Spendesk Reviews

4.83/5 (64 reviews)

Nicholas Neubauer

Best Tool for Consolidating Company Spending

Reviewed 2019-07-10

Pros
Spendesk has been invaluable in making it easy and straight forward to make company purchases. Setting up purchases is quick and painless, and if managed correctly easy to track all of your spending and invoices.

Cons
Would maybe like an option to create a department card which can be used multiple times but still has the limits and tracking capabilities, but which doesn't fall under the subscription use case.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Nicholas for your nice review on our product! And be sure that we took your feedback concerning department card into account. Have a nice day.

Great solution

Reviewed 2018-11-30

Pros
Easy way to manage all the payments, you can change your cards like a pro.

Cons
Sometimes I need to change the amount credit allowed in a card, but once it's created, you can't change it.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your review.

Vlad Zloteanu

Great help for managing your work receipts

Reviewed 2018-12-25

Pros
- expense cards for recurring payments - OCR to recognise receipts - configurable approval workflows (with auto-approval if under specified amount) - VAT support - mobile app - visibility on back payments

Cons
- not enough visibility with spending per per category / missing analytics dashboard

Response from Spendesk

Dear Vlad, thank you for your kind review!

Amazing software!

Reviewed 2019-09-23

With Spendesk we are able to speed up the organization process of our business trips. Everything is way faster with Spendesk!

Pros
It's extremely easy to use, no time to waste. Spendesk can help a company to increase its effectiveness.

Cons
Be able to do different payments with a temporary Virtual Credit Card.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your great review!

Holli Barrett

Instant, quick and easy to use

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-06-24

adhoc I need to use the company card to buy tickets for events etc. Spendesk makes it hassle free

Pros
- The speed of funds being ready to spend on my card after making my request and it being authorised. - Not being reliant on company card holder being in the office to use the company card

Cons
I haven't experienced any issues with spendesk so far

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Holli for your super nice review. We are glad to help you better manage your spending. Have a nice day :)

Catherine La Branche-Chabot

Drivy - Catherine La Branche-Chabo

Reviewed 2016-07-21

Use both online card and plastic card. Both are very useful to me. It allows me to stop using the usual Business MasterCard.

Pros
Super easy to use, save us a lot of time, hurray for the copy-paste option! Just really convenient to clic on a button when I've reached the limit of spending.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Catherine for spending time on giving us this great review!

Megan Holland

The simplest way to expense!

Reviewed 2019-05-14

Great!

Pros
The app on this and the way you can instantly upload the receipts make this so much easier! Better than complicated spreadsheets and weeks of waiting before, Spendesk makes it so easy

Cons
Only con is that my card doesn't have contactless but I understand the new cards do.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Megan for your amazing review. And yes, the contactless card are coming...stay tuned!

André Carvalho

Surprisingly helpful and efficient

Reviewed 2019-03-28

Spendesk allowed WeTek to manage all the paperwork related to its employees T&E, using a more efficient and correct approach. We've also improved the flexibility regarding one-off online purchases and regular subscriptions. Expenses management became simpler and its platform is very intuitive. A very good experience and I would definitely recommend it.

Pros
Automatic supplier identification and the ability to invoice the amount of documents uploaded. The user reminder feature is very useful, as well as its reports.

Cons
It would be interesting to be able to select the expiration date of the issued credit cards. Also, physical credit cards should somehow enforce company spending policies.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you André for your amazing review! We're really glad to help you and all teams at WeTek dealing with spending management.

Alena Torgonskaya

Spendesk using review

Reviewed 2016-07-21

We pay almost each day with Spendesk our invoices, purchases etc. It is really easy to use, it provide a hight level of security for our purchases. Very reactive support team is always here to resolve, explain the issues and questions. Really very good experience of using Spendesk!

Pros
I like that it allows us to do secure purchases without fear to loose our money.

Cons
It is user-friendly and easy to use.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Alena for taking the time to make this great review!

Joshua Navarrete Guizar

Forget updloading receipts, just take a pic

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-11-27

Simplicity with a potential to be too good to be true

Pros
As a sales manager, I travel all the time, and a week of tickets can be a real pain to upload on any platform regardless of its friendlyness. What I love about spendesk is that you just got to take a picture of the payment, by the time you receive the printed ticked you usually have received the nofitifcation in your mobile. The next level would be to just forget the receipts.

Cons
I need a defult for my expenses, as they usually revolve around the same possibilities, so that whenever i had to change anything, i could just modify the default option.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Joshua for your very interesting review. We will take into account your needs to improve your use of Spendesk!

Timothee Vilmin

accountant point of view

Reviewed 2016-07-21

note: can't tell about "value for money". I use spendesk mainly as an accountant, sometimes as administrator or requester.

Pros
From an accountant point of view, it allows very easy follow-up for expenses and a great overview of missing receipts. On classic accounts statements, you have few or no information about the expenses. Since our credit card was used by and for different departments in our company, it required me a lot of time to follow expenses and identify for what and for who the expense was. Very painful! Spendesk completely solved this problem.

