Quickbooks Online Logo

Quickbooks Online

Small business accounting software

Quickbooks Online Reviews - Page 6

4,987 reviews

Great for small business entrepreneurs

I'm a Financial Controller for my career and I manage a small business as my side-project. I frequently use QBO for both my career and side-gig.

Pros

Because it's browser-based, accessing my books from any desktop/laptop is incredibly handy. Gone are the days of having to use a desktop version and be forced to used a server to access your books from another location. It's incredibly user friendly, connecting banks is easy, exporting reports is fast and it's a one-stop shop for me to handle bills, payroll, financial reporting, tracking expenses and keeping my books clean so when tax-filing time comes around, I'm not spending days or weeks trying to tidy things up.

Cons

There are a few small glitches that annoy me but aren't deal breakers: -The left-side menu has pop-up boxes to extend that menu, and sometimes they'll hover over my screen where I'm working on something completely different. -Not all banks are available to do instant-transaction downloads into your books and American Express for some reason is always a pain to connect as it disconnects often. -Not a fan of the pricing, but I haven't had experience with other online accounting products to know how fair it is, as a comparison.

A great accounting software for any small business

With the ease of use and great features, Quickbooks Online has enabled me to increase my productivity out in the field and make sure I can serve our customers whether I'm in the office or out.

Pros

I've been using Quickbooks Online almost daily for over 2 years and can safely say I won't be using another accounting software anytime soon. It's easy to use, has a ton of features, and you're able to use it anywhere you have WIFI access which is great if you need to work outside of the office like I do a lot of the time.

Cons

Not being the administrator, I don't have access to some of the features that I think could be helpful so I can't speak for them. However of the features I can use, I think the thing that can be improved is the ability to export estimates to be able to edit them offline in case you don't have access to WIFI out in the field. It'd be great to be able to export estimates, edit them offline, and then import them back into the program.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Jarrett. Helping you take care of business quickly and efficiently is our goal. To stay in the loop of exciting product news, please visit the QuickBooks Blog: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/. Wishing you a wonderful rest of the year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

QuickBooks really helps my business run smoothly and efficiently!!

Since purchasing and using QuickBooks online, as well as mobile we have streamlined our business and are able to utilize multiple benefits the program has to offer companies. We use QuickBooks on a daily basis for anything from Estimates, Invoices, Payments, as well as for tax purposes. It neatly organizes everything for us to be able to find our different customer's effectively and efficiently, and run our day to day business. We also utilize the mobile version daily as well and love that just as much as QuickBooks online. I have used a few other programs similiar to this in the past, and QuickBooks Online is hands down the best program out there. Would highly recommend this product.

Pros

I like how easy to use and user friendly this program is. Even when first set-up and started using, was very easy to navigate and complete different functions throughout the program. Is very efficient and nice to be able to do multiple tasks all on one platform.

Cons

Sometimes the new updates take a few minutes to get used to as far as the new layout, but overall not that bad.

Tip-Top Support which is good cos you'll likely need it

I would like to see an asset register and as a result I'm tending to absorb all but large purhcases into P&L, which is a pragmatic decision and not my desire). Multi-currency is supported but it's quite hard to get to grips with, especially if you have actuals for the exahnge figures by transaction, meaning you have to value each transaction. Again I've modified my business sytems to work around that....

Pros

It's quite streamlined once you get the hang of it and you can gets tasks done quickly. It's quite powerful if you want to delve in a bit deeper.

Cons

That so many issues need resolution with their support, thanksfully their support really is top notch, but I'd prefer if I could find an answer in the help files without having to phone up (which also means I can resolve problems at weekends as they're only there weekdays)

Easy Accounting for Working

Simply put, Quick book has made my job much easier & simpler in the work environment. And has affected my random work. Using it , there are financial statement , Bank reconciliation & many more things that have made the job much easier. But it is because of this that every one of my reports has been accurate so far.

Pros

The results of this software are easily & quickly available. In fact, it easily solve the critical tasks of many accounts & analyzes them accurately in every parts .

Cons

In fact, there is no problem in work, but it has always made work easier. It doesn't cost much, but for third world people like me , the price would be a little lower for us.

