QuickBooks Online Logo

AF

Aubree F.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Quickbooks Online customer (A/R) review

What I like most about Quickbooks Online is the ease of use everything is very user friendly. They also offer a subscription where you can learn all of the ins and outs of Quickbooks to ensure you are getting use of all the amazing features they offer. Their Support Team is so knowledgeable and friendly they make sure you understand steps needed and are able to resolve issues. There have been a few issues we have not been able to resolve as well as some user errors that really need correcting but overall not a lot of things I don't like. Issues include reconciliation balance issues and incorrect amounts withheld for employees.

cm

carisa m.

Easy to Use Accounting Software

We have been using quickbooks online for 15+ years. it has always been the #1 tool we recommend to clients for accounting. its easy to use, has all the features needed for our business and clients.

Pros

We recommend QuickBooks for all of our clients. It is easy to use, cloud based, affordable accounting software. They are constantly making changes and upgrades to the functionality and ease of use of the system. You can connect your bank accounts to get real time view of transactions posting. There are also a lot of options for apps that can be connected to the system to keep your bookkeeping efficient.

Cons

since the system is always updating sometimes you will see a glitch in the coding and it takes a day or two for them to correct it. Also with it being cloud based it can go offline from time to time, its not frequent but it has happened.

CH

Cornelius H.

Buyer Beware

The online version is a decent product but I am sure there are other online accounting software packages that provide the same or much more. Dealing with the online accountant customer service department is a total waste of time. Their management team seems to be concerned with their numbers more than customer appreciation. Terrrrrible! My advice: "Buyer beware!"

Pros

The ability to assign classes in creating rules for the electronic bank transaction imports. The desktop version does not offer that function. It's sad because I know that if the QuickBooks Online software code writers can create that functionality in the online version, then they certainly should be able to create that functionality for the desktop versions which most subscribers have been using for decades now.

Cons

The unexpected price hikes on your account without formal notification or fair warning. Quickbooks has probably been the worst software vendor in that they always find a way to raise your rates by using creative and deceptive means such as switching online account holders and their client accounts to the Advanced Online version as a trial run without the account holders authorization. They leave...

AS

Autumn S.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

Great for bookkeepers

Overall our experience is great. I do think it's a little expensive for a small company. It has a lot of features that we spend the extra money for ease of use. I haven't had any issues calling tech support and we are very satisfied.

Pros

Quickbooks is super easy to use. All of our banking and savings accounts are attached as well as our business credit cards. I love the app feature and use a couple of the apps to assist, especially during tax time. We use classes for everything and it's so great to get a snapshot of each events profits and losses.

Cons

I wish that I could have multiple companies on one account. I have a few different small businesses that we run and it's not cost effective to have a quickbooks account for really small companies. I have found other free software programs that mimic quickbooks to manage those accounts.

Hi Autumn. Rest assured there are versions of QuickBooks that allow you to manage more than one company within the program. You can learn more about this software at https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-desktop, but I want to ensure you're getting the value you deserve in what you're using now. I can gladly forward your comments about multiple businesses per account to the Development Team....

Andre C.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Perfect for businesses wanting to move to the next level

We use Quickbooks Online for our practice, we utilize 3rd party integration for time capture (and yes while Quickbooks does offer this, requires the program to be open - a mini app would be perfect for this). Payroll is very flexible and easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use for the most common features (invoicing, expense capturing), receipt capture assistance, quick and flexible search, 3rd party marketplace. Accountant version has good client management.

Cons

Not all features available in mobile (no payroll), No automatic late charge/ overdue interest (requires either manual or using 3rd party integration which greatly increases cost of product). Document attaching limited only to invoices and expense receipt capture (should be on invoice payment). Time recording should be easier within desktop app (have mini app for this ). No integration into Office 365 (would be great to have ability to bill for emails, appts, tasks etc) as well as ability to see Quickbooks Receivables when viewing either Office365 contact or viewing, writing email

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great for basic bookkeeping, but not great for advanced reporting

Overall, not bad. It depends on the situation. Personally, I feel like this software is good for small businesses with simple revenues and expenses. If you are bigger than a mom and pop, I would probably recommend other (more advanced) software. It is cheap and user friendly, but you get what you pay for.

Pros

Ease of entering invoices (expenses), availability of adding attachments to entries, and easy to invoice customers

Cons

The customize reporting feature leaves A LOT to be desired here. The standard reports are alright, but the custom report builder is not useful at all. Many of the fields are not available/not combinable for report building. If you only need standard reports (Balance Sheet, P&L's, Cash Flows), QB Online will do. But, if you need to customize reports, be prepared to be disappointed in the lack of customization.

