Quickbooks Online Logo

Quickbooks Online

Small business accounting software

Quickbooks Online Reviews - Page 96

5,391 reviews

I like the concept, needs some polishing.

Pros

We switched over to this software because we were able to pay our employees different pay rates based on what type of job they were completing. It's definitely provided that for us, and some features are quite intuitive. One bonus is the credit card processing is quite less expensive on this software than the previous software we were using. I've switched my husband's sole proprietorship over to Quickbooks as well, as I appreciated the reconciling accounts setup.

Cons

It's still quite glitchy I find - little things, like not being able to change the date reoccurring invoices are sent, pages reloading (to the wrong page), etc. I also feel like they could improve on the response time of their customer service.

Simple way to keep track of expenses

Pros

I love how easy it is to use from my phone. The mobile app is as robust as the desktop version. I never worry about forgetting to gather a receipt from lunch or on the go. I simply snap a picture on my phone, upload, and organize. Another brilliant feature is managing different bank accounts. With the custom filters and syncing it makes sending my expenditures to my accountant a breeze.

Cons

I think the estimated tax feature could be a little more detailed in its instructions. You know the date is coming, however signing up to electronically process estimated tax payments isn't a simple process - not Quickbooks fault!

Great Program!

Pros

Love this program, it really helps me manage my accounting, and run the reports that I need. I am surprised - but it even lets me pay employees through the program.

Cons

I don't really have any cons, this program is extremely helpful! I love the fact that I can invoice customers too!

Great for small business management

It has helped take a load off running a small business, especially at tax time.

Pros

I use Quickbooks because it integrates directly with my Etsy store and makes it much easier to track all expenses related to my store. The best feature for me is the ability to scan receipts, and also forward invoice emails to a specific Quickbooks email address, which will scan the email and add total charge to your expenses.

Cons

It can take some time to set up effective rules based on your expenditures, and sometimes the automatic scanning doesn't work perfectly, which requires some manual intervention when scanning receipts, etc.

Quickbooks, good in my book!

Have used several online apps to handle our business and Quickbooks is one that we liked the most. It made the accounting part go smoother and didn't have to wait to invoice clients or to pay the bills.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use especially for our small business. The ease of adding invoices for the accounting department made business so much better.

Cons

When doing payroll, it would lock up sometimes and I would have to close the program and re-open which could make it very frustrating at the end of the pay period.

Can’t downgrade

I have had frustrating year with my bank which caused frozen accounts, new card issued. QBO locks your account the moment the billing card does not work. Some functionality has to be done when using a pc not a tablet so I am on the road for a day with no access to my Quickbooks because they locked me out. Facebook , google ad words and other tools I use let me keep working for 30 days.

Pros

Accessibility is the real plus. I can do estimates etc on the go on my phone etc.

Cons

I initially took the package with inventory but ultimately decided that I didn’t need it. Well you can’t doengrade. If you cancel and order the new one you lose all your history.

QuickBooks

QuickBooks I find to be a great asset to my business however not without it's problems. I'm not sure if there are better options as I have never tried other software. QuickBooks still has some work to do in order to be a flawless software.

Pros

My favourite part of the software is the payroll. I like being able to create pay cheques with the ease of use that QuickBooks privides as well as paying liabilities with the click of a button.

Cons

There are alot of things about the software that I am not a fan of. Some entries need the taxes adjusted to the and when needing to change the taxes manually when entering tickets, the software should be able to calculate the rest of the ticket automatically. Instead, I have to manually figure out the subtotal and then enter the tax adjustment. It's very time consuming. Also, every time there is an update, there are new bugs that pop up which means hours on the phone with customer service.

Quickbooks; a solopreneur best friend

I actually preferred the desk top version, but it gets expensive to keep buying new versions since the don’t send updates. Online you get all the updates automatically

Pros

Ease of use , customization , branding of my business

Cons

Can’t think of any at the moment . Better customer support is not available unless you pay for it

Great! Mobile and allows my staff to access anywhere, anytime.

Pros

Mobility and easy-to-use! We have several locations and the freedom to login wherever and see our numbers is great!

Cons

Not as customizable as desktop, but still very powerful. Invoices are preset templates and you can't drag and drop columns and boxes.

Great for Multi-Office Business

Pros

We use QuickBooks Online as a way to manage the finances of our business which has multiple partners who live in different places across the state. Everyone has access to the same info anytime they need it. This also makes it easy for our Accountant to have access as well. Same features as the desktop version - easier for all of us to use.

Cons

Until a recent update switching between checks and printing those same checks was a little clunky. Keep the updates coming.

A must-have for any business!!!

Pros

I love quickbooks online! I mostly use it to send retainer invoices to all of my clients and I also have my bank account linked so I can keep track all of my business expenses so I am prepared when tax time comes. I also love the fact that I can access my account online that way I can use both my desktop computer and laptop when I travel. Definitely a must-have for any business!

Cons

The only con may be the costly monthly fee but other than that I love QB Online!

As an accountant, I have worked with various Accounting software; Quick Books is the easiest.

Quick Books made the business I was working for run more efficiently because it saved us lots of time. Each person was able to book their expenses, sales, or other revenues with ease.

Pros

Quick Books is very user friendly for every feature they provide. There is minimal accounting experience that is needed, just basic business knowledge is necessary, and the software takes care of the rest!

Cons

When your business does continue to grow and becomes large, Quick Books does not handle the specialized niche you may enter in.

