All categories

Small business accounting software

Quickbooks Online Reviews - Page 4

4,331 reviews

The perfect fit

The go-to book-keeping software. It's just right...

Pros

I love that there are many packages available so that I can get just what I need to fit MY business. There is software out there that is a "one-size-fits-all" and you end up paying for services you don't need or not getting the services you DO need. That's not the case with Quickbooks. I am a contractor and I got Quickbooks Online Plus and I can track projects, 1099's, payroll, and all of the simple...

Cons

Cons? Well, I guess it could be free... but it saves me more than the subscription rate in time, reporting, and paperwork, so for me, it technically is free...

QB Online goes Everywhere with you and is User Friendly

Pros

QB Online has given our company the capability to work remotely and still be able to access all we need through this software. Often times, we have found ourselves needing for draw up bid proposals, check past invoices, and submit payroll while away from the office desktop. QuickBooks Online allows this flexibly to access this information from anywhere with wifi. It also allows several employees to...

Cons

Overall, the software is great, however, we would like to see more variety in the bid proposal formatting.

Very comprehensive accounting software

We are using QuickBooks only for accounting. We also used if for payroll for a number of years, but there are better payroll systems available out there

Pros

This accounting software covers all the areas needed to track and manage your accounting needs. It is set up so you put all the information in the right places and then the info is there to retrieve and use as needed.

Cons

The software is not quite as customizable as advertised. We tried to run our repair service shop with it completely, using Sales Orders and Purchase orders, but it was very cumbersome and awkward for that. It is meant to be an accounting program only, not a service program like the sales people said it would work.

We've got you covered for your accounting needs, Patrick. It's great to know that QuickBooks allows you to store and retrieve information with a few clicks. You may want to consider looking at third party applications which add extra functionality to the software. Here you can browse hundreds of apps that integrate with QuickBooks: https://apps.intuit.com/app/apps/home Thanks for the great review! David, The QuickBooks Team

Great Service for Accounting

It's the best at what it does, but I wish the customer service was better.

Pros

It's very clean and once you get the hang of it, it's easy to use.

Cons

Customer service is rough. It's hard to get someone on the phone, and when you do, if an issue is not resolved, it's hard to come back to the original problem and find someone to help. I don't like having to start over.

We're thrilled to know you've enjoyed using QuickBooks, Harley! You can continue to rely on us for all of your accounting needs for years to come. For an alternative route to reach support, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find a variety of articles, and if you don't see exactly what you're looking for, you can post your own unique question to receive helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for stopping by to leave a review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

QBO- Great for sharing jobs across multiple locations

Overall, I am satisfied with QBO because it serves my purposes. I need something that my whole team can access from anywhere at anytime. I would like to see a lot of changes, but most are minimal. The overall service being provided- creating invoices, accepting payments, tracking overdues- is there and that's what I need

Pros

his software makes it relatively easy to share tasks among various users without location restraints or the costs of building a large connected network. I like having the flexibility to edit anything at anytime as well as the ability to see when my customers are opening and receiving my missives so I can take action based on that information.

Cons

I do not like the way QBO handles changes to personnel and company information. If I need to resend documents, the system will not update based on any new information I have entered into the Customer section. When I added a balance sheet to my invoices, it was difficult to understand and all my clients ended up sending incorrect or overpayments based on limited information presented in a difficult-to-understand format.

Your company's bookkeeping solution

My experience with QuickBooks has mostly been positive, I use it from an employee level and mostly utilize its searching functions to find and enter missing invoices, view balances of vendor accounts, and make sure statements are accurate. I have had the chance to see the process for cutting checks to send to vendors and it appears to be a very solid process as well. My use of the software makes me feel more confident in how to use QuickBooks to organize a business of scale.

Pros

QuickBooks is a true 21st century solution for bookkeeping. It works as the main database with all of the vendor and customer information for our company. It requires almost no learning for someone who is experienced with computers and software navigation. Probably my favorite feature is the CTRL-F function, which allows you to search within a number of perimeters for whatever you're trying to access in the database, which makes searching for that bill, invoice, or customer a breeze.

Cons

The user interface is a little odd at first, but does not take much getting used to. Sometimes when creating a large report the program can get bogged down and take a while, however this may just be the office computers we use.

Hey there, Samuel. We love hearing how much you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for all of your accounting needs! You can rest easy knowing your data is safe and organized in one space, and can be located in just a couple clicks. We'll continue to be there to help lighten the workload for years to come. To continue learning about the interface, navigation, and even tips on how to avoid the software getting bogged down, we recommend checking out the Community: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for stopping by to leave a review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Great Product!

