Sage One - U.S. Reviews

Sage One - U.S. Reviews

4.4/5 (73 reviews)
29,216

Paul Southernwood

A solid accounts package. Many useful features allowing simple accounting for small businesses.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

It is relatively intuitive for people with only a basic knowledge of business accounting. It allows easy manipulation of accounting data and you are able to provide periodical reports which means you always know the state of your companies finances. It can be accessed from anywhere and at any time and allows you to restrict certain users to particular areas. You are able to give your accountant a direct log in to your accounts which makes annual tax accounting very quick and simple. Sage One can be tied to your bank accounts so that all items that pass through your accounts can be automatically uploaded into sage saving lots of time on entering data. VAT filing and reports can be done instantly and sent directly to HMRC. Can also be used directly with Sage Payroll meaning all information from payroll is automatically added to Sage One accounts.

Alan Herbert

Possibly the best accounting software we've ever used

Reviewed 2017-11-09

Using Sage One allowed us to combine our Accounts and Payroll systems into one. It makes it easy to manage our accounts from any location and on any device. It also removed the worry of backing up and securing our accounts records.The fact that Sage One is cloud based, is probably the best feature. No more endless backups and annoying updates to perform. Everything is taken care of and the support team are amazing. It's also simple to grant access to your Accountant, who can then do whatever that need to when it's your year end etc. A very clear interface provides an overview of your current situation and makes it easy for you to do your everyday tasks like entering and raising invoices, or checking who owes you money. You can easily produces account statements and everything can be emailed straight to your customers, so far less physical paperwork.

Terry Livesey

A very simple online accounting system

Reviewed 2017-11-06

The ability to connect my bank accounts is great and a real time saver.The fact that this is online and can be accessed from any device is a real pleasure. It means as a sole trader that I can enter receipts while I'm on the go or at home when I have a spare few minutes. I know sage was late to the party for online accounting systems but they have managed to make a simple system and one that starts cheaper than the competitors. The second main feature for me was the ability to automatically connect to my bank accounts and match my transactions as this saves no end of time and is all included in the monthly price. They also have a feature which allows you download your transaction in a CSV file as well, if you wanted to move them to another system.

Karen Nelson

Almost has 100% of what we need as a growing business

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Compliance, ability to integrate different aspects of financial company data.User-friendly interface. Good dashboard view. Collaboration with external agencies - HMRC, our accountant & book-keeper. Functionality has increased alongside our needs as a growing business. Cost-effective Excellent customer support

Kevin Dow

Sage One has become am essential part of my business and I would recommend it to anyone

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Ease of use. I have basic accounting training but, by using the help pages, I have managed to run my business without the expense of accountants. VAT returns are just a press of a button and all information is easily found if needed. The package has grown ( at no extra cost) and the stock control and invoicing side has much improved.

James Aylett

We've used SageOne Accounting (and it's predecessor) for many years - love it!

Reviewed 2018-02-02

We find it does what it says it does. It's very flexible, not only because of Cloud access, but in terms of products, sales invoicing and reporting. The addition of integration of PayRoll has saved us both time and money.

Andrew Gill

Sage has made a big improvement on managing our accounts

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Improved recording of accounts and better organisation of data. Ability to generate reports and forecasts.As a small business this has helped us to manage our both payroll and accounts. The initial motivator to look at online packages was for auto-enrolment. Having used the accounting package as well it's helped us to organise our accounts better and it is a lot easier to get information and reports from it. The technical support either via self help, web chat and telephone is excellent. I've made a few mistakes initially and these were easily resolved with support line help.

Dave Davis

The Best Accounting Software For Non-Accountants

Reviewed 2017-02-23

As someone who is more interested in running my business than getting kinky with red tape, Sage one was the best of all the accounting packages for me. Automated VAT returns as well as bank feeds were my two big requirements and Sage One fulfilled this perfectly. That it doesn't have a mobile app is an absolute travesty but that none of it's competitors with the same feature set do either means I'm sticking with it for now. As soon as another accounting software company comes along with Bank Feeds, Automated VAT returns (for Ireland without a hack) and a mobile app for receipts (currently, I use receipt bank with Sage), then I'll switch. Easy to use. Irish VAT returns. Missing features are mostly filled with third party integrations.

