Square Point of Sale Reviews

iPad & Android point of sale (POS) system

1,612 reviews

Square Point of Sale

Pros

I like the pricing system. Its structured and extremely simple which makes its very effective.

Cons

The square chip card reader has a difficult time processing card swipes. I tend to manually enter information more often then not.

Good for Consumer

My experience has always been positive. I don't think much about it, which I believe is a good sign!

Pros

I like square because it is widely used by many businesses. It is convenient for the consumer because it stores your phone number related to your card and automatically sends receipts through text or email.

Cons

I don't have any cons to report on this software. I think the more businesses that use it, the better it will serve the consumer.

Pretty easy for retail use

Overall these work pretty well for us, they are helping us be more hip with the times as far as technology for cash register purposes

Pros

These work pretty well for us, with our recent implementation of iPads as cash registers. They usually work well.

Cons

They seem to be susceptible to damage and sometimes they go SO SLOW that it's almost worth powering up our old machines and using those

Terrible Support

Overall I would not use this product in the future. Its easier to use other payment processing platforms that have better customer service.

Pros

I liked the fact that square is extremely easy to use and i am able to process payments during different events just using my phone or tablet.

Cons

I HATED the fact that the customer service was so terrible. There is no phone support, only email support and a lot of the time the responses are copy pasted with generic answers.

A much needed product.

All in all quite positive and a very valuable tool in my POS belt.

Pros

The ability to take more than just cash payments when I am out selling vinyl records at fair's is something that has totally expanded my revenue stream. I often have customers who decide to purchase more once they learn that they can use their card to pay for the items.

Cons

The software is a little slow and certainly will not work perfectly unless you are in an area with great cell reception or wi-fi. The cast of use is a little high so I hope in the future to see more products like this allowing for competition.

Simply Convenient

We used this at all our concerts and fund raisers. We were easily able to use it to swipe. I was even able to take orders over the phone and type it on the computer.

Pros

My favorite was being able to use it anywhere I had wifi. I also loved that I could easily use it on the computer, iPad, or phone.

Cons

Maybe not a con since I didn't try to find it, but I wish I could have made multiple login accounts where those who logged in could do limited transactions.

Square Point of Sale

Pros

This is incredibly convenient. accept credit and debit anywhere with your smart phone. Simple to use and secure

Cons

The extension that plugs into phone never worked properly for me, but I have seen others use it with no issue.

Easy way to accept CC payments.

Pros

The ease of the use is the best aspect of this product. It makes accepting credit card payments easy.

Cons

The biggest con is the high rate they charge to use the service. It would be nice if it was graduated lower for higher volumes of processing.

Advanced POS system with straightforward UI

I've personally used it when running booths at a craft festival, I've also assisted 3 clients in transitioning from their dated POS system to Square Point of Sale.

Pros

The ease of set up and use. The portability of the device compatibility. SPOF can be run on a tablet or a phone. Offers great features like text receipts, customer tracking, feedback generation, supply/demand reporting. Allowing customers to use card payments wherever you are is great. At a farmers market or a retail location.

Cons

I have not experienced any issues. Neither have my clients I've assisted with transitioning to SquareUP

Great way to easily collect payments in house or on the go

Pros

We don't use Square for our business on a daily basis, but whenever we have pop-up shops, it's been an awesome tool to be able to quickly and easily accept payments. We haven't had any problems with it at all! Love how you can put in the exact products and details of the items you are selling and even put photos in for ease of use when trying to conduct a transaction. Been perfect for our small business!

Cons

It May be Square, but it's Not Lame!

It's a nice POS for a beginning store or a person who does a lot of Craft Shows or Food Trucks.

Pros

I can track inventory, sales, customer purchases, busy times and more. What's really not to love about a product that integrated with pretty awesome software to make my life easier!?

Cons

2.75% Per tap, dip, or swipe for payments taken on Readers and Stand. I get it, they need to charge something for me using it, however the % is a bit steep.

Square

It’s alright, I do still use it often. But clients try to use Venmo or Facebook pay more.

Pros

It was easy to use and had several options and customizations that you could use and add and I thought that was pretty cool.

Cons

It charges people a fee just to process through square and I think the fee dollar amount may be low but it still is taking away from what you earned.

System to process payments

Pros

The system is pretty simple and easy to use. You can include all sale items very easily with the prices.

Cons

The system can stop working or get stuck during the middle of a transaction leaving you with no way to process payments.