It simply works

Overall, I am happy with Quickbooks, I wouldn't move provider and I would recommend it

Pros

It was fairly simple to use and fairly intuitive. It could be better but it does the job it's meant to do very well. It helps me track my receipts easily via uploading them on the system, I can easily see my revenue and profits, I can run reports and I can manage cashflow and chase outstanding invoices well.

Cons

It could be more intuitive and when something doesn't work it requires a bit of work to figure out a solution. I've heard Xero is more intuitive but I didn't feel that justified the price difference.

Keeps clients connected with their Accountant

Overall I like QuickBooks online and recommend it to my clients. It is setup to be user friendly and can potentially save users a lot of time. I like how the bank transactions download in and you can match or add them individually or automatically. A lot of businesses have a lot of frequent and similar transactions so I make rules to automatically add them to the books. This also carries over to the reconciliation so I can quickly reconcile the books to the bank statements.

Pros

I like how I can log in and help keep my clients’ books on track. When they have questions, I can log in and see exactly what they are talking about and either help them fix it or fix it on my end. I also like how the bank can be connected so all the transactions import into QuickBooks.

Cons

I don’t like how some of the functionality is taken away and given only to QuickBooks support. The payroll center and sales tax center both need some work. Some fields in payroll checks we cannot edit, even if QuickBooks is calculating it wrong. Last couple times I called support, I was on the phone for hours and I am a pro advisor.

Great product in a remote environment

It's made operating my business in a remote environment possible.

Pros

The best feature of this product is that it makes working remotely with your bookkeeper and accountant easier. I never see them in person, but my books are always up to date because it is so easy to automate things, and the things that can't be automated are handled by the CPA and bookkeeper via the web.

Cons

If you are not a bookkeeper or CPA by trade (I'm an attorney), there are aspects of this program that are too complicated to figure out without a lot of help. And it's not easy to get help from Quickbooks customer service.

Easy to Use

This allows me to run all aspects of our business.

Pros

The software can manage all aspects of a small business from billing to collection to reporting. I like integration with Intuit Payroll. Highly recommend

Cons

No serous complaints. The search functions have improved in the last couple years and reliability has improved

Expensive but probably worth it

We complete our day to day bookkeeping and assets We also use the built in payroll feature

Pros

Always available from all device backups are a thing of the past support seems to be US based and is rather good

Cons

Like other vendors the move to cloud operations seems to be strictly for profits The price seems to creep up every year to 6 months leaving me worried for cost in the future

QuickBooks Online for small businesses

Pros

This product from Intuit, easy to use, full functioning as an accounting software for small businesses. you can easy get started within up to 4 minutes, dig in all administration roles, getting familiar with it, and create your own company. follow up your banks accounts through the available integration between this software and your bank. additional to that you can check in any moment the Chang-Log to every one who just post, add, edit any transaction on the system. a great feature through it, the massive available integration with other softwares especially the POS systems like Vend, Revel. it does really save time and money. I do really enjoyed using this software as a small business.

Cons

as I clarified above this system great for small businesses, for whom bigger than these ones. unfortunately you have to find another solution. the essential point for refusing such one, the Manufacturing service in the accounting systems; it's really important for us the system who we're working on provide the ability to mix multi row materials into one final product. another point, for the users authorities, we can't use it when we have more than one shop and we want to assign a user to a specific store, in doing so we have to establish separate company account for each one to be able to assign the users to their outlets.

Seems to have issues all the time

Its nice being able to use it online through a browser, but also using a desktop app and mobile app. I use all 3 of these connections and all seem to work pretty well. Just the occasional errors that pop up. but overall I like it, and continue to use it as my primary accounting program.

Pros

I use this as my primary way of keeping track of my finances for my company. a handful of extra addins make it nice.

Cons

Always seems to have problems, I get the "Oops our shoes came untied" message a few times a week. It gets old. If I leave it open and then come back to it after a few hours I seem to get that message. So I am always closing and reopening the program.

Cloud based accounting for small business

Quickbooks Online is great for small business owners such as myself who handle their own personal accounting. The features and assistance offered from Intuit makes me more confident in handling my business finances.

Pros

Quickbooks Online is a cloud based version of the original Quickbooks which allows you to work remotely. You can switch from working at home on your tablet to working on a smartphone in a cafe. There is also a share feature that allows you and another user to work on the same files simultaneously. This is great for streamlining and efficiency.