Bev Love

Straightforward and easy to use, for someone who has no business accounting knowledge.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Straightforward and easy to use. Was very quick and easy to set-up, get customers on and get invoices sent out. Easy to use and understandable. Produces reports that allow you to quickly see the information you need. Easy and quick to create and send invoices out. Like the fact I can access it from anywhere and on any device.

Charmaine Briscoe

Reliable software

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Well-known and respected company. VAT Return module is easy to use and works well. Inclusive updates are much better than old year end routines.

Paul Rushworth

Fantastic

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Easy to use, available 24 hour a day, makes difficult tasks easy. When i took over the payroll, I was amazed how easy it was using Sage. It has saved me a lot of time and money and made me more confident.

Robert Hall

Has given me more time to run my Business.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Love how the invoicing facility makes my business even more professional. Like the way my accountant can just log on whenever they need to, without having to provide them with lots of books and paperwork.

Dawn Buxbaum

The only one we've been using for years!

Reviewed 2017-08-08

All of the modules are connected.It is very easy to use. Most modules are linked to be able to see things in a real time view. Best of all, it links with TimberScan.

Milli Burton

Good for Money

Reviewed 2018-01-30

It's simple and easy to use. Maintenance is always pre-warned and is usually done when the system won't be used (midnight).

Caroline Thomas-Asante

Reliable software and exceptional customer support

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Customer support is excellent with knowledgeable and helpful staff. Attractive screens and easy to understand

Frank Wamakonjio

I find it very easy to use and navigate through the menus

Reviewed 2017-09-20

Ability to respond quicker to client and supplier needs through easy way of turning one document in to the next process e.g. Quotation to Invoice to a customer etc.- Ease of use - Little or no accounting knowledge required to use Sage - Very friendly GUI - Availability of Mobile App ensures I can use it on the go very efficiently

Brenna Needham

Overall easy software to use

Reviewed 2018-01-16

It's easy to use. Even for beginners. I have used it for several modules and when training It was easy to understand

SUE churchill

SAGE ONE EASY TO USE AND MANAGE

Reviewed 2018-01-30

MAKES MY LIFE EASIEREASY TO USE, YOU DONT HAVE TO BE AN ACCOUNTS WIZ TO USE IT, IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE CAN BE EASIELY FIXED. YOU BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THE SET UP QUITE QUICKLY. IF YOUR NOT SURE THERE IS ALWAYS HELP AVAILABLE

Susan Cruz

Sage is the absolute worst company when it comes to poor customer service and deceptive business practices.

Reviewed 2018-02-13
Review Source: Software Advice

The accounting package works reasonably well. It is fairly logical and intuitive. It is fairly easy to set up.

Chris Marshall

Makes looking after the business accounts very easy and straightforward.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Has made my life easier, and made dealing with the accounts and invoicing less stressful and slightly more enjoyable!!Quick and easy to set-up and get going on. Quick to send out invoices and add new customers. Can quickly see who owes what and who we owe money to. Facility to send out statements is great - and can get statements sent out in seconds.

Adam Scott

Great customer service powerful product. undoing mistakes / and editing can be counter intuative

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Despite its steep learning curve and being a bit of a faff on to set up - this saves me hours ever single week now that the system is fully implemented.The ability to see finances on one dashboard and report producing capabilities. I was especially impressed by how helpful the call centre staff were.

richard dobell

slick and easy to use software

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Allows me to see, within a few clicks, everyone that owes me money, and everyone I owe money to. Simple reporting for profit and loss and year end tax reports

Jason Ding

Terribly put together

Reviewed 2017-05-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Makes accounting data "cloud" accessible. Can be useful for certain professions and industries depending on your use.

Prakash Pabari

I am using accounting software for a long time but Sage One is easy to use and understand.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

I did all the entering of accounting entries so saved on accounting fees.Well laid out accounting sections and great help facility Easy to enter Invoices Credit note. excellent credit control facility.

Danielle Buesink

Good for basic accounting.

Reviewed 2017-08-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Fairly easy to use and navigate. Good reporting features. Clean and simple dashboard. Connecting to your bank option is very helpful.