Quicken Reviews

Quicken

Brings all your accounts together in one place

Quicken Gets the Job Done

Pros

As both the owner and manager of my rental properties, Quicken fits all of my business needs. One thing I especially like about Quicken is the quality of the reports that I am able to generate.

Cons

While Quicken is great, I wish it had a feature that would allow me to be able to log on to a web-based version so I could make simultaneous updates with my assistant manager.

Have used this for years!

tax reporting is MUCH easier with the reports Reconciling bank accounts is very easy

Pros

customer service is excellent. Easy to use and set up Easy to work with and set up reports Works well with any type of business

Cons

One of my banks isn't supported and cannot be uploaded. This has been VERY frustrating. The bank is in the list but the "business" banking of the same bank isn't supported. Since I use business banking most, this has been difficult, as I have to enter everything manually.

Quicken - A lifesaver

Wish it were a bit cheaper overall but very much worth the investment nonetheless.

Pros

I tend to accumulate financial accounts and Quicken is a lifesaver for helping me keep everything organized - not missing payments, tracking spending and income trends, etc. The latest updates do a better job of downloading data consistently from my accounts.

Cons

I wish they had not gone to a subscription model - the yearly renewal process is more cumbersome and expensive.

Solid recommendation for Quicken.

Used it for the past few years. Cannot live without it.

Pros

Solid functionality. Ease of use. Nice reporting.

Cons

Great, simple, easy to use accounting package allowing me to easily do end of year taxes

Pros

Easy to use Memorizes transactions Easily download transactions from banks and credit card companies Easy to print end of year report for doing taxes Easy to customize reports Easy to "FIND" transactions Great way to reconcile monthly credit card and bank statements

Cons

They changed their pricing, so now you have to pay for an annual subscription, but still worth it! Connecting with credit card banks could be a little simpler.

Great product- great price

I would recommend this software and have to my friends with rental homes.

Pros

I use this product for the ability to prepare my taxes. The price is worth not having to take them to an accountant to prepare. Everything populates where it needs to go in Turbo Tax and walks you right through everything without a worry. I dont use all of the features it has - but may in the future

Cons

Ive had to purchase this software twice after my computer failed. It was not compatible with my new laptop.

Its a simple software to use

We can now manage the rental properties of our organization more easily

Pros

Fits and collects the crucial details of tenant thereby eliminating the need of maintaining the information in physical form Suitable for use mostly by SMEs

Cons

The product information is not readily available and for a new user wishing to acquire the product may find it hard to obtain the crucial data concerning the software

Easiest Finance Program

Been using for several years.

Pros

Easy to use and update. It has been a life-saver for many years and makes it easy for tax purposes and bookkeeping.

Cons

Perhaps the only con I have is the need to update yearly and the cost of the update. Seems updates should be free and perhaps major changes might be a increase in cost. Updating annually is required to stay up to date. Miss a few updates and you run the risk of it not being able to update.

Quicken 2018 release is the worst software ever!

Someone had best get control of the QA of the software. I would really hate to see this product die after all these years.

Pros

It used to be easy to use and very helpful. It can track your personal bills as well as track rental expenses.

Cons

Extremely buggy. Features that used to work are broken or just removed entirely. There used to be a cool interface showing what bills were coming up - that's been removed and replaced with a simple list. Linking to bill accounts just blows up the whole program and it crashes. Some of the totals don't appear to update when you make changes. All of this, and they've changed to a subscription model, so you can still pay full price, but just receive a year's worth of buggy mess.

Quicken and updates errors

Like the software overall.

Pros

I have been using Quicken for almost 2 years. The ease of the reporting and categorizing the expenses is very easy to do. The resultant reports for tax purposes is great.

Cons

Until a month ago everything was good. Now I cannot get my bank account to sync with Quicken. I have performed all the troubleshooting recommendations with no success. Each time i deactivate an account I have to wait two days before I can see if this function worked. Two weeks and no success. Also, Quicken tells me that the error is not my banks issue but Quickens.

Use it for personal investment tracking

Would like it to integrate directly with QB if not all brokerage firms are available for downloading statements. Otherwise, great for regular money matters.

Pros

That it allows me to track all my transactions in several of my investment accounts. the links to all the major brokerage firms is very convenient.

Cons

That many brokerage firms that are not listed for automatic transactions makes it tedious to manually enter them. Often times this make for data entry errors.

Great for personal finances

This is a really good program for personal finances and makes check reconciliation very easy.

Pros

Very easy to use and good tracking abilities and easy to create and read reports. It connects to your bank so it is very easy to reconcile your accounts.

Cons

I pretty much like everything about this program for personal finances. It is really easy to track spending and see where your money is going.

