Square Point of Sale Logo

iPad & Android point of sale (POS) system

Square Point of Sale Reviews - Page 68

1,854 reviews

Excellent POS system!

Pros

Haven't had much trouble at all with Square. Serves all my checking out needs and manages all my sales statistics digitally.

Cons

I wish it were a little more 'professional' in its layout. Seems a little simple in its design, as all apps seem to be trending these days.

Point of sales

I've had a great experience with square and plan to use again if at all possible.

Pros

Its easy to use. It's just like it was when I worked for a different company so I already knew how to operate threw it.

Cons

If it ever goes off line, it tends to back up sales process but it's always fixed within a matter of minutes.

What a great way to give the power to the merchant.

Great way to run cards and a model for the future.

Pros

Easy and quick way for many small businesses to start running credit cards without all of the hassle of merchant accounts and gateways.

Cons

You pay a higher percentage fee than you might otherwise for the ease of use.

Good app

Pros

I like using square for the option of cc payments

Cons

I feel that the fees are way to much for the use

Square card reader

Pros

I love my customers have an alternate use besides cash.

Cons

That it costs me money to charge their cards.

Square review ok

Pros

Auto deposit for cards. Income and tax tracking abilities to provide discounts.

Cons

Cost of transactions inability to track inventory inability to do payroll inability to send orders from the table to the kitchen

It's free! Mostly

Pros

I received the little square for free at my house, and got $500 of no taxation money received. After that, every time someone uses my square to pay for something I would get a cut of 2.75%

Cons

They get something from you but they advertise as free.

Square Makes Buying and Selling Easy and Aesthetically Pleasing

Pros

The simplicity of design and the ease of use.

Cons

I don't think I really had any complaints about it!

Square review

Pros

Great point of sale application makes sales easy. Roll out of new payroll capability improved upon their already proven model.

Cons

Initial reaction by consumers unfamiliar with application was mixed but people are more and more accustomed to seeing Square

Love this software

Pros

This software was super easy to use and very quick to set up. I was up and running and taking payments in less than 15 minutes!

Cons

I don't like that there are processing fees that are added to the cost and that it takes a little time for the reader to be recognized by the software once you plug it in.

Great for a small business

Pros

It was very easy to set up and acocunt and start taking payments immediately. The app is very user-friendly and helpful. It's wonderful they give you a free reader as well.

Cons

Now that most credit cards have a chip, the free reader is less secure for payments, however the chip reader has to be purchased.

Not My Cup Of Tea

While Square has many great features and I love that it is so customizable, I find the lack of customer service to outweigh any good that may be.

Pros

I appreciate that the software was very customizable.

Cons

It seemed like it took more to get the software setup than it should ha eand was very discouraging that when we most needed customer support, no one was available.

Square Point of Sale

Pros

Love Square POS - very user friendly. The startup process is super fast and you can get going quickly.

Cons

The only thing for me is remembering to bring my lightning converter if I need to use square on the go. Will upgrade to the compatible one soon!

Simple POS

Pros

Very sleek, intuitive user interface that makes usage very simple

Cons

Often very difficult to set up third party integrations.

My opinion of Square Point of Sale

Horrible! Horrible customer service, too many features, hard to navigate through. All the way around just a horrible software.

Pros

There arent many pros with this software in my opinion. I dont like it much at all. Even if I had to think about it and had to pick something, I dont think I could name anything.

Cons

Everything. I do not like this software and the customer service is horrible!!!! I no longer use this and wont be recommending it to anyone I know. Its NOT a good software in my opinion.

It Works When It Works

Pros

Square was an easy solution for our in-store sales, and it was easy to take it on the go to different conventions.

Cons

I would estimate square worked the first time about 80% of the time. The other 20%would require additional swiping, logging out and logging back in, etc. This 20% of the time was embarrassing in front of new customers, and clearly made some people uncomfortable, as the multiple swipes made them ill-at-ease about how much they were being charged.

I love the automatic receipts

Pros

Several of our local vendors have started to use Square Point of Sale for their transactions and I love the automatic receipts. They're helpful when trying to keep track of rewards points, etc.

Cons

I don't believe that I have a con regarding Square Point of Sale.

Don't Spare the Square

Pros

Ease of use and reasonable transaction fee. Square has enabled us to accept credit cards and not just limited to cash transactions. This has increased our concession sales.

Cons

Sometimes the swipe function doesn't work. I also wish it spin around so easily.

Point of Sale Review

Pros

I love this application because it makes it extremely easy to sell products. Anyone can set it up. Especially great for small businesses.

Cons

The device needs access to Wifi. If there's no Wifi in the area, then the transaction can't go through.

Very convenient software

Sending invoices is really easy. You can even make customs gifts cards to offer to your customers. I would recommand this anytime.

Quick and easy

Pros

It’s so small and portable. Easy to use and set up. Great for small business and work without the internet too if needed.

Cons

It is very small and you could lose it. And you have to hand people your phone for them to sign for it.

Simple to use and love the accessibility of this product!

Pros

I love the credit card swiper and the ease of use on my iphone even if I don't have the swiper with me.

Cons

I do not like the higher transaction processing rate that comes with the Square processing but this is a small exchange for ease of use.

Quick and easy

Pros

I love how easy to use it is, just a quick swipe of the card and it’s done. I wish more food trucks would use this or door to door sales reps.

Cons

I don’t like how it always asks if I want to give a tip on a purchase

Love this software

Pros

The ease of checkouts was probably the best feature of this software. I love how the program explains to the customers instead of me having to sit there and watch the checkout.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any feature that I disliked enough to remember.

Convenient piece of technology

Pros

Very convenient app. Very useful. It makes it easy for the customers to make purchases, simple to use

Cons

The big problem is the amount in fees. They seem high ... i guess that is not really a software issue, but more of a cost of service thing.