Reckon One Logo

Reckon One

All small and medium-sized businesses.

Reckon One Reviews - Page 2

SK

Shirley K.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

A well designed, well supported and reasonably priced platform

Pros

I have been using Reckon One for payroll only and submission to Single Touch Payroll. The monthly fee is down to $12 per month which reflects the functionality that I use and reasonably paid for. Reckon One recently upgraded its application to meet the needs of the 2nd phase of the STP requirements. This upgrade further enhanced the interface and improved user experience. The telephone support team has nothing to fault. Every staff is so nice, patient, and knowledgeable. They can answer every technical question I asked so far.

Cons

Nothing for now, as I only chose to use the Payroll and STP submission function.

HE

Helen E.

Building Materials, 1-10 employees

Reckon Hosted

I have finally got on to Reckon Help line and got one of our businesses back to being able to open after leaving it to my accountant to do. After going being forced to go from Desktop to Hosted there was one company I could not open. I was so angry on multiple fronts and still don't like paying subscriptions - I like to buy an item and not have to pay every year. That was just one thing I put in the too hard basket.

Pros

The ability to see open invoices to track unpaid accounts. Invoicing is very easy and has multiple items that you can set up a template to suit your needs.

Cons

The payroll management is difficult to work with, especially with the STP Phase 2 rollout.

DF

Don F.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Reckon One

Pros

The customer service was kind courteous, and willing to help when asked. The business development arm is however unreachable and has been since the first day of the trial. If you need someone from business development, dont hold your breath. Still waiting for them to contact us regarding other matters. I just find it odd that so attentive a customer service would be coupled with a business development team that cant be bothered with furnishing a response to an inquiry.

Cons

Business development team is difficult to contact. Multiple calls to customer service, reckon trunkline, etc, have yielded still no response from them. This may not necessarily affect you and is no indication of how great the platform is. I just find it frustrating that communication at that level is not up to par with the rest of the platform and service.

JC

John C.

Simple, flexible software

Good. Very happy.

Pros

The software is simple flexible and forgiving. I am a 30 year plus chartered accountant veteran. Reckon was one of the first to provide point, click and it would take you to the transaction or produce a report, it was intuitive, even for someone without too many IT skills or a small amount of accounting knowledge. These guys are the small It company providing service at levels above the mega IT accounting firms. Its personable, something unique in our changing world.

Cons

Its a "Con" and or also a "Pro" depending on your position ..... the system has not had a major overhaul in a long time ..... it looks a little dated.

CM

Cheryl M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Happy customer

As we are a new and growing business, Reckon One has given us really good reports to show our profits and were we can improve our sales.

Pros

Reckon One is very easy to use software, setting up payroll, customers etc has follow your nose instructions. Setting up rules for bank transactions has made processing transactions a breeze.

Cons

Some of the instruction videos could be improved and kept upto date.

Civil Engineering, self-employed

Good software for point-of-sale businesses; less use for consulting

I liked Reckon One and would have stayed with it if I could have had a few more features relevant for consulting type businesses.

Pros

Easy to get the hang of even for someone with zero accounting background, like myself. Decent simple, intuitive features (mostly). Great dashboard.

Cons

The feature set is aimed at point-of-sale and online retail type businesses. As a consultant with a micro-business, my accounting needs are not great, but they are more complex than Reckon One could handle. I was going to need to purchase one of the top tier versions of Reckon just to do the few simple extras that I required.

LB

Linda B.

How Reckon One meets all our Business requirements and is great value

Cost effective business tool. Only pay for what you need. Sensational reporting options.

Pros

Simple to use on a daily basis meeting all our business needs and ATO compliance.

Cons

Need a Superannuation integration with clearinghouse to upload Super from Reckon payroll.

PH

Peter H.

Accounting, self-employed

My review of Reckon One

My experience with Reckon One has been extremely good.

Pros

I found it very easy to use particularly with having bank downloads and the ease of assigning correct income or expenses to each transaction.

Cons

I don't think there was anything about Reckon One that I found very difficult to use.

RB

Roland B.

Business Supplies and Equipment, self-employed

Reckon works to keep you working.

I have never used any of the other programs but there was one that a previous company was using and I could hear the ladies using it and cursing when they came across the things that program couldn't do. When starting this company, my accountant asked if there was any reason I had not to use Reckon. There was not and he loaded me up onto Reckon as he said it is the most forgiving and easiest of all the systems to use. I have had other companies suggest that I should use this or that program. Interestingly, I see they have now moved away from those programs so they were not all they were made out to be.

Pros

I have used Reckon now for 18 years and am just changing over to the new Hosted cloud based system to allow easy access for my external accountant and book-keeper

Cons

Slight lag by being on the cloud. I don't like the way that when I log on, it comes to a page that I need to select 1 or 2 before I get started.

