Sage Business Cloud Accounting Reviews

4.1/5 (159 reviews)

Adam Scott

Great customer service powerful product. undoing mistakes / and editing can be counter intuative

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Despite its steep learning curve and being a bit of a faff on to set up - this saves me hours ever single week now that the system is fully implemented.

Pros
The ability to see finances on one dashboard and report producing capabilities. I was especially impressed by how helpful the call centre staff were.

Cons
The online help leaves much to be desired, it is written using technical language that accounting professionals would be familiar with but is either confusing (or at worst meaningless) to the average sole trader user. I would improve this by making articles based on particular scenrios ie - 'You have invoiced a customer but now they have cancelled the order - Heres what to do' - 'You have returned part of a supplier order for a partial refund - here is what to do' etc

richard dobell

slick and easy to use software

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Pros
Allows me to see, within a few clicks, everyone that owes me money, and everyone I owe money to. Simple reporting for profit and loss and year end tax reports

Cons
Can't think of any right now. I'm a one-man-band, and this does exactly what I need it to do... Possibly, bring the self-assessment form more into line with there HMRC website requirements, this would make life a bit easier and quicker for end of year reporting

Obumneme Odoh

Logically Designed

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Pros
The accounting package works very fine. Its design is logical and intuitive and its quite easy to set up.

Cons
Poor customer service. They do not respond. They do not provide a straight answer. Overall it is a good software

Leigh Lockwood

Take that, Quick Books!

Reviewed 2018-10-25

Learned it quickly, learn it more all the time, never been intimidated, never had it crash, it's really been a breeze.

Pros
Sage is great. It does what I need it to do, doesn't take a class to understand it. It is so user friendly. I think it is some of the most straight forward yet in depth software on the market. You can be computer illiterate and understand Sage in a week and yet it isn't like a dumbed down program. It is universal and I like that.

Cons
I have only one complaint about Sage. Some of the copy and paste functions cannot be used for some reason. It isn't just in one area, it is random. If that is the only bad thing I have to say.....that's better than most.

Karin Carruthers

It's made my financials, more interesting and easier to understand, so much more to get from it.

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Greater understanding of the company's financial situation

Pros
The number of reports and access to detail from within the reports just makes looking at the data very interesting.

Cons
The videos at the home page are distracting, A simple static image would suffice, this is the only things that irritate me and I rush to get past that section... small thing but you did ask!

Michelle Sasso

Good Accounting Software

Reviewed 2018-12-12

Pros
This accounting software is really good and provides detail information. Once you get familiarized with the system it gets easier to use.

Cons
I think this software is not intended for beginners. I think the software is very specialized ideal for bookkeepers or accountants.

Sandra Pratt

Nightmare that should have ended!

Reviewed 2019-04-10
Review Source: Software Advice

You do not get what you pay for....best have a computer guy on hand!

Pros
not much...maybe you don't have to wait as long as you do with telus for them to answer

Cons
We have used sage since it was called simply accounting. I attended courses and have always managed to keep the system going. We started having this problem about 7 years ago.. Unable to email invoices. Customers get frustrated and several people messaging the company to let us know our system has a flaw. We have had several several hours on the phone with sage trying to get this corrected! No luck

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Jacqui Rouse

Easy to use, great service.

Reviewed 2015-07-06

I have been using Sage for a number of years, back when it was still Simply Accounting. It is easy to use, generates great reports, and is helpful for tracking an audit trail. I've also had to use their customer support team when dealing with a corrupt file. The service was fast, efficient, and friendly. For some of my clients, I also have to use QuickBooks. It is also easy to use; however, there are some very “dangerous” accounting loopholes that the software allows you to do, making your accountant’s job very difficult during an audit. Sage is definitely my number on recommendation for accounting software.

Pros
Easy to use, great customer support.

Cons
It could use an updated image.

Heather Sinclair

Sage one is a dream to use.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

easy to use concise software

Pros
Accessible anywhere any time. Very easy to operate. The appearance of the screens is great and very easy to read.

Cons
The only thing I can think of is the reports - our finance convenor has advised that they don't really suit our requirements

Omikka Cummings

Great!

Reviewed 2019-05-07

I'd recommend, but maybe the desktop version. The cloud based version can be a little frustrating.

Pros
I love the ease of use of this software. Nothing complicated about maneuvering through to find reports I need.

Cons
Because it's cloud based, there are times when it crashes.

Agneta Wejland

Sage Accounting doesn't offer flexibility

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-11-15

Pros
I used Sage package for 20+ years in previous roles and found them hard to deal with in the past but for I do not know how they expect to deal with small businesses. It was better you had a dealer in between.

Cons
It doesn't offer the flexibility for small businesses that do not fit the norm and their customer support is poor.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Karen Bailey

As someone for whom maths and number related work is something of a challenge, Sage is a real help!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-02-06

Pros
Sage is very easy to use and there is excellent support when you get stuck on anything. Provided you input the information correctly, you can rely on Sage to churn out the correct information as you need it, with just a few clicks. It has really taken a weight of my mind in terms of dealing with the financial aspects of the business. I would recommend it to anyone with a small business.

Cons
The fact that it does not know when you have put the wrong information in! I honestly can't think of anything that I do not like apart from the inability to spot human error - and it even does that sometimes. This is a real quality product.