SS

Sheri S.

Pricey but worth it

There is tons of information on the internet on how to do anything you want to do. I've been using QuickBooks for over 30 years and while I still love the desktop for my personal use, the online version makes it so easy for a business to use.

Pros

It can be used from the basic user to the most experienced. Most of our clients use only half of what it can do. You have to know what features you want to be able to use it fully

Cons

Cost and multi-company discount. Integration with other products is not as seamless as I would like.

VD

Vincent D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Really userfriendly, excellent for small businesses

I am in the fitness Ecommerce as well as selling fitness program and supplements. Quickbooks helps me with nearly everything that i was doing on Excel before.. Now I have everything on 1 software. It is easy to use and it is way easier and less time consuming using this software compare to Excel. I highly recommand it.

Pros

I recommend this software to anybody who is looking for an easier way to manage their businesses. If you are looking to open an online business, this is probably one of the easiest way to do it. I am not a huge technology person and this platform is really userfriendly, I haven't had problems, but if I had any the support services is there to support you in real time, in a lot of languages. I speak french, english and spanish and the app can help me in any of those languages.

Cons

I haven't see any issue yet with this software.. I think that maybe add more feature on the app to make it similar to the computer version.

CF

Christina F.

QBO, the one stop shop

Mostly QBO is amazing, the software does so many things that give you many different ways to look at your business. Being able to gather such deep inside into your business financials is so beneficial.

Pros

I am an exclusive QBO user for all my clients in my firm. I love that any busy business owner can have a snapshot on the go. Not only that I have a lot of clients that work in the field, and so they can capture payments in the field, and it all integrates to keep things clean and smooth. This software can do so much, and most business owners do not even fully understand the power of QBO. They are consistently making improvements, and that is always a win for us.

Cons

QBO is increasing rates faster than a lot of others in the industry. While they do add value to their software, I fear they will begin pushing business owners away due to the consistent increases.

AS

Andrew S.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

QucikBooks Online

My overall experience has been good. I use this software in my bookkeeping business and it is the software of choice for majority of our clients. I find QBO support to very effective and much better than a lot of its competitors.

Pros

The software is user-friendly and intuit is always finding ways to improve the software. It is popular hence its integrates many other apps and software.

Cons

I didn't really find any cons in using this software.

MM

Michael M.

Music, self-employed

I Found a Free Program That Does As Well

The only benefit I have received is having the sales tax numbers from the up to 8 County area I serve. I need the sales tax for each county and the state total minus the counties. I don't feel that is worth $420+ a year. My other "bookkeeping" is done by the bank, I have a business account, I deposit business receipts in that account and pay my vendors from that account. Done and done.

Pros

I had the desk top version initially which was their best but Windows 10 ruined it. The online version was never as good but I needed SOMETHING to keep track of my sales tax. Which it did

Cons

The desktop version I had initially that installed on my computer was customized for Wisconsin taxes. The online version can't be so the necessary items I need to file my sales tax aren't there. I have to take the raw numbers and do the work myself, work that Quickbooks is supposed to be doing! Additionally when I feed the numbers in for the final amount, the Quickbooks program wants me to "discount" the amount due! It actually asks for less than the total amount of TAX DOLLARS DUE TO THE STATE!

AK

Andrew K.

Accounting, self-employed

QBO is great... but lousy customer support

QBO is one of the best software around for small to midsized businesses. I have no issues with it and find it perfect for all of my use but their customer support is hit or miss. They need to focus on the issues plaguing the system and teach the support techs to be able to properly fix the issues or at minimum be aware of when things will get fixed. All in all QBO is a great solution for small to mid sized businesses needing accounting software.

Pros

Great Double Entry Accounting software! Online system is really well done and the mobile platform is great!

Cons

Customer Support is extremely lacking. Yes they train accountants to act as support but when the accountants have issues the support for them is lacking.

Hey there, Andrew. Hearing how much you've enjoyed using QuickBooks is music to our ears. We'll continue to have your back for years to come. As an alternative route to reach support, we invite you to check out the Community. In this space, you'll find a variety of how-to articles, and can ask your own unique question for a more tailored response from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for stopping by to leave a review. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Anders A.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

It’s the industry standard for a reason

Quickbooks helps keep my small business finances in check with features both simple enough for me to use and robust enough for my CPA to help with during tax season. I cannot imagine going back to manual invoicing, expense, and profit/loss tracking.

