Sage Business Cloud Accounting Reviews

4.1/5 (160 reviews)

Pros
  • Sage accounting software is widely known
  • Works well on my mobile devices - no software to install
  • You are able to use it anywhere as long as you have an internet
  • I love it's ability to automate the functions like reconcilliations.
Cons
  • Payroll isn't available to do web based.
  • The reports that you can execute are limited
  • Sage accounting software support i snot the greatest.
  • Complains from users at my workplace of their customer support
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
CHENXING ZHAO

Best accounting software for recent years

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-07-19

My overall experience is good with sage accounting because this is the first software I used when I was in University. I found it is very easy to use and I can use this software to better manage my clients books and financial statements.

Pros
Sage helps people with no or little accounting experience to finish their accounting jobs easily. It also helps accountant to have best connection with client because clients know what they should enter into the software and exchange information with their accountant effectively.

Cons
People still find its difficult to do entries or do everything correct. In the future the accounting software might connect with the cloud to upload invoices and computer will able to scan and put things to the right account.

Prakash Pabari

I am using accounting software for a long time but Sage One is easy to use and understand.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

I did all the entering of accounting entries so saved on accounting fees.

Pros
Well laid out accounting sections and great help facility Easy to enter Invoices Credit note. excellent credit control facility.

Sage Accounting Review

Reviewed 2019-01-15

Great but these people need to be on toes in responding to queries from clients

Pros
Easy to comprehend even for a person with basics in accounting I can monitor and track cashflow with ease, preparing payrolls is also a great feature. Filing returns is not complicated with sage

Cons
Complains from users at my workplace of their customer support

Mandisi Quwe

Reviewed 2019-06-09

easy to understand and use.

Pros
I'm no accountant but I had to learn how to do my own books because I run a small tutoring business and I needed something that could meet my needs and a friend recommended this software . I tried just about every freeware that I came across but this one just worked from the get go. I also like the fact that I can work from anywhere and plus it's affordable.

Cons
There's nothing that I don't like about this software because it works, I love it.

Janice B

Sage Accounting excellent choice

Reviewed 2015-07-06

I use Sage for my bookkeeping business. I have been using the accounting package (in various versions) since 1995. I recommend Sage to all my new clients, even trying to recruit other bookkeeping program users to Sage, because it is so easy to import other programs into Sage. I find it easy to use, easy to get reports, and excellent for looking up and making adjustments.

Pros
In Sage you can pin the customer or vendors name, this is invaluable to me. I do a lot of data entering using the same vendor's name, sometimes hundreds of times, this makes entering so much faster when you don't have to keep tying in the name.

Cons
At this time I can not think of any. I have made mention to Sage about improvements I would like to see and they have already made the improvements.

Sage, The Epitom of Accounting

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-16

Tracking my expenses was hectic. However, now with Sage Business Cloud Accounting, I am able to track and even cut down on expenses.

Pros
I love it's ability to automate the functions like reconcilliations.

Cons
The fact that it is effective only when linked to the internet was a bit of a downer.

Sara Lamb

Sage is NOT User Friendly

Reviewed 2018-11-27
Review Source: Software Advice

I would not recommend Sage 50 to anyone.

Pros
They have made attempts to improve Sage's programs by offering Sage Cloud & Paya. If you can figure out how to use this program, you may find some of its features helpful.

Cons
This product is not easy to install or operate. I spent countless hours waiting for a representative to help me install, update, or troubleshoot issues we've had. It is hard to find data and is very behind the times.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Vince York

The #First for SME's - Pastel My Business Online

Reviewed 2012-10-23

This Pastel My Business Online is definitely the best user friendly most cost effective comprehensive online package for nearly all Small Businesses or individuals anywhere. Even includes 'Fixed Assets Register" apart from 'Income Statement' or 'Assets and Liabilities' Balance Sheet, Customers Statements and Supplier with inventory controls ! It is virtually instant, and reports so professionally that I have even moved many of my clients from conventional stand-alone packages to this online version with excellent satisfaction and maximum cost saving, with hassle free IT and no backup requirement - simply logon to the internet. Africa has improved low cost broadband where even rural entities and individuals, no longer only those in Metropolitan areas can now quickly set themselves up and "talk the same language" as their bank managers. In short, Pastel My Business Online is always there for you!

Judy Wanyeki

We are currently using Sage at my workplace

Reviewed 2018-05-15

Pros
Rich and robust software that allows for customization to best fit your business needs. Allows for multi-user access which make it very reliable. Automated making the interaction between operations, sales and accounting to be seamless and efficient.

Cons
Function-wise the software is solid but i feel more can be done on its customer support documentation and forums as some issues have never been resolved due to poor support.

Jasmine Lee

Has security, space, processes, and organization

Reviewed 2019-03-12

We have better tracking of invoices, vendors, transaction changes, banking, etc. We also do not have to have a remote desktop in order to access our accounting books. We had to with Quickbooks and that took a huge part of our time.

Pros
It meets literally all of our needs. We need a software that can help us manage more, track more, and do more.

Cons
It doesn't have to do with this software, but moving from Quickbooks to Sage was quite a process. Worth it though.