Cons
Honestly I don't see real cons as far as it goes. It's more about new features which would be great to be implemented.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Timothee for your nice review!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Alexis Leplat

Heroes Belgium Review

Reviewed 2019-05-24

Pros
The fact that a physical card becomes useless and that I can delegate payments and bookings to team members whilst keeping the control over the costs

Cons
The few times the generated card doesn’t work

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your nice review Alexis. Sorry to here that you are facing issues with your card generator. Your account manager will get back to you shortly!

Celine Villet

My easy Life with Spendesk

Reviewed 2016-07-21

With employees of 13 different time zones, manage their needs and expenses were a puzzle.. and 3D Secure, sending SMS to our CEO who wasn't necessarily available to transmit me the codes ... I was pulling hair. Now the life became easy

Pros
automated management, delegation and approval by setting dedicated team.

Cons
Some websites, not much, doesn't accept virtual card

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Céline for your time and your review!

Bosko Kovacevic

Easy to use and great for keeping track of invoices

Reviewed 2019-03-26

Pros
There is no need to hand out real CC details all over the internet and the reminders about uploading receipts are very useful.

Cons
There is nothing I don't like about spendesk to be honest, it does what it's mean to do.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Bosko for your amazing review. We are really happy to help you on a daily basis!

Ollie Duthie

Reviewed 2019-08-02

Pros
It's great to make purchases and ideal that I need not use my own card for online payments

Cons
There was an issue with where my approvals went initially though this may be because of my direct report within the company

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Ollie for your nice review. We are happy to make your life so much easier!

Thiemo Gillissen

Excellent product that makes a messy, old-fashioned process truly digital and efficient.

Reviewed 2019-09-03

Very reliable, solid product.

Pros
Software user interface, easy of use. End-to-end, very well though-trough experience and features.

Cons
Heavy pricepoint for smaller companies like us.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Thiemo for your nice review. All the team wishes you a great day!

Mark Yang

Great simple tool

Reviewed 2019-04-03

Great software that allows me to finally no need to keep the receipts to claim expenses as a constant business traveller.

Pros
Simplicity design and able to track my spending

Cons
So far, the problems were solved and quite efficient.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Mark for your great review !

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Laure Albouy

Such an easy way to handle my expenses at work

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-11-27

Pros
I love how quickly I understood the product. I didn't even need to be onboarded: everything felt very intuitive, very early on. Whenever I need to make a business expense, I don't even have to think about it twice, Spendesk makes it a breeze.

Cons
There's really little to dislike! It sometimes (but rarely) doesn't work on all payment systems but I know they're working on that.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Laure for your great review !

Rhodri Jones

Great product

Reviewed 2019-10-22

I'm spending less time filling in forms for credit card spends, scanning receipts and chasing invoices.

Pros
Ease of use. Easy to keep track of payments and receipts. More secure than using a normal card.

Cons
Can't think of any.

Daniele Zini

Great Experience

Reviewed 2019-07-10

Pros
Ease of use makes it a top pick for corporate expences.

Cons
Lack of contactless functionality in its shocking violet cards.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Daniele for your nice review. Stay tuned, contactless might arrive soon, such as new design from the card... ;)

Philip Letsch

Excellent Product!

Reviewed 2019-05-21

Pros
I am using the software for all my travel expenses. I do not work in finance, so I do not have much insight on the usability for the company overall but as an individual, Spendesk makes it extremely easy to manage my expenses. The App helps to keep everything organised while on the road.

Cons
I have no complaints about the software. Again, I do not manage the finances for the company but for me personally, there are no cons.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Philip for your nice review. If you need any assistance while traveling, do not hesitate to contact our support team and we'll be glad to help!

5 stars

Reviewed 2019-05-28

Expenses I do have while I´m traveling due to work.

Pros
User friendly and organization, all information in the same place.

Cons
The software, none till now, the card to pay cant be used in some places. Overall, good experience.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your nice review!

Easily to adopt!

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Tackling daily expenses with ease!

Pros
The overall speed and straightforwardness of handling on a daily basis expenses as a field commercial.

Cons
The fact that Firefox doesn't handle the software?

Suzanne Tablas

Very easy to use!

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-10-07

It's super user-friendly and efficient :)

Pros
I travel a lot for work and love that I can use the app at any moment and upload directly my invoices to the app, very user-friendly

Cons
Sometimes the app takes a bit to load the images, but it usually solves with a few minutes

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Suzanne for your great review. We're happy to help you spending while on-the-go!

Anonymous

Makes a complex process quick painless

Reviewed 2019-05-07

I regularly need to spend on incentives for gathering user feedback, and spendesk makes that process easy for me.

Pros
As a user of Spendesk, it's great to feel enabled to easily make work purchases without needing to worry about expense forms, or waiting for someone to give you a company card. It makes my workflow faster.

Cons
There's very little I don't like. I've only had two case where there was something in the UI that I didn't understand 100%, but it didn't prevent me from achieving what I needed to do.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your great review!