Dennis Maina

It is my favourite accounting management software in the market

Reviewed 2018-05-15

Having up to date and accurate financial reports that can be generated from the software easily and anytime they are required.

Pros
This software enables the organisation to keep track of their financial and cash overflow, and in turn make cognisant and accurate financial decisions. Applicable to businesses dealing with logistics and supply activities

Cons
It may require initial training to a small enterprise that does not have employees with accounting background

Deanne Ward

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Pros
Bank reconciliations and import are easy to do. Looking up any information is quick and simple as well.

Cons
Downloading information could be better. In some areas, the results of a search are displayed, but cannot be downloaded. This would be useful as a csv to import to Excel etc.

Dustin Gagne

Not for mobile

Reviewed 2019-04-02

It is pretty good just make sure itis setup properly from the get go

Pros
Links your cloud accounting with your bookeepers sage 50. If she/he is oldshcool and like working off spreadsheets and u want it on a cloud its real good.

Cons
Doesn’t work on any tablet I tried IPad and fire tablet and the short listing of products isnon functional making it useless for mobile. Also unable to print receipts for payments on multiple invoices is really annoying.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Koos de Beer

The Best Accounting and Costing Tool Ever.

Reviewed 2012-08-27

I have been using Pastel Accounting and Pastel Payroll for the past 5 years. I have no training in Accounting practices and always had to rely on my Bookkeeper to advice and help me. Since I stumbled across Pastel My Business Online I am doing my own thing without help from anybody. The software is user friendly and written in a language that everybody understands.It allows me to make mistakes and the opportunity to rectify it without writing journal after journal. No debtors and creditors, you work with customers and suppliers - what is easier than that. When my Bookkeeper requested my documents for tax purposes I just gave them access to my system and within one hour they had all the info they need. BIG SAVING ON ACCOUNTANTS FEES. The biggest benefit for me as a small business owner is that I am in control of my cash flow everyday. NO SURPRISES AT THE END OF THE MONTH. My stock is no longer a headache because Pastel Control it for me. I don't know how I managed without Pastel My Business Online. I will use nothing else ever again. Regards.

Anonymous

Accounting for small businesses

Reviewed 2018-11-16

We use it for inventory, sales, purchases. It is easy to use once you have gotten used to it.

Pros
It is consistent and easy to use. Helps keep track of your transactions.

Cons
It doesn't import transactions on pay-pal.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Gordon Tulloch

I've had 2 other programmes for my bookwork but this one is by far the best with no contest

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Pros
I like that my accountant can log in to my account and get what ever information she requires. The ease of use, the way it is all set out is very intuitive. The help that is available is excellent

Cons
there's nothing really that I dislike about it apart from the cost as I am only a small business but I suppose you get what you pay for and this feels like a very well thought out bit of kit

Jackie Holland

The software has reduced time spent on accounts

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Cuts down on time spent on accounting. I feel confident that everything is secure and held in one place.

Pros
The link to the bank account and being able to download transactions. The support is very good and they are quick to respond to emails.

Cons
Don't understand how to use the invoices and have yet posted a journal. Not being able to search by description or amount in the report. Online chat support is very busy

Adonis Saluta

Online accounting for small business!

Reviewed 2018-06-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Sage One offers accounting and payroll system online for small business company. Sage One if very easy to use and process are straight-forward. By the time we are evaluating and implementing the system, Sage One team are very helpful and supportive.

Cons
Sage One if a good accounting software, make sure to collaborate with your partner and discuss your full requirement.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Joseph Laurino

Don't Purchase Sage 50 C US

Reviewed 2020-01-21
Review Source: Software Advice

DO NOT purchase this product unless you have hours to spend setting usernames and passwords. Save yourself time and energy, pick another program.

Pros
Reporting and accounting functions are good and easy to understand

Cons
The IT portion of this program is very poor. The software is very difficult to manage and adding users to the program is just about impossible. It is unfortunate that a really good accounting program has such poor IT functionality on the back end. Customer support is very poor. You wait for HOURS on the phone for support and when the technician is stuck, they elevate you to level 2 and you must wait again...for hours.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Marc Brunelle

Answers my needs but would like more integration

Reviewed 2018-12-21

Pros
Used here in Canada by a lot a small accounting firms, it's versatile enough for my needs.

Cons
Would like an app for Android to do the day to day stuff. The interface looks dated compared to it's compétition.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Patrick Daly

Very good and easy to understand and if you do have a problem help line is very helpful.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Every benefits that any account would need to do their accounts.

Pros
Very good for accounting reports and it let you know if you made an error or mistake. I would recommend this Software to other Treasurers and accountants.

Sue Delo

Easy to understand and to use.

Reviewed 2018-02-04

Everything is worked out for you. Especially now we have to provide pension contributions.

Pros
Everything is worked out for you. The wages is something I have to do but have no training so find this is easy for me to work with.

CHENXING ZHAO

Best accounting software for recent years

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-07-19

My overall experience is good with sage accounting because this is the first software I used when I was in University. I found it is very easy to use and I can use this software to better manage my clients books and financial statements.

Pros
Sage helps people with no or little accounting experience to finish their accounting jobs easily. It also helps accountant to have best connection with client because clients know what they should enter into the software and exchange information with their accountant effectively.

Cons
People still find its difficult to do entries or do everything correct. In the future the accounting software might connect with the cloud to upload invoices and computer will able to scan and put things to the right account.