Ros Case

For someone who is not trained in payroll this program and support provided makes payroll do-able

Reviewed 2018-02-05

To be able to run payroll with minimal knowledge and at minimal expense

Pros
Easy and quick to use or review and support always helpful and provides resolution the updates mean users do not have to worry their payroll is running on current HMRC ruling and employees can be confident tax,ni & pension info is up to date

Cons
pressing the incorrect key when you have several pages open can occasionally kick you out of the program so you have to sign in again

Janene Bodmann

Reviewed 2019-05-10

The software has helped me keep control of accounting in a small business in an effective efficient way, specially being cloud software. So being at the office or at home to catch up on work has never been an issue.

Pros
Great software for handling clients account information from Quoting, Invoicing, payment tracking. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to use this software. Everything is under one roof.

Cons
Data capturing has to be done carefully. Sometimes the program encounters errors that aren't easy to overcome. The Internet connection needs to be stable.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Lucia Raffaini

Great all round product.

Reviewed 2018-02-06

Ease of use and quick administration of the payroll

Pros
Relatively easy to use with a good support network. Very pleased that I can speak to someone if necessary and find that they are always very helpful and knowledgeable. I prefer to deal with a person than use the help pages.

Cons
Sometimes not so easy to navigate the help pages - I cannot always find the information required. However I do prefer to speak to a person.

Paco Anguita

The best billing tool

Reviewed 2017-11-16

With this tool, I can do billing in a simple way

Pros
Its a very strong tool for billing. You can manage customers and suppliers and you have all kind of facilities to make invoices. By using the API, you can connect your own software with the aplication.

Cons
Although it is a very complete software there are quite things you can't do with it, like assign a payment to multiple suppliers.

veronica clarke

easy straightforward system

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Pros
The basic system itself is straightforward easy to use and ideally suited to my needs. All templates required for invoices receipts etc are easy to find and set up.

Cons
sometimes I feel that certain questions i have are not fully answered on the FAQ or help page. I am not 100% confident on bookkeeping but I have basic skills but some things need a bit more information.

Anonymous

Business Cloud Account from Sage gives you all your business information at your finger tips

Reviewed 2019-04-28

Pros
This cloud accounting solution has helped our clients very much with checking their financial information . The system is user friendly and at any given time from anywhere as long as there is an internet connection one can check all their financial information.

Cons
Sometimes there are problems with clients getting invoices but this is less often.

Andre van der Merwe

Sage review

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-07-22

Pros
Everything is there what you need to run a small business by just using sage

Cons
It took for ever to startup I eventually gave up and tried a other app/website

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Lizelle da Costa

Big Essential for a small Business

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Customer invoicing and quoting tracking

Pros
Tracking of expenses, Customer payments and invoicing. Generating quotations and keeping track of it

Cons
Editing of Documents can be easier and user friendly. No software editing for mac users - had to purchase a Windows PC to download the add-on module. a help page online will be helpfull. Automatic monthly payments will be great

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Roy Primmer

Unresolved Intermittent Services

Reviewed 2020-01-28

last 3 weeks has been problematic without resolve and their Coms has been Absent

Pros
Sage accounting software is widely known

Cons
Sage accounting software support i snot the greatest.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Sage One - should be called Sage Plus

Reviewed 2015-07-06

The software is easy to use, it works well, the only down fall is that you can't process payroll on it. It would be so much easier if we could use it to process payroll. As a small business owner and a bookkeeper - this Web based application is great - integrates with Sage 50 quite easily. I like that I don't have to install any more software onto my computer that bogs it down and makes it sluggish - Cloud stuff is great.

Pros
Works well on my mobile devices - no software to install

Cons
Payroll isn't available to do web based.

Graham Ward

Overall I'm very satisfied with Sage One and have been using it now for over 5 years.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

The assurance of reliability.

Pros
I particular like and impressed with the level of 24/7 customer support. It's very useful to know there is a friendly and knowledgeable person available on call to help.

Cons
I would like to facility of being able to delete some payments and deductions settings that I no longer use. At the moment this is not possible once they've been used in a previous pay run.

Vincent Dow

This is not the most intricate of services but it does work very well and is easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-03-26

Pros
The price of the system is great for the quality of services. Can get the app on Android and iOS. The versions are cloud based so one can gain access from anywhere.

Cons
There is no Payroll so you will have to find payroll capabilities from somewhere else. This software will not be great for use in larger companies due to lacking features.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Janine Armstrong

Easy to use, always help on hand when needed!

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Pros
SageOne is very easy to use. It takes you through the process in simple steps (so you cannot miss anything). Anytime I have ever needed assistance, the staff are always on hand, and happy to help. I have never had any problems with SageOne!

Cons
Perhaps an email prompt a couple of days before any deadlines would be helpful, but overall I am a very happy customer!

Azita Tavanaiepour

Cloud

Reviewed 2019-02-06

Pros
You are able to use it anywhere as long as you have an internet

Cons
The reports that you can execute are limited

Lauren Maggi

Great Software, Easy to Use!

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Pros
SageOne is a software that is very easy to use. I like that you can produce reports that let you see the information that you need. It's nice to be able to access SageOne from anywhere on any device.

Cons
I dislike that sometimes the system can crash, and in order to find out what the problem is it costs you money.