QuickBooks has allowed our company to save a lot of money when it comes to accounting and payroll. We are a small business who used to pay a CPA a lot of money to run our finances. Now, I am able to run everything through QuickBooks myself and just have a CPA review everything a few times per year. It saves us so much time and money, we will never use any other product!

Pros

The ease of use is incomparable to any other product out there. I have used other accounting software that was confusing and time consuming. QuickBooks is easy enough for anyone to use, I even taught myself! I use it to balance accounts, print checks, payroll, and to communicate with our accountant.

Cons

Honestly, there aren't any cons I can think of with this product.

Thanks a ton for this excellent review, Lauren! I'm thrilled to read you were able to teach yourself how to use QuickBooks, and it's great to know the wealth of features available are helping you run your company more efficiently. Should you need any help or want to further your knowledge of the program, know you can always find assistance from the wealth of self-help articles housed within our Community website. I encourage you to check out this online resource hub when you have some free time: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us I'm pleased QuickBooks is helping you save a lot of time and money, Lauren. Thank you again for taking the time to review. All the best, Clay, The QuickBooks Team

• Likelihood to recommend5.00/10

Definite learning curve with this software

I have been using QBO via a web browser, iPhone app, iPad app and Mac based app for about 3 years. There are some cool things available such as reports, the ability to collect payments online, and convenience of mobile apps. However, if you are not familiar with double entry accounting or standard accounting practices, nightmares may ensue. After 3 years, I can manage my small business *most* of the...

Pros

Cheap, accessible, pretty good phone support. Intuit also offers credit card processing which ties in pretty easily with QBO software.

Cons

Complicated accounting system which is not intuitive. Easy to make a huge mess of many, many transactions before you realize it.

I use QuickBooks Online for accounting for my small business

Saving time and money by not using spreadsheets or relying on an accountant to do everything for me. I studied accounting quite a bit in college, so I know the basics of ledgers, financial statements, etc, so I really do feel confident filing a lot of my reports on my own and using my skills i've learned to save me money.

Pros

I like how I can use it as the one place to go to find accounting info about my business. My cards are all linked, so I can just visit QBO to see transactions. I use it to run payroll and keep track of employee details for HR purposes. I like how I can use it to file my taxes 80% on my own, with only some assistance from a professional accountant. I can use QBO to run reports to get insights on my finances for budgeting and strategy. Expenses can be kept track of very easily.

Cons

QBO does occasionally have some bugs. I had a bug with connecting to my bank, and it resulted in me losing a lot of work. The search function in QBO at times can seem like a joke, and it does not live up to other insightful search functions in other software programs. Often times searching for something that I know is in QBO somewhere, pulls 0 results. Reconciling accounts can be a big pain, and...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Much better than desktop version

The QBs Online product is a fairly different product than the QBs Desktop product. But they are both still accounting software products are fairly intuitive if you know what you want to accomplish. After using the online version for a few years now, I actually like it much better than the desktop product. The drill-down feature while reviewing reports is a huge time saver and a feature that I use daily.

Pros

The best thing about this accounting software is that it is online and can be accessed by multiple users at the same time. As a public accountant I need access to a lot of client QB accounts and having them use the online product has made my life easier.

Cons

Their payroll product is poor at best. I don't recommend it to any of my clients.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

QuickBooks really helps my business run smoothly and efficiently!!

Since purchasing and using QuickBooks online, as well as mobile we have streamlined our business and are able to utilize multiple benefits the program has to offer companies. We use QuickBooks on a daily basis for anything from Estimates, Invoices, Payments, as well as for tax purposes. It neatly organizes everything for us to be able to find our different customer's effectively and efficiently, and run our day to day business. We also utilize the mobile version daily as well and love that just as much as QuickBooks online. I have used a few other programs similiar to this in the past, and QuickBooks Online is hands down the best program out there. Would highly recommend this product.

Pros

I like how easy to use and user friendly this program is. Even when first set-up and started using, was very easy to navigate and complete different functions throughout the program. Is very efficient and nice to be able to do multiple tasks all on one platform.

Cons

Sometimes the new updates take a few minutes to get used to as far as the new layout, but overall not that bad.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Keeps clients connected with their Accountant

Overall I like QuickBooks online and recommend it to my clients. It is setup to be user friendly and can potentially save users a lot of time. I like how the bank transactions download in and you can match or add them individually or automatically. A lot of businesses have a lot of frequent and similar transactions so I make rules to automatically add them to the books. This also carries over to the reconciliation so I can quickly reconcile the books to the bank statements.

Pros

I like how I can log in and help keep my clients’ books on track. When they have questions, I can log in and see exactly what they are talking about and either help them fix it or fix it on my end. I also like how the bank can be connected so all the transactions import into QuickBooks.