Pros

Quickbooks integrates with most other small business software out there that has any sort of financial functionality. Categorizing and tracking expenses, invoices, and customer history is pretty easy. Reports are readily available and clear to interpret and automatically updated. Most all Tax professionals are familiar with the software so your CPA or tax preparer can tell you exactly what quickbooks documents they need when it’s tax time. There is also a robust online community that will help if you run into issues.

Cons

Categorizing expenses, splitting invoices, and marking transactions can sometimes be clunky and more difficult than it feels it should be. Doing anything more than basic tasks usually requires a google search to figure out, but there is extensive documentation and tutorials / guides exist for nearly everything you’d want to do.

TS

Tony S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Quickbooks It Does what it says on the tin.

Overall we have learnt to live with QB, it has trouble with some complex transactions but you can normally find a way round it. would i change..not now with 2+ years invested in it. Learn it and stick with it and you will not be dissappointed.

Pros

Quickbooks has a clean and logical interface, a new user will be able to find their way around relatively easily, it autofills in many fields which can save lots of time. We moved over from other software and had QB setup in a few hours with all of our suppliers, clients and back accounts. It does your VAT returns with great ease. We also use the payroll feature for a few quid per month.

Cons

QB has a feature which can connect tour bank account automatically, this was working fine until an update and now it never has the right figures it only downloads the Paypal transaction amount and never the Paypal fees , this creates some additional workarounds that we should not have to do.

YE

Yusuf E.

Chemicals, 10,001+ employees

QuickBooks e-commerce a must-have!!!

Overall QuickBooks e-commerce is a very helpful tool that allows me to track, locate and calculate in-house inventory. I would recommend it to any business that wants to be able to collect and share critical business information in a clear and professional manner.

Pros

I really like that it's easy to share information with accountants. I also like how powerful the inventory management feature is.. this really makes it easy for me to track incoming and outgoing inventory. This allows me to efficiently be able to calculate in dollars how much inventory left in a day and how much inventory was received in a day.

Cons

I just wish they would allow more users with each plan. It's fine when used by small businesses but when you get into global businesses we really need to be able to add more users per plan.

Scott E.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Great Features. Value for money (at the moment). Poor Customer Service

Quickbooks Online is great for businesses that have inventory, job management, budgetting or a large payroll. While these features are available with other software (such as Xero)...it is often for an additional cost. QBO includes these features in their offering. Great for retail, manufacturing and distribution-type businesses. For service-based business that focus on services, such as consultants, professionals or creatives I would recommend Xero as a better alternative.

Pros

Quickbooks Online (for Australia) has great features. It has been around for a long time and has developed a really good platform. Features, such as inventory and payroll are well developed. The reporting available with QBO is excellent - very detailed and flexible.

Cons

When things go wrong...the service is very poor. I've had overseas staff who did not know the system, or how things work in Australia. I have had customer support staff not get back to me. And I've had them flat out tell me that they can't help. Quickbooks is trying to buy market share in Australia, so they are offering significant discounts. This makes the software really affordable...but there is...

AA

Andrea A.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

BEWARE of QUICKBOOKS

I will be switching from Quickbooks immediately, They are crooks who have access to your bank accounts, and literally steal your money by "holding" it for no legimiate reason for weeks. DO NOT TRUST THEM WITH YOUR FUNDS OR YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION.

Pros

I have used quickbooks for years, and started in the last year, because of a recommendation from my outsource financial company, using it for invoicing and receiving payments. Prior to this, I found it serviceable and fairly easy to use for the daily things, although difficult in many respects.

Cons

I do manufacturing and have a client with an open PO for 15,000 units. They paid the final balance (which had been on our books since November) on April 4, over $200,000. Quickbooks put a "hold" on my legitimate payment, citing they needed "documentation" for my invoice payment. At 8:00 am on April 5, as soon as we received the request, we provided all documentation. They still have my funds. My accountant has spent 10 hours on the phone with them and has gotten nowhere. They send out erroneous emails requesting documents that they already have, and acknowledge they have the do cuments, but still will not release the funds. They say there is no one to escalate it to. They have effectively stolen $200,000 and are crippling my business.

KH

Kristin H.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Worthless If Migrating from Desktop with Estimates

Here's part of what I wrote to my salesperson, there wasn't room for the whole email: You should be ashamed of yourself – or perhaps your company should be ashamed if you were not trained properly. I have wasted multiple hours discovering that Quickbooks Online is not going to work for me UNLESS I am willing to run two sets of books for a very long while. You did not ask me if we do progress invoicing....

