a user to their accounts and my experience was excellent. Their support is very good too as they answer in a chat/telephone or via email in a timely manner.

Pros

QBO's years of track record for being the premier online accounting system really shows when setting up an account. It is an easy process and very intuitive. I really like the ability to access the bank statements automatically while doing the bank reconciliations (my most favourite feature).

Cons

The new "receipts" feature needs a bit more tweaking before you can pull me away from using HubDoc as my document manager. It is rather basic at the moment but I have hopes this too will be improved.

MOre than you think

Overall I will use QuickBooks desktop version for as long as QuickBooks makes it available. There is so much that can be done with this software, I don't think most people even know nearly all the features and capabilities.

Pros

I like how user friendly this software is and how easy it is to learn. I am constantly adding new capabilities to my tasks that make work so much easier.

Cons

I prefer the desktop version and QuickBooks is trying to move everyone to an online version. I tried that for my personal finances and it was extremely limited and expensive.

Hi there, Jennifer. Hearing that QuickBooks continues to make the workday easier for you is music to our ears. You can count on the Desktop version to serve your business needs with the 2020 version being the most recent release. For information about this release and new features, please see the following article: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1884065). Thanks for the wonderful review! David, The QuickBooks Team

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

I trust this would assist you with choosing Quickbook

Pros

As per my assessment, you should adhere to Quickbooks as it has a great deal of advantages. You can track down some here: 1. Better imparted admittance to information to representatives and your bookkeeper 2. No product or neighborhood information to oversee – no redesigns or delivery refreshes 3. Vigorous help community with online visit 4. Simpler application sync with daily programmed downloads...

Cons

Quickbooks (yet more so bookkeeping itself) might be excessively steep of an expectation to learn and adapt for entrepreneurs, however the product is likewise excessively basic and restricted for specialized clerk and bookkeeping experts. It's pleasantly stuck in a limbo. However, on the other hand, Intuit's plan of action isn't about that mid-level, mid-range. It's about passage level for them.

Small Business User

Overall, I am very pleased with QuickBooks. It has allowed us to streamline our process, maintain organization of receipts and other documentation, and keep up-to-date on operating performance through the reporting tools.

Pros

This software and user interface are so intuitive that it makes it easy to use the software and teach others to use the software even if they have little or no accounting experience. When we set up QuickBooks for use in our small business, I was immediately concerned with teaching inexperienced employees to do bookkeeping. However, using QuickBooks,we were able to quickly train in and get our staff operating independently with minimal review. Additionally, I like the feature to attach journal entry support. It's very helpful in review of journal entries to be able to agree the entry back to supporting documentation in one click.

Cons

I would appreciate a feature which would allow someone like a CPA to see the transactions in simple Dr/Cr terms. Since the system is already performing this functionality, it would be helpful to see and aide in speeding up our review of bookkeeping entries.

Thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review with us, Ben! I'm delighted QuickBooks is delivering the capabilities to easily teach the software to new employees, all while providing an intuitive accounting solution for your small business. I want to let you know that I have sent a feature request into our Product Development team. They use feedback like this when considering new features to develop for the software. Thank you again for taking the time to review QuickBooks, Ben. I hope our software is always your accounting platform of choice! All the best, Clay, The QuickBooks Team

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

QuickBooks Online is the modern standard of accounting systems

Overall, the system is very efficient and user friendly. Would recommended to anyone into using disruptive technology.

Pros

The interface is easy to use and requires no specialised training. The UI doesnt require the user to have extensive accounting/IT knowledge as QuickBooks Online system is logically laid out. The integration with other external application is not very complex unlike other systems. The main benefit of QuickBooks Online is that since this is an online version all our data can be accessed from anyway in he world without any issue. QuickBooks Online has a couple of pricing tiers and thus allows the user to obtain the right scope of the application which suits their budget. Also certain modules are there with different pricing options to suit the users. also the access to a vast range of tutorials by QuickBooks is highly commendable.

Cons

Some advanced modules/processes might not be available with QuickBooks Online although they are available in QuickBooks Desktop/Enterprise - like certified payroll/job costing etc. Mostly suitable for small businesses. There is a limit to the amount of customization that can be done for reports.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

QuickBooks Online is the way to go!

Great. I personally do not want to and try not to take on any new clients unless they are already using or are at least willing to use Online QuickBooks.

Pros

Easy to use. Love that it is cloud-based and can login from anywhere. I love that myself and my team can all be working in the same company file at the same time from wherever we are. Also my favorite feature which probably saves hours of time per month is the bank feed feature.

Cons

QuickBooks online features are always trying to be smart which if you are not careful can be matched and entered incorrectly resulting in reporting that is not exactly correct. However as long as you are careful and understand what the software is doing then you can save tons of time.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Company cares about their clients

Quickbooks Online is easy to use and smartly built. The company cares about its clients and makes resources available online to solve user problems. There's a large community of advisors and experts on the product that support it.

Pros

(1) Easily configurable (2) Multi-user accessible anywhere, anytime. (2) Smart connectivity eases data entry and reconciliations allowed on any account. (3) Can be implemented at a moment's notice preferably by knowledgeable users so that the business owners expectations are met. (4) Great reporting features that can be customized and saved by user (5) Features invoice presentation and payment...