AB

Ange B.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reckon

Is a great software

Pros

It was quite easy to use and the reports are great. So easy to see who you have paid and who has paid you.Gst returns so easy. Payroll was good to

Cons

Sometimes hard to payday file. Paying employees had to do manually

HW

Henry W.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent Packaged Software for SMB Accounting

Over support (online and with a technician) has been execellent. The Data migration process to move from prior accounting package is execellent

Pros

With Module based options depending on your business needs and the overall simplicity of using the software make this an excellent SMB package

Cons

Currently doesnt include a inventory system for managing stock

RS

Rakesh S.

Hassel free software

Single touch payroll

Pros

Service. Any problem they help and fix

Cons

We use STP only and have no problem in the usage

RM

Rob M.

Wholesale, self-employed

director

ok

Pros

invoicing and accounting is what i use it for

Cons

the price and that i cannot go to a smaller version

RS

Roy S.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

Management Access correction

Generally we have very few issues and occasionally we "lose" our access. Support and technicians are very good for offshore service providers.

Pros

After learning the program it does what we need

Cons

Some quirkiness with management of reports but generally it is good to work with for our purposes.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Accurate and reliable

It was a great app or system since I use it for Billing of invoice, sending statement of accounts to our clients, receiving payments and reports. It is very useful for those with small businesses. All the tasks for accounting is in Reckon One.

Pros

Reckon One is the system I use wayback when I was in New Zealand, it is my first time using the system and I can say that I can easily cope up with the functionality.

Cons

I am not sure If I am the only one experience the glitch of the system if you click too fast, but I believe they already update the system so hopefully no more glitch.

DP

Daniel P.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Customer support is amazing, helped me with all my questions.

Pros

A very easy to use app that helps make my company compliant with the ATO tax rules.

Cons

The change over from STP phase 1 to Phase 2

They did try

I really wanted Reckon one to shake up the market but all they did was shake up the user. I have been really disappointed with the performance (or lack of) with Reckon One. Their servers were slow making it painfully slow to try to use this software. I couldn't find repeating invoicing, or several other basics. They were full of hope and promises but just failed to deliver.

Pros

It did look cheap until you add up the cost of each module, then you realise, it's not cheap at all.

Cons

It's very late to market and decades behind the competition. It takes a lot of time and money to compete with the big boys and sadly this isn't something thatReckon One has. It has very little basic functionality and sadly, very little prospect of developing even the basics, any time soon. It's not nice to use, it's clunky and awkward and just frustrates me.

WS

Wayne S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

New Financial Year

Pros

The ease of setting up catergories such as assets, liabilties etc

Cons

Some reports are not that easy to find For example when looking for and company an amount - those sort of searches

PL

Patrick L.

Entertainment, self-employed

Email failure

Good for all help except emails they could never get my emails working properly

Pros

Very easy to use except for the emails never worked

Cons

I have been having trouble with sending emailing invoices. Work ones but never could make it work. Call help but know one could fix problem. Tried three different emails and all tree failed to send emails and reckons always said it was the email provider and contacted all of them and told me it wasn’t so not very happy about that. If someone can help me it’ll be great

SB

Steven B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Book keeping for beginners

Over the years the system has been very helpful doing my book keeping and the ease of sending information to my accountant.

Pros

The program reminded me of my bank statements which I found easier to use. The financial reports were detailed and easy to create.

Cons

I found it difficult to transfer data from my bank accounts into QuickBooks . This meant It was more time consuming to transfer data.

MP

Mark P.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reckon One. A program you can bank on!

I've been a Reckon One user since 1994 and I wouldn't use anything else!

Pros

Reckon One is simple to use, accurate and reliable. I trust it to do all my cashflow, superannuation and financial planning.

Cons

I don't have any cons. I like everything about

wh

willa h.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Best choice of accounting software

It is the most cost-effective accounting software! Perfect for small business owner. Easy to read and show, immediate customer service team, cheaper than Xero, user-friendlier than MYOB.

Pros

Affordable, easy to learn, user-friendly surface, love BAS function in Tax.

Cons

1. I hope I could group process some functions, for example accepting bank transactions in banking.2. It’s not user friendly in mobile devices, but if this will rise the cost, then I can live without it.

SL

Sheryl L.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Outstanding system

Brilliant and very easy for a novice user to operate and navigate

Pros

Ease of use and excellent technical support

Cons

The customer list not able to choose a letter and it goes quickly to that letter and customer

En

Erica n.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great Accounting Solution for small businesses

Pros

I would say affordability then ease of use. Since my business is still growing I had to switch to this product from another one and I haven't regretted. Invoicing has never been easier.

Cons

I am yet to see anything I don't like about this product

VK

Violet K.

Dairy, 1-10 employees

Good choice

Been using this for a very long time. Not interested in changing

Pros

That you are able to pre enter bills that need to be met

Cons

There is none that I have issues with reckon one