Quickbooks Online Logo

Quickbooks Online

Small business accounting software

Quickbooks Online Reviews - Page 97

5,458 reviews

Customer service and functionality mediocre

Pros

Fair price for the product, good accounting software for small business, and I like that it’s online can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

Customer support is random. Quality of the person on the other end is really a wide range. The voicemail prompts are a labyrinth. I’m supposed to have priority support and the first question they ask when you call the priority number is do you want to buy additional product. When you call support you’re not shopping for new product. Plus you can’t get the report data that you need in a lot of circumstances.

Online QB is an attractive option

I was looking for a seamless bookkeeping method to integrate with TurboTax. This doesn't. Too bad because they were offering attractive discounts and real, live bookkeepers - a nice idea since the past QB options left me confused and frustrated.

Pros

I am impressed by the option to have real bookkeeper support with this product. Excellent idea.

Cons

Unfortunately, to integrate seamlessly with TurboTax, the desktop version is required. Too bad. That was a deal-killer for me.

Good and simple

We were disorganized. It helped us clean up and stay on top.

Pros

The ease of set up. We were a mess and now we have cleaned up and able to stay on top of our business.

Cons

App linkages can break without notification. This causes sync issues. Once you find the issue it can be an easy fix.

Hey there, Danielle. Organization is key when it comes to business management. We're excited to hear you've been able to easily straighten up your company's financial data with QuickBooks! We recommend checking out the Community if you ever need a helping hand. Here, you can find a variety of detailed articles and guidance from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

I've never liked an quickbooks products

Hate it. Will never use it.

Pros

None. The products are never as user friendly as they indicate.

Cons

Everything. If it takes an affiliate to set up the software for a customer to use effectively, it's too complicated or not what the market needs.

Hi, Nicole. We hate to hear you're not finding using QBO easy to use. It's important that we get you the best methods to reach support if you have any questions. You can find all the methods to reach us at: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/quickbooks-online-support/L6WqNrDq0_US_en_US. Wishing you all the best! -Kristina

QuickBooks Review

Pros

Set up easily to have all financials in one place

Cons

Entering the financial data is time consuming

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to share this review, Daniel. I'm glad set-up is easy, so I'll ensure data entry is too. Since you're a fan of having everything in one place, I encourage you to check out the Resource Center. It's the central hub of tips and tricks, so I'll link two articles below that are hosted there. They outline steps for automating your workflow: 1. https://quickbooks.intuit.com/r/tech-review/use-quickbooks-zapier-automate-business/ 2. https://quickbooks.intuit.com/r/productivity/automate-business-2016-essential-apps-small-businesses/. With the info above by your side, I'm confident your financial input will never have been faster! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

QuickBooks Online

Overall it’s expensive for our needs. I like the desktop version better

Pros

The ease of collaboration with clients and colleagues.

Cons

It’s glitchy here and there and it’s not as robust as the desktop version I think. I still like the desktop version better.

Does everything I can think of.

Pros

The best thing I can say about QuickBooks Online is that I have never needed it to do something that it doesn't have a function to do.

Cons

While it does everything I need it to do sometimes the process to do it is a little clunky. The UI can be a little confusing at times with things in weird spots.

Love QuickBooks Online

Pros

I like this product because it can be accessed anywhere. It makes invoicing easy to do. I can accept all forms of payment for the mobile sight.

Online book of accounting

Easy and quick setup

Pros

Importing excel for bulk invoice generation

Cons

Reconciling and printing invoices is cumbersome

Quickbooks tracking chaos.

It has been very good so far, allows quick and easy transfer of financial information to CPA and lenders.

Pros

Able to daily input and track multiple streams of income and outflows, to successfully manage my practice.

Cons

If prefer the ability to have on site in case of disasters or other events that would disrupt my business.

I like the concept, needs some polishing.

Pros

We switched over to this software because we were able to pay our employees different pay rates based on what type of job they were completing. It's definitely provided that for us, and some features are quite intuitive. One bonus is the credit card processing is quite less expensive on this software than the previous software we were using. I've switched my husband's sole proprietorship over to Quickbooks as well, as I appreciated the reconciling accounts setup.

Cons

It's still quite glitchy I find - little things, like not being able to change the date reoccurring invoices are sent, pages reloading (to the wrong page), etc. I also feel like they could improve on the response time of their customer service.

Simple way to keep track of expenses

Pros

I love how easy it is to use from my phone. The mobile app is as robust as the desktop version. I never worry about forgetting to gather a receipt from lunch or on the go. I simply snap a picture on my phone, upload, and organize. Another brilliant feature is managing different bank accounts. With the custom filters and syncing it makes sending my expenditures to my accountant a breeze.

Cons

I think the estimated tax feature could be a little more detailed in its instructions. You know the date is coming, however signing up to electronically process estimated tax payments isn't a simple process - not Quickbooks fault!

Great Program!

Pros

Love this program, it really helps me manage my accounting, and run the reports that I need. I am surprised - but it even lets me pay employees through the program.

Cons

I don't really have any cons, this program is extremely helpful! I love the fact that I can invoice customers too!

Great for small business management

It has helped take a load off running a small business, especially at tax time.

Pros

I use Quickbooks because it integrates directly with my Etsy store and makes it much easier to track all expenses related to my store. The best feature for me is the ability to scan receipts, and also forward invoice emails to a specific Quickbooks email address, which will scan the email and add total charge to your expenses.