Cons

(1) Need good internet access to use the product. (2) Need more granular user permission for security access (3) Some features should be enhanced directly into the product rather than with the use APPS for example bill payments.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Quickbooks makes DIY bookkeeping easy.

Easy bookkeeping with all the different report types that we need. We can track divisions as well as overall company income/ expenses.

Pros

Its very easy to use and pretty intuitive. If you need help a Google search usually helps you find the answer you're looking for. As far as functionality goes, its so easy to use to invoice and track payments. We have subscription based payments as well as payments for services rendered. We also have divisions. Quickbooks Online allows you to track everything together or, in divisions so if we want...

Cons

I wish there was a live chat or some kind of customer service to interact with. I'm not a fan of typical Help pages because I can never seem to find exactly what I'm looking for, so I always like software that is backed by live people who are there when you need them.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Great for businesses that are on the go!

I do like the online I just wish there was a little bit more to it. We have a plumbing and heating company so our service team is always going to different locations and we need to be able to access invoices and estimates and customer payment information on the go all the time and it was just getting to be too much using several different applications to get ultimately again to the same place. it is nice to be able to do everything all in one application and not have to worry about transferring it over. Less chance of something getting forgotten or entered incorrectly. I will continue using it while out in the field and on the go it makes life a lot easier. And it makes it easy for our techs and our supervisors to know exactly what needs to be billed and what need to be done at jobs

Pros

I have to say the best thing about QuickBooks online is it is available to you anywhere you go. If you're out in the field you're able to look up estimates and invoices. Customers can pay you right through the app. I also like the fact that you can link your bank account so all expenses that come out of the bank Iarw recorded automatically into QuickBooks. Customers can sign estimates and other documents from your phone or tablet.

Cons

There are so many features that are on desktop that are not available to you on QuickBooks online . I don't want to get rid of desktop because of all the important features that are on there such as tax forms payroll forms and things of that nature.I don't like the fact that it's so difficult to change your invoicing and estimate templates and they don't give you very good options. I also don't really care for the mobile app on my phone as far as creating invoices or estimates. It's great for referencing, but to make new ones it's very difficult unless I'm on my laptop.

QuickBooks - the Accounting Software When You Really Want to

Pros

I have been using QuickBooks since 1992 as the CFO for a company with 50 employees. Currently, I am the treasurer for a non-profit and I am again using QuickBooks. I trained our bookkeepers, our financial managers, and worked without accountants to make sure that the software served our needs.QuickBooks is an easy program to use because it is logical, almost intuitive, and it can be adapted to the specific needs of the business. We are audited every year, and QuickBooks provide us with all the information we need and the ability for our Auditor to review it, correct, and verify it through the audit.

Cons

The format of the reports. While it is very easy to create multiple reports and customize them, the standard reports are sometimes cumbersome. Also, now that I am using QuickBooks for a nonprofit, I would really like to make it a requirement for the user to select a Type of Customer when setting up a customer. Our nonprofit organization has clients, donors, foundations, and corporate donors; all these types have previously been set up. However, when the person entering the data is keying in the individual entries, there is no requirement that they select the type of customer. This means that I have to review all transactions before creating the Accountant's Copy for the Auditor, at the end of the year, in order to generate the reports we need.

Quickbooks solution

Quick invoincing Easy storage and tracking of the inventory quick access to how much money is in debt and how much is available. Profit and loss calculations

Pros

It eases the work of accountants Its easy to use in that even none accountants can operate it. Quick and accurate calculations of the company's loses and profits.

Cons

The fact that its really hard to undo a payment already received.

Making accounting tasks easy for every business owner is the name of our game, Aidah, and it's great news that you've been able to do this with QuickBooks. For more info about undoing payments, we recommend visiting our Community, where you'll find specific answers to similar questions: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Manage your financial well being!

Running a medicall practice is difficult enough, Quickbooks all our practice to not have to worry about keeping track of our income or expenses. In addition we dont have to worry about data integrity either!

Pros

The fact that QuickBooks online offers an online version of its products is very important to the maintaining of data integrity. With Quickbooks keeping the back ups in the cloud I can be anywhere where their is an internet connection to pay bills, collect money or even reconcile my bank account.

Cons

The one thin that is bothersome is that this software is expensive. But if you want the best you must be prepared to pay for it!

Thank you for leaving this kind review, Harlan. We're thrilled to hear that QuickBooks has made such a positive impact on you and your business. Wishing you continued success and great health during this difficult time! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Excellent Web Application that's Here to Stay

We have been using Quickbooks Online since its early release and it has been a pivotal piece of software for our company. QuickBooks Online can be accessed from anywhere. There is no need to have to go to the office to get work done. It can be done 24/7 from anywhere. I work for numerous locations and I am able to update billing and client information without having to go to our office location to...

Pros

It's accessibility from multiple locations and different platforms.