Cons

If you are managing more than one business/client, you have to pay not only the monthly fee, but you have to pay for each business under your umbrella. This really can add up and make it unfeasible. Also, although it is cloud based, there is no backup option so you must be careful when editing accounts.

The only accounting software you need

Overall, there is also more of a learning curve when transitioning to the online but in the end, the benefits and ease of use outweigh the cons. Highly recommend.

Pros

I love being able to access my finances from any location via the internet. Sending invoices is a breeze through the web or app as well!

Cons

There are some different features that are available on the online version vs the desktop version. The desktop version allows you to have more customized invoices with custom fields and email templates. The bank download also stalls fairly often. Not sure if this is something to do with the bank or if it is on the QB side.

Quickbooks Online version is convenient and easy to use.

It has made my work more portable and easy to access anywhere. I like that I don't have to make a back-up copy and can access online from any computer.

Pros

Integration with my business processes is fairly easy. Running everything, from estimates to invoicing to payroll is simple. Filing payroll taxes electronically is convenient and quick.

Cons

The reports feature isn't as good as Quickbooks desktop version, but is okay. Some of the updates or changes take time to learn and don't work as well as previous way.

Great software solution before the advent of the QuickBooks Online platform

Overall, QuickBooks offers one of the best products in the industry, but their customer service and business strategies neglect the better interest of their customers. I will likely explore other options in the future.

Pros

QuickBooks (desktop) was the first accounting software solution I used when I started my business back in 2013. It allowed me to easily manage my business' finances with minimal effort and no ongoing costs.

Cons

The QuickBooks Desktop platform was replaced in 2014 (I believe) by the online platform and service/updates for the desktop version were discontinued shortly thereafter, leaving me no choice but to jump on the QBO bandwagon and start paying excessive fees each month for the same platform I once paid for upfront.

Simple To Utilize Bookkeeping Programming For Entrepreneurs

Pros

QuickBooks Online is an incredible bookkeeping programming for occupied business visionaries who are searching for a unified method to keep all their charging/invoicing/cost following/installment preparing in one spot. I discover it very simple to utilize. It permits me to forego the cost of an actual bookkeeper and awards me the accommodation of making and sending solicitations internet, tolerating installment, overseeing receipt history and following costs. Rather than buying programming and being consigned to one PC, you can get to this product anyplace. Moreover, on the off chance that you have workers for hire/representatives, contingent upon your arrangement, you can handle your finance straightforwardly from the product which is a special reward.

Cons

I like the majority of the highlights related with Quickbooks On the web, in any case, as an originator myself I think there could be a more noteworthy assortment in the receipt layout determination. It is extremely simple to mark their present layouts, yet as somebody who esteems brand stylish exceptionally, I couldn't imagine anything better than to have the option to provide food the visual of the receipt to be more lined up with my image tasteful.

The best billing and invoicing software on the market

I switched from another accounting and billing software provider, and I couldn't be happier with Quickbooks. From day one, I have received amazing customer support when needed, have found a lot of great resources in their help section, and it has helped me greatly in making better business decisions.

Pros

My favorite feature of the software is that I can quickly and easily create invoices for my clients while giving them an option to pay online. In the digital world, being able to complete a transaction remotely is a big plus for my business. Plus, I love that I can save services and products for easy invoicing of my clients.

Cons

One area that could be improved is the default setting of routing payments into the "QuickBooks envelopes + cash" category, as it can make for messy bookkeeping. Once this is fixed within your settings, the software is great.

QBO is the way to go.

Glad we made the switch from the desktop version to QBO. QBO makes entering transactions simple, allowing a user to process transactions and create invoices from smartphones. Happy to use the product as it's a HUGE time saver. Love that it's cloud based and accessible from practically anywhere.

Pros

User friendly, able to us on the go on a smartphone. Login from anywhere. Software engineers are constantly fixing small bug issues. Makes accounting/book keeping easy.

Cons

Although bugs are fixed, there seem to be quite a few bugs that happen often. Other than that there is not much that can be said that is liked least about the software.