Super helpful

Our overall experience with the Square POS has been good, we will continue to use it for events moving forward.

Pros

We use the square for our fundraising events. It has helped us out a ton with processing credit card payments with ease.

Cons

We've had the app crash occasionally and it wouldn't process the credit card we were trying to use. We used another square we had and it worked fine, i'm sure it was an anomaly but something to be aware of.

Simple but powerful product

We use this software during fundraisers at my church and it works great for accepting payment for silent auction items during the events. We have been very happy with Square's service.

Pros

This payment software works great for mobile events like auctions and fundraisers. It is simple enough that anyone can use it, but also powerful enough that it has advanced functionality that can be used if needed.

Cons

The fees that Square takes from the proceeds is kind of high, especially for a non-profit, but it is still worth it because there is not really another simple way to accept credit and debit cards at an event.

Simple, fairly inexpensive and intuitive

Pros

I love the UI of the app on mobile. You open the app, and pretty much all you see if a "register" view. It always you to do what you want with the app - accept payment, and quickly!

Cons

The cost to process credit cards, while in line with other competitors in this market, is higher than some of the major players, but it's a simple trade-off to be able to take a payment, especially if you don't use it every day.

Square Point of Sale is the best option for merchandise sales

Great platform! We've loved the simplicity of the software as it has made accepting cards only much easier!

Pros

Square has changed the game of merchandise sales for the church! We can have multiple sites for selling merchandise using the square readers all linked to the same account, I can configure the settings easily, and we can handle all aspects that go along with merchandise sales with minimal effort.

Cons

While the fees are relatively low for point of sale platforms, the fees are still something that have to be considered when deciding not to take cash which obviously has no fees.

Square POS is a simple POS solution that works great.

Pros

The design is super cool. I love that it is just a simple ipad on an elegant stand. The software is easy to set up and easy to use. It saves time and headache training employees on how to use it.

Cons

It is a little pricey to set up as you have to buy an ipad and the Square setup. Also, the transaction rates are a tad high but totally worth it for the cool looking easy set up.

Great software for on the go

Pros

Very handy to have especially if you are on the road with your mobile business. Always there when you need it.

Cons

Android app needs to be more user-friendly. Always seem to use desktop site unless taking payments on the go

Square Point of Sale

Pros

This program was really easy to use. We were able to load it onto our iPad and it worked perfectly for our event. We definitely plan to continue using it.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints about Square, but I do wish there weren't additional fees.

Easy Way to Process Credit Cards

Overall I have been using square for years and will continue to It was easy to set up and pretty straightforward. I have not had any problems thus far.

Pros

What I like most about square is that it can be used anywhere as long as you have a mobile device. You don't need a whole terminal and a phone line just your phone and wifi

Cons

What I like least about this is the fees. You can get better rates with a terminal but not as much flexibility

Good for on the spot transactions

Square makes it easy it’s swipe your customers card then and there. Very easy to use.

Pros

The best thing about Square is that you can swipe your payments right there on the spot. No waiting for payment to come through later or for client to forget and need to be reminded. It happens at that moment.

Cons

It’s very similar to PayPal in transaction use. There’s nothing I don’t like. It’s just nice to have another payment method.

Square point of sale

Pros

Super easy to use. can use a swiper, bluetooth or type card in. Simple and responsive

Cons

Have to use different attachments for different phones are else it wont work. Wish there was a way to use it offline as well

Great little tool for small business

It's great that you can track all sales with this software, not just credit card sales. It also gives you the ability to enter your products and prices so when you're ringing up a sale you can just select the items from a list and it's all totaled for you.

Pros

I use this mainly for craft shows. I love having the ability to accept credit cards, and this makes it so easy.

Cons

A couple times I had some issues getting it to connect, but other than that it was great.

Making Sales Transactions for Mobile Business Easy!

I love Square! It’s made transactions for my clients who don’t normally carry cash MUCH easier, and it’s so convenient to have the funds directly deposited into my bank account! This is essential for any small business owner!

Pros

I don’t know why I didn’t look into a portable card reader sooner, as a boot camp instructor and also working with clients in home sometimes, taking only cash or check was really limiting me! The reader and app are very easy to use, with lots of helpful tutorials when you first get started! I also love that’s you can use it for online sales if needed!

Cons

It was a little challenging setting up different “products” when I accidentally selected an inventory item, took a little getting used to but overall very happy with this app!