Pros

NOTHING - It's far inferior to the desktop version.

Cons

I use the desktop version for my core business and the online version for the non-profit I volunteer for. The online platform is ick in comparison to the desktop, but I wanted to trade in the desktop for the online version for ease of use. I felt like I knew what I was getting into since I've been using it for the non-profit. BUT ALAS, AFTER THE MIGRATION, I will be going back to the desktop version....

Abdullah S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

QuickBooks Online Review

It is a good app. Using the QuickBooks Online is cost effective and it is user friendly software when compared to other apps.

Pros

I'm involving QuickBooks Online for 2+ years. I recommend this app as QuickBooks Online has been an Editors' choice award winner for small business accounting apps and private venture bookkeeping, accounting applications for a really long time, and it stays a merited honor. it assists with making and track receipt without any problem. Quick books online saves Accounting professionals' time and the clients' time by automating features like recurring transactions and bank feeds. It monitors Costs and Bills consequently. It has an automated Backup service and it is customer oriented.

Cons

some banks are not set up to download transactions.

CM

Chris M.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Has gone down hill

Been using trade gecko for years and sticked with them as our business has gone strength to strength. However I feel they have really gone down hill. Before their support was great, now it feels like nothing is being done, all the time its users money but not them.

Pros

There are a lot of features. B2b portal is great. I dont think there are many softwares out there which do everything TG can do

Cons

A lot of things keep breaking and nothing is being fixed. Every time a new problem comes up, customer services just deny it until after about 5 or 6 emails you prove then they say their engineers have identified the problem and are looking into it. Although months later and still no update or no fix. Right now the sales app is broken in terms of sync issue causing duplicate orders to be put on the...

RR

Richard R.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

A decent online accounting system, especially for sole traders and SMEs

Overall I’m very happy with QBO, but would prefer a more stable pricing model. The pro is £30 per month ex VAT but too many introductory offers e.g 40% off for a year, then 70% for six months. This inconsistency creates frustration for existing customers.

Pros

As long as you go Pro in the three tiers, QBO has a very good quote to invoice flow, that also easily enables the ordering process to you supplier as part of the workflow. I like how it integrates with HMRC for VAT, easily pull out a quarterly report for the EC sales list, and view cash flow quickly with P+L and Balance Sheet reports.

Cons

I don’t think it handle’s multi currency very well as you can only hold products in one currency. In addition, customising is very limited. Whilst I appreciate that to keep a stable SaaS product means limiting what you can do, it’d still be nice to have a bit more flexibility and options with additional fields and better custom templates (especially purchase orders).

BS

Brian S.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Quickbooks Online Review

Pros

Quickbooks Online is very easy to use and at an affordable price point for many small and non-profit businesses. Since it is cloud-based, I can access it from any computer, at home or the office. It is sleek and easy to find what I'm looking.

Cons

Since it is a cloud-based software, it is dependent on a reliable internet connection. It is also missing some reporting features compared to the full desktop version of quickbooks.

CH

Cliff H.

When it doesn't stink, it's awesome

Cloud based accounting. Reliability. Various user roles is nice.

Pros

It's up time is tremendous. It's prettier than it used to be and getting a little prettier by the year. (The Benjamin Button of Software). It doesn't crash in the middle of doing stuff. Their support is very responsive. API plugins. Yeah, high marks, mostly.

Cons

3 things: 1. Emailing invoices. They don't have good alerts for when you have a bad email address for a customer and this can kill. 2. They don't have a way of automatically adding late payment penalties into the invoicing process. We had to plug in some outside software through an API to effectively deal with this. 3. Somewhat related to #2, it seems weak on automated collection efforts to...

JA

Jason A.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

QB Great to use for Business

It has always been Great working with QB! When I had a problem in the past , great customer support!

Pros

The software helps us run our business and saves us time from how we did things in the past! East to use and accounts dept. (AP & AR) loves it!

Cons

You can get cheaper software ..but you can have more security risks and less capability

LS

Lisa S.

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Great Change!

This has been a great experience so far. QBO has been much easier to work with than what we used in the past.

Pros

I love the ability to set-up our customers and bill to parent companies - keeping a history for each location.

Cons

I know that QBO is accounting software, but i wish we could create partial invoices with the quantities of items being invoiced instead of using dollar amounts or percentages. The absence of a report showing items on accepted estimates is something that I wish QBO would change. I need to be able to take a report from QBO to see what items are waiting for production without the use of an outside program.