QB Online is Junk

My clients are trying to find ways to run their businesses, and that's great. The trouble is that QB Online isn't a substitute for an accountant, even though it gives the impression that it can do everything. 9 times out of 10 it just creates a hot mess that ends up taking longer to untangle than if it was just done right in the first place.

Pros

It's online? You can use it from anywhere allegedly?

Cons

Nothing works all that well. It's slower and more irritating than the desktop software. I dread working on clients who use QB Online. It's seriously easier to just key in the bank statements in the desktop software and run parallel books.

We definitely appreciate your business, and your feedback regarding using the app. We'd like to offer some steps to help fix the latency issue. (https://tinyurl.com/yx6h8ezh) If you're still facing the issue after following those steps please don't hesitate to reach out to us to help take a look into this with you (https://tinyurl.com/2p9dakty) Wishing you the best. -Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

Excellent

Pros

This software is easy to use and a good way to keep track of finances. It is helpful for small business to keep track of where the money is going without having to hire an accountant.

Cons

Takes a while to learn and grasp the software. It can be confusing at times, but once you have it down it makes a lot easier to use.

Software muito completo

Pros

Simplesmente um software completo com opção de importação de dados bancários, emissão de nota fiscal, anexo de comprovantes, geração de relatórios, uso tanto no pc como mobile...

Cons

Limite limitado de usuários por plano e a não migração de recursos do plano autônomo para pequenas empresas

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

Review of Quickbooks Online

Pros

I like that the software is accessible at any time and on any device since it is online. That saves me time as i can use the Quickbooks Online when I need to and not only when I am at the office.

Cons

For myself there are features that I do not need however I still pay for those features.

Quickbooks

Overall still pretty good

Pros

Loved the options for the pricing features

Cons

set up. tech department left me on hold and closed for the day

Desktop is more user friendly

I am very use to QuickBooks desktop and its features. There are a lot of similarities and that is what I like about QuickBooks online. The ease of access and I can work from home.

Pros

Can access it anywhere and so can my coworkers and boss. Find feature is excellent. I can work from home or get to a computer to assist my boss.

Cons

The financial reporting feature is cumbersome. My boss always asks me to run reports for her because she finds it difficult and confusing. Feel that new features / changes are geared toward millennials instead of common sense.

Gets the Job Done

I generally like it and the customer service team is normally very helpful

Pros

It has a lot of features and categorizes a lot of the information to use

Cons

You have to use it for some time and really take your time getting to know the interface and software to make use of a lot of the functions and data it provides

Accounting for Small Business

Pros

This software is very Friendly and easy to use. It is good for Invoicing, tracking your employees hours and expenses. The Apple apple is very easy to use and you can do pretty much everything from you phone as well.

Cons

I am a 2nd administrator , but for some reason just my accounting and the owner of the company can edit the RECONCILIATION that I did myself. Every time that I need to fix an reconciliation I need to contact my accounting. There is not set up on my profile that allows me to do this. I wish Quickbooks would have more specific permissions setup .

Quickbooks User for 4 years

Pros

The cloud based software is very user friendly. All my sales and expenses can be reviewed on the fly anywhere i have internet access. It is very useful when creating invoices for clients and emailing them out before the client has even left my establishment.

Cons

I have no real dislikes regarding this software.

Book keeping made easy.

The benefits are. 1. It improves on record keeping. 2. It has improved on my reporting timeline. 3. It has helped on analysis of company's performance.

Pros

1. The customer care agents are readily available to support clients. 2. It is cheap and readily available. 3. It is easy to use and understand with less effort. 4. It has user friendly graphics.

Cons

1. At times have tendecies of hanging when posting entries. 2. It is slow when loading. 3. It has tendecies of posting entries twice for example when trying to post a transaction and it fails and when we try to post, it tends to post it twice. 4. It is highly affected by slow network

Makes tracking finances easy

Pros

Ordering inventory is simple and helps make keeping track of inventory easy. Taking payments from patients has gone without any issues.

Cons

There seems to be superfluous content that made inventory option lists excessive because they cannot be removed.

It's awesome to hear that you've had great success with using QuickBooks, Matthew. Helping you easily keep track of your inventory and other business related tasks is what we strive for. We encourage you to check out the Community and QuickBooks Blog as both are fantastic resources for the latest updates made within the product. QuickBooks Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Community: https://community.intuit.com/ Wishing you a great business year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Quickbooks

Pros

Easy to use- simplicity of the software easy to set up

Cons

banking info logs out frequently and have to reenter banking info

We know that managing a business can be hectic at times, so we wanted to provide the tools to get this done as easily as possible. It's great knowing you found this to be true with QuickBooks, Tiffany! You may want to try resetting the browser cache to keep the system from logging out the banking credentials. This article provides the necessary steps: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-do-I-clear-my-browser-cache-and-temporary-Internet-files/m-p/186420. We appreciate you sharing your review. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Useful and productive!

Pros

Our company has benefited from this product for the past couple month of use. So far, we have not run into significant issues and appreciate the ease of reading the expense reports!

Cons

We have had sceneries where the program has stopped working at times but not enough to find the product not useful!

Hello there, Nicole! It's wonderful that QuickBooks Online has been working so well for your small business. If you ever need assistance with your account or have questions, please feel free to reach out through the 'Help(?)' icon > 'Contact Us' within your accunt, and we'd be more than happy to help you out by phone or chat. Stay awesome! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team