Makes business a breeze

I have been able to accomplish more than i had ever imagined with quickbook's help. I am really happy with how quick i can pay bills, do payroll, and balance my budget all in one spot. I can quickly run reports for my business evaluation consultant and not have to make several spreadsheets and store things on my own. It makes doing business so much easier than it used to be!

Pros

Very user friendly, and customer support is great if i need help finding specific report or learning to do something new. This software has saved me so much time and money and allows me to spend more time doing things to grow the business

Cons

Overall it does everything i need it to.

Comments like yours are why we do this Michaela, as it's wonderful to read that QuickBooks is doing it's part to save you valuable time, so you can focus on growing your business. Even though I'm certain you're a pro by now, I encourage you to check out our Community page when you have the chance. Whether you're trying to learn something new about the program, or simply need an answer to a question, this space is your one-stop shop for QuickBooks insights. The following link will guide you there: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us All the best to you and Rocky Creek Veterinary Hospital, and thank you for reviewing QuickBooks! Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Simple. Quick. Conenient

Overall I really like this product.

Pros

Nicely organizes all transactions. Reporting is also very convenient.

Cons

It's con is also a pro. Unlike the old Quicken where you could delete entries, QuickBooks has gone the way of all legitimate bookkeeping programs where errors need to be corrected through reversals and/or journal entries so that everything ever done in the account can be seen. This is nice for accountability but sometimes a pain for correcting an error.

Thanks a ton for the great review, Tim! I'm delighted QuickBooks has provided your business with organization and convenience. In regards to deleting transactions, you can still do so, however, you also have the option to use journal entries. With that being said, should you end up deleting a transaction it will be recorded in the Audit log, which you can find in the reports center. for more on this,...

Powerful for Cloud-Accounting

QBO has made some major advances in recent years/months due to the pressure of other cloud-based accounting suites trying to steal Intuit's market share, and these advances have benefited us as end-users. Though the interface and forms-based entry is a little different than the desktop software, the functionality in QBO is realistically quite similar to the Desktop version. I have not found many...

Pros

Power & Functionality in the cloud world.

Cons

Pricing can be expensive over the life of a subscription.

Just what small businesses need!!!

I just love how easy everything is to do with this software and how considerate the creator of this tool is. I get work done much faster using this in comparison to my old method.

Pros

1.I love the fact that if you cancelled your account intentionally or by mistake all your data is kept safe for up to 12 months from the day of cancellation, however resubscribing within those 12 months reactivates your account. 2.The dashboard reminds you daily of your income and you previous month expenditures using a donut chart . The home dashboard screen also shows you how much money was earned...

Cons

1. There are times when I would be working on some big estimates that took alot of time to put together and i would be logged out of my account while still working on it without auto saving my work then i had to start all over this can be frustrating.

Powerful and Flexible

We like the ease of use and powerful reporting functions

Pros

We use QuickBooks Online (QBO) for our bookkeeping for our small tourism destination. We like that we can use it on desktop computers and our mobile devices to track expenditure and revenue. lots of useful reports. It integrates well with our booking software and banking.

Cons

We converted over from Quickbooks desktop and it has been a steep learning for us and a lot of extra work getting it set up and working properly.

Hi Daniel, It's great to hear QuickBooks Online has been a helpful tool for your business. Whether you're on the computer or on the go, you can count on our software to get the job done. For tips on getting the most out of QBO, be sure to check out our Community page (http://community.intuit.com/). All the best, Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Solid Product

My overall experience with Quickbooks Online has been a good one, and I would recommend the product, but I would recommend someone to take their time when getting set up and getting started or to work with an accountant to get started, also pay attention to which version you need and not try to pay for too much at first. It's nice to have tasks automated, but you don't necessarily need all of the fancy features that you will never use.

Pros

This is a good product and very strong for what it is meant for. This allows users to keep all of their financial information, bank accounts, expenses, and invoices organized in one place, and also allows them to keep their accounts payable tracked and automated without having to enter them manually each time.

Cons

For new users this system can be a little confusing and overwhelming to set up and use. I have had some issues, especially when transferring and downgrading to a smaller version. When dealing with customer service it can be very frustrating as it felt like not every customer service rep was on the same page, some very helpful, others felt like they were trying to upsell me on products, and others were simply listening and understanding what I had to say, but didn't offer much of a solution. In each instance they were friendly, but it was still frustrating.