Quicken is a great tool to keep track of my finances!

Pros

I use Quicken both for personal use, and as part of our budget for a grant that I work on. Quicken really helps me to see how much cashflow I have coming in, what my monthly expenditures are, and what's left over. The analytical tools help me look at how I can improve for the next month, and where our team at work can continue to save money as we move forward with our projects.

Cons

Sometimes Quicken takes a while to load for some reason, although this could be a computer issue rather than an issue with the software.

Quicken Deluxe review

Pros

I am familiar with it. It is realatively easy to use. It works all the time.

Cons

It costs a bit to start, and I could not return to the Deluxe after using the property management module. The property management module does not work for me.

Longtime user of Quicken

Poweful accounting software with a very strong reputation.

Pros

Quicken has been around for a very long time and stands as a reputable data/budgeting software. it has great ability to output onto various formats which I like

Cons

Not easy to use, and can be somewhat proprietary. I find the user interface not as seamless as I would like however since I've been using it for so long, I've gotten accustomed to its user design

I have used this program since it came out. Now, today, it is a mess. My software is locked up, items missing from my ledger and this will cause me to spend hours re-creating my data.

Pros

Before now, I would say I like everything about it. I could always count on it to perform as it should and it was updated in a responsible way. this time, I checked to allow upgrade and everything went haywire. And, right at a time when I counted on it to perform as it always had.

Cons

It is no longer reliable. Was I in shock when I opened Quicken to find out that it had been down-graded in stead of upgraded. I had to work 15 hours to get figures re-entered for a report due this evening. As I said it is no longer reliable. I called a contact listed on computer for Quicken repair. Needless to say, I did not have it done!

Quicken is the best software to manage your money, create budgets, manage your rental properties.

I was able to get out of debt using their budget features and keep track of all my bank transactions.

Pros

I used to be very bad with my money, my father told me that Quicken would help me create a budget, follow it and save some money. I was able to get out of debt using it. If you have rental properties you will be able to manage them all. I like that you can download transactions from your bank, pay your bills and even keep track of your investments.

Cons

Quicken has been around for like 30 years but it seems like there are many bugs, specially downloading transactions, I don't know if it's related to my banks or quicken's. the good thing is that Quicken's customer support is really good.

Keep it simple or be better

I am not a fan of the new set up of the software. I am not looking to track my personal expenses with my apartment building expenses. I just want Quicken for property management with no added bells and whistles.

Pros

When I started using this software about 15 years ago it was like a glorified spreadsheet and it was amazing! Then they wanted to start adding bells and whistles and it did not work as well.

Cons

I stopped using it for a few years bouncing around to look for something better for the price and now I am back and have yet to find a good alternative.

Quicken

It has helped us very much in the long run over the years to be able to keep an eye on our money.

Pros

It is a great program to use to track everything we do and compare to the bank statements. Nice to be able to find items and categorize as well.

Cons

There aren't a lot of things I don't like, I am not an expert in it, but most the things I have done have been pretty easy.

Excellent program for rental properties

Pros

I love how easy it is to setup accounts. Create great statements for tenants and landlord. It's excellent with managing your personal finaces.

Cons

Software should have been able to create a data base also. The program should have been designed were you just purchase other than have a 2 year subscription.

Makes everyday finances a snap.

I wouldn't track my finances with anything else. I have been using this since the early 90's

Pros

It keeps all my financial records in one place. If you can write a check and use a check register you can use this software

Cons

There is very little to dislike. It doesn't work well for other than simple business finances. If it isn't powerful enough there is always QuickBooks.

What Quicken Does For Me!

Pros

This program is fit for the beginner as well as for the advanced user. I've been using Quicken for over 20 years. Upgrades have meshed flawlessly. I recently purchased the Rental Property upgrade and it fits our needs quite well.

Cons

I would like to have someone available to answer quick questions, on the phone.

Good for tracking spending and creating budgets

Pros

This software helps me to keep track of my finances and make plans for the future. I like the graphs that allow me to visualize my income streams and speanding habits.

Cons

Creating new categories to track spending can be tedious at times. It often categorizes some of my most common transactions and I have to reassign the category.

Quicken is good for home financial management

Pros

Quicken is easy to use and has a good amount of funtions to see where you are financially are at any given time.

Cons

The automatic import function needs to be updated and re-vamped. Today's users want to have automatic importing of their account transactions into one place. Quicken requires you to login and use a password every time.

Quicken rental property

What I wanted it to do was keep ledgers of individual tenants. So, I returned to regular quicken.

Pros

I did not like it.

Cons

Could not keep ledgers for apartments and or tenants.