Quicken Reviews

Quicken

Brings all your accounts together in one place

Issues Start when the New Years Software is for sale

Don't buy Quicken unless you want to have to buy it every year.

Pros

Cons

I start to have issues with my Quicken EVERY YEAR when the new software is for sale - almost forcing you to buy the new software - which I have done in the past - but this year I am just going to use it to the end of the year and then go to another software. I am tired of being forced to buy updated software - when the old software fit my needs.

Quicken Home and Business 2018

When it worked, my finances were clear, I maintained a budget and knew where all my money was going.

Pros

The organizational abilities and reporting abilities are great. So many great features for home users and as well as for small business users.

Cons

Unfortunately, all the awesomeness of the features is outweighed by the fact the program doesn't work most of the time. Auto downloads constantly fail, accounts don't update, balances are constantly wrong. Really hard to get a handle on your finances this way. Not sure what happened, because up until about 2016 I had never had any issues with the software, then all of the sudden it began and has only gotten worse. It's practically unusable at this point for me at least. Very sad....

You office organizer

My overall experience with Quicken was good organization and helpful software. If we adhere to this software, we will form great habits to stay organized.

Pros

This soft ware help you organize and maintain your business records in one location.

Cons

It's not as user friendly to me at first but once you use it often, you seem to know the routine about how to use it more.

This product does not deliver as advertised

I'll give an example downloading my 401k comes with 6 placeholders and an incorrect amount. 2 phone calls to support and over an hour time not a single person can explain why they occurred and how to resolve in order to reconcile the true amount. Another example, when setting up an asset... say something as simple as your house! It's advertised to coordinate and track your mortgage for your net worth...

Pros

simple checking and savings accounts seem to work but then you could spend a lot less for the basic quicken

Cons

Everything I can think of..... if your looking for a product that works with your financial institutions.... this is not it. anything with even a remote amount of complexity like investments rental property mortgage details do not work. Its all wrong

Quicken

Quicken is the default standard for accounting. They should adhere to the three "click" no more than three clicks to get to anything. The software has a great number of capabilities that the average user will never use. I actually prefer the older versions which were easier to use

Top Notch - Couldn't be happier

The product covers everything. Allows you to account for everything you need. Features are efficient and lets you quickly record transactions and see the financial information to control your business decisions.

Pros

Ease, Efficient, Quick to see info

Cons

Like everything

Once was great. Has turned to crap.

The data migration has been a train wreck. I back-up a file, open another, then cannot reopen the first file--the backup cannot be found. The online product has been incapable of retaining a password. Every time I have signed in, I have to create a new password. This time I tried all my old passwords. None worked. Now I am locked out of MY OWN DATA! Please somebody refer me to another product!

Pros

It used to be great.

Cons

Has turned to crap

Easy software

Good value

Pros

Easy to navigate. Even a beginner would find it easy to use.

Cons

Wish that the menu's were a little more detailed. Sometimes it can be hard to navigate

Great Software for Smaller Property Management

I love all things Quicken, and the rental property manager is no exception. Very effective for those who only dabble in rental properties as opposed to those massive property management companies. Accounts for everything I need in keeping track of the properties.

Cons

Quicken is fine for individuals

Pros

This program is really designed for individuals. The function for tracking investments works very well.

Cons

It really isn't designed for small businesses. Reports are not as easy to get at detaining income and expenses.

This program is nice for keeping track of home finances

It's fairly cheap and a good program for home.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use for folks with no accounting experience. You can track home expenditures easily and keep track of spending.

Cons

Unless you buy the Deluxe version, you can pretty much keep track of your expense through Microsoft programs like Excel. It may not be worth it to some people.

Really needs a word processor that imports information. Into forms for landlord tenant use.

Pros

It is very easy to use after setup and familiarization with the operating system. Reports are easily defined and customized

Cons

It really needs a word processor that imports tenant data into forms commonly used by a landlord in dealing with rental units.

IT Director

Pros

Consumer friendly, easy to set up and start using, lots of training available

Cons

Updates required every couple of years, look and feel changed last update, functions moved

Quicken is great!

Pros

Quicken meets all of my business needs. As a rental property manager, it has robust infrastructure for rental property accounting and management.

Cons

Quicken does not have an option for online use that would allow for real-time editing with multiple users. Because I have business partners, it would be great if we could both log on and work at the same time. Right now, we have to make edits and send files back and forth.

work s well

overall very pleased with learning curve all functions work with ease

Pros

fair enough easy to understand. intuitive as learning

Cons

no reason to complain. all seem good. working great

It was great!

Pros

Easy to use. I was impressed by the array of functions and the easy use of the short cut keys. My parents always used this product and I see why. This has been a great tool for keeping things organized and stay on top of financial needs

Cons

There is nothing that I like the least. This software is very handy and I promote everyone to use this software. I feel if it were cheaper more people would use it.

HORRIBLE

Stay away from Quicken

Pros

Cons

There are no other products out there! HELP Biggest issue is that nothing works consistently It is a poorly designed, Horrible product Horrible customer support, Avoid quicken at ALL costs. I would use an excel spreadsheet before I would use Quicken And they don't CARE!

Quicken for Mac 2018 Subscription

I spend far less time on Quicken 2018 for Mac than I did on my 2016 version for Windows. Its much more efficient for me to use.

Pros

Love the new interface and no more updating. So far this has meant far less trouble shooting as well. It seems a lot faster as well.

Cons

I wish they had multi-currency reports and the reports they have aren't as complete as the 2016 version I had before. I like a report that compares month on month by category, which the new version doesn't have. Please add back!

Quicken

Missing International Integration. Overall a nice product as long as you do not live outside the US.

Pros

Working well in the US. Complete solution

Cons

Missing the international Integration

Tough to navigate, not many features

Pros

Quicken used to be my go-to for spending tracking and how I could balance out my budgets while in college. They had great ways of measuring metrics in different ways (i,e. how much you spent in a specific category, tag, etc).

Cons

It's gotten worse since the 2016 edition. The software keeps freezing, and adding transactions to balance them with your online accounts doesn't always work out the way you want it to. I would suggest switching over to Mint.com if you want a similar, less complex platform.

I use it every day and have had no negative experiences with it

Pros

Very user friendly and reliable. A great tool to infuse into your business.

Cons

No complaints so far. It has done everything that I need for our business and I use it every day.

Useful

Pros

I like the functionality of this software. It's fairly intuitive and easy to use with a not-so-steep learning curve.

Cons

I've had some sync problems at times using my local credit union. The costumer support is very responsive and dedicated, but haven't actually always solved these problems right away.

Quicken Deluxe version great for individuals and small organizations

I've been using Quick Deluxe for about 7 years now for personal financial management and I have also started using it to manage the finances of my son's scout group. Read the version descriptions carefully to make sure you're not paying for features that don't apply to your financial situation. You may feel that it may take too long to read the documentation or do any online tutorials, but once you have Quicken set up correctly you will be pleased. I also use the tax planning features and integrate it with Turbo Tax. One doesn't need an accounting background to use this product and my household finances are not that complicated, but the reports are helpful and really helps with creating and managing a budget.

Pros

ease of use and integration with Turbo Tax

Cons

Sometimes your connections to financial institutions need to be reset.

Quicken 2017

Quicken 2017 for Mac is an improvement to the user interface and features, but it still lacks important investment analytis functionality.

Pros

Clean user interface

Cons

Lack of detailed investment reports

Quicken Review

I really like this software and all it's features for accounting and reporting purposes.

Pros

I use this software for all my personal finances - organizing all my bills, investment tracking and budgeting.

Cons

My biggest complaint is the customer service is not as responsive as it should be.