Square Invoices Reviews

4.69/5 (65 reviews)

Pros
  • Ease of use, helpful
  • I like that you can send an invoice straight from the POS.
  • It save me time and money . I can work on other stuff why getting pay .
  • the only thing I can say is a pro is that it is a credit card processing service
Cons
  • Cost
  • No real complaints about the software.
  • Great software don't dislike anything about it
  • So far, I really haven't found any dislikes. We don't do a TON of invoices though...
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Anonymous

Square is an excellent payment processor for all of my clients.

Reviewed 2018-03-15

Great service, support, decent mobile apps and a robust tool to manage transactions for small-mid size businesses.

Pros
I really like how easy it is to setup recurring or one time invoices. Some of my clients pay via credit, others don't and Square makes it easy to mark any invoice paid even if it wasn't thru them.

Gregory James

Very easy to use

Reviewed 2018-03-27

Pros
I love using square invoice it is so easy to send invoices and my clients have an easy time paying I love that it goes out from my business address

Cons
The only thing I do not like is the amount I am charged per transaction, and that invoices are charged at a higher but It is still worth paying

James Baker

Money Saving

Reviewed 2016-11-07

I like the invoices because it saves me time and money . It's like 1,2,3 , boom get pay . Fast & secure

Pros
It save me time and money . I can work on other stuff why getting pay .

Cons
Great software don't dislike anything about it

Amber Sowers

Makes life easy!!

Reviewed 2016-07-25

I use the invoice feature almost everyday. LOVE that Square added the functionality of reoccurring invoices.

Helen Roush

Square is a great program!

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Pros
It is very easy to create, and send invoices. Square tracks invoices that are overdue or need paid. Very useful program to process credit card payments.

Cons
Overall, there are no major cons about Square. It is very easy to use and processing is very simple.

Lee Adkins

We love Square Invoices!

Reviewed 2016-11-11

We've tried several invoicing platforms and Square is really the easiest to use and implement. It remembers customer and their contact info and sends them simple and attractive invoices that are easy to pay. You can also schedule future invoices to go out automatically and that interface is easy and intuitive.

Pros
It's very easy to use and functional. There are lots of other great tools we're not even using yet. Great reporting too.

Cons
I wish the charge for allowing a customer to save their credit card info wasn't so high.

Francine Carstensen

Reviewed 2017-01-12

These are great. Wish there were a few more options, but for ease of use, value, and functionality, these are fantastic.

Pros
Easy to use. Can you either on desktop or mobile. Quick, fast and functionality is stellar.

Cons
No way to 'pre-schedule' invoices to go out automatically on a certain date. No way to schedule recurring invoices. Wish the system automatically numbered your invoices and allowed you to put them into pre-designed categories. Wish there were more options for designs, but the current version is fine

Anonymous

easy way to send invoices

Reviewed 2018-01-09

Pros
If you already use Square then this is the best way to invoice customers. Super easy to add items to an invoice or create a custom item

Cons
You must already be using the Square system and have to use all the functionality of the system, too expensive for only invoices.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Sarah White

Amazing Perk of Square

Reviewed 2018-02-20

Pros
I love how easy it is to use Square Invoices. All you do is put in the customers name and email, and the $ amount and then you can either email it to them, or even more conveniently you can copy a link to the invoice and text that to them. I use the texting feature most often these days.

Cons
The only aspect of Square Invoices that I would like changed is that they require you to put in an email address even though the invoice can be shared via text. It's an extra step to have to ask for the clients email address even though I end up texting them anyway. Hopefully that will change.

Caitlin Kraina

Affordable, Clean Design, User-friendly & Professional

Reviewed 2018-01-11

Pros
Square invoices has really improved the way I track and receive money from clients. It's highly professional, takes less than a minute for my customers to pay me, and I love that you can also schedule payments, leave custom messages, and customize with my company logo. It's also nice to be able to take payments on site with the square reader plugin for my phone (with the app) that they sent to me for free!

Cons
The time it takes to deposit funds into my account takes slightly longer than I've experienced with Quickbooks, but other than that it has been great.

Decent Invoicing Properties

Reviewed 2018-01-04

I was able to sell my products at vendor fairs and reach a growing audience.

Pros
I like that I can use my Square plug in to my phone to be able to invoice customers instantly. I can use the custom item invoice option or simply enter the price in the device and be able to bill them that way. It is flexible and convenient in that regard. Also, I can send a questionnaire afterward.

Cons
I wish that a percentage of each sale was not taken at each purchase. I know there is a way you can get a referral and waive this, but I had not been informed of it at the time of my purchase.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Love using square to send invoices!

Reviewed 2017-11-17

Customer ease, business ease, functionality, value, convenience and affordability.