Cons

I feel like the online banking and matching with transactions never seems to work. We have also had issues with filing of our payroll taxes. The forms are automatically submitted but from time to time the numbers are incorrect and we end up overpaying or underpaying.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Quickbooks Online makes bookkeeping simple and convienient

Very Good Other than the previously mentioned issues, it is very simple to use. Dat Entry , automatic importing of specific data and basic reporting are simple to use.

Pros

Easy setup - I migrated from QuickBook Desktop Pro. Setup was straightforward and pulling in data from my previous backup was straightforward. In fact, to simple so I lost some of the detailed information. Easy to use and integrate with pretty much everything.

Cons

Reporting from the online version is not as easy as with the desktop version. The canned reports should meet most of the basic needs of users but customer reporting is not as simple. When importing my old data and register, there was no way to do any customer mapping of data fields that the online version did not use, so if it was really necessary, I had to manually re-enter that data.

Very Convenient for Small Businesses

I really like the ability to use the system where ever I am. I tend to go to gaming conventions and sometimes need to access the account to make payments or submit invoices to collect payments for our Business 2 Business services. Since it is all online I can do this with ease by just logging in and I have access to my financials. QuickBooks Online Helps me run my business without all the hassles of using multiple services or systems.

Pros

• Easy to set up with templates that help you get started fast. • Automatically connects to your business checking for integrated payment solutions. • No messy software installations to deal with as the platform is online so you simply log in to an updated interface any time there is new features added. • You can integrate your Payroll from a 3rd party directly into your account. • Since it is always online you can access it from anywhere with a connection, you can even have multiple users with access on at the same time.

Cons

• The support is somewhat limited, and I have experienced delays in the help I needed from time to time but overall it is very workable and seems to be getting better. • The software interface is somewhat different for the online version than the desktop version so if you go from one to the other it will require an adjustment, but it is not terrible.

Quickbooks Online

With QBO our clients are able to travel or go out and do their work and invoice and get paid from their mobile devices. They also have a direct connection to us the Accountant so that we can help when they have an issue or maybe they need us to run payroll etc. We also find that we can start tax planning earlier without asking the client for copies of their books and they can continue business as usual without any interruptions from us.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to collaborate with my clients with out traveling or having to login to their computer. Having the system available in the cloud also provides safety for system crashes and the ability to work from multi locations as needed.

Cons

Unlike the Desktop version as the accountant I am not able to create a new client for my use with out paying anIt has some minor issues like keeping column widths

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Have used Quickbooks for years.

We recently signed up for automated taxes and tax forms. It's free with the package we use. It makes your 941 tax payments automatically and also files your quarterly and annual forms. So easy!!

Pros

This software covers it all. From accounts payable, receivable and payroll. You can also attach invoices, which makes my life paper free!

Cons

Although change is necessary, sometimes the changes the software makes just makes the already known processes a little different. This changes the work flow. There is a feedback feature, that I'm not sure how well it works or how much the information is weighed out. I think the software can be a bit pricey.

Overall Quality Accounting Software

Quickbooks is the industry standard for accounting needs and the cloud based apps know this. Thus, they make integration to the accounting tool very easy. Quickbook is very easy to set up and the invoicing looks very professional. If you are looking for an overall great accounting software that will require minial training look no further than Quickbooks Online.

Pros

Quickbooks Online is a very accessible accounting software. It is straightforward to use and understand. The reporting in the software is powerful and can be customized and compared to your needs. It integrates very well with hundreds of other apps and softwares.

Cons

Quickbooks is limiting when it comes to adding products or services. Once they are created it is extremley difficult to modify or edit them. This happens across the board with vendors, customers, and other charecteristics of items in the Quickbooks. This makes the need to create new ones necessary and more tedious reporting.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Top notch customer service and good option for people without much accounting experience!

QBO helped our medical practice immensely during our first year of business. I feel like QBO enabled our business operations to run smoothly and efficiently. Working with QBO also taught me a lot about accounting in general and gave me confidence as a practice manager. I strongly recommend QBO for individuals who are new to accounting. I have always felt like a valued customer and I am glad that we chose to use QBO for our accounting needs.

Pros

We opened our medical practice about one year ago and started out with QBO from the very beginning. As a practice manager with limited accounting experience, I was really intimidated at first. I give credit to QBO for turning this around, however. The QBO interface is very clean, easy-to-use and intuitive. On top of that, there are several well made educational webinars & instructional videos/articles that simplified my understanding QBO & accounting in general. To go even further, the customer service is amazing. I have called them with questions on a number of occasions and the QBO reps have been some of the most professional, knowledgeable, patient, articulate, and courteous phone agents I have encountered. Even with challenging situations, I have always felt well taken care of by QBO.

Cons

We have run into a couple of minor glitches, but nothing major. For about a month, we kept receiving automatic error emails that told us something was wrong with our account billing when there wasn't. It stopped after a while, but we did have to call multiple times and try different fixes with the reps. The only other problem is that a couple of months ago our transactions stopped automatically streaming into QBO. We weren't able to fix our bank connection through QBO and it became a hassle getting our bank involved. I do want to note, however, that our bank was difficult and unpleasant to work with, but that QBO was really great and I felt that the QBO representatives truly took the time and effort to go above and beyond to help resolve the bank account reconnection issue.