Cons

I don’t like how some of the functionality is taken away and given only to QuickBooks support. The payroll center and sales tax center both need some work. Some fields in payroll checks we cannot edit, even if QuickBooks is calculating it wrong. Last couple times I called support, I was on the phone for hours and I am a pro advisor.

Quickbooks pros and cons

Since we started using Quickbooks keeping tabs on what invoices are outstanding is a breeze. Keeping track of invoices owed to vendors is simple. The best so far has been the payroll option a few clicks and some data input and your done. Quickbooks has made keeping track of financials much simpler and quicker than doing it all by hand on paper.

Pros

Pros for Quickbooks are the payroll option, makes keeping track of federal income and state taxes much easier. Getting invoices to clients is simple, and being able to see when that invoice is viewed by the client is a great function. Being able to quickly add and search through a list of our clients as we have hundreds is a vast improvement than searching through paper files. The addition of the warning that there was an issue getting an email through to a client is a feature that I love.

Cons

There are some features that I would love to see in the software that I think would be basic ideas that are not there. Using Quickbooks for inventory is great but in my business we have 8-12 week lead times and may not have the stock on hand but once an invoice is made from an estimate it will automatically take the stock out. I find this a little frustrating and would love a feature that lets you suspend the inventory for that invoice.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Expensive but probably worth it

We complete our day to day bookkeeping and assets We also use the built in payroll feature

Pros

Always available from all device backups are a thing of the past support seems to be US based and is rather good

Cons

Like other vendors the move to cloud operations seems to be strictly for profits The price seems to creep up every year to 6 months leaving me worried for cost in the future

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

A great accounting software for any small business

With the ease of use and great features, Quickbooks Online has enabled me to increase my productivity out in the field and make sure I can serve our customers whether I'm in the office or out.

Pros

I've been using Quickbooks Online almost daily for over 2 years and can safely say I won't be using another accounting software anytime soon. It's easy to use, has a ton of features, and you're able to use it anywhere you have WIFI access which is great if you need to work outside of the office like I do a lot of the time.

Cons

Not being the administrator, I don't have access to some of the features that I think could be helpful so I can't speak for them. However of the features I can use, I think the thing that can be improved is the ability to export estimates to be able to edit them offline in case you don't have access to WIFI out in the field. It'd be great to be able to export estimates, edit them offline, and then import them back into the program.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Jarrett. Helping you take care of business quickly and efficiently is our goal. To stay in the loop of exciting product news, please visit the QuickBooks Blog: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/. Wishing you a wonderful rest of the year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Seems to have issues all the time

Its nice being able to use it online through a browser, but also using a desktop app and mobile app. I use all 3 of these connections and all seem to work pretty well. Just the occasional errors that pop up. but overall I like it, and continue to use it as my primary accounting program.

Pros

I use this as my primary way of keeping track of my finances for my company. a handful of extra addins make it nice.

Cons

Always seems to have problems, I get the "Oops our shoes came untied" message a few times a week. It gets old. If I leave it open and then come back to it after a few hours I seem to get that message. So I am always closing and reopening the program.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Tip-Top Support which is good cos you'll likely need it

I would like to see an asset register and as a result I'm tending to absorb all but large purhcases into P&L, which is a pragmatic decision and not my desire). Multi-currency is supported but it's quite hard to get to grips with, especially if you have actuals for the exahnge figures by transaction, meaning you have to value each transaction. Again I've modified my business sytems to work around that....

Pros

It's quite streamlined once you get the hang of it and you can gets tasks done quickly. It's quite powerful if you want to delve in a bit deeper.

Cons

That so many issues need resolution with their support, thanksfully their support really is top notch, but I'd prefer if I could find an answer in the help files without having to phone up (which also means I can resolve problems at weekends as they're only there weekdays)

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Great software solution before the advent of the QuickBooks Online platform

Overall, QuickBooks offers one of the best products in the industry, but their customer service and business strategies neglect the better interest of their customers. I will likely explore other options in the future.

Pros

QuickBooks (desktop) was the first accounting software solution I used when I started my business back in 2013. It allowed me to easily manage my business' finances with minimal effort and no ongoing costs.

Cons

The QuickBooks Desktop platform was replaced in 2014 (I believe) by the online platform and service/updates for the desktop version were discontinued shortly thereafter, leaving me no choice but to jump on the QBO bandwagon and start paying excessive fees each month for the same platform I once paid for upfront.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Great product in a remote environment

It's made operating my business in a remote environment possible.