Pros
Free to send invoices, small fee when payee pays invoice and payments are directly deposited in 24 hours to set bank account or instantly for a very small additional fee. You can customize your invoices too!

Cons
Fee could be cheaper, but nothing else that needs improvement that I can think of. I really love using square.

Garrett Johnson

Invoice Experiences With Square

Reviewed 2016-07-27

I have been very pleased thus far with my Square experience. Inputting information is pretty facile and transmission to clients is very efficient.

Pros
It appears to be easy to use from my clients' perspective and thus increases the likelihood of speedy payment of outstanding invoices.

Cons
No real complaints about the software.

Ashley Michelle

Great way to keep track of Invoices

Reviewed 2017-10-09

Was able to keep track of my invoices with ease, just the cost was more than what I get with my package with Wix.

Pros
With this tool, you can keep track of what you have earned vs what you are waiting to get paid for/outstanding invoices. Helps you keep track of how much you are bringing up by different time frames.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Erin Woodward

Extremely helpful

Reviewed 2016-11-03

As a therapist with many young adult clients from out of state, Square invoicing allows me to bill my client's parents and keep track of payments with ease. My only complaint is the higher cost Square charges for invoices and card on file, but with the ease of use it is worth it.

Pros
Ease of use, helpful

Cons
Cost

Mai Yee Yang-Moua

I like it. Sending invoices was so simple and easy.

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Pros
Being able to create my own services and how easy it was to send invoices. Also the option to get same day deposits.

Cons
Nothing really. It's pretty easy and self-explanatory. If I had to find something bad to say I would say the card reader is a bit small. But that's it.

Kenneth Shuman

Works great. Has allowed us to make a lot of money.

Reviewed 2018-02-07

Allowed my store to make money it otherwise wouldn't have.

Pros
It's easy to use. I can bill a customer anytime from anywhere from any device and I am.only charged a flat fee.

Cons
There really isn't any downside to using Square Invoices. If I had to come up with something I would say the fee for Invoices could be a little less.

Simple and easy

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Pros
This software has been very useful for sending invoices to some of my larger clients. They have the option of paying online through the payment portal or they can pay in person by check or cash. I am able to make updates to the invoice that are then shared with the customer.

Cons
There is no way to do a partial payment. If they customer wants to pay an invoice with two payment types, they are unable to do so. There is also no way to make a change that applies to the whole order. If you need to apply a discount / tax free to the whole invoice than you have to do it for each individual item.

Michelle Lawrence

rotten

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-08-17

my experience has been awful with square

Pros

Cons
The company Square is not a company I would go with, they have poor customer service, there is not way to get a hold of them, the invoices do not reach our customers no matter how many times we send out invoices, just not a good company all around

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Jenny D

So Easy and Convenient for Customers

Reviewed 2017-03-01

One of my main reasons to begin using Square at my company was to be able to send invoices that can be paid online by my customers. Square Invoices makes that so easy'especially now if the customer has a recurring invoice, they can save their card to use next time. I can't recommend it highly enough, it is just so easy to use, customize, send out and above all, extremely easy for customers to pay and receive a receipt automatically.

Caleb Thompson

Not a very good one, had to Look for alternatives.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-03-27

Pros
I liked the fact that you can create an invoice with payment processing integrated into it. You cannpersonalize your invoice and send with ease.

Cons
My experience was very bad! I run a website that offers services to my users and wanted to Move away from Paypal, however it was not a good experience. After my first sale, Square canceled my account and closed it, locking up my funds. It was weird because I refunds customer for What ever circumstance and Square in their infinite wisdom decided that I was Too risky. How?

Catherine Kerton-Johnson

I' use square invoices for my catering business. I' find the ease of use excellent

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Pros
I' like that I' can use it on my mobile phone and send invoices directly to my clients which they can then pay immediately.

Anonymous

Setting up and using Square was so easy.

Reviewed 2017-12-12

I am able to invoice customers and email them directly from the software as well as record the payments there as well.

Pros
Easy to set up and to use. I am able to create an invoice for my lawn service company and email the invoice directly from the software. Once the payment is made it alerts me.

Cons
I can not find where there is a way to set up a payment reminder to be sent automatically to customers that have not paid after a set amount of time.

Shelby Howard

Easy to create invoices

Reviewed 2018-03-28

Easy to create invoices and email them to clients.

Pros
I use this software to create invoices and email them to my clients for my small lawn care business. It also syncs with my bank and allows payments to be made.

Cons
Works really well. If I had to pick the worst thing it would be the fees. But I also understand that they have to make money as well. I sometimes forget to include the fees when I send an invoice.

Anonymous

This is an easy way to empower my employees to invoice customers (vs. waiting for QuickBooks)

Reviewed 2018-08-21

It's as user-friendly as the rest of the Square tools.

Pros
I like that you can send an invoice straight from the POS.