Cons

It can take some time to set up effective rules based on your expenditures, and sometimes the automatic scanning doesn't work perfectly, which requires some manual intervention when scanning receipts, etc.

Quickbooks, good in my book!

Have used several online apps to handle our business and Quickbooks is one that we liked the most. It made the accounting part go smoother and didn't have to wait to invoice clients or to pay the bills.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use especially for our small business. The ease of adding invoices for the accounting department made business so much better.

Cons

When doing payroll, it would lock up sometimes and I would have to close the program and re-open which could make it very frustrating at the end of the pay period.

Can’t downgrade

I have had frustrating year with my bank which caused frozen accounts, new card issued. QBO locks your account the moment the billing card does not work. Some functionality has to be done when using a pc not a tablet so I am on the road for a day with no access to my Quickbooks because they locked me out. Facebook , google ad words and other tools I use let me keep working for 30 days.

Pros

Accessibility is the real plus. I can do estimates etc on the go on my phone etc.

Cons

I initially took the package with inventory but ultimately decided that I didn’t need it. Well you can’t doengrade. If you cancel and order the new one you lose all your history.

QuickBooks

QuickBooks I find to be a great asset to my business however not without it's problems. I'm not sure if there are better options as I have never tried other software. QuickBooks still has some work to do in order to be a flawless software.

Pros

My favourite part of the software is the payroll. I like being able to create pay cheques with the ease of use that QuickBooks privides as well as paying liabilities with the click of a button.

Cons

There are alot of things about the software that I am not a fan of. Some entries need the taxes adjusted to the and when needing to change the taxes manually when entering tickets, the software should be able to calculate the rest of the ticket automatically. Instead, I have to manually figure out the subtotal and then enter the tax adjustment. It's very time consuming. Also, every time there is an update, there are new bugs that pop up which means hours on the phone with customer service.

Quickbooks; a solopreneur best friend

I actually preferred the desk top version, but it gets expensive to keep buying new versions since the don’t send updates. Online you get all the updates automatically

Pros

Ease of use , customization , branding of my business

Cons

Can’t think of any at the moment . Better customer support is not available unless you pay for it

Great! Mobile and allows my staff to access anywhere, anytime.

Pros

Mobility and easy-to-use! We have several locations and the freedom to login wherever and see our numbers is great!

Cons

Not as customizable as desktop, but still very powerful. Invoices are preset templates and you can't drag and drop columns and boxes.

Great for Multi-Office Business

Pros

We use QuickBooks Online as a way to manage the finances of our business which has multiple partners who live in different places across the state. Everyone has access to the same info anytime they need it. This also makes it easy for our Accountant to have access as well. Same features as the desktop version - easier for all of us to use.

Cons

Until a recent update switching between checks and printing those same checks was a little clunky. Keep the updates coming.

A must-have for any business!!!

Pros

I love quickbooks online! I mostly use it to send retainer invoices to all of my clients and I also have my bank account linked so I can keep track all of my business expenses so I am prepared when tax time comes. I also love the fact that I can access my account online that way I can use both my desktop computer and laptop when I travel. Definitely a must-have for any business!

Cons

The only con may be the costly monthly fee but other than that I love QB Online!

As an accountant, I have worked with various Accounting software; Quick Books is the easiest.

Quick Books made the business I was working for run more efficiently because it saved us lots of time. Each person was able to book their expenses, sales, or other revenues with ease.

Pros

Quick Books is very user friendly for every feature they provide. There is minimal accounting experience that is needed, just basic business knowledge is necessary, and the software takes care of the rest!

Cons

When your business does continue to grow and becomes large, Quick Books does not handle the specialized niche you may enter in.

QB Online is Junk

My clients are trying to find ways to run their businesses, and that's great. The trouble is that QB Online isn't a substitute for an accountant, even though it gives the impression that it can do everything. 9 times out of 10 it just creates a hot mess that ends up taking longer to untangle than if it was just done right in the first place.

Pros

It's online? You can use it from anywhere allegedly?

Cons

Nothing works all that well. It's slower and more irritating than the desktop software. I dread working on clients who use QB Online. It's seriously easier to just key in the bank statements in the desktop software and run parallel books.

We definitely appreciate your business, and your feedback regarding using the app. We'd like to offer some steps to help fix the latency issue. (https://tinyurl.com/yx6h8ezh) If you're still facing the issue after following those steps please don't hesitate to reach out to us to help take a look into this with you (https://tinyurl.com/2p9dakty) Wishing you the best. -Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

Best for making online and print invoices for small businesses

My overall experience remains great because it is very easy to use. Anyone can learn it within a month and start working on it.

Pros

Quickbooks Online is very easy to use. You can make invoice on it and send to the customer on email very easily. You have to manage one time information in it. After that you have to add only price and vat. You can extract customer data as a pdf file as well. I really adore the payroll option because it is so simple to use and update.

Cons

Cons of Quickbook Online are that the error correction for postings is very hard. Matching unused payments is also very typical. And its expensive as well.

Excellent

Pros

This software is easy to use and a good way to keep track of finances. It is helpful for small business to keep track of where the money is going without having to hire an accountant.

Cons

Takes a while to learn and grasp the software. It can be confusing at times, but once you have it down it makes a lot easier to use.