Pros

The best feature of this product is that it makes working remotely with your bookkeeper and accountant easier. I never see them in person, but my books are always up to date because it is so easy to automate things, and the things that can't be automated are handled by the CPA and bookkeeper via the web.

Cons

If you are not a bookkeeper or CPA by trade (I'm an attorney), there are aspects of this program that are too complicated to figure out without a lot of help. And it's not easy to get help from Quickbooks customer service.

QBO is the way to go.

Glad we made the switch from the desktop version to QBO. QBO makes entering transactions simple, allowing a user to process transactions and create invoices from smartphones. Happy to use the product as it's a HUGE time saver. Love that it's cloud based and accessible from practically anywhere.

Pros

User friendly, able to us on the go on a smartphone. Login from anywhere. Software engineers are constantly fixing small bug issues. Makes accounting/book keeping easy.

Cons

Although bugs are fixed, there seem to be quite a few bugs that happen often. Other than that there is not much that can be said that is liked least about the software.

QuickBooks Online for small businesses

Pros

This product from Intuit, easy to use, full functioning as an accounting software for small businesses. you can easy get started within up to 4 minutes, dig in all administration roles, getting familiar with it, and create your own company. follow up your banks accounts through the available integration between this software and your bank. additional to that you can check in any moment the Chang-Log to every one who just post, add, edit any transaction on the system. a great feature through it, the massive available integration with other softwares especially the POS systems like Vend, Revel. it does really save time and money. I do really enjoyed using this software as a small business.

Cons

as I clarified above this system great for small businesses, for whom bigger than these ones. unfortunately you have to find another solution. the essential point for refusing such one, the Manufacturing service in the accounting systems; it's really important for us the system who we're working on provide the ability to mix multi row materials into one final product. another point, for the users authorities, we can't use it when we have more than one shop and we want to assign a user to a specific store, in doing so we have to establish separate company account for each one to be able to assign the users to their outlets.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

The only accounting software you need

Overall, there is also more of a learning curve when transitioning to the online but in the end, the benefits and ease of use outweigh the cons. Highly recommend.

Pros

I love being able to access my finances from any location via the internet. Sending invoices is a breeze through the web or app as well!

Cons

There are some different features that are available on the online version vs the desktop version. The desktop version allows you to have more customized invoices with custom fields and email templates. The bank download also stalls fairly often. Not sure if this is something to do with the bank or if it is on the QB side.

Excellent Software For Small and Medium Sized Businesses

Quickbooks Online offers more than just basic accounting functions. It gives you a good overall dashboard into the accounting and financial reporting of your company.

Pros

Quickbooks has an easy to use interface and it's quite user friendly. It's rich with features that include functions like invoicing, expense tracking, P&L Statements, inventory visibility, and bank reconciliation to help manage the accounting of any small to medium size business. It's very easy to export data to excel and other applications. You can also easily link your bank accounts and your company's credit card spending to your Quickbooks account too. One of the best benefits of Quickbooks Online is that it's cloud based so it's accessible 24/7 whereever you have an internet connection(which also makes using Quickbooks Online with mobile devices very easy too.)

Cons

Quickbooks Online is SAAS software so it's not hosted on your company's servers. So if your internet connection is down, you won't have access to Quickbooks Online at all. There are help tutorials to help you get started on Quickbooks Online but hands on customer service is not very good.

Quickbooks Online is the best

Thanks to Quickbooks online, now our accountants don't really need to come into our office to work on Quickbooks. They can just log in from their offices.

Pros

I can log in from any computer when needed. Is simpler to use than the desktop version of it. I like the new look with a minimalist design compared to the desktop version.

Cons

When we first got it, there were a few bugs when trying to write checks. For some reason when going back to look for the checks, they didn't appeared in the system. I noticed so far the issue was probably solved with an update.

Hello, Diego. We know running a business doesn't always happen at one single location, so it's great to hear you've been able to complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can continue to count on us to keep it simple. We recommend checking out the Community to continue learning about your account or if you ever need a helping hand: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

The most complete small business accounting solution

Overall I am beyond happy with my choice to put QuickBooks Online at the core of my businesses accounting functions. The cost is extremely reasonable for the power and huge capabilities it has.

Pros

Easy to use whether you have no accounting experience or you are a pro. The user interface is logically laid out so you can get where you need intuitively. Between the very complete built in functionality and a robust App Store of add-ins for specific needs it Quickbooks Online can provide a solution to any accounting need You can go it alone or seamlessly incorporate external accounting services...

Cons

I had very few issues. Mostly surrounding my inexperience with accounting. It would be nice if Intuit would have some General Accounting Practices videos to get complete accounting novices up to speed on the basics like setting up a book of accounts and how to categorize expenses properly.